Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

New Wave Jose posted:

What's an easy way to make credits? I have a lot of crap that I can forge but no credits right now.

The Index, an activity on Neptune. Play the tier 1 version for some initial money and then grind tier 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

The Index, an activity on Neptune. Play the tier 1 version for some initial money and then grind tier 2.

If you can't get there yet, do the defence mission on Ceres. This also works if you're too low on funds to get in the Index in the first place.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sell all your Harrow Chassis bps

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
We don’t have the Ignis Wraith BP on switch right? Need to wait for baro to stock it?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
That’s actually a really good question!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Optikalusion posted:

We don’t have the Ignis Wraith BP on switch right? Need to wait for baro to stock it?

Yup. He had it a couple months ago last.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Speaking of Ignis Wraith, does anyone in the PS4 alliance have access to a BP? I just hit MR9 and Definitely the Corpus doesn’t have it in the lab.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Lljk doesn't have it either

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

If you can't get there yet, do the defence mission on Ceres. This also works if you're too low on funds to get in the Index in the first place.

Yeah I did that last night. Thanks for the tip

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Thranguy posted:

Lljk doesn't have it either

So then if the game doesn’t have an auction house, is the best way to buy the BP to hang out in trade chat? Feel like I haven’t done that since the days of the original Everquest.

Unrelated: is there a better way to farm Barrel Diffusion than doing invasions and hoping the Grustrag Three spawn?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Met posted:

Unrelated: is there a better way to farm Barrel Diffusion than doing invasions and hoping the Grustrag Three spawn?

You make the G3 mark you for assassination by doing invasions against the Grineer. They can show up in any Grineer mission once you have the mark, not just invasions. Check the wiki for when they show up in the mission.

Others in the clan may already have dups as it's not a rare drop, so check first.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a couple of Barrel Diffusions on PS4 if someone needs one.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mr. Met posted:

So then if the game doesn’t have an auction house, is the best way to buy the BP to hang out in trade chat? Feel like I haven’t done that since the days of the original Everquest.

https://ps4.warframe.market

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Thanks everyone! I didn’t mind farming Split Chamber, Hunter Munitions, Vigilante Armaments and stuff like that where you can keep replaying a decently fun mission with an okay drop chance, but this seems much worse, so it’d be nice to pick somebody’s spare.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Is it cool to ask for an invite to the PS4 clan for another person? I recently got a friend who used to be a goon into the game and thought I'd ask. No problem if it is an issue, I can understand wanting to limit it to just active site members.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
IDGAF but maybe Janana has opinions, there’s usually someone that hasn’t logged in over 30 days tht can be given the nasty boot

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you hang out in trade chat long enough eventually someone will offer an Ignis Wraith BP for free. Just stick a filter for it on the chat. If you buy something else from someone you can always casually ask for a BP and people have been known to throw one in. Worst case people offer them for 1p.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Cool, thank you so much. If you wouldn't mind sending him an invite, his PSN is Fuzz-face86.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is there like a custom goon chat channel or could I add my clan to the alliance? I only ask because I primarily play with my wife who has PTSD and fibromyalgia, both of which make her extremely forgetful and unfocused and not great at the game in general and she's really self conscious about it. I'm not super concerned about research bps or anything. I have a basic dojo with all the labs and a handful of the recommended weapons done. I can generally carry us through most stuff but we've hit a few nodes that we just can't complete and it'd be nice to reach out for help in those cases. If not, no worries, just wanted to ask. PS4 btw.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Figure I'd ask if I could be tossed an invite to the Switch clan, in-game name's the same. Thanks

pech
Jul 19, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Is there like a custom goon chat channel or could I add my clan to the alliance? I only ask because I primarily play with my wife who has PTSD and fibromyalgia, both of which make her extremely forgetful and unfocused and not great at the game in general and she's really self conscious about it. I'm not super concerned about research bps or anything. I have a basic dojo with all the labs and a handful of the recommended weapons done. I can generally carry us through most stuff but we've hit a few nodes that we just can't complete and it'd be nice to reach out for help in those cases. If not, no worries, just wanted to ask. PS4 btw.

I can help you guys with some nodes if you’d like. My psn name is MrMoop

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

hamsystem posted:

No channel I know of outside of being in the clan but feel free to add me as a friend and I can help run you through any nodes in the starchart you need help with. PSN should be the same as my SA name.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Aniodia posted:

Figure I'd ask if I could be tossed an invite to the Switch clan, in-game name's the same. Thanks

Better to ask in the discord for Switch, linked in the OP.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Thanks for the help offers, I sent you both friend requests.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

Thanks for the help offers, I sent you both friend requests.

I think we're already friends since I see you on my list of people playing WF, so ask away.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Alright thanks. The node we've specifically been stuck on is the interception before Mot in the void. It is not 2 newish player friendly. Related question: any elemental damage recommendations for Orokin? I think I usually just keep corrosive on since I mostly play Hildryn and can strip shields fine but didn't know if there was something better for all purpose stuff like that.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Thoughts on Baro’s PS4 offerings? I didn’t see anything super exciting; though I’ve heard the twin gremlins are ok.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tempo Royale is a very good stance for heavy blades. That and the twin gremlins are what I would target myself.

E: Though Aksomati are craftable and scratch the same itch as the prisma twin gremlins.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2019

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

v1ld posted:

Tempo Royale is a very good stance for heavy blades. That and the twin gremlins are what I would target myself.

E: Though Aksomati are craftable and scratch the same itch as the prisma twin gremlins.

Yeah, I’m fortunate enough to have Tempo Royale already. And Aksomati too, for that matter. Was wondering if Fanged Fusillade might be useful for a slash-proc weapon for Nekros.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

mentalcontempt posted:

Yeah, I’m fortunate enough to have Tempo Royale already. And Aksomati too, for that matter. Was wondering if Fanged Fusillade might be useful for a slash-proc weapon for Nekros.

Good video on slash and desecrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1kMPcDcW0

So slash procs aren't needed, you just have to kill the enemy with a hit that has slash as the largest damage type and not proc any elementals while doing so.

Fanged Fusillade is more useful for increasing the likelihood of slash over other procs where you usually have slash as the highest damage type already. But you could use it to convert a non-slash priority weapon to one that is I guess. And as you know FF also doesn't increase the size of the bleed ticks themselves, unlike what elemental mods do for their procs.

I like having a copy of every mod but the +IPS% mods aren't strong in a world where Hunter Munitions exists and hybrid crit/hunmun builds tend to have the most slash/bleed tick synergy since bleed ticks do scale with crit damage.

E: Leyzar's videos for HunMun weapon builds can show how much synergy there is between hunmun and +crit chance/damage over a hunmun + viral damage build. Dropping viral and its effective 2x damage for Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds to bump crits gives much higher bleed ticks and much faster kills. Battacor is a good example for this, IIRC.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 3, 2019

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

v1ld posted:

Good video on slash and desecrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV1kMPcDcW0

Great video, thanks for linking.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mentalcontempt posted:

Thoughts on Baro’s PS4 offerings? I didn’t see anything super exciting; though I’ve heard the twin gremlins are ok.

I'm down for a color palette any time Baro wants to bring one.

Bought the palatte, Twin Gremlins, and Prisma Shade. May go back for a rug.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 3, 2019

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

mentalcontempt posted:

I went for the Claw Stance since I'll put it on Garuda.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I bought the color pack since everything else doesn't really seem worth it (I got Tempo already). Should I get Shade?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

v1ld posted:

Tempo is so good, it's worth buying to sell on trade next week.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
So I got a Vulkar riven, +7.3% damage to infested and +8.9% to fire rate, is this a game changer or should I go ahead and sell it and use the plat for more slots. I've cleared the starmap but am nowhere near endgame stuff so I'm not sure this will be useful anytime soon anway.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I’d personally sell it but the wraith version is decent enough and it probably has a high disposition

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got a catchmoon riven. What should I be re-rolling it for?

Edit: Also I got Khora and Garuda, hurray! Was grinding to get Overextended today, I think I am at about 25 runs and still nothing :smith:.

Double Edit: I got a 75% off, should I buy Harrow? I really am not mentally prepared to grind that out.

Triple Edit: Is Harrow actually good on consoles? I suck at getting head shots with a controller.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 5, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
He’s got a definite role in eidolons with his 4’s invuln period. But yeah, otherwise I almost never use him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

hamsystem posted:

I'll throw my name into the hat as well, if you see me on on warframe and need a hand with something or a healer or want to get dragged through keyruns feel free to shoot me a message, I'm relatively new to WF myself as well, progressions wise i'm a bit beyond mot and currently working on starchart clearing/leveling all the things.
PSN: AzMiion