Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

They probably have a perfectly good stool in the other room, Cio just insists on using books for everything because it's on brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Come on Allison. March into the arena arm in arm with Cio and White Chain, announce your "Mysterious Stranger" name as "Kill 6 Billion Demons", and watch Swolloman die of shock

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

habeasdorkus posted:

New comic!

I... did not expect Nyave to be the one who kept Our Dear Hero on the path of Furious Dumbass.

Also, I don't think Nyave is advocating Furious Dumbassery here as much as stating that just because you might not be able to defeat the Big Bad doesn't mean your actions won't accomplish anything.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if anyone has tried to draw a drop of Solomon's blood on a piece of paper.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Draw and draw are not homonyms in Universal Metaconstant

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

PoultryGeist posted:

Also, I don't think Nyave is advocating Furious Dumbassery here as much as stating that just because you might not be able to defeat the Big Bad doesn't mean your actions won't accomplish anything.

I agree that she's not necessarily advocating Furious Dumbassery and instead focusing on Being A Big drat Hero, but since it's Allison the exhortation has essentially that effect because Al knows no other way to act.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Bilirubin posted:

Come on Allison. March into the arena arm in arm with Cio and White Chain, announce your "Mysterious Stranger" name as "Kill 6 Billion Demons", and watch Swolloman die of shock

Does she even know the significance of that name? She heard it from Zoss, but I'm not sure she groked what he was going on about.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Brought To You By posted:

Well now I don't know why Princess is so cross because she also got to suplex a guy into a canal.

Princess loves being angry. That's when she's happiest.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 30, 2019

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

YaketySass posted:

Does she even know the significance of that name? She heard it from Zoss, but I'm not sure she groked what he was going on about.

She'll decide she needs a ring name and pick KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS because she heard it once.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Nyave is being a little myopic here: "Sure, you may have reignited the universal war and set in motion terrible events that we do not yet know the full consequences of, but really the important part is that I didn't die."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm gonna assume she's not done with her statement yet and that's not her entire reasoning.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"Hesitation is defeat" now triggers an immediate Sekiro final boss flashback for me. I wonder if Abbadon played it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd say it's more likely that she uses Magister Usagi again than that she uses K6BD already, but everyone already knows it's her, there's no reason to not just be Al-YIS-UN.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Uhhh guys

guys

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Uhhh guys

guys

I'm honestly not sure what you want to imply. Is it that some of these women look somewhat similar?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Just that she's living in a sorority house again. Ok, it was less of a revelation and just something that amused me.

What's really great though is Cio standing on a book. Love that detail.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh poo poo, she is living in a sorority house again. What a great little parallel.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Uhhh guys

guys

IS THAT A loving BINDI

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It always struck me how hostile her roommates came off in that sequence. I dunno if that was intended or if they were meant to come off more as concerned.

Also holy poo poo they invaded her room fast, wow

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It always struck me how hostile her roommates came off in that sequence. I dunno if that was intended or if they were meant to come off more as concerned.

Also holy poo poo they invaded her room fast, wow

I think the intent is concerned, nervous and from Allison's perspective, overwhelming.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So if she makes one more friend she'll be in an exact reconstruction of her former situation.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

So if she makes one more friend she'll be in an exact reconstruction of her former situation.

Oh good, then Maya fits right in.

A guy can dream

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I want her to be friends with Gog-agog!

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

A guy can dream

Oh man, that would be great. But my thinking is she won't join the fuming idiot squad. Just look at the prophecy, Jags and Maya look like they're separate powers that have the same goals as our heroes. Looking back at it now, it also looks like Zoss is gonna get some well deserved asskicking, which is totally cool with me. Because gently caress that guy.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
Really digging Gog-agog btw, what a great freakshow. A one worm circus and monkey.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Gally posted:

I want her to be friends with Gog-agog!

No supplication required, just consume worm and enjoy!

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

habeasdorkus posted:

I agree that she's not necessarily advocating Furious Dumbassery and instead focusing on Being A Big drat Hero, but since it's Allison the exhortation has essentially that effect because Al knows no other way to act.

Hmmmmm...

...yeah checks out.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

She'll even echo the roommate sitting on the bed.

"Can we talk about this sword?"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Draadnagel posted:

Oh man, that would be great. But my thinking is she won't join the fuming idiot squad. Just look at the prophecy, Jags and Maya look like they're separate powers that have the same goals as our heroes. Looking back at it now, it also looks like Zoss is gonna get some well deserved asskicking, which is totally cool with me. Because gently caress that guy.

I think you're reading a bit too much into Maya's placement on there. And I have NO idea where you're getting the part about Zoss...?

As for Maya not joining an idiot squad... Bit late for that, I think, she seems to be leading a much bigger one.

Edit: It occurs to me that Nyave is basically advocating what Meti was trying to teach Maya: don't overthink it, if something needs doing, do it. Sadly Maya herself is lamenting not having learned that session, as she rots and contemplates death instead of enacting her revenge (or whatever she calls it).

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 30, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think you're reading a bit too much into Maya's placement on there. And I have NO idea where you're getting the part about Zoss...?

Zoss is the dude directly under Allison

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Juggs is going to enter the tournament.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

6 Juggalo Christ Superstar v. Allison would be super rad.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I was about to post "one of the contestants just straight up shows up with a gun" but then I remembered one of them is bringing two

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Imagine the countless ways contestants have tried to make SolDav bleed.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Zoss is the dude directly under Allison

Yes, I know, but how does his position on the prophecy suggest an rear end kicking?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yes, I know, but how does his position on the prophecy suggest an rear end kicking?

They're opposite each other. If I looked at the prophesy image without context and you asked me who the antagonist is, I'd probably point to Zoss. Granted, based on positioning alone I'd also probably say that Jags was an ally of the protagonists, so it's probably a bad idea to infer too much based on positioning.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

YaketySass posted:

Imagine the countless ways contestants have tried to make SolDav bleed.

"Here's a poem I wrote my freshman year of high school.

Darkness. Complete.
Soul. Empty.
Pain? Inexorable.
I am the lost one.
I am the fallen.
I-"

S.David: Stop, no. The tournament's over. You win. But I'm going to kill you anyway.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Allison spring boards off his corpse

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ThaumPenguin posted:

I was about to post "one of the contestants just straight up shows up with a gun" but then I remembered one of them is bringing two

You fool, you plebian, you absolute melon.

You think that Layla Brimstone, Gun Witch, would only bring two guns with her into the Kumite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dr Subterfuge posted:

They're opposite each other. If I looked at the prophesy image without context and you asked me who the antagonist is, I'd probably point to Zoss. Granted, based on positioning alone I'd also probably say that Jags was an ally of the protagonists, so it's probably a bad idea to infer too much based on positioning.

Jagge is imo, at least the same amount. Same goals to blow away the other 6

Zoss precedes the new king. If they were enemies they would face each other, but instead zoss punches thru first

The new king k6bd will scatter all the rest away outta the picture, including Maya and the old king, and jagg, who are down with it. Probably white chain and cio too