Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/l7NfWuc.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pregnant giant female cyborg Michael Jackson is exactly my fetish

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Today I learned that the umbilical cord attaches externally to the mother's breasts.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That's leaked footage from Death Stranding.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Also just noticed that baby is like as big as a 10 year old.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am not a microbiologist, but as far as I understand the reason that there is no cure for "the common cold", is that there is no singular cold virus, instead a million or three different viruses that have as their symptoms minor sore throats and the sniffles. So without extensive testing there is no way to know which specific one you have. So the best option is to just treat the symptoms and let it blow over, as the viruses/bacteria are no longer life threatening.

Yep, and colds are not a big enough fatal deal (maybe anymore) to devote $ to curing (as apposed to all the $ that can be got by treating symptoms). Also, who knows when you're a GP, might be allergies (more $ to treat symptoms). Probably not bacteria, sans fever (gah, through some antibiotics at it anyway!). Might be cancer though (more $ to treat symptoms).

But all that also makes cold rhinoviruses maybe the most successful: they "live" under the radar. Kinda like corn. :}

Yeah, that's gonna need some CDC attention.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Where's that even from, a music video? It's bizarre in a way where it seems the entire purpose was to be bizarre

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

There's more than one of them :magical:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

Where's that even from, a music video? It's bizarre in a way where it seems the entire purpose was to be bizarre

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Phlegmish posted:

Pregnant giant female cyborg Michael Jackson is exactly my fetish

I thought you were just making a glib observation at first but it's says "Bubbles Relaxation Station" right there in the background. It really is meant to be a giant Michael Jackson fembot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uh, yeah obviously.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The thing that bothers me most about this is that Mikebot has turned-out feet when it walks.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Puppy Time posted:

The thing that bothers me most about this is that Mikebot has turned-out feet when it walks.

You mean it's not the softness of the left shoe compared to the right? Look at the way it sinks when the bot takes a step.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1124002721655414784

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1068285577823309824

I loving love this twitter page.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Library of Congress website is like a treasure hunt for creeps

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:siren: Not Sadness Safe: :siren: link <-- involves children

Image of: antique wet specimen of the throat and lungs of a 6 month old who choked on a marble and died.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Minty posted:

Thank you for bringing this up again, fellow pedant. There is a reason I chose the word outdoor and not outside. Namaste.

Winklebottom posted:

Oh hey, this is from the Viking open air museum in Lejre, scared the poo poo out of me when I was on a field trip back when I was 8 or 9.
Responding late but . . . nithing poles! I found about these a few years ago when I was writing a paper on runic writing and magic for a class. They're mentioned in a couple of sagas as well. The name translate roughly as "scorn-pole" and they would be carved with curses and insults directed at someone who had behaved unacceptably- like trying to poison a guest or refusing to come to a duel. Apparently some people do it from time to time in Iceland. Wikipedia informs me that "Improvised nithing poles with dried cod heads were used during the April 4, 2016 demonstration against Sigmundur Daviđ Gunnlaugsson." That happened after I wrote the paper though.

eta: I did a class presentation on the paper topic. Did not use any photos of nithing poles. They are upsetting.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 04:32 on May 17, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Pick posted:

:siren: Not Sadness Safe: :siren: link <-- involves children

Image of: antique wet specimen of the throat and lungs of a 6 month old who choked on a marble and died.

They’re... so small. :smith:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Ariong posted:

They’re... so small. :smith:

It's as sad as that one skull picture where you see the rows of teeth in the jawbone, then you realize it's a child's skull where they never got thier adult teeth in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/6AbF476.gifv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Should speed up the video at the end so it looks like something is yanking him down there lol.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

trickybiscuits posted:

Responding late but . . . nithing poles! I found about these a few years ago when I was writing a paper on runic writing and magic for a class. They're mentioned in a couple of sagas as well. The name translate roughly as "scorn-pole" and they would be carved with curses and insults directed at someone who had behaved unacceptably- like trying to poison a guest or refusing to come to a duel. Apparently some people do it from time to time in Iceland. Wikipedia informs me that "Improvised nithing poles with dried cod heads were used during the April 4, 2016 demonstration against Sigmundur Davið Gunnlaugsson." That happened after I wrote the paper though.

eta: I did a class presentation on the paper topic. Did not use any photos of nithing poles. They are upsetting.

I've seen a couple in person during protests. Considered putting one up on a few occasions but I've had trouble sourcing horse heads.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Man, I need to lose some weight.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

You know, I never thought of myself as claustrophobic but oh holy crap no

Noooooooooo :aaaaa:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

OutOfPrint posted:

Man, I need to lose some weight.

Makes me want to gain weight, just to make sure that can never happen to me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mysterious frankie posted:

Just means mean it happens you get stuck faster.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mysterious frankie posted:

Get swole, avoid holes

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

friends.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3X4ZMFgr4

welcome to our dimension party

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyperdontia in a Great Dane

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Randaconda posted:

Hyperdontia

that's a good word to google image search, i would recommend

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HYPER DONT.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Miss posted:

that's a good word to google image search, i would recommend

My younger brother had a few extra teeth that had to be removed, but only four, not loving twenty-one.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

IA! IA!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Randaconda posted:

Hyperdontia in a Great Dane

Say AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There was this kid I knew in high school that had that and everyone called him Sharkbite Shawn.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I get the shark bite part but Shawn confuses me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

where is this from? why is he doing that?? isn't he going to be showered in woodlice and spiders???