Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Tonight I was lighting a nice gentle char burn when I was ambushed by nuke ops. And I was dying, thinking the whole while, had I known they were coming it would have been plasma/O2 in every loop and open valves on every other gas tank I could reach.

e. there was still a happy little plasma fire, every op died or suicided, then a heroic bot grabbed the nuke and teleported it off the z-level with seconds to spare, so an excellent round regardless.

Next time I'm captain though I'm crushering the disk.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nalesh posted:

I still need to figure out how to not have the loving pipes burst every time I do engine stuff.

The pipes bursting means your engine is running properly.

cock hero flux posted:

b: run O2/Plasma through them, start the biggest fire known to man, close all the releases and get the pressure so high that even after every pipe has blown the pressure keeps going up

The pipes might fail, but the halls themselves will hold the pressure and heat of a star! :pseudo:.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

My best traitor geneticist round ever began with me and the geneticist next to me both loving up and revealing our traitor status to one another, wherupon we both realized the cosmic gift bestowed upon us and vowed not to waste it. We ended up pulling a bumbling routine where we would call random targets in for genetic enhancement and take turns passing them between us, pretending to incompetently try to fix them while rendering them subsequently mute, blind, deaf, completely irrecognizable, and finally utterly unable to stop us or cry for help as we flushed them down the disposal pipe.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

rndmnmbr posted:

Tonight I was lighting a nice gentle char burn when I was ambushed by nuke ops. And I was dying, thinking the whole while, had I known they were coming it would have been plasma/O2 in every loop and open valves on every other gas tank I could reach.

e. there was still a happy little plasma fire, every op died or suicided, then a heroic bot grabbed the nuke and teleported it off the z-level with seconds to spare, so an excellent round regardless.

Next time I'm captain though I'm crushering the disk.

What's to stop you crushering the disk in any case? Is there some recourse for the operatives?

I mean yeah it's metagamey as hell to destroy it - but if the captain does do that after seeing there's nukies - is there some alternative for them? Or are they just hosed at that point?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

DarkDobe posted:

What's to stop you crushering the disk in any case? Is there some recourse for the operatives?

I mean yeah it's metagamey as hell to destroy it - but if the captain does do that after seeing there's nukies - is there some alternative for them? Or are they just hosed at that point?

on goon, the disk is optional and just reduces the countdown (or increases it if a crewmember uses it)

quote:

An entirely optional objective that can nevertheless be vital to your planning. When used on an armed bomb, it modifies the countdown depending on who inserted it: 3 minutes less (operative) or 3 minutes more (crew member). Needless to say, the first outcome is vastly preferable from your perspective. The disk can generally be found in the captain's pocket and if your team decides to send somebody after him (be it undercover or not) in preparation for the main strike, remember that he is armed and likely to expect trouble.
The Syndicate team leader spawns with a special red pinpointer in his backpack. It tracks the location of the authentication disk and should be given to the operative who has been tasked with obtaining it.

edit: on other servers where the disk is mandatory, it respawns if it exits the z level. consider recursively containing and deep frying it

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 26, 2019

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It used to do that here too, but that was removed at the same time the nuke no longer needed to be armed at the Syndicate shuttle but instead on the station somewhere (a very good change).

The Auth disk also includes actual authentication codes for a handful of things, and as said, increases the countdown by 3 if a loyal crew member uses it on the nuke. Crushering it is a pretty bad idea.

Ruzihm posted:

He told me to arrest someone, and I flashed them and managed to figure out how to cuff them before they got up. The told me I didn't say what I arrested them for, so I told them "troublemaking". They had been messing around with teleportation, so they were upset that I apparently considered that worthy of being arrested.

Following Stephen with the captive as he instructed, he took us to the airlocks, where he told me to remove her earpiece (i didn't know how to do that so he did it himself when I didn't do it right away) and throw her into space.

Well, I've never thrown anyone in ss13 before so I tried some obvious things but couldn't get it to work. Went to type `say "how do I do that"` but I didn't have focus in the text box (in retrospect I should have used `ooc` or something)
which meant when I typed the `s` I walked down and out of the airlock, dropping my captive and drifting off into space. Naturally, I collided with the scaffolding that was outside the station and was able to jump back to the airlock and into the station again but uhhh my master was not pleased.

I was that person! I was dismantling his teleporter traps that dropped you into the crusher, and I guess he didn't like that.

Spacing yourself was a hilarious twist that I wasn't expecting, as I was completely helpless -- arrested, grabbed, and primed to be spaced. It gave me enough of an opportunity to run away, hop on a forklift someone left out, and escape my would-be murderers, surviving all the way to the shuttle.

You did well.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

It used to do that here too, but that was removed at the same time the nuke no longer needed to be armed at the Syndicate shuttle but instead on the station somewhere (a very good change).

The Auth disk also includes actual authentication codes for a handful of things, and as said, increases the countdown by 3 if a loyal crew member uses it on the nuke. Crushering it is a pretty bad idea.

I was that person! I was dismantling his teleporter traps that dropped you into the crusher, and I guess he didn't like that.

Spacing yourself was a hilarious twist that I wasn't expecting, as I was completely helpless -- arrested, grabbed, and primed to be spaced. It gave me enough of an opportunity to run away, hop on a forklift someone left out, and escape my would-be murderers, surviving all the way to the shuttle.

You did well.

Oh! Dang no wonder he wanted you gone. I'm really glad to hear you had fun despite me trying to kill you haha :)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The pipes bursting means your engine is running properly.

Problem is the engine tends to peter out after they break.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ruzihm posted:

Oh! Dang no wonder he wanted you gone. I'm really glad to hear you had fun despite me trying to kill you haha :)

I try to roleplay a little more than average, which is why I tend to talk over the radio and go along with things rather than trying to robust people. It would've sucked to die, but the way it ended was hilarious in and of itself.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Nalesh posted:

I still need to figure out how to not have the loving pipes burst every time I do engine stuff.

If you're not doing a hellburn, but you are using the combustion chamber:

When you add plasma to the hot loop, connect the canister, open the valve and immediately shut it. Tiny amounts of gas is all you need. Don't forget about the purge valves either!

If you are doing a hellburn it shouldn't matter at all

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Inadequately posted:

The cloner was once located in genetics.

In theory, this meant that geneticists were in charge of cloning anyone who got killed. In practice, this meant that geneticists were the final boss you had to fight to get anyone cloned, because if left to their own devices, they would steadfastly ignore anything and everything going on around them while a mountain of corpses piled up outside their door. So you had to break into genetics with the body you wanted to clone, whereupon two psychic hulks would reflexively try to shove you into the reclaimer out of habit.

The cloner is now located outside genetics, and the reclaimer no longer accepts living people.

at one stage they tried making a port-a-gene to let people walk around like a travelling magician and turn assistants into black women with rainbow/dr floorpills afros.

the antisocial turbonerds ended up shoving one into a pod and doing their turbonerd mastermind games on the russian derelict, which is still hilarious every time I think about it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Emagged portabrig should turn criminals into supercriminals

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Isaac posted:

Emagged portabrig should turn criminals into supercriminals

Emagged portabrig should turn criminals into sec.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
No you're going about this all wrong: Emagged portabrig should teleport in on top of whoever calls it and instant gib them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rynoto posted:

No you're going about this all wrong: Emagged portabrig should teleport in on top of whoever calls it and instant gib them.

Ooh, I like that one :gibs:. It should, at the very least, never actually lock despite appearing to do so.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
ironically a spritzer of water works just like it would on a cat when you spray randoms with it because they don't know what the heck is in it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They got rid of chemistry for a reason. Basically this reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBcJBdNpeU

Though seems like a lot of other servers still have it, and balance it by having most departments also have access to crazy poo poo if you know how. I suppose the issue with chemistry is that it was a lot easier to get your hands on all the crazy poo poo right away if you memorised the formulas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They got rid of chemistry for a reason.

Wait, what? :stare:

PopeCrunch finally won? :ohdear:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Chemistry still exists, but they took the chem dispenser out of the afterlife bar on day one.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

As long as it's not going away on the station. The best part of the chem dispenser in the bar is making perfluorodecalin and then advertising over the radio that your drinks are so good they'll leave the drinker speechless.

HipBEE
Apr 27, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

Well, unless you emag it, or suicide into it. One round, I had just dragged somebody to the cloner and gotten them going when I noticed Jay Wolfe running around with a katana. As the previous couple rounds had also been dumb rampages, I decided not to engage and jumped my rear end into the reclaimer. As it turned out, the machine had run out of biomatter due to a lot of people dying early on and needing to be cloned, and since Jay apparently hosed off more or less right after that without doing the rampage I'd anticipated, people noticed what happened and assumed I'd nobly sacrificed myself for the sake of the crewman being cloned, rather than the reality that I'd just killed myself out of irritation.
sometimes I just buy a katana and don't go on a rampage, I just like to have it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dylguy90 posted:

My best traitor geneticist round ever began with me and the geneticist next to me both loving up and revealing our traitor status to one another, wherupon we both realized the cosmic gift bestowed upon us and vowed not to waste it. We ended up pulling a bumbling routine where we would call random targets in for genetic enhancement and take turns passing them between us, pretending to incompetently try to fix them while rendering them subsequently mute, blind, deaf, completely irrecognizable, and finally utterly unable to stop us or cry for help as we flushed them down the disposal pipe.

one of my favorite traitor things is to play angry, totally self absorbed geneticist straight but I reroute the disposal pipe into the crusher first

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I've been putting off learning mechanics for a long time but I may finally have to now

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

one of my favorite traitor things is to play angry, totally self absorbed geneticist straight but I reroute the disposal pipe into the crusher first

i like to wall off the airbridge and set up a flusher that you can put money into to shoot you to the other side, like a toll booth

on traitor rounds I reroute it to the crusher so that people pay to kill themselves

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

A man was sentenced to borging by the Captain, for the crime of cyanide poisoning. There was no trial.

There were no roboticists.
Just a VERY enthusiastic security man, and a VERY horrified HoP.

The procedure was messy. Terribly messy. Traumatizing.

The new borg proceeded to drag the husk of its former body away.

...The HoP found it. In his office. It was too much.

Of course HoP was found later and cloned. Still struggling with the horror of what he had done and witnessed, he flung himself from the escape shuttle into the sweet embrace of the void.

Sick Ness Monster
Dec 25, 2016
Had an awesome admin-assisted round.
I was a traitor, and early on I died coincidentally because I'd stepped away from the computer briefly, before I'd even used my telecrystals. I asked if there was anything they could do, and I was changed into a massive syndie rail drone, and left to wander space freely.

I became what I can only describe as the equivalent of a bonus boss - an incredibly strong, tanky behemoth that was all but made to catch random explorers unaware, only beatable by focused effort. It was pretty quiet until I stumbled upon the radio station, and gave the host the fright of his life as I claimed the station as my own, crashing through the windows and blasting him. It was at this point pods came to challenge me, and succeeded in drawing me away before succumbing to my blasts.

Alas, my knowledge of how to navigate space is limited, and once I followed the pods to the Space Diner I couldn't get back to the radio station. As the shuttle flew home, I had a final showdown with my first rival, destroying her pod. I sat in space with her as she died, as it had been a worthy battle. Then I gibbed her body, as a sign of respect. Such a cool round.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

newbies, remember: keep an eye on your intent!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Ruzihm posted:

newbies, remember: keep an eye on your intent!

Important exception: Do not use any intent other than Help when wielding a stun baton. The Harm intent (and possible Grab/Disarm, I've not tested) introduces a risk of holding the baton backwards and zapping yourself. As far as I can tell, this exists exclusively as a trap for people that overuse the Harm intent.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You used to be able to harmbaton stun people. It was changed to gently caress over bad sec officers yes.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ChaseSP posted:

You used to be able to harmbaton stun people. It was changed to gently caress over bad sec officers yes.

It’s a really dumb thing that just fucks over new players.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Oh yea I was wondering... is there a chance we could change the name of the "illegal immigrant" trait to "undocumented immgrant" or "undocumented"? I think it's actually more in the spirit of the actual mechanics of the trait anyway.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ChaseSP posted:

Vengarr posted:

It’s a really dumb thing that just fucks over new players.

:aaaaa:

So that's what happened!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ruzihm posted:

Oh yea I was wondering... is there a chance we could change the name of the "illegal immigrant" trait to "undocumented immgrant" or "undocumented"? I think it's actually more in the spirit of the actual mechanics of the trait anyway.

You've snuck onto a corporate space station, that's illegal in terms of Nanotrasen code, I guess secbots don't go after you but its pretty much the same, just different nomenclature :shrug:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 29, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You've snuck onto a corporate space station, that's illegal in terms of Nanotrasen code, I guess secbots don't go after you but its pretty much the same, just different nomenclature :shrug:

in 2019, people care about this kind of stuff for a reason

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I managed to figure out how to mine, instantly got irradiated while mining, and forgot my oxygen. I died in medsci while trying to stablize myself and figure out syringes.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Zoig posted:

I managed to figure out how to mine, instantly got irradiated while mining, and forgot my oxygen. I died in medsci while trying to stablize myself and figure out syringes.

the last time I tried mining I got irradiated, hulked out of my suit, and was rendered unintelligible. I wound up back inside mining with no id, no suit, and unable to ask AI or anyone to open the door. I ended up dying stuck in the disposal pipes after climbing into the chute and flushing myself out of desperation.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ruzihm posted:

the last time I tried mining I got irradiated, hulked out of my suit, and was rendered unintelligible. I wound up back inside mining with no id, no suit, and unable to ask AI or anyone to open the door. I ended up dying stuck in the disposal pipes after climbing into the chute and flushing myself out of desperation.

Imagine clearing THAT clog a few days later.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Zoig posted:

Ruzihm posted:

Two successful mining rounds.

(Hint: avoid the cerenkite, plasmastone, and koshmarite ores until you fab some industrial space armor. Also ask Medical/Cargo for some toxins first aid kits before you start mining.)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rndmnmbr posted:

Two successful mining rounds.

(Hint: avoid the cerenkite, plasmastone, and koshmarite ores until you fab some industrial space armor. Also ask Medical/Cargo for some toxins first aid kits before you start mining.)

You can also have cargo fab you a Medibot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mutadone too!