Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
My mom bought a new Pilot when they first came out and even though I was only about 13 I was already too tall to fit in the third row. Surely the Tesla is smaller than the first-gen Pilot, and I’m not even a particularly tall guy now as a fully grown adult.

Those seats in the Tesla will be useless, but nobody ever uses the third row seats in any SUV anyway.

Anyway tag yourself I’m the greasy hair and hand prints that’ll inevitably be on the back glass of any Tesla model y.

berth ell pup has issued a correction as of 13:38 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
i just have such a hard time believing anyone, even someone with elon musk as their boss, would design it as those photographs make it appear.

maybe it's like budget airline seating where you basically have your heels under a few inches of empty space under your seat? the photos look as though you need to be 8 years old and still have to bend your feet 90 degrees just to somehow fit in there.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Where would the LATCH points even be don’t you have to have them for all rear seats?

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

is there a new regulation saying you can only get carbon credits on high occupancy vehicles or something? are the rear seats going to be sold as optional accessories to transform your SUV-Ready hatchback into an SUV?

what the gently caress is this stupid-:elongate:

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

can the third row be backported to the model 3 via firmware update?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

im depressed lol posted:

can the third row be backported to the model 3 via firmware update?

no but the rock 'em sock 'em headrests can

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drgitlin posted:

I’m pretty sure people were gushing over this yesterday or the day before in the AI EV thread :D

That thread is good for that one goon who was a Tesla fanboy, bought a M3, had life happen, and is now being perma-hosed by non existent replacement part to the point he’s getting lawyers involved to get his car fixed.

he still loves the car, though :lol:

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
brb getting tax credits for my Ford Club Wagon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That thread is good for that one goon who was a Tesla fanboy, bought a M3, had life happen, and is now being perma-hosed by non existent replacement part to the point he’s getting lawyers involved to get his car fixed.

Similar to Apple fans, Telsa fans seem to enjoy getting abused by the company just because they think it gives them the right image.

If you see nothing wrong with buying a $2000 laptop in which dust can make the keyboard jam then you are Tesla/Bazinga material.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Please don’t bring noted good company Apple into this mess.

- Posted from my iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bofast posted:

Seems like you might only be able to fit children back there and I don't know if I would want my kids to sit in the sun constantly like that for any extended trips.

seems like you might not want your kids back there because there's no way to get them out in a power out situation short of smashing the window above their heads, but that's just me.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

good grief i go away for one day and its 4 pages of brogrammers touchin dicks

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

that’s me.

As I said, the car itself is fun to drive, although I really like the Volt and want a Polestar2. The company itself is horseshit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

that’s me.

As I said, the car itself is fun to drive, although I really like the Volt and want a Polestar2. The company itself is horseshit.

Didn’t want to namecall but sorry you’re going through that poo poo. It’s really hilarious to see from the outside. I’ve been looking at EVs for close to a year now and I keep going back to the Ioniq. It looks real nice and has pretty much all I’d need and the range is plenty for what I’ll be be using it for.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ratbert90 posted:

that’s me.

I have a T8 in my XC60 and I really like Volvo's electric engine implementation. The Polestar 2 looks awesome!

And holy poo poo I just checked in on the Polestar 1 wow that looks amazing.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! has issued a correction as of 14:56 on May 1, 2019

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ratbert90 posted:

that’s me.

What's the nonexistent part?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

berth ell pup posted:

brb getting tax credits for my Ford Club Wagon

My late FIL loaned me his (was a E250, 15 passenger version) while I needed a vehicle. drat thing was a tank.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nothus posted:

What's the nonexistent part?

A loving fender lmao

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I have a T8 in my XC60 and I really like Volvo's electric engine implementation. The Polestar 2 looks awesome!

And holy poo poo I just checked in on the Polestar 1 wow that looks amazing.

The 2 is going to be my next car. I have had 3 Volvo’s in my life and I have loved them all. my 2011 S40 has close to 300,000 miles on it and still runs strong. Gave it to the daughter a year ago and still no issues. just basic maintenance.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn’t want to namecall but sorry you’re going through that poo poo. It’s really hilarious to see from the outside. I’ve been looking at EVs for close to a year now and I keep going back to the Ioniq. It looks real nice and has pretty much all I’d need and the range is plenty for what I’ll be be using it for.

It is hilarious, don’t worry. If the 3 had been made by a competent car company, it would probably be the best EV ever made for years running. It also wouldn’t have terrible quality issues and bumpers that fall off I. the rain lol.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

ratbert90 posted:

that’s me.

The 3 is indeed a fun car to drive. I would love to try one on track with a proper seat and a better steering wheel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

my 2011 S40 has close to 300,000 miles on it and still runs strong. Gave it to the daughter a year ago and still no issues. just basic maintenance.

My brother has my mom’s old S40 and that car rules

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

drgitlin posted:

The 3 is indeed a fun car to drive. I would love to try one on track with a proper seat and a better steering wheel.

A proper seat and better steering wheel will cause it to burst into flames.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ratbert90 posted:

A loving fender lmao

The 2 is going to be my next car. I have had 3 Volvo’s in my life and I have loved them all. my 2011 S40 has close to 300,000 miles on it and still runs strong. Gave it to the daughter a year ago and still no issues. just basic maintenance.

It is hilarious, don’t worry. If the 3 had been made by a competent car company, it would probably be the best EV ever made for years running. It also wouldn’t have terrible quality issues and bumpers that fall off I. the rain lol.

Holy lol they can't replace basic body parts. That loving sucks man.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drgitlin posted:

you’d only need the good steering and seat for the first half-lap before you pushed the car into limp-home mode anyway.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
sink bitch

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Streak posted:

sink bitch

Replace the bitcoin logo with the Tesla logo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

you’d only need the good steering and seat for the first half-lap before you pushed the car into limp-home mode anyway.

oh no, they changed that. the model 3 has track mode, so you can royally shithouse your battery, etc. for the sake of some fast laps

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nothus posted:

Holy lol they can't replace basic body parts. That loving sucks man.

A windshield took 2.5 months.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

Replace the bitcoin logo with the Tesla logo.

Cmon elon, you gotta pay engadget on time or they publish the tesla crash photos IN FRONT of the horseshit astroturf

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

It seems like long delays on getting windshields replaced was a particularly common story. Did we ever get any details on why they had so much trouble with that?

I mean, yes, I know, it's because they're incompetent. But why windshields in particular?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm p. sure it's also literally every other part that's even possible to replace, and the reason is "lol, logistics?" and also not even making/buying sufficient parts for service inventory because they're scrambling to slam x number of vehicles out the tent door every month and so everything not nailed down gets assembled into something

their spare parts inventory is currently sitting in car form in a thousand parking lots across america

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

infernal machines posted:

i'm p. sure it's also literally every other part that's even possible to replace, and the reason is "lol, logistics?" and also not even making/buying sufficient parts for service inventory because they're scrambling to slam x number of vehicles out the tent door every month and so everything not nailed down gets assembled into something

their spare parts inventory is currently sitting in car form in a thousand parking lots across america

It's almost like they've lit all the brand goodwill they earned with the Model S on fire.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yoshi Wins posted:

It seems like long delays on getting windshields replaced was a particularly common story. Did we ever get any details on why they had so much trouble with that?

I mean, yes, I know, it's because they're incompetent. But why windshields in particular?

There are no OEM or aftermarket spare parts.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

elon "what the gently caress is a supply chain?" musk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Tunicate posted:

not all of them, some of them are putting Nic Cage into every movie.

my god my god we've finally done it

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Yoshi Wins posted:

Much like fenders, it’s a frequently replaced component and Tesla sucks at basically everything after the car is sold. Though the windows are probably made by PPG or Pilkington or someone so you could theoretically cut out the middleman on that, no? Order one through a local auto glass guy and have him install it?

Of course, a bazinga would probably never let anyone but a Tesla Cetified Expert (R) touch their poorly-built car.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It also probably voids what little warranty exists.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It's almost like they've lit all the brand goodwill they earned with the Model S on fire.

A lithium battery fire, none the less.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
holy smokes stock touched 231 today lmfao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's put it like this. Prior to the Model S, most EVs looked weird or were converted cars (Roadster and enthusiast converted cars). It was the first EV that really looked like a "normal car". It also showed the public that, yes, EVs can be fun to drive. The enthusiasts knew this already, but the S was the eye opening one, especially after the stereotype from the Prius. The X was weird, but by and large it was an S chassis with a SUV body on it, and largely the same behind the scenes. Not too much of a change from a tech standpoint, but the rear doors were a dumb idea.

The Model 3 completely pissed all that away. The problem was that the Leaf was getting better and less ugly. The Bolt was fun to drive and looked like a normal hatchback. Other companies, especially in the luxury segment, were now threatening.

So what does Tesla have to do? Rush the Model 3 out. It was barely QA'd, the prototypes barely got any testing outside of ideal environment, and that's not getting into the assembly line woes. The Model S and X should have been used to iron out the assembly line processes. The problem is Elon decided to insert himself into that process, despite knowing nothing.

It's the classic "failed disruption" story. They wanted to show the big boys that no, you're wrong. You CAN do a fully automated car assembly line. You just failed to do it properly back when you tried.

The thing was, Tesla was wrong. All that's left now is those who are deep into the sunk cost fallacy, or those who think "If I support Elon, he'll help me in the future!" Well good luck with that, shitheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hybrids and EVs used to look like that because it was virtue signaling on wheels. People who bought them (early on at least) wanted other people to know that they bought a hybrid/ev and not just another schmuck who bought a sedan