Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhopunzel posted:

Can anyone give me the rundown on why Pedro's a sympathetic character, because everything I've seen makes him and his family look like total jerks.

The first vid I saw was the classic where he karate kicked their table on the way out, and then some clip where he takes her to the DR and has his mom and sister berate her. And then it turns out his mom runs a mail order bride service? How can anyone justify that and still say he's the good guy?

Chantal's mom chanting in broken boomer-spanish while holding his sister's hair extensions will never stop being hilarious though

Pedro has his share of the blame but The Family Chantel hated him from the start and a large part of that was because Chantel was too scared to say they were engaged and then refused to take responsibility for the fallout. They take every opportunity to start a fight with him and Chantel does nothing to stick up for him and basically poo poo talks him to his face any time they meet or talk with anyone. Mama Chantel invited him to Thanksgiving but brought a taser. Any time he's attempted to have an actual conversation with The Parents Chantel about their issues River the Snake or Chantel will pull the you can't talk to them like that show respect card and everyone shuts down

His family sucks too but they are catty mean instead of outright bitches. Passive aggressive chicken feet being served instead of refusing to get out of the car because their host is cooking dinner in a giant pot outside of a shack in the woods. The berating thing was actually needed because their message was that if she wasn't going to love or support her husband then they should call it off. And Chantel blew the whole conversation up because of a mistranslation on her part and then refused to apologise or acknowledge she called someone a bitch rear end slut rear end whore

Pedro karate kicked the Costco appetizer platter because Mama Chantel was aggressively trying to start a fight at the dinner table with Pedro's sister. When Pedro tried telling Mama Chantel to stop starting poo poo River The Snake called him the n word and smacked the light fixture. Basically Pedro was pissed because he felt the whole family attacked him and his sister. Funnily enough Father Chantel gave no fucks about anything until the food was kicked over.

But the real reason why is that he has a sick rear end gaming rig

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
90 Day Fiance is mostly about the devolution of Pedro from a happy outgoing person to a shell of a man riddled by paranoia and anger, like the shining but instead of a typewriter its a sweet gaming rig

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

WhyteRyce posted:

Pedro has his share of the blame but The Family Chantel hated him from the start and a large part of that was because Chantel was too scared to say they were engaged and then refused to take responsibility for the fallout. They take every opportunity to start a fight with him and Chantel does nothing to stick up for him and basically poo poo talks him to his face any time they meet or talk with anyone. Mama Chantel invited him to Thanksgiving but brought a taser. Any time he's attempted to have an actual conversation with The Parents Chantel about their issues River the Snake or Chantel will pull the you can't talk to them like that show respect card and everyone shuts down

His family sucks too but they are catty mean instead of outright bitches. Passive aggressive chicken feet being served instead of refusing to get out of the car because their host is cooking dinner in a giant pot outside of a shack in the woods. The berating thing was actually needed because their message was that if she wasn't going to love or support her husband then they should call it off. And Chantel blew the whole conversation up because of a mistranslation on her part and then refused to apologise or acknowledge she called someone a bitch rear end slut rear end whore

Pedro karate kicked the Costco appetizer platter because Mama Chantel was aggressively trying to start a fight at the dinner table with Pedro's sister. When Pedro tried telling Mama Chantel to stop starting poo poo River The Snake called him the n word and smacked the light fixture. Basically Pedro was pissed because he felt the whole family attacked him and his sister. Funnily enough Father Chantel gave no fucks about anything until the food was kicked over.

But the real reason why is that he has a sick rear end gaming rig

I feel like he lost all sympathy when he kicked the table. It was funny as hell but if I walked into an ambush like that I'd just try to leave once I knew what was up instead of responding to any violence in kind.

Her family does sound super controlling though. Being with someone who always puts their family before you is really, really annoying and isolating.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Another spinoff show, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way, started airing tonight. It's about Americans going to foreign countries and it has Paul (the dude that keeps a lock of his mom's hair with him) and Karine as one of the couples. The other couples shown so far tonight are a sixty year old lady moving to India to marry a 30 year old call center worker who initially catfished her, an American woman going to South Africa to marry a dude with a gambling addiction and a huge rap sheet, and an American Mormon dude moving to Ecuador for a girl who thinks Mormonism is a cult.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The first half of next weeks episode is up online and Nicole appears to be breaking down

And Andrei is devolving into angry cave man

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WhyteRyce posted:

The first half of next weeks episode is up online and Nicole appears to be breaking down

you know she won't go full cray, the network would never let their cash cow actually break down

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Chantal is low key one of the worst people on the show. She has no loyalty and will badmouth you to a stranger on the street if it makes her look good. Pedro is cool but he's finally losing it after being with her so long.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

you know she won't go full cray, the network would never let their cash cow actually break down

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Pun intended

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

gret posted:

sixty year old lady moving to India to marry a 30 year old call center worker who initially catfished her

i have big faith in this show and this lady in particualr

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

gret posted:

Another spinoff show, 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way, started airing tonight. It's about Americans going to foreign countries and it has Paul (the dude that keeps a lock of his mom's hair with him) and Karine as one of the couples. The other couples shown so far tonight are a sixty year old lady moving to India to marry a 30 year old call center worker who initially catfished her, an American woman going to South Africa to marry a dude with a gambling addiction and a huge rap sheet, and an American Mormon dude moving to Ecuador for a girl who thinks Mormonism is a cult.

I didn't watch much of the show, but it did have one amazing moment.

The 60 year old woman met with some friends to explain that she was moving to India, and the producers must have asked two of her friends something like "What do you think about her dating a much younger man?" One friend had a pretty standard response. But the other woman?

"I think it's really weird to date someone so young. And believe me, I've had the opportunity MANY MANY times, but I always turned them down."

I'm betting this woman never shows up again but that was an amazingly hilarious moment of boasting.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

i have big faith in this show and this lady in particualr

Honestly, I fast-forwarded through most of her sections; that situation is just a little too cringey for me. Paul and Karine’s slow-moving disaster is what I’m here for. I’m actually rooting for the South African couple (her mom in particular seems pretty cool and I loved the “I didn’t know I was pregnant” crossover appeal. I found myself genuinely hoping he turns a corner with the gambling addiction); even though I’m pretty sure that’ll fall apart immediately. The scene in her lawyer’s office was particularly strong.
The Ecuadorian couple is also putting on a strong showing, in that he is building a magnificent sandcastle for her to kick over Godzilla-style. She is shaping up to be the South American Azan and I will drink deep of his Mormon tears

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just catching up with the second half of the new show and apparently Paul and his mother collectively cannot make the $26k a year to sponsor his wife

I don't know where he lives but that seems like... destitute.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Just catching up with the second half of the new show and apparently Paul and his mother collectively cannot make the $26k a year to sponsor his wife

Somewhere in Kentucky.

lol @ the tacticool bullet proof baby carrier thing.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
" pauol.. :( "

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Donovan Trip posted:

90 Day Fiance is mostly about the devolution of Pedro from a happy outgoing person to a shell of a man riddled by paranoia and anger, like the shining but instead of a typewriter its a sweet gaming rig

Sometimes you harvest the American Dollar, sometimes the American Dollar harvests you.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I think she does make enough, but she said like she was already sponsoring Paul and declined to sponsor Karine.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

tgacon posted:

Honestly, I fast-forwarded through most of her sections; that situation is just a little too cringey for me. Paul and Karine’s slow-moving disaster is what I’m here for. I’m actually rooting for the South African couple (her mom in particular seems pretty cool and I loved the “I didn’t know I was pregnant” crossover appeal. I found myself genuinely hoping he turns a corner with the gambling addiction); even though I’m pretty sure that’ll fall apart immediately. The scene in her lawyer’s office was particularly strong.
The Ecuadorian couple is also putting on a strong showing, in that he is building a magnificent sandcastle for her to kick over Godzilla-style. She is shaping up to be the South American Azan and I will drink deep of his Mormon tears

"im worried that he wont make the same money in the tiny ecuadorian village that im making him move to" :thunk:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

gret posted:

an American Mormon dude moving to Ecuador for a girl who thinks Mormonism is a cult.

Firstly, I mean she's not wrong, and secondly, is the Mormon dude Alan 2.0? Do I have to be scared?

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I don't watch this show but I fuckin' love reading this thread.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question regarding legalities and visas:

If any of the couples are having trouble bringing the non US partner over, could the producers sponsor the fiancee as a "TV performer", and get them over on a working visa?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I don't watch this show but I fuckin' love reading this thread.

whats stopping you at this point? you know you wanna

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Ritznit posted:

Firstly, I mean she's not wrong, and secondly, is the Mormon dude Alan 2.0? Do I have to be scared?

I want this to be a reverse-Alan situation where she un-converts him and they unmarry and he turns into one of those ayhuasca shamans

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Paul going :stare: when the lawyer said "$26k" was an incredible moment.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What does Paul do for a living? I imagine it's hard to find a livable wage as a felon.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

https://twitter.com/limalarissareal/status/1136371442289766401?s=12

Wow she’s looking hawt!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If you guys have access to TLC Go and don't mind feeling especially trashy than 90 Day Fiance Pillow Talk is amazing. David and Annie are fantastic and that blows my mind

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah Annie seemed super cool on the episodes I’ve seen her, but maybe I’ve missed a bad side of her? Girl seems genuinely funny as.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah Annie seemed super cool on the episodes I’ve seen her, but maybe I’ve missed a bad side of her? Girl seems genuinely funny as.

Annie has always been great. I thought David was only funny in a screwed up drunk talking penguin rear end Batman rear end ninja turtle rear end way and seemed like an obvious idiot. But on this he and Annie together are funny and he seems to have actual insight.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Annie and David are the only couple who actually seems to care and enjoy being around each other.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Annie and David are the only couple who actually seems to care and enjoy being around each other.

David is disgusting and needy and Annie is too nice.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Watching the first episode of the new Other Way show and there is no way this girl from Ecuador is 26. I need to see a birth certificate. She’s like mid 30s at least.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Watching the first episode of the new Other Way show and there is no way this girl from Ecuador is 26. I need to see a birth certificate. She’s like mid 30s at least.

Is this based on her nasolabial folds

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at this girl wanting to be with the South African gambling/drug/armed robbery addict. Whoooo boy.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
What else do u think about demon guy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Larissa spending the first ten minutes calling Coltee a pussy over and over is pretty powerful television

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

That Ecuador chick is using that idiot backwoods living whitey. It’s more of a trainwreck show than the original series.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hi I am Andre. I'm a handyman.
I am licensed in the following trades:

Please hire me. No I don't want free money from my father-in-law but he is also paying for my family's everything
I am a proud man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Piggy Smalls posted:

That Ecuador chick is using that idiot backwoods living whitey. It’s more of a trainwreck show than the original series.

I did like how he just hands her giant wads of cash