Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

Welp, Goodbye Jim. Being Accused is the same as a signed confession in alot of peoples eyes.

Normally I'd agree you should not immediately take an ex-spouse's word for it, but if you read the article there's a pretty well-documented history of hosed up incidents.

I've never heard of this guy but in general you should assume that all celebrities or notable people are awful in some way, kill you are idols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Welp, Goodbye Jim. Being Accused is the same as a signed confession in alot of peoples eyes.

Statements like this are also a signed confession in a lot of people's eyes.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

oh no :(

jim, why?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Minsc noooo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Stuff like this sounds really bad:

quote:

Stephanie says she and Jim had purchased a dog and the animal urinated in the house. As a result, Stephanie says Jim “took the dog and placed it inside a metal bucket outside of the house on a day which it was over 100 degrees, then left it there for a long time,” adding, “The dog came close to dying.”

In response to the animal abuse allegations, Jim admitted to the incident, but says, “There was an incident where I put a ‘tub’ (not a metal bucket) over a dog to isolate it briefly as a form of discipline to its behavior at our vet’s suggestion, and unfortunately I forgot the dog was there for a while, but then of course I released it.”

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

in general you should assume that all celebrities or notable people are awful in some way

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Stuff like this sounds really bad:

Yeah, like I can understand hesitation because divorce does cause a whole lot of nasty back and forth, but the thing that stands out most to me is that he denies VERY little of this, just goes "No actually it wasn't that bad, I only tortured an animal by accident."

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Well, he’ll be at Megacon in Orlando in a couple weeks signing autographs and mugging it up for fans, so this is your chance to say something to him about it personally

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Okay well, I didn't actually read the article. who actually reads things in the YOOL 2019?

Like....Jesus man. I try and hold onto the whole"Innocent until proven guilty" thing, but ...are you even trying to defend yourself against these allegations?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is also really bad:

quote:

In 2015, she claims Jim showed up to her home and confronted her while on a date with an off-duty police officer, and the man was forced to pull his gun to make Jim leave the scene.

Is it possible for Stephanie and her boyfriend to lie about his? Yes, but it’s a high‐stakes lie for questionable gain.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
eh, ACAB

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

If the accused has the motivation, time, and money to really stick it to a person, making a claim like that in a court filing is potentially dangerous so that it's being claimed, I'll give it a little more credence. Not saying that I'm going to accept it as gospel, but that he or his lawyer doesn't give a boilerplate "this is incorrect and we look forward to proving it in court" and instead tries to minimize without denying, well that's not a good sign.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Phlegmish posted:

Normally I'd agree you should not immediately take an ex-spouse's word for it, but if you read the article there's a pretty well-documented history of hosed up incidents.

I've never heard of this guy but in general you should assume that all celebrities or notable people are awful in some way, kill you are idols

Even if you've never heard of him, odds are that you've heard him. He was prolific as a voice actor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The real interesting thing to watch will be if Disney severs or if they circle the wagons around him. He is considered a legend to that company but times are different.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6988603/The-real-life-Jaws-Incredible-photo-great-white-shark-mirrors-famous-poster-movie.html

Doo doo doo doo doo doo

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Cartoon Man posted:

The real interesting thing to watch will be if Disney severs or if they circle the wagons around him. He is considered a legend to that company but times are different.

If they keep this guy they should just like, give James Gunn all the money they make from Endgame too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

God Emperor of Dick

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No this is Frank Herbert.
Philip K. Dick had nothing to do with it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

By popular demand posted:

No this is Frank Herbert.
Philip K. Dick had nothing to do with it.

I feel like this Phillip K. Dick probably tried to report Frank Herbert to the FBI for suspected Communist sympathies.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

The new Mara in SMT:V looks awful.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

d3lness posted:

The new Mara in SMT:V looks awful.

Gotta clean up the dick chariots before the Olympics.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Azathoth posted:

I feel like this Phillip K. Dick probably tried to report Frank Herbert to the FBI for suspected Communist sympathies.

Herbert's space communists were overweight to the point that they needed antigravity clothing so they could walk, were covered in sores, and were child molesters. Dune is basically Rambo III in sci fi clothes.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Herbert's space communists were overweight to the point that they needed antigravity clothing so they could walk, were covered in sores, and were child molesters. Dune is basically Rambo III in sci fi clothes.

Fair point.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/10/penis-extensions-dont-work-study-finds

:flaccid:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dune's actually based on an amusingly similar scenario but not Communist Russia; I read an article a while back that Dune takes heavy inspiration from a nonfiction book about Caucasus people fighting back against I think Tsarist Russian imperialism. Paul is basically a mix of the Prophet Mohammed and Lawrence of Arabia, also a take on the Mule from the Foundation books.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Makes these deaths even more sad.
https://www.menshealth.com/uk/sex/a757935/a-man-has-died-from-penis-enlargement-surgery/

quote:

However, before the operation wrapped, the patient's heart began racing, causing his oxygen levels and blood pressure to plummet — causing a severe heart attack and then, gravely, his death. This was according to the Journal of Forensic Sciences — which also went onto detail how the man died from a 'fat embolism', a dysfunction that occurs when fat loosens, passes into a patient's bloodstream and ruptures blood vessels causing heart failure.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Mobility scooter freeway ride: Man caught on dashcam 'happily' riding in 100km/h traffic

quote:

Bruce, the motorist whose dashcam captured the event, can be heard telling the man to pull over, as afternoon traffic wizzes past.

“Move over mate. You’re on the freeway. You’re not supposed to be on the freeway,” Bruce is heard shouting.

The elderly man, who was travelling at about 15/km/h, yells “get f***ed” in response.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Fair.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah I don't see how you could argue with that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

When he's right, he's right.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is the story of a man — a man fighting for his right to tell the world that he eats rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blessed

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
A true hero fighting against an unjust system.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/teddyeugene/status/1127575757713223680?s=19

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What South African chooses that over Nando's ?!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/05/power-to-the-people-dc-residents-could-soon-issue-tickets/

Play this while you read the article:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUjM1uVW48

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

:getin:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

This is great. It'll free up law enforcement to assault more minorities! For real though, how have large agencies not realized this is a terrible idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Uber driver found to be war criminal