Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

unless its from before 2012

Yeah this was 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol do you really think the only thing that comes with a 64-bit binary is More Bits?

yes, please tell me the advantages of 64-bit nvalt

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

I was at my wife's friends house and while we were there she asked me why she can't get stuff off of her iPhone so I asked her to show me what she means

She brought me to her iMac and plugged in her phone. It opened up iTunes which said iTunes had to be updated to continue. When it brought you to apple's iTunes page, it said the computer was too old to accept the upgrade.

I tried for over 30 minutes and there absolutely was no way to get anything off her phone onto her iMac. Yeah it was a fairly old iMac but it ran things just fine and used to have zero issue with her doing that. I honestly don't know how anybody puts up with bullshit like that.

It Just Works™

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just jailbreak the phone and use scp duh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Microsoft themselves probably have to in their agreement with the codec creator.

I was at my wife's friends house and while we were there she asked me why she can't get stuff off of her iPhone so I asked her to show me what she means

She brought me to her iMac and plugged in her phone. It opened up iTunes which said iTunes had to be updated to continue. When it brought you to apple's iTunes page, it said the computer was too old to accept the upgrade.

I tried for over 30 minutes and there absolutely was no way to get anything off her phone onto her iMac. Yeah it was a fairly old iMac but it ran things just fine and used to have zero issue with her doing that. I honestly don't know how anybody puts up with bullshit like that.

you cant get anything off an iphone anyway. if she actually had gotten itunes to run it would have just deleted everything on the phone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

lol do you really think the only thing that comes with a 64-bit binary is More Bits?

literally the only thing possible

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

you cant get anything off an iphone anyway. if she actually had gotten itunes to run it would have just deleted everything on the phone

lol oh yeah I remember my iPad doing that to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you just have to email every single file off one at a time it’s not a problem

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*buys a brand new blender*

*owns a house built in late 1700s which has no power*

“why won’t this work”

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

meanwhile iTunes works just fine on my ~2011 thinkpad.

of course it is still a dumpster fire, but it is fully functional dumpster fire.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

*buys a brand new blender*

*owns a house built in late 1700s which has no power*

“why won’t this work”

weren't you the one crying about being told an apple laptop from 2007 was functionally unusable?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the planet is dying but at least this laptop is a pound lighter than the one from 8 years ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

r u ready to WALK posted:

Every time I try to be nostalgic with a CRT screen it ends up giving me a headache with that infernal 15khz flyback transformer whine, I wish I could get rid of it :(

i had one but lacked the adc connection on my old g3 and didnt want to buy an obscenely pricey adapter. i ended up using the electron gun case for a small project case and scrapping the rest :sigh:. in my defense, i had no way of knowing if it even worked since it was in a recycle pile with a bunch of other old college lab equipment like g3 pizza boxes (that did work and someone even xpostfacto put 10.3 on it)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

weren't you the one crying about being told an apple laptop from 2007 was functionally unusable?

nice way to not be able to tell a "joke"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

r u ready to WALK posted:

Every time I try to be nostalgic with a CRT screen it ends up giving me a headache with that infernal 15khz flyback transformer whine, I wish I could get rid of it :(

I have this with my MAME cabinet but ONLY if the back door of the cabinet is removed. Maybe you can get some sort of wooden enclosure that can help?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

brap posted:

the planet is dying but at least this laptop is a pound lighter than the one from 8 years ago

love to make children work in lithium mines to feed my conspicuous consumption

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

love to make children work in lithium mines to feed my conspicuous consumption

you have it all backwards

the lithium is mined by machines in industrialized nations by heavily subsidized companies, shipped to china and then used by children to assemble stuff

small hands make better phones, do you know?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lithium isnt mined

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
it's just sort of born there!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

you have it all backwards

the lithium is mined by machines in industrialized nations by heavily subsidized companies, shipped to china and then used by children to assemble stuff

small hands make better phones, do you know?

quote:

As of 2015, most of the world's lithium production is in South America,

FMguru posted:

lithium isnt mined

quote:

where lithium-containing brine is extracted from underground pools

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

well gently caress

now what will I do with all my lithium mining paraphernalia

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My pharmacist just hands me lithium whenever I ask

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

nice way to not be able to tell a "joke"

oh, jokes are supposed to be funny mate

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
When did the 11” MBA finally die off?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Schadenboner posted:

When did the 11” MBA finally die off?

somewhere between the introduction of the MacBook no fans edition and now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

an entire mountain of terrible decisions

- signed, selfsame

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
so whats the point of the microsoft browser. whats the exclusive feature

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

native integration with all your favourite microsoft online services, like bing, and office 365!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

oh, jokes are supposed to be funny mate

well i don’t see anyone laughing at you

My pharmacist just hands me lithium whenever I ask

can you get high on lithium? asking for
a friend

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

a friend

depends, is serotonin syndrome a high?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

echinopsis posted:

well i don’t see anyone laughing at you

a friend

there might be benefits to having more lithium inside of you

but you probably need therapy and legitimate coping skills instead of shuffling from chemical crutch to chemical crutch

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

El_Elegante posted:

but you probably need therapy and legitimate coping skills instead of shuffling from chemical crutch to chemical crutch
*drains highball glass* im sorry, i didnt catch that. you were saying something?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

poty posted:

the point of internet explorer 11 is to live for as long as is possible to support sharepoint in enterprises

it'll outlive us all

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the irony being ie11 loving chugs at rendering sharepoint these days

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

echinopsis posted:

a friend

its a mood stabilizer so no, in fact it would prevent you from both highs and lows

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

poty posted:

well, the point is that it is preinstalled chrome not from a notorious advertising tracking company (microsoft not innocent there, but a browser from google is only a small step up from running a browser made by facebook really), but that's the argument for people on windows. the argument to have it on osx is that it is good for sync and such for the people who started off on windows.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes, some people feel high on lithium. psychoactive drugs rarely have the exact same effect from one person to the next. it's part of why psychiatry is so hard.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

yes, some people feel high on lithium. psychoactive drugs rarely have the exact same effect from one person to the next. it's part of why psychiatry is so hard.
im high on life, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

FMguru posted:

im high on life, op

I'm huffing jenkum