Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Maria, insane with rear end, did Miami claps with her booty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Although a matter of some dispute, Ray's urine does have a theme song (Lady is a Tramp, as performed by Frank Sinatra)
Ray first urinated on the day he was born.
Ray was urinating when he heart that Reagan had been shot [he was in the bathroom at a childrens' breakfast restaurant]
He does not audiocast (urinate standing up) if company is over.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

He does not audiocast (urinate standing up) if company is over.

This is a habit I have picked up myself. Ain't no one want to hear that!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Could someone supply me with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen edit that has Ray talking about how he "pays attention" and "took care of that Nolan" guy?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Madtrixr posted:

this strip is great for that because ray's dad just goes off http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03052009

i love ray's optimism here

i have literally never thought that about a unknown number

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That same strip is also the source for the best Ramses Smuckles quote in existence:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Johnny Aztec posted:

Could someone supply me with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen edit that has Ray talking about how he "pays attention" and "took care of that Nolan" guy?

http://4thletter.net/2013/07/those-are-some-achewood-mashups-i-have/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Occasionally I think of this Achewood strip and specifically the alt text.

"Cue up some nasty old saxophone/banjo music while Uncle pulls up to the bumper"

and it always makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It is my eternal shame that I only recently learned that "Caddy drivers pull up to the bumper" is a reference to that awful Grace Jones.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bony tony posted:

"Caddy drivers pull up to the bumper"

SO TRUE

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05262004

"conscripted by thirst" was how I described wanting a beer for a least a year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You should probably stay away from El Gloppo for a while

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Quite possibly the worst men's discount-apology e-service on the market today.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

bony tony posted:

It is my eternal shame that I only recently learned that "Caddy drivers pull up to the bumper" is a reference to that awful Grace Jones.

YESSSSSSS

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
SUCCESS

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You should probably stay away from El Gloppo for a while

I couldn't remember what the reference to El Gloppo was, and when I looked it up, I also got a link to this strip: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192004

ACHEWOOD WAS SO GOOD

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
ˇHola Juan! ˇYo reado dos math books!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I have used the phrase " Pickles on Parade" a few times thanks to that story arc. Its a few strips earlier, where Beef is talking to the KKK>

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Aztec posted:

I have used the phrase " Pickles on Parade" a few times thanks to that story arc. Its a few strips earlier, where Beef is talking to the KKK>

Yes, I guess that IS pickles on parade. For both of us, though, mind you.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The KKK member Roast Beef had to talk to on the phone was the second turd wrapped in a sheet he'd had to deal with in the strip's history.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like Italian food and I like to Do It after I eat Italian food

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

The KKK member Roast Beef had to talk to on the phone was the second turd wrapped in a sheet he'd had to deal with in the strip's history.

A bullet in a turd ain't exactly gonna make the 5 o'clock news, Pastry of the Year

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ray making pickles. The circle is complete.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The Pope weighs in on barbers: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/30/pope-urges-barbers-and-hair-st.html

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They shouldn't earn so much.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
If this vans a rocking

THEN OBVIOUSLY TWO BARBERS BROKE IN TO COMMIT LEWD ACTS ON EACH OTHER

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Seldom Posts posted:

I couldn't remember what the reference to El Gloppo was, and when I looked it up, I also got a link to this strip: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192004

ACHEWOOD WAS SO GOOD

ahh, back in the merciful days when DJT was a dated punchline and not the ruler of the free world

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
It's been quite a while since I've run through the archives, so looking at the more recent strips to be once again confronted with the double whammy of "Todd has auto-decapitated! THIS IS A FIRST FOR HIM!" made me ugly laugh. Makes me want to dig my Great Outdoor Fight book out again.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When you're operating at this level, it's just you and the ghost, man. You and the ghost.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bony tony posted:

That same strip is also the source for the best Ramses Smuckles quote in existence:

I have actually had occasion to use a version of that when my medic partner and I were driving back from a frequent flier.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

"Now, strictly between you and me, I am writink script for Subway TV ad where Green Beret punches Jared in heart so hard that he dies."

I bet it would actually sell sandwiches in 2019.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This man, he has sex appeal of biscuit with two shits inside.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
WIFE OF JARED'S NEIGHBOR IS PREGNANT. EVERYONE KNOWS IT WAS JARED. LOUD KNOCKS ON JARED'S FRONT DOOR. AS JARED SLIDES PISTOL SLOWLY INTO MOUTH, CUT BACK AND FORTH TO FOOTAGE OF JARED BITING INTO 6" TURKEY SUB.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dr Snofeld posted:

It's been quite a while since I've run through the archives, so looking at the more recent strips to be once again confronted with the double whammy of "Todd has auto-decapitated! THIS IS A FIRST FOR HIM!" made me ugly laugh. Makes me want to dig my Great Outdoor Fight book out again.

"Todd and his dreams have both failed and died" is such a great line.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
The joke behind Jamie Lee Curtis's "Cooking for Guests" only hit me last week. I guess I never really lumped her in as a "Celebrity Wife".

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
I... still don't get it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Adult Illiteracy posted:

I... still don't get it.

Her husband is named Christopher Guest.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

If you're wondering what Chris is up to these days, it's apparently hanging out with Bill Oakley and sticking Hot Pockets in an air fryer.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's not weirder than starting a craft soda company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Jesus Christ I've never seen that many ads in an article, what the gently caress