Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Finished off Chernobyl.

I loved GoT, but after how long that took and how messy it got, it feels really good to get a TV show able to do a hell of a job telling a story in just five episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ether Frenzy posted:

I've played Dark Souls 2 through at least 15 times. But all the games are great.

I'm playing through the first one for the first time

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Congrats, it's the best one and playing it for the first time is an incredible experience. Enjoy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found out a dude grabbed a coworkers rear end at work last week. Twice. Then he brought a gun to work.

His punishment was being moved to first shift. We're all very confused.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Found out a dude grabbed a coworkers rear end at work last week. Twice. Then he brought a gun to work.

His punishment was being moved to first shift. We're all very confused.

Well, you know ow how to change shifts now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Well, you know ow how to change shifts now.

Who knew it was that easy.

Fucker was home schooled, it explains so much.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Finished off Chernobyl.

I loved GoT, but after how long that took and how messy it got, it feels really good to get a TV show able to do a hell of a job telling a story in just five episodes.

Now listen to the podcast!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Why in the gently caress am I looking at Porsches?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Because you want to spend more in options than on the car itself?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I should clarify air-cooled 911s.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Adiabatic posted:

because you have a lot of money that you want to spend for some reason?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KillHour posted:

Because you want to spend more in options repairs than on the car itself?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Why not look at a well cared for P2 instead.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Finished off Chernobyl.

I need to watch that, but yeah I'm finding mini-series to be my favorite TV format now. HBO has a lot of them and they generally knock it out of the park. Like True Detective S1 was phenomenal. And even though they're kind of chick-flicky I thoroughly enjoyed Big Little Lies and Sharp Objects.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

https://youtu.be/bm4zI_NRn-g

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah this. My retirement portfolio is 100% beanie baby futures.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You're a fool! Pokemon cards are only going up.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

T-Square posted:

There's a podcast?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dark souls is VERY good, I've got a Big Fucken Sord as my main, a sorcery build I'm running for co op with a friend, and a gimmick boss order cheese build.

Need to make time to play again, it's so loving good

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Why in the gently caress am I looking at Porsches?
Because you hate money

Adiabatic posted:

Because you REALLY hate money

LloydDobler posted:

I need to watch that, but yeah I'm finding mini-series to be my favorite TV format now. HBO has a lot of them and they generally knock it out of the park. Like True Detective S1 was phenomenal. And even though they're kind of chick-flicky I thoroughly enjoyed Big Little Lies and Sharp Objects.
Watched True Detective S1 a couple weekends ago, was really impressed. Watched Good Omens last weekend and enjoyed it almost as much as the book.

Lola goes for cage updates tomorrow! Hopefully this guy is right about it taking around a week because once it gets home reassembly starts! might start a thread at that point too

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

NitroSpazzz posted:

Watched True Detective S1 a couple weekends ago, was really impressed.

Skip S2 because it's utter horrible dog poo poo. S3 is pretty decent and similar in feel (but not quite as good) as S1.

Adiabatic posted:

Have you driven one? I was not fond of the tiny pedal box and odd interior layout of switches, etc. I couldn't even heel/toe it but drat if it didn't sound and look amazing.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 4, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T-Square posted:

There's a -

mariooncrack posted:

There's a podcast?

poo poo, beaten

Adiabatic posted:

Because you have fantastic taste and want to torch money.

God I want one. I want the bubble to burst, so bad.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KillHour posted:

You're a fool! Pokemon cards are only going up.
Check out what I found at goodwill the other day

T-Square
May 14, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

There's a podcast?

IOwnCalculus posted:

There's a -

poo poo, beaten

Yep! It's with the show's writer and producer, there's a podcast episode for each episode of the mini-series where he transparently discusses things that were a little embellished for TV, things that were real according to all of the accounts they researched, even MORE hosed up stuff that happened that they left out of the show, and scenes they shot but ultimately left out. It's just called The Chernobyl Podcast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

And you bought that right?

RIGHT

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

please tell me you bought it

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

please tell me you bought it

I couldn't.

Something about paying $12 for someone ELSE'S childhood seemed wrong and dirty.

Maybe if I never saw the pogs that said JOSHUA on them, it wouldn't be so bad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I couldn't.

Something about paying $12 for someone ELSE'S childhood seemed wrong and dirty.

Maybe if I never saw the pogs that said JOSHUA on them, it wouldn't be so bad.

The gently caress go back and buy that and I will PayPal you for it and the trouble to go fetch it and I am in no way joking, 100% super serious.

In other very serious news the Rugger sold today. Had it since December, the price I had it at was so high and I was getting so little interest that I figured I might as well just keep it. Just as soon as I settle with that thought and start gathering everything to refinish the wheels and get some rad decals made a retired naval engineer from Pensacola contacts me and wants to see it. Comes by today, pays full price. :negative:
He was stationed in Indonesia which is the mecca for Daihatsus and saw them all the time, naturally he has good taste and wanted the Rugger for his own.
I'll probably never see another mint condition 15k~ mile one ever again but I'm glad I got to enjoy it for the time I did.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Nice. Talk about finding a great "Wow this new artist/author I just learned about has a huge catalog" set of games you'll be enjoying for a long time.
Speaking of, I just finally read some Martin Amis and now I'm hooked. ("Money" to start, now reading "Lionel Asbo")

Fender Anarchist posted:

Dark souls is VERY good, I've got a Big Fucken Sord as my main, a sorcery build I'm running for co op with a friend, and a gimmick boss order cheese build.

Need to make time to play again, it's so loving good

I can't keep myself from immediately doing gimmick naked runs to get the Gravelord Sword/kill the boss that gives you the best headgear in the game within the first 5 minutes of any new run.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I can't keep myself from immediately doing gimmick naked runs to get the Gravelord Sword/kill the boss that gives you the best headgear in the game within the first 5 minutes of any new run.

That's the best part about Dark Souls games. Beat it once normally then do progressively dumber builds. I struggle getting all the way through before starting a second and third character usually.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

KakerMix posted:

The gently caress go back and buy that and I will PayPal you for it and the trouble to go fetch it and I am in no way joking, 100% super serious.

In other very serious news the Rugger sold today. Had it since December, the price I had it at was so high and I was getting so little interest that I figured I might as well just keep it. Just as soon as I settle with that thought and start gathering everything to refinish the wheels and get some rad decals made a retired naval engineer from Pensacola contacts me and wants to see it. Comes by today, pays full price. :negative:
He was stationed in Indonesia which is the mecca for Daihatsus and saw them all the time, naturally he has good taste and wanted the Rugger for his own.
I'll probably never see another mint condition 15k~ mile one ever again but I'm glad I got to enjoy it for the time I did.

I went back the next day and it was already gone. sorry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah no poo poo, that was $150 at least worth of reselling nostalgia.

Oh well!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Have you driven one? I was not fond of the tiny pedal box and odd interior layout of switches, etc. I couldn't even heel/toe it but drat if it didn't sound and look amazing.

I have not driven one. I really really very want to drive one but nobody in their right mind would let me unless I were very serious I imagine.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

I'm not seeing an issue with this?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Update:

They fired the dude after we left and now we have active shooter drills tomorrow and there's two cops patrolling the area.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Reset the Rhyno Drama board to 0.

:ssh: Without it our monthly chat would be boring. Please continue to feed us.

I am pretty sure I have my slammers from my POG days in my childhood box of stuff. It’s been pared down a lot over the years but those are there. I am pretty sure I have some Power Rangers ones too because those were intersecting in hype factor about the same time for my age.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm not seeing an issue with this?

The issue is that 1991 NSX's are totally in that price range too :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

god loving dammit

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

Update:

They fired the dude after we left and now we have active shooter drills tomorrow and there's two cops patrolling the area.

Not to get into gun control and Americans, etc, but that's loving horrible that you need to do active shooter drills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

Not to get into gun control and Americans, etc, but that's loving horrible that you need to do active shooter drills.

I fully agree. They advised us to not go to our cars for anything for the duration of our shift tonight just to be on the safe side.