Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Christ, finding tinned mackerel is getting harder and harder. Had to resort to 12 ounce tins of tuna during yesterday's grocery trip :saddowns:

Gonna check Wally World on my next trip as they are my last hope within an hour's drive.

Bought some smoked oysters, K.O. Mediterranean 'dines, K.O. smoked kippers, and some brand or other in spicy tomato sauce during my last campground trip. No one would touch them save the tomato ones I had for breakfast on toasted multi-grain bread so the leftovers are in my work lunch drawer. Wish I had noted the brand on the spicy tomato 'dines as they had sliced jalapeño in there :yum:

Today's work lunch is gonna be fishless but at least feature buttered pumpernickel and pea soup fresh from the pressure cooker with a glass of lemoned-up homebrew kvass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

KO Mediterranean 'dines are my favorite sardine, good purchasing choice

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I took a chance on an unknown can of dines

I went back and picked up half a dozen because the price is hard to beat

Six large firm dines and its hard to beat that price. Two good servings of protein for about a buck twenty five each

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ligo 'dines are the Filipino standard. I just don't eat as many of them because I prefer my 'dines in not-tomato sauce.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

oh sure but these are workhorse dines not fancy dines

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

had a big pile of spring mix and spinach, sauteed with some rice and beans, a can of beach cliff sardines in oil, two eggs, sriracha, soy sauce. stirred it all up but took it off the heat before the eggs got too hard. tasty

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

had a big pile of spring mix and spinach, sauteed with some rice and beans, a can of beach cliff sardines in oil, two eggs, sriracha, soy sauce. stirred it all up but took it off the heat before the eggs got too hard. tasty
that sounds really good

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Butch Cassidy posted:

Christ, finding tinned mackerel is getting harder and harder. Had to resort to 12 ounce tins of tuna during yesterday's grocery trip :saddowns:

Gonna check Wally World on my next trip as they are my last hope within an hour's drive.

Wally World is the only store anywhere near me that carries King Oscar Mackerel. It is so goddamn good I can't even

I once got a can of KO sardines that had a card with the KO Mackerel UPC code on it that basically said if your local store doesn't stock KO Mackerel then "GIVE THIS TO YOUR GROCER AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE SOME TASTY MACKEREL!!!" but I gave it to my Grocer and he looked at me like I was a moron for wanting more canned fish. It never appeared on the shelves :(

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah that sounds good. I eat something similar almost every day but I usually don't have eggs and throw in an avocado. and sometimes some Fritos for the crunch :D

isaboo fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 9, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

pahuyuth posted:

I once got a can of KO sardines that had a card with the KO Mackerel UPC code on it that basically said if your local store doesn't stock KO Mackerel then "GIVE THIS TO YOUR GROCER AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE SOME TASTY MACKEREL!!!" but I gave it to my Grocer and he looked at me like I was a moron for wanting more canned fish. It never appeared on the shelves :(

I gave the post card for Tapatio dines to my HEB grocery manager and he looked at me like I was retarded and said, '"We already carry KO dines."

And I said, "Yes, and I want you to also carry the spicy dines."

They never appeared. I bought a bottle.of Tapatio sauce and splash it into my migas with dines. It's pretty good, and probably cheaper.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The place I go to has the Jalapeño KOs and I buy 2 of them every time I go food shopping. I've never had the chance to try the Tapatio version.

They've also started stocking up on the KO mackerel

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Made my own Cesar salad dressing (which is just anchovies, oil, garlic, parmesan, and an acid of your choice) and boy howdy does it fukken whip!

Plus if you bake bread, you can take that bread you're not gonna eat (because you made to much or it went stale or the proof failed or whatever) and make some bomb rear end croutons.

Add it to whatever greens you got and :yum:

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where does John West sit in the dine hierarchy?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BurgerQuest posted:

Where does John West sit in the dine hierarchy?

I’ve heard they’re a mixed bag. If you are in the UK, they are apparently wonderful, but the ones sold internationally aren’t the same and not worth the money.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ceasar with anchovies is a deconstruction; the original original from ceasar's restaurant in tijuana used worchestershire

dont let that stop you tho cause its good as hell either way

naem
May 29, 2011

I think worcheschire has anchovies in it? Oh that’s what you meant!

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I added John West sardines to my curried egg and it was great. I smell like poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ceasar with anchovies is a deconstruction; the original original from ceasar's restaurant in tijuana used worchestershire

dont let that stop you tho cause its good as hell either way

Tijuana?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

it's a city on the pacific coast of baja california, mexico. across the US border from san diego

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OMGVBFLOL posted:

it's a city on the pacific coast of baja california, mexico. across the US border from san diego

If you ask for a Caesar salad in Tijuana I’m fairly sure that’s not what you are gonna get.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

If you ask for a Caesar salad in Tijuana I’m fairly sure that’s not what you are gonna get.

http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=!w+caesar+salad

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i bought some brunswicks cause they were on sale

did not care for them

ive had them before but i forgot that they were all mushy

will just have to use them in a recipe where it wont matter

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Maybe make sardine rillettes?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

i bought some brunswicks cause they were on sale

did not care for them

ive had them before but i forgot that they were all mushy

will just have to use them in a recipe where it wont matter

Fishcakes

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

It's been a while but I'm stinking up the lunch room with a tin of dines. Feels good man. Hot sauce.... Piled high.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/QdzAt6e1l-c

fish

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Thoughts on dines in water?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i think they're worse than all the other kinds

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yup gotta agree there. Brunswick Gourmet Filets in Spring water are probably the best I've had but that's not saying much

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sardines in olive oil gives you a double whammy of good heart oils

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

dew worm posted:

good for tuna/sardine salad, or just sardine salad. cheap so you can get a lot of a decent brand

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/ocVCsPPNxsc

fissh

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I like water dines with pasta and marinara sauce. I just add my own olive oil

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

But yeah Brunswick is not great

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

dew worm posted:

theyre good

ladd
Aug 14, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

Sardines in olive oil gives you a double whammy of good heart oils

I normally buy my Sardines in Sunflower Oil since they are half the price of the ones in Olive Oil, is the extra money worth the added quality/Healthiness?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Speaking of fishies in olive oil, my breakfast is a white bean salad with Oregon albacore tuna poached in olive oil.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I save the olive oil from sardines so I can cook other things in sardiney olive oil. Works really well for frying portobello caps, eggplant, or grits.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I pour it over my dogs’ food because they need healthy oils too.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I make vinaigrettes from saved sardine oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
now that I think about it, I do like sardines in water every now and then because I can dump a little Coleman's mustard powder into the tin and mix it up. haven't tried that with olive oil 'dines but I don't think it would work as well