Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Liverpool's owners are much worse than City's.

The UAE generally restrict their horribleness to poor people in their own country or poor immigrants who we don't give a poo poo about whereas John Henry helps prop up an unbearably awful thing that any right thinking moral person recognises as an abomination that should be be banned with it's victims offered extensive state aid programs to try to piece their shattered lives back together; Baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
All Billionaires are cunts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao at all of this

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/ivan-gazidis-returning-arsenal-transfer-16257751

quote:

Former Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis could be about to do one more good deed in north London as AC Milan find themselves linked with a surprise swoop for Shkodran Mustafi.

football.london understands that Mustafi was made available for transfer last season but that Arsenal failed to find any suitable bidders for the 27-year-old, who is believed to earn around £90,000-a-week.

Indeed the Gunners have not received a serious offer for Mustafi since Inter Milan tried to acquire the World Cup winner in the final hours of the summer 2017 transfer window, which fell apart because the Italians wanted a loan deal whilst Arsenal preferred a permanent sale.

Reports in Italy suggest that Mustafi could still be bound for Italy, with Inter's crosstown rivals AC Milan, headed up by Gazidis. said to be mulling a bid for the German.

Gazidis is understood to have played a more significant role than usual in the signing of Mustafi in the first place, a player over whom Arsene Wenger and his scouting team had doubts before he arrived from Valencia.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i know we like to use the phrase fraud wasteman a little too easily here

but mustafi is the definition of a fraud wasteman

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The Middle East can suck my dick

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

The way Zaha just effortlessly brushed him aside for that goal a few weeks ago was crazy, that's the weakest poo poo I've seen for some time and yes, my monitor is turned on.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This is loving violence and I knew poo poo like this would happen when that oval office got involved at Milan. Fucks sake.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The idea of receiving money in exchange for Shkrodan Mustafi has me rock hard.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

fat gay nonce posted:

The UAE generally restrict their horribleness to poor people in their own country or poor immigrants who we don't give a poo poo about whereas John Henry helps prop up an unbearably awful thing that any right thinking moral person recognises as an abomination that should be be banned with it's victims offered extensive state aid programs to try to piece their shattered lives back together; Baseball.

i hate that i laughed at this post

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

All Billionaires are cunts

You basically have to be to accumulate that much scratch. You need to gently caress over hundreds of people, if not thousands or millions

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He's a combination of not-terribly-athletic and dumb-as-a-stump

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I was under the impression Man City had banned themselves from the Champions League

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
just gently caress off all the mega rich clubs to their euro super league and let them jizz away as much money as they want

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I was trying to find a good article about the legal status of UEFA FFP and this is the closest I got to a decent survey.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/item/a-review-of-key-financial-fair-play-cases-through-the-lens-of-the-cas

It doesn't seem like precedent is going against Man City being able to make an ultimately successful legality argument since the European Commission seems to have already given some approval to the arrangement, but who knows whether Man City's financial muscle changes the picture.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

kcer posted:

just gently caress off all the mega rich clubs to their euro super league and let them jizz away as much money as they want

the only reason i don't agree with this right now is that seeing PSG repeatedly loving out of the CL is really funny

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the only reason i don't agree with this right now is that seeing PSG repeatedly loving out of the CL is really funny

It’s good but now imagine them at the bottom of the super rich guy league table every year.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

PSG and City.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

blue footed boobie posted:

The idea of receiving money in exchange for Shkrodan Mustafi has me rock hard.

It is a completely absurd proposition and I love it OP

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

The bolded part is loving depressingly hilarious. How much of a kickback does Gazidis get by finding a club for this shitbird?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

It’s good but now imagine them at the bottom of the super rich guy league table every year.

That's the reason none of this will ever happen, these teams need to be able to beat on some teams, and no big club wants to be bottom of the Big Club League Table

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

fat gay nonce posted:

Yeah, but unlike the UAE being horrible to migrant workers and turning a blind eye to if some of those migrant workers end up involuntary migrant workers, John Henry is cool and good and the people of his Nation love him. Red Sox nation, that is. At least until he stops bringing back championships on a regular basis, in which case he can gently caress off and we'll start complaining about how he enslaved poor Brock Holt.

I hope Man City get banned from the CL for a year, though, because I always like seeing the huge rich clubs get a sharp poke in the eye so long as it isn't my club.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 15, 2019

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

It would happen. PSG is a shitshow.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, but unlike the UAE being horrible to migrant workers and turning a blind eye to if some of those migrant workers end up involuntary migrant workers, John Henry is cool and good and the people of his Nation love him. Red Sox nation, that is. At least until he stops bringing back championships on a regular basis, in which case he can gently caress off and we'll start complaining about how he enslaved poor Brock Holt.

I hope Man City get banned from the CL for a year, though, because I always like seeing the huge rich clubs get a sharp poke in the eye so long as it isn't my club.

John Henry literally was materially supporting extraordinary rendition and torture

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jason Sextro posted:

It would happen. PSG is a shitshow.

Watching the badly run mega clubs get repeatedly owned is the the only potential upside of the super league.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Byolante posted:

John Henry literally was materially supporting extraordinary rendition and torture

You're referring to this, I assume? Which is, of course, a government intermediary chartering a private jet of a minority partner in the Red Sox without telling the owner of the jet what it was being used for. That's a bit of a stretch, especially using it to compare Henry to Sheik Mansour, who is literally deputy prime minister of the UAE and a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family which is all in on the starvation of Yemeni civilians. Christ on a cross, people will go a long way to justify sports beef.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol this owns

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It is a completely absurd proposition and I love it OP

Would you rather have Squillaci back?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

fart simpson posted:

I would take current-year, 38-year old Squillaci if it meant culling Mustafi.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

fart simpson posted:

I mean it is absurd someone wants to pay money for mustafi. Excellent piece of summer business for arsenal if it goes through

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mustafi is an above average defender in the league. I've watched every one of his games this season (even the garbage ones) and he's not that bad. He should still be replaced by somebody better but I think more blame gets attributed to him than is fair.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Mustafi is an above average defender in the league. I've watched every one of his games this season (even the garbage ones) and he's not that bad.

Hard doubt.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Mustafi is an above average defender in the league. I've watched every one of his games this season (even the garbage ones) and he's not that bad. He should still be replaced by somebody better but I think more blame gets attributed to him than is fair.

Last sentence may be true still, but first sentence is definitely false

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I was worried Spurs wouldn't sign anyone.

But here we are, with a 15 year old keeper.

In other news:
https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa...5SodqItZBGvkafQ

Please, please take Bale. Please take him.
- Real Madrid

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Vegetable posted:

He has great stats and headers and things 90% of the time, it's the 10% of the time when he basically kicks the ball into his own net he needs to work on.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Are Spurs still eager to get Grealish?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Vegetable posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apjtTqavJQM

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
surely there's no way bale moves unless real eats at least half of that idiotic salary, right

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

surely there's no way bale moves unless real eats at least half of that idiotic salary, right

They already are per that link?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i mean for a permanent move, like one of those deals where the selling club agrees to pay a portion of his new contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

cool a-league bloopers reel