Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That was actually how the taxes/budget of ancient Athens was set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I like how you can tell that Ramirez lazily copied over the "the" from another toon

Ouch!

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh cool so Palestine gets to be a nation now.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ben Garrison posted:

For far too long China has taken advantage of the west when it comes to trade.

Our recent presidents have consistently caved in to them—especially the Clintons who likely gave the Chinese whatever they wanted in exchange for campaign donations. Yes, it’s still yet another Clinton scandal that should have been investigated.

H.W. Bush said by opening up trade with China, our relations with them would become friendlier. He was China’s useful idiot. Instead of becoming our friend, bad trade deals only made China a wealthier enemy. They still consider us an archenemy. Bush did nothing after the Tiananmen Square massacre. We know what China has done to Tibet and foreign corporations or even stealing foreign products and processes. That includes stealing military technology–that is, when the Clintons weren’t handing it over to them outright. They’ve manipulated their currency to give them a constant advantage.

China has been around for over 5,000 years and they’ve learned to take a long-range view of things. They are very patient with their strategy, which of course is world domination. I once heard a translation of President Xi’s comments when he visited America early in Trump’s presidency. Xi flatly stated that he was an atheist. That means he worships himself. He recently proved that by ordering his subjects to love and worship him. He’s becoming the new Mao and like that dictator, Xi’s delusional religion is his own relentless expansion of power. He probably grew accustomed to world leaders applauding China’s habit of ripping them off.

President Trump wants to end the rip offs. Such a push back against China has been long overdue.

—Ben Garrison

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i love cspam

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I hate finding out the answers to my questions too, drunky duck! (we all know he just wanted to use this retail interaction as an excuse to sexually harass the worker while she has to play nice, real gross tinsley)

How are people still doing "SOME GIZMO" takes about smartphones in 2019?

e: vvv rude, people are enjoying the thread, :frogout:

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 07:24 on May 9, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

C-SPAM was better off without a political cartoons thread

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
newspaper comics are read by senior citizens, but not just any senior citizen; the senior citizen so pissed off by their frail, aging body and the knowledge that death is soon approaching that they become bitter towards the youth and disdainful towards anything they enjoy, regardless of how ubiquitous it is or the fact that they themselves make use of it. it's pure pandering to that market, so when newspapers go "hey let's cut our comics down a bit since we've got no money to pay syndicates" they don't cut their comic.

countdown to when biden says something about kids and their drat phones

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The duck wants to gently caress

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Please Mr. Garrison, tell us more about xenophobia :allears:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

C-SPAM was better off without a political cartoons thread

counterpoint:

(you're probably not wrong)

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WampaLord posted:

I like how you can tell that Ramirez lazily copied over the "the" from another toon

ramirez spends 12 hours a day crosshatching so he has to save time where he can

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this one only has a little boobs but i made it tiny just in case i like how muir just dropped the facebook thing apparently incapable of thinking up a rejoinder to his own strawman

what is that thing behind her head and why is there poo poo at dnc headquarters

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

because poop is funny???

I think it's a floppy sunhat and Muir can't draw

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
All this DbD and no one's even posted KNOCK OUT MY ROOSEVELTS yet :colbert:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
idk

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:worship: all glory to the cum pass :worship:

lmao owned, Nancy Pelosi retire binch

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:itwaspoo:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The entire White House is now a small poo poo, in politoons canon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

loquacius posted:

The entire White House is now a small poo poo, in politoons canon

The shite house

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Guy TT posted:

this one only has a little boobs but i made it tiny just in case i like how muir just dropped the facebook thing apparently incapable of thinking up a rejoinder to his own strawman

what is that thing behind her head and why is there poo poo at dnc headquarters

Every time this dude draws naked women I'm reminded of the opening scene from Werner Herzog's Nosferatu.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hell yeah can't wait to eat my hot dog neighbor.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This one bugs me for a reason I'm having trouble putting my finger on. I think it's the sheer scale of totally unexamined conventional political "wisdom" on display here. Economy up, therefore opposition party has no chance, everyone nods sagely. Based on what? Why? What cultural context? Etc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

This one bugs me for a reason I'm having trouble putting my finger on. I think it's the sheer scale of totally unexamined conventional political "wisdom" on display here. Economy up, therefore opposition party has no chance, everyone nods sagely. Based on what? Why? What cultural context? Etc

"The economy is good/bad" is so vague a statement that a party's propagandists can just sort of say it and it becomes The Truth

even if you illustrate it using an arrow going up (v scientific)

A lot of these same people were drawing happy up arrows during Bush's second term and abusing the gently caress out of the meaningless phrase "worst recovery in history" during both Obama terms

And yeah McKee definitely enjoyed drawing a donkey's grisly murder by Trump's Economy a liiiiittle too much

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

AGC

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

AGC

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

goddamn i wish buttigeig was this cool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the founding fathers were contemporaries of Jackson for gently caress's sake

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

"economy good" used to mean a lot of additional knock-on effects for workers, but over time those have been stripped away by the ruthless advance of capital demanding more and more for less and less, but the overall rhetoric has ossified because to the people who make these cartoons the world hasn't materially changed since the 70s

now "economy good" doesn't really mean jack poo poo for actual workers, it just means "number go up" and workers don't see any benefit so it isn't a real indicator anymore, but people will continue to insist it is long after its usefulness has passed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

goddamn i wish buttigeig was this cool

or at least really looked like a Looney Toons character

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on new calls for Theresa May to resign – Theresa May has no intention of setting out a fresh timetable for her departure, Downing Street has signalled, with a spokesman insisting she is determined to “get Brexit done”" also Theresa May: I can make a Liverpool-style comeback in Europe

Telegraph:
(this one was breaking tables, had to timg)

Matt:

Independent:

Mike Pompeo urges Tories to ask: 'What would Thatcher do?'

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... unveiling the new royal baby

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I must've missed the royal marriage to Lucy Liu

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

reminder that most of these people were still alive when andrew jackson responded to supreme court rulings with lol suck my balls

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This Rall says that focusing on the Mueller report is dumb, so of course the libs hate it and start saying "ah, those Russian checks still clearing, eh comrade?"

Even though it's 100% right.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
rall is so odorous i almost became a mccarythist liberal for a second there

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Do we have :killing: but "eating" instead of "killing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007