Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He must be rich, me and my reddit friends agree that a... man like that wouldn't have access to that car unless he actually bought it for Bobby Lashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lashley is one of the good ones though

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you, Darkstar?

Nothing? Just saying that Lio claiming that WWE isn't paying him enough to cover travel expenses probably isn't exactly truthful considering he's been caught lying in the past, has a really bad reputation on the indies (to the point of where he burned a lot of bridges), almost got fired several times in WWE (Regal and Lashley saved his job), etc.

I mean Mark Henry called him out in a recent interview because Lio lied to him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Nothing? Just saying that Lio claiming that WWE isn't paying him enough to cover travel expenses probably isn't exactly truthful considering he's been caught lying in the past, has a really bad reputation on the indies (to the point of where he burned a lot of bridges), almost got fired several times in WWE (Regal and Lashley saved his job), etc.

I mean Mark Henry called him out in a recent interview because Lio lied to him.

Your original source here is a kayfabe rental car in a tweet

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah, Lio's complaint about WWE not paying him enough for travel expenses may have fallen apart with a tweet like this:

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/1054075309551730689

In case he remembers he tweeted this and deletes it, it was a tweet bragging about renting out luxury cars for show loops.

Lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rovert I'm sorry for saying you were really bad at defending WWE, you never ever went this low

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Your original source here is a kayfabe rental car in a tweet

Yeah, and it also ties into what Mark Henry has hinted at in his Busted Open interview where he heavily implies that Lio is not responsible with his money. And it also ties into the Fightful report that Lio is angling for a reality show, probably to make more money. The rental car is being used as an example of him not being responsible with his money. He could use an economy level car like most talents, but instead opts to go for the designer/high end stuff.

I am not defending WWE. They should pay travel expenses, offer insurance, etc. But people are way too quick to blame WWE for every single bad thing as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 2, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, and it also ties into what Mark Henry has hinted at in his Busted Open interview where he heavily implies that Lio is not responsible with his money. And it also ties into the Fightful report that Lio is angling for a reality show, probably to make more money.

Wow maybe this company that underpays wrestlers should stop underpaying wrestlers.

But I'm sure it's the rental car.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

But people are way too quick to blame WWE

Nope

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

local police departments receive hundreds of calls when WWE pulls one of its trademark stunts and every single one of them is darkstarIV

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

But people are way too quick to blame WWE for every single bad thing as well.

there might be a reason for this

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
E: ^^^:argh:

DarkstarIV posted:

But people are way too quick to blame WWE for every single bad thing as well.

Gosh it's almost as if there's a reason for that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, and it also ties into what Mark Henry has hinted at in his Busted Open interview where he heavily implies that Lio is not responsible with his money. And it also ties into the Fightful report that Lio is angling for a reality show, probably to make more money. The rental car is being used as an example of him not being responsible with his money. He could use an economy level car like most talents, but instead opts to go for the designer/high end stuff.

I am not defending WWE. They should pay travel expenses, offer insurance, etc. But people are way too quick to blame WWE for every single bad thing as well.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 2, 2019

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Just imagine defending WWE in this day and age. Oh no, Lio Rush has besmirched their honor. Won't someone stand up for the poor WWE and its vaults full of Saudi blood money.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWE: Proven evil company that accepts literal blood money and does everything possible to gently caress over it's talent.

Darkstar, Angry Grimace: Now don't be hasty, perhaps we should give WWE the benefit of the doubt!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think Lio is losing all of his money on travel and is probably exaggerating for sympathy. I do think Lio is spending a significant amount of his money on travel because that's standard WWE operating procedure. Trying to paint it as him not being responsible enough with his money on his work mandated business trips is a really bad idea.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't think Lio is losing all of his money on travel and is probably exaggerating for sympathy. I do think Lio is spending a significant amount of his money on travel because that's standard WWE operating procedure. Trying to paint it as him not being responsible enough with his money on his work mandated business trips is a really bad idea.

maybe he should be fiscally responsible and sleep in his car and not buy that coffee

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
remember when baron corbin posed in front of someone else's masarati or something for a "heh, marks" post

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
WWE has nobody but itself to blame when it comes to it's horrible perception among fans. Maybe of you were a billion dollar company you could do some thinking as to why you keep loosing fans and everyone seems to hate you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

I understand what you're trying to say here, dude. But WWE doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. We know enough about how they treat their talent that the concept of Lio Rush still being on his developmental contract and not getting money for merch he should be getting money for isn't so difficult to believe that you need to poke a bunch of holes in it. Lio Rush might be a prick, but there's nothing unreasonable about what he's saying. Other talent, including talent you probably like, is probably being abused just as badly and the fact that Lio Rush is outspoken and opinionated is probably the only reason we're hearing about it.

Also that rental car is probably a lot less expensive than you think it is.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
two guys who are on international live television every week are paying out of pocket for travel expenses and are splitting a mustang rental for the week

i dunno, just doesn't seem too grandiose to me. i guess they could've gotten a kia and chewed on coffee grounds that a kindly diner waitress let them have.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's very likely both. WWE bad, Lio dumb.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

It's very likely both. WWE bad, Lio dumb.

false equivalence

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
You guys are going to kill me for being vague but what else is new? But I was told what are likely the next cards WWE and Lio Rush will play next. WWE is going to come off as truly awful and complete bullies. While Lio has lots of racial/racist incidents to cite. It is going to get really nasty unless cooler heads prevail.

fart blood posted:

I wouldn't put it past management telling him to "live the gimmick", then not giving him the resources to do it after the fact.

I've seen people online say "well actually Lio must be paid well as he wears designer clothes".

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

WWE is going to come off as truly awful and complete bullies.

rovert posted:

but what else is new?

:v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

It is going to get really nasty unless cooler heads prevail.

Yeah but who will carry them?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but who will carry them?

the Big Dog

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I understand what you're trying to say here, dude. But WWE doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. We know enough about how they treat their talent that the concept of Lio Rush still being on his developmental contract and not getting money for merch he should be getting money for isn't so difficult to believe that you need to poke a bunch of holes in it. Lio Rush might be a prick, but there's nothing unreasonable about what he's saying. Other talent, including talent you probably like, is probably being abused just as badly and the fact that Lio Rush is outspoken and opinionated is probably the only reason we're hearing about it.

Also that rental car is probably a lot less expensive than you think it is.

Thank you. I'm just using the car as an example. And yeah, its not terribly expensive (or it shouldn't be considering how much WWE performers should be paid), but considering how they are on the road 5 days a week, I did the math real quick for a hypothetical RAW house show tour loop in the NY area. The type of car that Lio wanted/supposedly rented is $324.99 a day (+$3 per mile driven), or $1558 for a 5 day rental period. A basic economy car rental is around $69.79 a day, or roughly $374 for the week. I used Enterprise for the price point here.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Thank you. I'm just using the car as an example. And yeah, its not terribly expensive (or it shouldn't be considering how much WWE performers should be paid), but considering how they are on the road 5 days a week, I did the math real quick for a hypothetical RAW house show tour loop in the NY area. The type of car that Lio wanted/supposedly rented is $324.99 a day (+$3 per mile driven), or $1558 for a 5 day rental period. A basic economy car rental is around $69.79 a day, or roughly $374 for the week. I used Enterprise for the price point here.

Please gently caress off with this poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
and riding a bike is free! drat entitled blacks millennials

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

now work out how much he wasted on avocado toast

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'd be saying the same thing if someone who was Caucasian was doing what Lio was doing. It has nothing to do with race. :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1) it's probably staged entirely for the gimmick
- 1a) If Lashley even did really drive that car, he probably paid for it
2) Regular customers which WWE talent surely are for rentals get perks like upgrades
3) A guy with an rear end as big as Lashley's isn't normally going economy

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

You guys are going to kill me for being vague but what else is new? But I was told what are likely the next cards WWE and Lio Rush will play next. WWE is going to come off as truly awful and complete bullies. While Lio has lots of racial/racist incidents to cite. It is going to get really nasty unless cooler heads prevail.

I've seen people online say "well actually Lio must be paid well as he wears designer clothes".

This isn't actually vague though! You gave us enough details to know what's coming next without revealing the whole story.

Anyway, about the travel expenses, I'll say at least Lio Rush is small enough to rent economy cars and sit in regular coach. I can't imagine what some of these giants have to pay just to travel without intense back and neck pain.

I'm also fairly certain Vince only ever called Lio up because he thought it was funny how big Finn looked next to him.

Also, gently caress WWE.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

what in the gently caress is with new york that bay area mustangs are 1/3 the rate to rent

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

You should be ashamed of yourself dude

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Anyway, about the travel expenses, I'll say at least Lio Rush is small enough to rent economy cars and sit in regular coach. I can't imagine what some of these giants have to pay just to travel without intense back and neck pain.

It seems like usually most of them go 2-4 splitting a big rear end SUV.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

who gives a poo poo what he spends pay him more

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

None of this dumb math explains why he should be paying for the car in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Pointing at Bobby Lashley's rear end is easily worth five hundred thousand dollars maybe even a million I mean have you SEEN that rear end?