Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Buy me killdozer or go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The killdozer incident just has it all for GBS: there's a dozer, there's a weird boomer inside it, and he's mad about poop. Somebody already linked to the donoteat video so I'll just second watching that.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

One of my pet peeves with living in Colorado is that people are so nice, generally speaking, that other people don't feel like they'll ever face consequences for their actions. And so you've got people out there who do some really petty poo poo, that you might not pull elsewhere out of fear of dealing with crazy people.

A good example of this was someone wrote on my windshield in sharpie "nice parking job rear end in a top hat". Now to this day, none of us can figure out what they thought I did wrong in terms of parking, the car was legit just in a line of other cars, not parked closely or anything. But more importantly, what if I were a crazy person that showed up as you were doing that and just went nuts and started shooting. That's why you don't deface stranger's property, you just don't know who you're dealing with. But everyone has this expectation of "no consequences because they live in a "nice state".

Now, was the killdozer guy right? Was a hero for his actions? No, he was insane, and probably had pissed off a lot of people leading up to that event. But that's why you don't pick fights with people that might be crazy, because they're prone to doing crazy poo poo. In no way should anyone condone what he did, but..... well I'm willing to bet the people on that city council wish they had been a little more accommodating to that guy, even if he was an rear end in a top hat.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Can't hose the 'doze

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Biohazard posted:

Now, was the killdozer guy right? Was a hero for his actions? No

Incorrect.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Biohazard posted:

One of my pet peeves with living in Colorado is that people are so nice, generally speaking, that other people don't feel like they'll ever face consequences for their actions. And so you've got people out there who do some really petty poo poo, that you might not pull elsewhere out of fear of dealing with crazy people.

A good example of this was someone wrote on my windshield in sharpie "nice parking job rear end in a top hat". Now to this day, none of us can figure out what they thought I did wrong in terms of parking, the car was legit just in a line of other cars, not parked closely or anything. But more importantly, what if I were a crazy person that showed up as you were doing that and just went nuts and started shooting. That's why you don't deface stranger's property, you just don't know who you're dealing with. But everyone has this expectation of "no consequences because they live in a "nice state".

Now, was the killdozer guy right? Was a hero for his actions? No, he was insane, and probably had pissed off a lot of people leading up to that event. But that's why you don't pick fights with people that might be crazy, because they're prone to doing crazy poo poo. In no way should anyone condone what he did, but..... well I'm willing to bet the people on that city council wish they had been a little more accommodating to that guy, even if he was an rear end in a top hat.

When you do confrontational stuff in the more rural areas of America, you also run the risk of getting shot dead by some redneck who thinks he's standing his ground because you got up in his face about something.

"Oh, you're yelling at me?"

*empties magazine into person and claims self defense*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Killdozer guy was a giant piece of poo poo and the fact that he didn't kill anyone is due to his own incompetence rather than lack of trying (he had gun turrets built in fyi)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in 2019 there still remain people who would doubt the wisdom of a man who would become more than a man in making such a thing as the killdozer. shaking my head

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biohazard posted:

OnNow, was the killdozer guy right? Was a hero for his actions? No, he was insane, and probably had pissed off a lot of people leading up to that event. But that's why you don't pick fights with people that might be crazy, because they're prone to doing crazy poo poo. In no way should anyone condone what he did, but..... well I'm willing to bet the people on that city council wish they had been a little more accommodating to that guy, even if he was an rear end in a top hat.

the city council and the private group he was feuding with bent over backwards to accommodate him. watch donoteats vid

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
RIP libertarian hero that got mad because he couldn't dump raw sewage into a ditch, and had to build his own sewer connection

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Deki posted:

You cant just throw that out there and not elaborate.

if you believe the guys narrative about only wronging those who wronged him why did he take down the public library? they kick him off the internet to many times while he was researching his plans? charge him late fees when he was only an hour late returning how to weaponize your bulldozer? He clearly had a plan and i dont believe that people were in danger with how slow he was moving especially the children in said library but the library was innocent he is just an insane libertarian who targeted other buisness owners people who taxed him and where his tax went.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
marvin may have been a piece of poo poo, but I will not listen to the slander against the killdozer

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Libertarians vs Librarians

3, 2, 1, FIGHT!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont forget him bulldozing some trees in front of a local restaurant because his crazy friend owned it and claimed the trees were hurting his business lol

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

DrPossum posted:

marvin may have been a piece of poo poo, but I will not listen to the slander against the killdozer

Oh yes: man was a shithead for sure, but you can't argue he made a hell of a machine.

Does make me think: there have been a few cases of people going postal with armoured machines, including tanks. Are there plans in place to stop them the next time it happens? Do Ponch and Jon have javelin missiles in their motocycle panniers?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I celebrate the machine and its construction but not the acts it was involved in for it cared not for the feelings of it's operator, namaste

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This thread should serve well to weed out the dweebs who need swirlies in GBS.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shut up Meg posted:

Oh yes: man was a shithead for sure, but you can't argue he made a hell of a machine.

Does make me think: there have been a few cases of people going postal with armoured machines, including tanks. Are there plans in place to stop them the next time it happens? Do Ponch and Jon have javelin missiles in their motocycle panniers?

i mean you'd think that those fuckin' army surplus armored vehicles the cops get would be decent for roadblocking a non-tank armored vehicle, but it wouldn't surprise me if they chickened out and just held back and ineffectually plinked at it

theoretically you could call the national guard out to bring rockets or something but my guess is that by the time they get everything in place the driver's probably going to have run out of fuel. even if that's not the case it wouldn't surprise me if it's considered safer to just let the tank run out of fuel than fire anti-tank weapons within city limits, they're not infallible and you really don't want to have a stray shot

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mods, please embed Rick Derringer’s “Real American” as the background music for this thread

E. VVV lmao

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 4, 2019

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqi5pWlmTgk

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Blast of Confetti posted:

the city council and the private group he was feuding with bent over backwards to accommodate him. watch donoteats vid

Hmmm yup. Consider me corrected. Sounds like the dude was a selfish bigot who got pissed when the people he was trying to scam just found another way.

I stand by my statements about Colorado tho.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i mean you'd think that those fuckin' army surplus armored vehicles the cops get would be decent for roadblocking a non-tank armored vehicle, but it wouldn't surprise me if they chickened out and just held back and ineffectually plinked at it

theoretically you could call the national guard out to bring rockets or something but my guess is that by the time they get everything in place the driver's probably going to have run out of fuel. even if that's not the case it wouldn't surprise me if it's considered safer to just let the tank run out of fuel than fire anti-tank weapons within city limits, they're not infallible and you really don't want to have a stray shot

There was that guy back in the 90's who stole a tank from an armory and drove it all over LA. The police just followed him as best they could and finally tried to apprehend him once he high centered the tank on a highway divider. Apparently, he tried to resist or had a weapon and they had to shoot him but otherwise they would've taken him alive.

I think a large bulldozer would be harder to take out, and would also do more damage to structures since they're purpose built to move large amounts of dirt, rocks etc and are also good at destroying stuff apparently :killdozer:

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Blast of Confetti posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

Poop really plays a central role in this story.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the city filed a useless form for him before he met the requirements and they gave him an extension for something
how docheff bent over backwards is mainly docheffs word against no one

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

When you do confrontational stuff in the more rural areas of America, you also run the risk of getting shot dead by some redneck who thinks he's standing his ground because you got up in his face about something.

"Oh, you're yelling at me?"

*empties magazine into person and claims self defense*

"You better quit threatenin'."

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

DrPossum posted:

The thing about finding out that Marvin was an rear end in a top hat is it doesn't detract from the fact that the city council were assholes hiding behind bureaucratic 'theres nothing we can do'ism after being all lovely by allowing that concrete plant to trod all over his poo poo once he decided to turn down that kinda paltry 250k.

In the end, a bunch of assholes pissed off another rear end in a top hat and the result is we got to watch him wreck poo poo with an armored bulldozer.

God bless Killdozer day.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Maybe Killdozer was a crazy boomer rear end in a top hat, but in a small middle american town who isn't? What lily white, podunk city council isn't full of and petty tyrants and corrupt profiteers? What small town cops aren't bastards?

America as a whole deserves a killdozering.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so basically the story is about a bunch of assholes and a cool bulldozer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Someone run a Killdozer through this loving thread.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why is it called Killdozer if it didn’t kill?

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

The thing about finding out that Marvin was an rear end in a top hat is it doesn't detract from the fact that the city council were assholes hiding behind bureaucratic 'theres nothing we can do'ism after being all lovely by allowing that concrete plant to trod all over his poo poo once he decided to turn down that kinda paltry 250k.

In the end, a bunch of assholes pissed off another rear end in a top hat and the result is we got to watch him wreck poo poo with an armored bulldozer.

God bless Killdozer day.

He bought the lot for 42k and then filled a ditch with turds

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

big nipples big life posted:

so basically the story is about a bunch of assholes and a cool bulldozer.

More like one giant rear end in a top hat, a cool bulldozer and an amazing amount of poop.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
And he turned down multiple offers, not one. He kept upping his offer after they'd meet each one.

Also he turned down other offers of remediation, like a parcel swap or the cement company allowing him to hook his sewage to theirs, on their dime.

Not to mention that a lot of this goes back to him just being pissed the city wouldn't pay for him to add sewer access to his land before the cement factory thing even really started.

Basically everyone else around him was accommodating as hell and he was a dick about it. I'm sure there is plenty of "the truth is in the middle" bullshit mixed in, but he was an rear end in a top hat. He also sounded literally insane and thought this was some kind of religious mission.

Killdozer is still rad as hell, but the pilot is an rear end in a top hat

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Millions of Crows posted:

Maybe Killdozer was a crazy boomer rear end in a top hat, but in a small middle american town who isn't? What lily white, podunk city council isn't full of and petty tyrants and corrupt profiteers? What small town cops aren't bastards?

America as a whole deserves a killdozering.

:hai:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:killdozer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSi-1-2ndVQ

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

All hail Beef Supreme

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

And he turned down multiple offers, not one. He kept upping his offer after they'd meet each one.

Also he turned down other offers of remediation, like a parcel swap or the cement company allowing him to hook his sewage to theirs, on their dime.

Not to mention that a lot of this goes back to him just being pissed the city wouldn't pay for him to add sewer access to his land before the cement factory thing even really started.

Basically everyone else around him was accommodating as hell and he was a dick about it. I'm sure there is plenty of "the truth is in the middle" bullshit mixed in, but he was an rear end in a top hat. He also sounded literally insane and thought this was some kind of religious mission.

Good points, but the fact that they offered him so much initially was a good indication that the land was really valuable to the cement company, and he had nothing to lose by upping his counter offer. When it got to the 1 million mark, he was probably just being stubborn though.

The sewage thing can be chalked up to principals. Why should he have to make any kind of agreement with the cement company, and then be forced to take their sewage charity?

IDK how much of the counter arguments are valid, but I'm sure we're still getting the light beer version from the city after the fact. Sure his killdozer response was crazy(and loving rad as hell), but there was a slow burn of assholery where a simple dude just wanted to run a muffler shop and be able to flush his toilet but some cement company wanted to build next to him so he didn't matter anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wilderthanmild posted:

Said like that, this sounds like the plot to a forgotten 90s mecha anime.