Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Soulex posted:

Pizza without cheese. Did this same thing last week

at what point does pizza become flatbread

My gf is finding out she’s pretty drat lactose intolerant. Does make things difficult. No meat is one thing, but drat. If eggs were out then I’d definitely bounce

Hegel Exercises posted:

do you have onions/cilantro? You can do like traditional style.

Not much I wouldn’t throw those two in with

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://lifehacker.com/the-best-cheeses-to-eat-if-youre-lactose-intolerant-1563386663

Low lactose cheeses

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You know that proper tacos rarely have cheese, right?

I can make you a chicken taco that will have you believe in a higher power with nothing more than some spices, a single green chili and some chicken thighs on two warmed up (ever so slightly toasted) corn tortillas with onion, cilantro, and a splash of lime juice on top.

Cheese on tacos is a fast food thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m kind of sick of street tacos. Give me those hard shelled cheesed up bad boys instead.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Thwomp posted:

Yo, if you haven’t watched the first episode of the Chernobyl miniseries that began this week on HBO, you are missing out.

Holy. gently caress.

It's incredible, my only annoyance is that it's in English which IMO takes away a bit from it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fallom posted:

I’m kind of sick of street tacos. Give me those hard shelled cheesed up bad boys instead.

sounds like a good opportunity to eat some Taco Bell.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The tacos I make are not fit for consumption by anybody but me, after a long week of bullshit. I discovered the recipe many years ago when I was obscenely poor and are incredibly unhealthy, they're drunk food for sober moments. I call them Terrible Tacos. I didn't serve them to my ex until after we had gotten engaged because other people find them that terrible. I have since upgraded the ingredients as I no longer need to hit the target of <2$/meal/person. But they're still awful, and sometimes I just wanna have them.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying food other people find gross as gently caress

One of my favorites is a tortilla with sweet/spicy mustard, spicy mayo(sandwich spread), some cheap cheddar, cucumber and either tuna or salami. That's usually a day 3/4 lunch when I'm canoeing. Other people find it revolting.

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
Ah, the GiP Goon Eats thread.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My gross lunch is a can of sardines in oil, drained of half the oil, mashed up with diced onion garlic powder and yellow mustard. Serve on wheat bread or crackers. Don't eat if you are going to be around humans that you like immediately after consumption.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bengy81 posted:

My gross lunch is a can of sardines in oil, drained of half the oil, mashed up with diced onion garlic powder and yellow mustard. Serve on wheat bread or crackers. Don't eat if you are going to be around humans that you like immediately after consumption.

:chloe:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can make you a chicken taco that will have you believe in a higher power with nothing more than some spices, a single green chili and some chicken thighs on two warmed up (ever so slightly toasted) corn tortillas with onion, cilantro, and a splash of lime juice on top.

hey how do i sign up for this

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

i regret every decision i made that allowed this timeline to happen

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

i regret every decision i made that allowed this timeline to happen

i hope you don't regret invading syria

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mr. Nice! posted:

Better be talking about tinga hombre

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

i hope you don't regret invading syria

if you haven't violated a country's national sovereignty at least once in your life you're not living

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrian Lannister posted:

Better be talking about tinga hombre

nah, my recipe that I got to just via trial and error. Looking up tinga, though, and that's very similar to how we started.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

hey how do i sign up for this

You just have to be hanging out with me and ask me to make you tacos.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Wasabi the J posted:

Just be conscious that some of Chernobyl is being dramatized by a huge capitalist multinational company.

They're going to simultaneously blame problems on and forgive plotholes by communism and it's going undermine some of the message a bit.

Uhh yeah I'm sure HBO had a real axe to grind against Soviet Russia that's completely inaccurate. It's a dramatization, not an incident report. If you wanna read about how hosed the response was all you have to do is read any of the multitude of books on the topic.

Also what message are you talking about?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean the entire Chernobyl event was basically the most Soviet thing ever from the ground up.

That's not to say other countries don't have their own nuclear fuckups. But goddamn.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Vasudus posted:

I mean the entire Chernobyl event was basically the most Soviet thing ever from the ground up.

That's not to say other countries don't have their own nuclear fuckups. But goddamn.

Yeah three mile island is a great example of terrible operating by the USA that didn't result in a catastrophe exclusively as a consequence of reactor design that made it inherently stable.

And it was enough to get all the NIMBY fucks up in arms to kill the industry and speed our current climate disaster.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

if you haven't violated a country's national sovereignty at least once in your life you're not living

Made the news for invading Venezuela's airspace back in 2010 (we did not). Boy, was SOUTHCOM spicy that night.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah three mile island is a great example of terrible operating by the USA that didn't result in a catastrophe exclusively as a consequence of reactor design that made it inherently stable.

And it was enough to get all the NIMBY fucks up in arms to kill the industry and speed our current climate disaster.

Yeah, the RBMK-1000 series was crazy.

To be fair: The RBMK series has unparalleled power output, and the Positive Void coefficient issue was largely solved with re-designs. It uses less uranium and less water than other designs as well.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 11, 2019

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

To be fair: The RBMK series has unparalleled power output, and the Positive Void coefficient issue was largely solved with re-designs. It uses less uranium and less water than other designs as well.

Username post combo :thunk:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
GPS voice...

"You meltdown reactor"

"In Soviet Russia, reactor meltdown you!"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Uhh yeah I'm sure HBO had a real axe to grind against Soviet Russia that's completely inaccurate. It's a dramatization, not an incident report. If you wanna read about how hosed the response was all you have to do is read any of the multitude of books on the topic.

Also what message are you talking about?

It's a dramatization and it's designed to be compelling to sell views.

Some people think American Sniper is a documentary.

It's a really great show.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most street tacos are carne asada, in my experience. Ground chuck and iceberg lettuce with shredded cheddar/monteray jack is north of the border.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

CommieGIR posted:

:ohno:

new favorite smiley

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i got my mom something that all moms crave for mother's day

a new storm door

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
We went to a garden center and I got to pick something out to have planted at the new house.

I went with a lilac bush (tree?). My parents used to have two when I was growing up and I loved having fresh lilacs.

Can’t decide where to plant it though! The yard needs sooooo much work. But that’s last on the list because the inside needs to be livable first. :(

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Sarah posted:

We went to a garden center and I got to pick something out to have planted at the new house.

I went with a lilac bush (tree?). My parents used to have two when I was growing up and I loved having fresh lilacs.

Can’t decide where to plant it though! The yard needs sooooo much work. But that’s last on the list because the inside needs to be livable first. :(

Wait a week or two and buy the clearance flowers. Just plant wherever, the pops of color will help immediately, and if they die off you’re not out a lot of money. Takes all of an afternoon too so it doesn’t delay your inside work too much.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Got my mom flowers delivered and forgot they’re out of town this weekend.

Driving to my parents house to take them off the stoop and put them inside :cripes:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mom wanted some silverware organizers and mixing bowls. Kitchen is getting remodeled this year. So I did that and took her out for breakfast.

Last year I discovered that Qatar has it's own Mother's Day in March when I couldn't remember when Mother's Day was and googled it. Google told me it was two days away, I then panicked and sent my mom an Amazon gift card, two months early.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

a new storm door

When you want to tell your mom both I love you and I'm practical

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Nystral posted:

Wait a week or two and buy the clearance flowers. Just plant wherever, the pops of color will help immediately, and if they die off you’re not out a lot of money. Takes all of an afternoon too so it doesn’t delay your inside work too much.

There’s so much overgrowth and weeding that needs to be done that planting flowers without doing that would just be silly. The previous owners moved into a condo after listing their house. It was on the market for over 180 days with two failed sells. They didn’t come back and take care of anything.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm really looking forward to having a yard so I can plant and kill tons of plants.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Carne asada is kind of hoity toity as street tacos go
What about lengua, cabeza, tripa, etc

I agree with the sentiment that cilantro and onion should be in place of lettuce and cheese, tho

Edit: lol I missed like a page of posts here's a quote so people know what the hell I'm talking about

Water777 posted:

Most street tacos are carne asada, in my experience. Ground chuck and iceberg lettuce with shredded cheddar/monteray jack is north of the border.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Sarah posted:

There’s so much overgrowth and weeding that needs to be done that planting flowers without doing that would just be silly. The previous owners moved into a condo after listing their house. It was on the market for over 180 days with two failed sells. They didn’t come back and take care of anything.

You should look into what kind of ferns/trees/plants grow naturally wherever you're at, since they'll require the least amount of onerous upkeep. Aside from that I'd start by planting whatever trees you want for shade / privacy / cover and then plan the remainder based on how large those trees generally grow.

I'm not a big fan of grass yards with a garden because of the significant amount of work each entails so maybe looking at setting some kind of brick / stone / gravel walkways would be pretty good. The best place to start would be with a measurement of the space you have available, the placement of any utility lines that might lie under the property, and an idea of what you'd like the space to look like when you're finished.

The cool thing about home improvement is that they are retained in the value of the home if they are done well, so it makes sense to approach it with a vision and make sure it's done well so that it will last imo

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Sarah posted:

You sound like the people across the street from me! But I’m in CFL and you’re in DMV right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Vasudus posted:

a new storm door

Got my mom the thing she wants most in the world: to be left alone.