Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hwurmp posted:

If you can't do it in Windows Movie Maker it's not worth doing

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Hwurmp posted:

If you can't do it in Windows Movie Maker it's not worth doing

My very first LP - not done on SA, but still on my YouTube, was done in WMM. So I know it can be done. There are just better options out there.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
oretty much all my LPs were edited with WMM

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All of my X3 and a good chunk of my MGSV LP were done in WMM

gently caress that stupid program. I was actively losing my job to store closure and I still put up the 70 bucks to buy a copy of Adobe Premier Elements so I could stop using it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Test screenshot - this look OK?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Test screenshot - this look OK?

That looks quite good, yes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Who is Gwent? Let's Play the entire Witcher series blind!

When I told people that I was going to do a blind LP of the entire Witcher series, they told me to skip the first game. They told me that no one had ever finished a Witcher 1 LP on the entire subforum. They told me I would get stuck in some swamp for hours.

Let's see if I can prove them wrong.

This is going to be a megathread of all three Witcher games, in order. I know next to nothing about the entire series. I haven't played them. I haven't watched anyone else play them. I haven't read the book (or books? Are there more than one?). I know that they're RPGs, or maybe action-RPGs? Or maybe only the later ones are action-RPGs, I dunno. I don't think I've played anything else by CD Projekt Red either, assuming they have made games other than The Witcher ones, but I'm all aboard the Cyberpunk 2077 hype train. In fact, lots of people are onboard that train simply because of CDPR's track record with the Witcher series, so I figure I might as well finally play these and find out why. There WILL be editing, so if I do get stuck in a swamp for hours, there won't be hours of videos of me in a swamp.

It should go without saying for a blind LP, but there should be :siren: absolutely no spoilers of any kind! :siren:

The Witcher was released by CD Projekt Red in... jeez, October of 2007, and the Enhanced Edition in September 2008. Can you believe I waited this long to play it? I sure can't. This is going to be played using the Director's Cut patch/DLC, which uncensors whatever was censored in the North American release but not the rest of the world, so if there's anything too saucy I guess I'll just edit it in post. Going into it, here's what I know:
  • The main character is named Geralt.
  • There's a swamp that apparently I'm going to get stuck in for 20+ hours.
  • I should just go straight to Witcher 2 and not play this.
I guess because this is the oldest and least-well-regarded game in the series, nobody talks much about it.

Episodes:
Episode 1

---

So yeah, it feels like I haven't made an intro post in years, and this seems terribly short and poorly-written for a multi-game thread. Any suggestions for improvements are welcome.

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 29, 2019

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

I know next to nothing about the entire series. I haven't played them.

Same for me. And this LP might be an interesting way for me to find out about it.

But with this OP I'm not convinced. Why? Because I often decide whether I want to follow an LP based on whether I like the type of game. So, please add to the OP some general information you can tell us about this game, such as what genre is it and how does this game stand out compared to other games in this genre? What convinced you to LP this series, if you don't know much about the game yet? Any other general stuff you do know about the games?

Also, this is much less important, but in case you know: when was this Director's Cut edition released and what did it change?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

:staredog:

As the most recent person to fail to complete a Witcher 1 LP (in my defense, that was mostly because I got stuck in a metaphorical swamp in real life rather than the actual swamp in the game), I wish you luck on your journey.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

But with this OP I'm not convinced.

Thanks for the feedback. I made some edits, but I'm just unsure of how much to include because I don't want to look up too much ahead of time.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019
Personally I liked Witcher 1 a lot , I even bought the special edition when it came out later, I found the story really compelling and the atmosphere too. Its sort of aged poorly but I think its mediocre reputation is undeserved, when I played it I thought it was 9/10, one of the best RPGs ever. I also felt the C&C was consequential in that one, the ending changed quite a bit depending on what you did. That fortunately stayed for the next 2 games. I actually thought Witcher 2 was kind of casual when I first played it, it took me a while to like it!

Also, I was curious: would there be interest in an Alien:Isolation LP? It wont have any fake/over the top reactions or obnoxious behavior that big YT channels do , I just find horror games really interesting.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

NigelThornberry posted:

Also, I was curious: would there be interest in an Alien:Isolation LP? It wont have any fake/over the top reactions or obnoxious behavior that big YT channels do , I just find horror games really interesting.

make a test post of a sample update so we can see what you have in mind.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hey! I've got something special in the works: An interactive LP of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?... the 1991 gamebook, that is.

I just figured I'd run it by all of you first.

OP and Supplemental Materials Test Post: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=154297

Sample Entry: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=154298

Let me know what you think!

Please note that the content in the supplemental materials part is reproduced from the book with only a few typo fixes, so yes, I am aware of the anachronisms.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

(Check out the alternatives, do you like them more? 1 2 3

Introduction: What is this game?
Alien: Isolation developed by Creative Assembly and published by Sega in 2015 is a first person horror game that can be seen as a sequel to Ridley Scott’s original Alien (1979). You play as Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley, investigating your mother’s disappearance. The game’s setting is charming retro-futurism: computers still use DOS-like interfaces while AI has become so advanced that Weyland-Yutani androids are indistinguishable from a real human being. The main antagonist is the Xenomorph, a parasitic insect-creature which uses humans as it’s host. None of the weapons in the game are capable of killing it, instead you have to use your wits to avoid it even as it becomes smarter at finding you. The AI is the big selling point of this title: the Alien reacts to patterns in your behavior and starts wising up to your strategies: if you spend a lot of time in lockers it begins checking them more thoroughly, if you throw flares a lot the Alien will start ignoring them and if you overuse the flamethrower it will be scared off by it for shorter amounts of time.

So why play it?
This game is a trip to play it is utterly terrifying, the environment is a dimly-lit industrial maze of a space station. It’s claustrophobic, you never know where danger lurks and you are constantly being hunted by a creature that is way faster than you and kills you immediately when it catches you. It cannot be killed, only avoided. I would compare this title to Amnesia: The Dark Descent in the sense that it makes you feel nearly helpless against a danger you cannot fully understand and are actively advised to encounter as rarely as possible, even as the game forces you into closer and closer proximity with it.

What’s the story?
The set-up is similar to the Alien movie: the crew of the Aneisodora encounters a derelict ship on LV-426 , when investigating the structure they find an Engineer’s sarcophagus and then beneath it a chamber full of alien eggs. One member of the crew gets too close to the egg, looks inside of it and a facehugger latches onto their face. They then try to find help at a nearby space station called the Sevastopol and end up releasing the Xenomorph upon the unfortunate denizens of the station. Meanwhile, our protagonist Amanda Ripley is told by a Weyland-Yutani android (Samuels) that the Aneisodora recovered a flight recorder from the infamous Nostromo which starts her on a journey to investigate her mother’s disappearance. She joins Samuels on an expedition to try to recover the black box from Sevastopol Station, when she arrives there she finds the station a deserted state with the few remaining survivors turning on each other and rumors of an alien threat.

What are you going to be doing?
This will be done as a co-commentary, each video will be 10-20 minutes. There will be no over-the-top obnoxious reactions or screaming, but it probably will be pretty tense. Before starting I played just through the sections up to the first “real” encounter with the Alien, just to see what the game is like. Once we have to start avoiding the Xeno its totally fresh content for me. Editing will be moderate, where appropriate.

NigelThornberry fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 4, 2019

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Some time ago I asked about an LP of some weird game where you go to Hell and it's an office. Well, someone on one of the 'what's this game?' threads surprised me with a very late but very correct suggestion:

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I know you said you gave up but was it Pachinko Man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOxi4CjN8MA

Yay! Turns out I did remember some things wrong, and also I dunno if Tie made that video for a thread here, if not that's probably why nobody here knew what I was talking about.

Oheao
Apr 12, 2019

Nazi Punks Fuck Off!

I don't know if it's you or your co-host, but the mocking impersonation voice is kind of grating.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

Oheao posted:

I don't know if it's you or your co-host, but the mocking impersonation voice is kind of grating.

I get we're not for everyone, is the post itself ok?

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

NigelThornberry posted:

It wont have any fake/over the top reactions or obnoxious behavior that big YT channels do , I just find horror games really interesting.

Oheao posted:

NigelThornberry posted:

I get we're not for everyone, is the post itself ok?

I'm getting some mixed signals here.

Do you actually care about feedback on your video? (You should). People will care basically not at all about how your post looks and almost entirely about whether the video is enjoyable to watch. As is, I would recommend you redo the video and take a different approach - your current approach is kind of a whiff in terms of being watchable.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019

Olesh posted:

I'm getting some mixed signals here.

Do you actually care about feedback on your video? (You should). People will care basically not at all about how your post looks and almost entirely about whether the video is enjoyable to watch. As is, I would recommend you redo the video and take a different approach - your current approach is kind of a whiff in terms of being watchable.

Sure I am interested in highly specific feedback (i.e. not a "redo it cuse I dont like it") but in the end its still a couple of opinions on the internet . I prefer to do things one way and I really like it that way, you disagree and that's cool. I find 95% of LPs "unwatchable" but I don't put them down for it because that's just my opinion and a lot of things that I find "unwatchable" have literally millions of views.

NigelThornberry fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 4, 2019

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

Summoner 2

There are very few games I like to replay after completing them. There are some games I go back to to 100% but then finish with, games I just play through to the end and leave them be, and sometimes even games I don't even finish.

Summoner 2 is a game I have replayed multiple times. I love this obscure, weird game. And I think it's a game many goons would enjoy as well! I had the hankering to replay the game again recently and I thought, with how the barrier to entry for Let's Playing has decreased over the years, why not take the oppertunity to share this game with everyone else? So here we are, Summoner 2. I hope you all enjoy this game as much as me.

- - -

Sequel to the relatively obscure Summoner (a game I have never played) Summoner 2 was developed by Volition and THQ in 2002 for PS2 and 2003 for Gamecube. This will be the PS2 version, as it's the one I'm most familiar with. I intend to 100% this game, at least for everything that I remember. And I remember quite a bit!

Table of Contents
Summoner 2 - Part 1 The Tempest

This is probably a bit more low effort then most of the LP's we get nowadays, but hey, considering I picked up the tools a few days ago it came out... average? I've made a few test posts and commentaries before this just to try everything out and I believe this came out passably. Any and all critique is welcome. If it comes out very terribly this is all subject to change.

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 4, 2019

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm not gonna bother to click on a video link without more information about the game and the LP. What genre of game is it? What makes it worth my attention? How are you going to be handling the LP? Will you have guest commentators; how often will you be updating?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

NigelThornberry posted:

Sure I am interested in highly specific feedback (i.e. not a "redo it cuse I dont like it") but in the end its still a couple of opinions on the internet . I prefer to do things one way and I really like it that way, you disagree and that's cool. I find 95% of LPs "unwatchable" but I don't put them down for it because that's just my opinion and a lot of things that I find "unwatchable" have literally millions of views.

The voices are annoying. That’s feedback, which you asked for. But if you don’t want feedback since that’s just how you like things, maybe don’t ask for feedback?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

OscarDiggs posted:

Summoner 2

Table of Contents

This is probably a bit more low effort then most of the LP's we get nowadays, but hey, considering I picked up the tools a few days ago it came out... average? I've made a few test posts and commentaries before this just to try everything out and I believe this came out passably. Any and all critique is welcome. If it comes out very terribly this is all subject to change.

What kind of game is it and why should I care about it? What's it do differently?

Also your link's busted.

I'd ask that the game audio be turned down a little bit compared to the commentary audio.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 4, 2019

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

NigelThornberry posted:

What did you expect? People to shower you with praise and say "YES YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY POST THIS"? Your commentary gimmick is obnoxious in direct contravention to your stated premise of, well, not being obnoxious, but if you disagree, just post your thread and get your LP moving. Plenty of people post LPs they want to do the way they want to do them, and if nobody else wants to watch them, so what? It doesn't hurt anyone that the LP exists.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

There's something off about your video. At first I thought it just the game's motion blur but after confirming with another playthrough I'm almost certain there's some ghosting going on. Either that or your camera movement is more sporadic; regardless I would recommend turning off motion blur.

NigelThornberry posted:

What about this: Why is this video only 10 minutes long? Beyond the intro, which is half the video, you do gently caress all for the reminder. It's 2019, you are not restricted to a 10 minute limit; not to mention it just cuts at the end. Like, I could understand this decision if this was a tightly edited video where you go from point A to point B and accomplish X, Y, and Z, but you didn't get anything done.

Lastly about that commentary, it's boring and painfully unfunny. Neither your co-host or you had anything interesting to say outside a little movie trivia and the rest of the time was ya'll attempting silly voices. Yeah I know, it's my opinion and you're welcome to disregard it and post the thread anyway, but then why did you post in this thread? You already know how write up an OP, and your video is technically passable.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You could mention for starters that the main character in Summoner 2 is a warrior queen believed to be an incarnation of a goddess, her pocket money is the realm's treasury, and she's got the sass of the female MC of Volition's Saint's Row 2.
Also, it's like a bastard child of Planescape and Anachronox lore- and tone-wise.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Summoner 2

There are very few games I like to replay after completing them. There are some games I go back to to 100% but then finish with, games I just play through to the end and leave them be, and sometimes even games I don't even finish.

Summoner 2 is a game I have replayed multiple times. I love this obscure, weird game. And I think it's a game many goons would enjoy as well! I had the hankering to replay the game again recently and I thought, with how the barrier to entry for Let's Playing has decreased over the years, why not take the opportunity to share this game with everyone else? So here we are, Summoner 2. I hope you all enjoy this game as much as me.

I'll bring you through the game on a semi weekly basis, showing off everything it has to offer. I won't be showing off my editing or recording skills however as I don't have any. I do however have time and dedication, so hopefully that should be enough to get a somewhat interesting video of the game out per week.

- - -

Sequel to the relatively obscure Summoner (a game I have never played) Summoner 2 was developed by Volition and THQ in 2002 for PS2 and 2003 for Gamecube. This will be the PS2 version, as it's the one I'm most familiar with. I intend to 100% this game, at least for everything that I remember. And I remember quite a bit!

An action RPG set in and around the land of Hallasar, Summoner 2 follows Warrior Queen Maia, the child of Prophecy, the Goddess Lahara reborn. Her journey takes her throughout the world, and to others, as she seeks a way to fulfil the prophecy of her birth and become a Goddess once again. And to make the kingdom as dependent on her as possible; seriously, delegation is a curse word in Hallasar.

The world of Summoner 2 is pretty unique. You won't find any Dwarves of Elves here. However, you will find a world inspired and modelled after the Middle East as opposed to one more dark age europe clone, pretty much unheard of in a western RPG game for the time.

Table of Contents

Hopefully fixed the link, and bolded the new parts I added.

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019
I went back and took a look at the episode that is getting maligned and I see what you guys mean, it is a bit slow and the humor is sloppy. The problems in commentary are actually because our schedules don't align well and we rarely get to record, so it takes an episode or two to get used to each other again. Prob going to re-record the opening part.

NigelThornberry fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 6, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

OscarDiggs posted:

Summoner 2

Your commentary is a little difficult to understand with the low volume of your voice and the high volume of the SFX. That said, I'm enjoying this so far and will be looking forward to more!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I'm doing something outside my usual comfort zone of screenshot LPs, so I'm looking for some advice...

quote:

CONTENT WARNING: Blood is a violent game. It contains large amounts of pixellated blood, some amounts of dismemberment, a few mutilated corpse props in certain levels, people being set on fire, and gunfire/explosions.

What is this?

Blood is a MS-DOS first-person shooter initially developed by Q Studios Corporation, which was acquired by Monolith Productions (famous for the F.E.A.R. and Middle-earth games) near the end of production. It was released in May 1997, with a licensed add-on pack Cryptic Passage being released in the summer of 1997, and an official expansion pack, the Plasma Pak, being released in fall of 1997. Cryptic Passage and the Plasma Pak were packaged with the base game and released as One Unit Whole Blood in July 1998.

In Blood you play as a gunslinger named Caleb, formerly a fanatic servant (a "Chosen") of the dark god Tchernobog. Some time in the early 1800s, Tchernobog disavowed Caleb, along with the three other Chosen (Ishmael, Gabriel, and Caleb's girlfriend Ophelia), and had all four of them killed. It is now some time in the the 1920s. Caleb has stopped being dead, somehow, and set off on a quest to get revenge on Tchernobog and the Cabal that worships him.

As for the game itself, Blood uses the latest (at the time) version of the Build engine by Ken Silverman, famously used in Duke Nukem 3D, less famously used in the MS-DOS version of PowerSlave (Exhumed in Europe) and in Shadow Warrior, and the less said about Redneck Rampage and the shovelware titles that used Build, the better. Build was a 2.5D engine that, through clever level design and special tricks, mimic a 3D space--similar to Doom, but considerably more advanced. Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood were notable for using Build to present players with levels that felt more like actual locations than the Doom engine was capable of. For its part, Blood makes use of two post-Duke additions to the Build engine: level hackery resembling room-over-room, and voxels--basically a way to extrude pixels and create 3D objects out of them.

In terms of gameplay, Blood is best described as a horror movie-themed FPS. It contains numerous references to horror movies and books, down to having an entire level that's ostensibly inspired by The Shining. As its title implies, it also contains lots of blood--for 1997, anyway. It's also somewhat infamous for being incredibly hard, especially compared to its contemporaries (Doom/Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, etc.) Almost every enemy is capable of killing Caleb incredibly quickly, and the game is not afraid of throwing massive amounts of hitscanners (some of which can also throw explosives) at him either.

Blood is also infamous for being a game in the old-school FPS canon whose source code is not public. Due to various issues with the rights, Atari currently holds the rights to the Blood IP, and refuses to release the source code. This meant that, for years, the only way to play Blood was the original DOS version, which has several issues, including being locked to 4:3 resolutions and having very janky mouse handling. Eventually, projects utilizing source code from a leaked alpha in order to provide a semi-source port emerged--namely, BloodGDX and NBlood. We're not using those, however. We're using Blood EX.

To elaborate, Blood EX is the latest in a long string of "EX" remasters headed up by Samuel "Kaiser" Villareal, who has also remastered games such as Turok and Forsaken. Blood EX is currently available commercially as Blood: Fresh Supply, published by Nightdive Studios and commissioned by Atari. It had...problems at release, but they've been smoothed out and is a better experience than either BloodGDX or NBlood, for my tastes.

How's this going to work?

This LP will be a subtitled video LP, because I'm very shy with regards to my voice, and I don't want to talk over Blood's masterful atmosphere.

I'll be going for 100% secrets in every level, and as close to 100% kills as I can.

Table of Contents

Test Video

I get the feeling my subtitles go by a bit too fast, but I'm kind of unsure how to balance that with a game as fast-paced as Blood. Is there a general guideline for subtitle timings?

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Is there a general guideline for subtitle timings?

Like I remember saying for Oheao's video a few weeks ago, the rule I always saw was to read the subtitles out loud, then add one or two seconds for every line. I personally didn't have any problem reading all of the subtitles for this video, but even with me being a fast reader (the same thing everyone ever said whenever I asked about subtitles when I did those back in the day on another forum, incidentally) there were a few that disappeared within a second after I finished reading them.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I'm doing something outside my usual comfort zone of screenshot LPs, so I'm looking for some advice...

I get the feeling my subtitles go by a bit too fast, but I'm kind of unsure how to balance that with a game as fast-paced as Blood. Is there a general guideline for subtitle timings?

I don't know of any general rule, but for what it's worth I didn't have trouble reading your subtitles in time. The video looks good to me.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

I don't know of any general rule, but for what it's worth I didn't have trouble reading your subtitles in time. The video looks good to me.

The general rule is "try to read the subtitles out loud in a normal talking voice. If you can keep up, they're there long enough."

Checking the video, I have no trouble reading them either, but having subtitles over that HUD is a bit distracting. Is there any chance you can set the subtitles to appear on a darkened background?

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Your commentary is a little difficult to understand with the low volume of your voice and the high volume of the SFX. That said, I'm enjoying this so far and will be looking forward to more!

Thanks!

Aside from the voice, are there any major technical issues that are messing with the video?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Carbon dioxide posted:

The general rule is "try to read the subtitles out loud in a normal talking voice. If you can keep up, they're there long enough."

Checking the video, I have no trouble reading them either, but having subtitles over that HUD is a bit distracting. Is there any chance you can set the subtitles to appear on a darkened background?

I actually thought about that while I was rendering the video. :v:

I'll do it for the final edits. I'm gonna re-record E1M1 through E1M3 and put together a new test vid tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Rea fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 5, 2019

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

I'm going to post a shorter video going over some of the basics of the leveling system, trying out some new audio levels for the commentary. Are there any other major technical flaws in the first posted video that I should work on solving first?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

OscarDiggs posted:

I'm going to post a shorter video going over some of the basics of the leveling system, trying out some new audio levels for the commentary. Are there any other major technical flaws in the first posted video that I should work on solving first?
From a quick look at the video, it seems like you have frame blending going on. Might be with how you captured the footage or how you encoded it, but it's definitely there (it causes a ghosting after effect on things).

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

discworld is all I read posted:

From a quick look at the video, it seems like you have frame blending going on. Might be with how you captured the footage or how you encoded it, but it's definitely there (it causes a ghosting after effect on things).

Alrighty, thanks!

I'll try and solve that before I post any more then.

EDIT: Yeah, OBS was recording at 60 but Sony Vegas was doing it's editing thing at 50. I'll tinker about and try and find some other possible causes just in case.

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 5, 2019

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

OscarDiggs posted:

Alrighty, thanks!

I'll try and solve that before I post any more then.

EDIT: Yeah, OBS was recording at 60 but Sony Vegas was doing it's editing thing at 50. I'll tinker about and try and find some other possible causes just in case.
Yeah, also in Vegas, be very wary of any presets in the encoding process. It tries to do all types of unnecessary interlacing and that will cause that poo poo too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NigelThornberry
May 16, 2019
For Vegas the solution for frame blending is pretty simple: make sure the video preset you're using has a FPS that matches your recording's FPS.

Tbh until people pointed it out on this forum I didn't even notice it.