Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Incessant Excess posted:

It might be a good idea to check your indexers forums occasionally. I saw a post on one of mine that advises to configure Hydra in a certain way, else you run the risk of losing API access.

Care to tip us off to which to check?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Or at least mention the specific thing they are mad about...

My best guess is the redirdect vs proxy on the nzb link

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
It's one of the two that don't want their name mentioned. Under Downloaders they want your client to use send link instead of upload nzb

and under Searching they want redirect to the indexer instead of proxy

If you can't set redirect to the indexer because of docker or some other reason, they want you to enable the indexer for api searches only

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This is indeed what I was referring to. The last one made my Hydra not work anymore so I skipped that one.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I assume they are just annoyed about people being able to use hydra for account sharing

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Yea I noticed that for NZBs.in I'm not sure they could tell though, since the settings they complain about are ones that would make it so multiple people could share one account. I already had my API access banned from them because I used my account from multiple IP's, which is bullshit since I use it from a laptop and at home all the time. They restored API after I contacted support but im sure it will happen again, so I will be changing my hydra to proxy nzbs from now on for all sites.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

On one hand I get it, but on the other it's super hilarious to see indexers get all bent out of shape about people stealing their work.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sedative posted:

It's one of the two that don't want their name mentioned.

So loving stupid. It amazes me how people generally respect this desire.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Duck and Cover posted:

So loving stupid. It amazes me how people generally respect this desire.

They both provide a service that is, at the very best, operating in a legal gray area. Maybe it helps keep the heat off or maybe it doesn't help at all, but if they don't want their names posted in a public forum like this then why not respect their wishes.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sedative posted:

They both provide a service that is, at the very best, operating in a legal gray area. Maybe it helps keep the heat off or maybe it doesn't help at all, but if they don't want their names posted in a public forum like this then why not respect their wishes.

Elitist gatekeeping is a poo poo look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/bk80er/to_old_school_users_what_happened_to_the_first/emfpw0g/?context=2

quote:

[–]DumbLemming 4 points 18 days ago
I love people pretending they're in some sort of special club. Heh I've got access to this private indexer and thus I'm better than you. No you can't know the name that's how special and exclusive it is.

permalinkembedsaveeditdisable inbox repliesdeletereply

[–]RToTheSee[S] -5 points 18 days ago
Not that we are better. But it's exclusive for a reason. Theres a barrier to entry.

Why do people go to fancy restaurants vs dine in at McDonald's?

Let the randos search whatever's available at public search sites like nzbindex or binsearch.

It should end there.

Your five star restaurant isn't gonna feel special if you've got homeless people gathering around smelling the steak.

permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive awardreply

[–]DumbLemming 7 points 18 days ago*
Yeah no elitism at all here. I mean it's not like you compare the average public usenet user to a homeless person, that'd be ridiculous.

Edit: Also an unnecessary gently caress you to homeless people, just because they lack a home doesn't make them less of a person. I'd be weirded out by any group of people gathering around to smell the steak.

permalinkembedsaveparenteditdisable inbox repliesdeletereply

You want to provide a service provide a service. But expecting it to be some internet secret? HAhahahahaha gently caress right off. In other news I don't whitelist sites just because they ask and or try to hide their content.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 22, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah you’re definitely the worst poster in this thread and your shitiness has gone beyond the level of tolerance.

You’re loving stupid, you don’t know how to use a computer, and you can’t even understand the wishes of a website who doesn’t want to be thrown around public. I’ll happily be the one to eat a 6 and tell you to just gently caress off and stop polluting this thread with your non stop garbage posting.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/bk80er/to_old_school_users_what_happened_to_the_first/emfpw0g/?context=2

You want to provide a service provide a service. But expecting it to be some internet secret? HAhahahahaha gently caress right off. In other news I don't whitelist sites just because they ask and or try to hide their content.

That guy's a moron who's saying people shouldn't talk about usenet's existence at all. It's not the same thing. That's as stupid as saying we shouldn't mention bit torrent at all.

These indexers just want to stay under the radar like a private torrent tracker would want to.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Its kind of dumb when you consider that NZBs.org was pretty openly discussed for the past 10+ years with out needing to shut down. They went to pretty great lengths to keep it underneath the radar however.

If those people who have taken the vow of silence are getting in return a decent VIP/lifetime membership thing that wont be magically converted to a subscription, then I'd keep it private too.

I have no idea who they are referring to and dont really need to find out, so if thats the case then who gives a poo poo. if its not, and I was one of those people, Id be blabbing til there was an incentive to not blab.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Did 6box up and disappear or something from when they opened up to NZBs.org refugees to now? I was gonna enter my stuff into my NZBHydra setup and it's just nothing but a line of text.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Did 6box up and disappear or something from when they opened up to NZBs.org refugees to now? I was gonna enter my stuff into my NZBHydra setup and it's just nothing but a line of text.
Heard they had hosting troubles and it's been a month since any update.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

Well, from that reddit subreddit i found something i never knew i needed: docker images of vpn enabled crap. I had a VM made for my VPN protected torrent needs, but a docker image would work just fine. For whoever is interested: https://github.com/binhex

Are there better ones out there?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So I just got a new rig and switched from SABnzbd and Kodi to Nzbget and plex.

It seems fairly intuitive so far, but am I right in thinking that plex is basically a lot like Kodi except it's browser based and synchs up to multiple devices?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Volguus posted:

Well, from that reddit subreddit i found something i never knew i needed: docker images of vpn enabled crap. I had a VM made for my VPN protected torrent needs, but a docker image would work just fine. For whoever is interested: https://github.com/binhex

Are there better ones out there?

Not better but the only two pre made docker images I use are binhex and linuxserver.io. I try to stick to ls.io so my common base stays the same and saves me space but binhex is very good too.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Having a problem with SAB that I can't figure out. My server ran out of space, which I didn't notice for a day or so. I cleared out some space and resumed SAB, but now it's giving me a "decoder failure: Out of memory" error and refusing to download. I'm not running SAB as a service, which is what is mentioned in the wiki as a known issue.

So far I've:
Updated to the latest windows version of SAB.
Changed article cache limit to 450M (per wiki) and 0 (per a post on the forum)
Paused all the items but one in the queue.
Restarted the server

But the error still occurs. This is a sample from the log:
code:
2019-05-21 02:43:40,970::ERROR::[assembler:99] Disk full! Forcing Pause
2019-05-21 23:08:37,354::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:19:37,253::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:22:28,934::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:23:05,142::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('192.168.1.5', 8080)) shut down
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus EXITING
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus EXITED
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Re-spawning C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe -p
2019-05-22 07:23:08,996::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:08] ENGINE Bus STARTING
2019-05-22 07:23:09,385::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:09] ENGINE Serving on [url]http://192.168.1.5:8080[/url]
2019-05-22 07:23:09,385::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:09] ENGINE Bus STARTED
Any pointers?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

EC posted:

Having a problem with SAB that I can't figure out. My server ran out of space, which I didn't notice for a day or so. I cleared out some space and resumed SAB, but now it's giving me a "decoder failure: Out of memory" error and refusing to download. I'm not running SAB as a service, which is what is mentioned in the wiki as a known issue.

So far I've:
Updated to the latest windows version of SAB.
Changed article cache limit to 450M (per wiki) and 0 (per a post on the forum)
Paused all the items but one in the queue.
Restarted the server

But the error still occurs. This is a sample from the log:
code:
2019-05-21 02:43:40,970::ERROR::[assembler:99] Disk full! Forcing Pause
2019-05-21 23:08:37,354::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:19:37,253::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:22:28,934::WARNING::[decoder:139] Decoder failure: Out of memory
2019-05-22 07:23:05,142::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('192.168.1.5', 8080)) shut down
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus EXITING
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Bus EXITED
2019-05-22 07:23:05,720::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:05] ENGINE Re-spawning C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\SABnzbd.exe -p
2019-05-22 07:23:08,996::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:08] ENGINE Bus STARTING
2019-05-22 07:23:09,385::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:09] ENGINE Serving on [url]http://192.168.1.5:8080[/url]
2019-05-22 07:23:09,385::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [22/May/2019:07:23:09] ENGINE Bus STARTED
Any pointers?

I got this a few weeks ago (out of nowhere) i did the same things as you. Only thing that worked for me was a complete deletion of any queues and a restart of the whole computer.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Kin posted:

I got this a few weeks ago (out of nowhere) i did the same things as you. Only thing that worked for me was a complete deletion of any queues and a restart of the whole computer.

Oh rad, this worked. Thanks! Luckily I had less than 10 items in the queue.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I think I had that once, it was because I had removed my backup mount point and it had filled my SSD mounted to /

I was very confused as my huge LVM group had TBs of space left. Once I figured it out and cleaned up the mess, I restarted the sabnzbd service and it was fine.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sedative posted:

That guy's a moron who's saying people shouldn't talk about usenet's existence at all. It's not the same thing. That's as stupid as saying we shouldn't mention bit torrent at all.

These indexers just want to stay under the radar like a private torrent tracker would want to.

Maybe the original poster but I was talking about indexers in that quote. Pathetic paranoia all around. Oh no can't say it on this here Somethingawful forums they'll find out and ban me! Oh no the government/copy right holders gonna find out about our secret club and target us. (as if they don't already know about the "secret" club)

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 22, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Hey yall, I've been doing Usenet forever, but I just got a gigabit FTTH connection and unfortunately it doesn't look like Newsgroup Ninja allows you to cap out on their service (despite saying UNLIMITED SPEED yeah sure guys). My current cap hovers around 60 megabytes/second.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get full gigabit speeds on Usenet? I'm using the max connections.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Taima posted:

Hey yall, I've been doing Usenet forever, but I just got a gigabit FTTH connection and unfortunately it doesn't look like Newsgroup Ninja allows you to cap out on their service (despite saying UNLIMITED SPEED yeah sure guys). My current cap hovers around 60 megabytes/second.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get full gigabit speeds on Usenet? I'm using the max connections.

I just got a gigabit line as well and I've never seen speeds over 40-45 Mbps....I've been wondering if any of my configuration is messed up (or if I'm being ripped off by AT&T) but I don't know enough about these things to troubleshoot it effectively.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009
I'm using NZBGet and NewzgroupDirect and I saw 80-90 MB/s on my 1 Gbps FTTH. Usually around 60-70 mark when i look which is not often since they're come so quickly anyway. A speedtest should tell you your maximum speed. If you don't reach it with your usenet provider then its on them (and whatever else you have going on at the same time).

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

In the Download Queue settings there's Skip Write option which you can use for a throughput test. I can get 60-70MB/s from Newsdemon in this mode and 80-90 when I add another server download provider. With regular setup also look for settings to not par-check or unpack while downloading - this effectively single streams the steps for everything in the queue to remove the disk/cpu bottlenecks and get each individual download completed ASAP. I also see a difference between by NAS and PC - the NAS has no SSD and lower power CPU, it'll run at ~40-50MB/s versus the PC 60-70.

Decairn fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 23, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't get it. Like I added the anime category to sonarrs nzbhydras connection and it improved my grab rate. Now that sounds obvious and should make sense but the thing is it improved it beyond what it was when I wasn't using nzbhydra. Pretty sure I had the anime category setup before on the indexers but I am an idiot so maybe I didn't (or not enough of them).

Sonarr changes the file structure it searches for (1x01 (01) instead of s01e01) if you have you selected anime in the dropdown however it seems to only search for things in the anime category as well. Of course if you don't have that category in your indexer connection then it just does nothing because it's dumb. Warn me maybe? Say something? Communicate yeah? Why it doesn't try the 1x01 if it can't find anything with s01e01 (no anime category needed) I don't know. Perhaps it should force the 5070 category on all indexers when you're searching for anime.

I also added 5000, not that I think it did anything. Maybe Sonarr just improved something from the last time I tried to grab these files.

My other issues still stand but this one appears to be mainly my fault. I do realize admitting this will make the "is it plugged it posters?" totally feel vindicated, but please realize your posts didn't actual help me.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Duck and Cover posted:

but please realize your posts didn't actual help me.

I'm sure everyone is broke up about this.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Anyone having issues with incompletes on NewsDemon? I'm running into things like 50 to 99 blocks short on a wide range of different downloads.

Edit: Sab reports it downloads 100% correctly.

Violator fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 23, 2019

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Hey thread, why does it take so many words to write "butt-hurt"?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Since i've recently moved to a compute stick, I was planning to leave it on all the time.

As such I was wondering what the best remote access setup was? Like mobile apps and such or whatever.

Are there any or is it more of a web browser type of setup that's recommended?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

nzb360 is a really good mobile app.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Thermopyle posted:

I second that. However, I'll also direct praise to the mobile web interfaces of NZBget, Radarr and Sonarr.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They’re ok but they could be improved. Manually importing, searching shows etc is often cut off and awkward.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 25, 2019

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

It's the only thing I miss from Android, such a great app. I'm using nzbUnity now on iOS and it's really good but the interface is a bit more cumbersome.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What's this SUPERSIZE tag I've started seeing a lot? (its not new tho, just recently started running into it) Usually seems to be blueray and the like with absurdly small filesizes, is it legit or something i should block?

Automated system hasn't actually grabbed anything like it yet, just seen them in manual searches.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Anyone who's on unraid and accessing their server remotely, what do you do security wise? VPN? Something else?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
VPN (usually OpenVPN AS) are loved by the Unraid community and they're a good choice. Personally I SSH (with pubkey auth) into raspberry Pi on the same network and tunnel from that to Unraid (which annoyingly doesn't easily support pubkey auth, and the community seems reticent about it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not sure exactly what the policy on links to indexers is but there is a private (minor) one open for registrations today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/

Top post at the moment.