Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

kcer posted:

no!!! hands off!!!

apparently the latest on Rafa is that big fat ugly dumb arsehole Ashley is offering to double his wages, but only for a one year extension because he thinks potential buyers don't like the prospect of a manager on a long term deal

I'd have thought he's a solid 80% of why anyone would want to buy us

Ah but you see Hughton is now available for a ham sandwich and a bag of crisps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Ashley's latest arseholery is that he promised the squad a trip to Vegas if we stayed up, but he just cancelled it lmao

mostly because players booked their own holiday and got a cash bonus but it's fun to dump on Ashley

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

kcer posted:

no!!! hands off!!!

apparently the latest on Rafa is that big fat ugly dumb arsehole Ashley is offering to double his wages, but only for a one year extension because he thinks potential buyers don't like the prospect of a manager on a long term deal

I'd have thought he's a solid 80% of why anyone would want to buy us

how long has he been trying to sell the club?

i love the irony of making decisions with the mind of selling the club making the club less appealing

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Karl Sharks posted:

how long has he been trying to sell the club?

i love the irony of making decisions with the mind of selling the club making the club less appealing

on and off for about 9 years or something daft. I think it's officially off the market again now, but he's still open to offers.

the valuation is always just ridiculous. A couple years ago it was valued at £250m, and when people started sniffing around he increased his asking price to £350m

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Whoa hold up, Utd are paying OGS £7.5m a year :psypop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The massive interest free loan he gave the club is still around and he wants that paid off + whatever actual value he's given the club that usually make it far more expensive than anyone wants to buy. Probably because the stadium and training ground and stuff all needs a load of work done since he's not paid for any the entire time he's owned the club

This was a great transfer imo

https://twitter.com/MarkJDryden4/status/1127864890478039042

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That's the frustrating thing about Newcastle, they can clearly buy well, and just a little more money would see them as safe PL regulars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's cool that ashley is offering benitez a higher wage when what he wants is money to redevelop the training ground and freedom to spend the transfer budget how he wants instead of being made to wait another 6 weeks to avoid paying the players wages

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Can you see Newcastle getting pillaged for players this summer? If so, who do you expect to go?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Perez basically. Rondon has probably caught a lot of team's eyes but he was only here on loan

Hayden wants to leave too and tbh he deserves to be at a reasonably good team the way he's played this year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'd be nervous about buying anyone from Newcastle, they're the classic "good coach elevating OK players" trap.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hayden staying after january and being first choice and playing really well works out for us since he probably went from being worth £5m to 15m. The issue is where he can go. His daughter was born really prematurely and has a load of medical problems as a result so he wants a club nearer there for travel reasons.

Ritchie wants to leave too for a chance at a last big contract which is fair

Diame is off and Shelvey possibly too which would leave us a central midfield of Ki and Longstaff lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

oliwan posted:

btw this should go in the OP:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

make it trp's background

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

:perfect:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Barreca has the shortest NUFC playing career of all time, a total of 4 minutes lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

L'Equipe are reporting that Hazard to Real for E100m is going to be announced after the Europa League final.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

L'Equipe are reporting that Hazard to Real for E100m is going to be announced after the Europa League final.

that seems cheap considering the crazy prices some people have gone for recently

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

that seems cheap considering the crazy prices some people have gone for recently

His contract is almost done and he wants to leave, seems like a good opportunity to get a discount.

I assume United are going to break the transfer record again for Bale now?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

He's only got one more year on his contract though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sanchez has posted an apology to everyone on his instagram page

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

sanchez has posted an apology to everyone on his instagram page

For his performances, his structure-breaking wages or that mustache?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

They're also reporting Pogba's wage demands are a sticking point, lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

They're also reporting Pogba's wage demands are a sticking point, lol

To go where? Any team would have to be retarded to spend 9 figures on the wee dafty after the last 2 years

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

To go where? Any team would have to be retarded to spend 9 figures on the wee dafty after the last 2 years

Madrid

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
He'd be perfect for PSG, assuming they end up selling Neymar.

I can't see those two coexisting comfortably

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

madrid buying neymar instead of mbappe is going to be really funny

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
plz take neymar instead of mane

luv u lots

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

tarbrush posted:

He'd be perfect for PSG, assuming they end up selling Neymar.

I can't see those two coexisting comfortably

Based on the stories I'm hearing Neymar can't really coexist comfortably with anyone at PSG.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bewbies posted:

plz take neymar instead of mane

luv u lots

Mane is off to Madrid in 3 weeks

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Neymar to Man U
Mbappe to Barca
Coutinho to PSG
Hazard to Madrid
Zouma to Chelsea

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Total Meatlove posted:

Zouma to Chelsea

He's already with Chelsea. :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
City is gonna pip Jovic

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chelsea wants to by Coutinho and Barca wants to by La Cassette sending Gomes and Umittit maybe (which would be dumb). Manu wants Rakitic (apparently even more after that story of him attacking gay fat dwarves resurfaced)

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I'd be surprised if City does much of anything at the minute, given the whole article in the NYT today about Fifa considering kicking them out of the CL.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

gtkor posted:

I'd be surprised if City does much of anything at the minute, given the whole article in the NYT today about Fifa considering kicking them out of the CL.

Weird that this comes out a day after City winning the league.

In any case there will almost certainly be one hell of a legal battle if this happens. I honestly don't know who will win either. If City wins though, FFP could be rendered meaningless.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It also feels like whatever they do end up hitting City with, they basically have to hit PSG with.

Kinda tough when PSGs people own BeIn

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gtkor posted:

I’d love this but they’ll appeal and the penalty will be a £10 fine suspended for 3 months or something equally useless

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
FFP is already meaningless and the only reason it was created was to cement the position of Real/Barca/Bayern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jason Sextro posted:

Neymar can't really coexist comfortably with anyone.

checks out

hard to sell him then