Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've requested to be subbed out, as the poo poo has hit the proverbial fan at work and I'm going to be stuck in a managerial nightmare for like a week and don't have any spare time during the day to commit to mafs.

GL all :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good thing we already have a replacement on deck.

hope everything turns out well with your work infi!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not my gently caress up, so all good :v:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

vrooom vrooom beep beep hey got outta the way

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

https://i.imgur.com/Staep8e.gifv

Infinitum, Parker the Chauffeur, Town Aligned Vanilla, was crushed by a falling chandelier N1.
It is now D2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, OMGVBFLOL, PMush Perfect, spacing in vienna, Tommunist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2019 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 days.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

......... >:(

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no i was JUST thinking it'd be scummy to kill the replacement immediately

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

well my read was hot garbage per usual

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Imagine waiting patiently to be subbed into the game, only to be killed off before you can post :ghost:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I'll start discussion?

Who voted for infinitum and when?

Infinitum (2): Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, GeneX, OMGVBFLOL, b-minus1, GeneX, b-minus1, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak

I'd say hum looks the most suspicious of this list. He started momentum on it early in the day when it was low risk, then toward deadline waited until I put another vote on him to sneak in his vote so it wouldnt be noticed as much. (this is a lot of speculation, i know. but i feel like the votes correspond with scum play. then again i could be reading into things. i dont know who the drat townies are)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I did.

Lmao scum killed a player that wanted to sub out of the game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So looking at those votes it looks like when b- voted "scumming in vienna" it was assigned to infinitum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CapitalistPig posted:

So looking at those votes it looks like when b- voted "scumming in vienna" it was assigned to infinitum.
Someone did votefinder shenanigans, which would be a lot more suspicious than who's actually voting him, if we could figure out who did it.

Also, RIP Gulag, dead one post in.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
drat, Parker really revved my engines, if you know what I mean.

Also Mr. Clay Steak, the person who actually looks worst there is you...and that you seemingly missed it reflects well on your alignment

##vote OMG

Do not like the self-effacement post GulagDeath, if I feel like it I’ll go read the rest of D1 to see if the ping is worth a follow-up

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapitalistPig posted:

That’s annoying

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's look at that scum rear end push on me towards the end of the day. Thank you based mods for recognizing deadline.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
SiV and Hal had the bad AA votes at day end, hmmmm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mush actually looks good with her vote, don't know what that means tho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

SiV and Hal had the bad AA votes at day end, hmmmm.

I actually think I had a good AA vote at the end of the day, how does that factor into your equation?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Let's look at that scum rear end push on me towards the end of the day. Thank you based mods for recognizing deadline.

Bad because we were voting you, or do you have an actual reason?

Also you say "good thing mods recognized deadline" as though we were trying to break it. Nobody voted at 3 minutes past and tried to insist it should count. I think we all knew a NL was coming at that point.

Btw why weren't you on at deadline? Same question, CPig. It actually makes me more suspicious of you, that we didn't get lurkers popping out of the woodwork to go for the dunk.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

I did.

Lmao scum killed a player that wanted to sub out of the game

Then you switched to me, except someone put your vote back on infi. I don't like it, especially since no one has confessed to doing it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh yeah cpig being around NEAR deadline then leaving with no vote was not cool. Not cool.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Yo, I'm back, sorry for getting probed over video game drama - my stuck vote definitely helped contribute to the no lynch.

Having said that, I'm gonna try to not suck and give a quick in a vacuum (see: posts in isolation) feel on folk similar to a classic LumpenListTM, if these are these still a thing. I don't know most of you so sorry if I misidentify you or anything.

• Anomalous Amalgam - no feels. Some janky roleplay stuff early, then nothing of substance. The "woe is me" response to the end of day votes doesn't strike me as indicative of alignment.
  • b-minus1 - leaning town. There's nothing in particular that stands out, but I get a sort of winvirus-y town vibe from him. Basically it's the continued - if mundane - stream of consciousness posting.
  • CapitalistPig - leaning town. Not much to on here, but the interactions with b-minus1 come off well enough for me.
  • GeneX - leaning scum. Dude encouraged someone pseudo-claiming to have a day-vig to blow their load, which is always a point against. The rest of day 1 is meh, the immediate vote on OMGVBFLOL seems overly critical as well, which is another point against for me.
  • Hal Incandenza - leaning town. Feels like Hal town play from what I remember in ye old days of olde. Posting is pretty innocuous otherwise.
  • Mr. Humalong -no feels. I actually enjoyed the noir narrative gimmick. That said, nothing really stands out (the first OOC post is maybe feather touch town vibes)
  • Mr. Steak - . leaning scum. I actually dislike the weird hedge on b-minus1 - it's day 1, folks should be voting literally any scum ping and despite calling out his own bad feels he holds his vote. End of day calls out two folks, then immediately changes his tune. The "oh maybe infi is scum" feels fake.
  • OMGVBFLOL - leaning town. Day 1 posts feel decidedly town. The interaction with Infinituum re: pending probate feel genuine. Day 2 drive-by post is meh, but that's not altogether uncommon for town play.
  • PMush Perfect - leaning town. Stupid annoying cat memes aside, feels pretty townie. I actually like the early call-outs on b-minus1 and Infinitum.
  • spacing in vienna - no feels. The in-character posting wasn't awful, but - as with PMush - I think the actual content is sound for the most part. There were a few posts that made me raise an eyebrow, though, as they seemed more reactionary-than-you'd-expect on Day 1.
  • Tommunist - leaning town. Not a ton to go on here, but the end of day posts feel decidedly good.

I need to do an in-context pass to solidify a few feels, but I'm gonna go ahead and drop a
##vote Mr. Steak
for now. I dislike the interaction with b-minus1, I dislike the vote-hold, and I dislike the lack of sticking to his guns. Feels almost bandwagon-y.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Apologize in advance for some of these posts seeming out of order. Tabs and whatnot.

PMush Perfect posted:

Welcome, everyone, I've invited you all here today for a reason. Not a single one of you has even attempted to bribe me with caviar. As a professional evil-looking cat, I hold myself to the highest standards, and none of you are worth of slowly stroking me while you monologue. So, it is with a heavy heart that I state that I must join the investigation on the side of the law.

I was going to reply to this last night but couldn't find the right meme, so I went to bed.

This is harmless, mostly, in context. A sassy voteback for complaining about jokephase.

This pings me, but I'll come back to that.

This feels bandwagon-y.

I don't know how to feel about this. Pushing back against suddenly being at -2, sure, everyone would do that, but there's 36 hours left until deadline, OMG could get probed and come back well in time for it. Here's the problem for me: He's not wrong.

OMG's post really is weird, for a couple different reasons. First of all, who gets a prob warning? Maybe I'm just envious or maybe it's a toxx that went bad, I don't know. Second, it feels opportunistic, jumping in right after what seemed like a bit of generally well-intentioned banter. And third, the post afterwards? It's definitely the kind of post made by someone who's already made a decision and is trying to justify it retroactively. That's not inherently scummy in and of itself, but it's part of a bigger picture.

Of the two, I think Inf looks out coming better because his interaction with GX just a bit before shows he's not immediately reacting to getting voted on in general.

Inf: Why mention OMG but not b-?

OMG: In your opinion, what would be a more town-y way to respond to suddenly being put at -2 with still a day and a half to go?
Yea, this post feels good, especially with what's going on around it. Feeling satisfied with my assessment of PMush as town.

b-minus1 posted:

I think humalong is a bad d1 vote. Seems unlikely that a scum player would put in that much effort to post as their flavor. Maybe because there’s no way in hell I would do that as scum haha
This is a poor line of thought.

Mr. Steak posted:

i get a bad feeling from binus too. gonna wait before placing a vote though
This is super non-committal given it's D1. Thankfully,

b-minus1 posted:

[calls out Mr. Steak's above bad post]
In the meantime, you should explain this bad feeling. Because right now it looks like you’re Mr. Scum waiting to see whether or not my lunch wagon will continue. Vote me if you think I’m scum
This actually feels super good and highlights my issue with Mr. Steak's D1. Feels like he's looking for what's easy, or sticks to the wall. Especially considering:

Mr. Steak posted:

binus is looking a little better now that he's gotten defensive in a way that no self-respecting scum would on d1 with only a couple votes.

so im looking at people who may have been pushing for a binus mislynch. namely tommunist and genex
Yes, after everyone else starts affirming they feel b-minus1 is town, Mr. Stek also thinks b-minus1 is town. In isolation this isn't so bad, but in consideration of previous posts it feels like lazy scum play.

Mr. Steak posted:

im willing to ##vote infi just to get a lynch happening. if he flips town there's plenty of content to work with tomorrow. if he flips scum it would be us getting really lucky.

Mr. Steak posted:

i've been scum with aa once before and this checks out. since it's close to deadline i'll put my money where my mouth is and ##vote aa
While I often think it's good to get Day 1 lynch going just for something to review, this just felt like reaching for someone acceptable to lynch. Especially given the relative lack of content on Day 1.

GeneX posted:

drat, Parker really revved my engines, if you know what I mean.

Also Mr. Clay Steak, the person who actually looks worst there is you...and that you seemingly missed it reflects well on your alignment

##vote OMG

Do not like the self-effacement post GulagDeath, if I feel like it I’ll go read the rest of D1 to see if the ping is worth a follow-up
This feels like super fake outrage and I don't like it.

This also feels like super fake outrage and I don't like it.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh yeah cpig being around NEAR deadline then leaving with no vote was not cool. Not cool.
Generally agree with the sentiment here, although as I mentioned above in criticism of Mr. Steak, lynching for lynching's sake after that Day 1 actually feels bad, in my opinion.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

spacing in vienna posted:

Same question, CPig.

Hal Incandenza posted:

God forbid people have lives.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also 7:30pm my time when deadline was like midnight/12:30 is not "near" deadline.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Yea, upon review, still satisfied with my vote on Mr. Steak. Also satisfied with my read on GeneX as also kinda scummy. I'll amend my previous read on AA to be leaning more scummy. The end of day drop and day 2 outrage feel disingenuous and I'm not a fan. Leaving my vote here it is for now.

@Mr. Steak - What's with all the waffling on day 1? Why do you seem apprehensive about voting your gut? You called out a few folks, but voted for almost none of them. Like I said, feels like throwing spaghetti at a wall.

@GeneX - Haven't forgotten about you. Any particular reason you actively encouraged someone who hinted at having a vig to blow their load one page 2 before we'd even seen all players check in? Feels super reckless and irresponsible. Also: what about OMG's initial day 2 post raises alarms? It feels rather disingenuous of you to call them out for it, and then say "Yeah maybe I'll check 'em out".

@AA - What specifically do you not like about the end of day votes on you? Blanket statement they are scummy, and calling out two particular votes, without anything substantive seems whiny and over-defensive - not what I'd expect from a town player.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh poo poo, actual content. Very nice. Will go through mikujin’s posts more thoroughly after the blues game, but I like what I’ve seen just skimming through them

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Also you say "good thing mods recognized deadline" as though we were trying to break it. Nobody voted at 3 minutes past and tried to insist it should count. I think we all knew a NL was coming at that point.

Btw why weren't you on at deadline? Same question, CPig. It actually makes me more suspicious of you, that we didn't get lurkers popping out of the woodwork to go for the dunk.

Easy, I forgot about deadline and was cooking dinner.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Also I've made being incomprehensible and awkward a life long passion

Anyhow, I do apologize for not engaging properly

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mikujin posted:

@GeneX - Haven't forgotten about you. Any particular reason you actively encouraged someone who hinted at having a vig to blow their load one page 2 before we'd even seen all players check in? Feels super reckless and irresponsible. Also: what about OMG's initial day 2 post raises alarms? It feels rather disingenuous of you to call them out for it, and then say "Yeah maybe I'll check 'em out".

day vigs are fun and nothing was going on

and I'm lazy

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Out of curiosity why didnt you mention me as someone who wasnt on at deadline?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Also I've made being incomprehensible and awkward a life long passion

Anyhow, I do apologize for not engaging properly

Ya agreed this post is awkward

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mikujin posted:

@GeneX - Haven't forgotten about you. Any particular reason you actively encouraged someone who hinted at having a vig to blow their load one page 2 before we'd even seen all players check in? Feels super reckless and irresponsible.

Pushing a read as a result of something that happened deep in joke phase seems like a real stretch and forced content

Anyway I'm sorry 4 phone posting

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

Ya agreed this post is awkward

I deliver it with gusto tho. No idea who scum is. Got gut bad feels about mush. But usually do

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I deliver it with gusto tho. No idea who scum is. Got gut bad feels about mush. But usually do

Can't deny that

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Miku and OMG: welcome back from probationland.

Mikujin posted:

[*]GeneX - leaning scum. Dude encouraged someone pseudo-claiming to have a day-vig to blow their load, which is always a point against.

I think "WOO SHOOT SOMEBODY" on D1 is as much a townie phenomena as a scum one. Dayvigs can't ever keep it in their pants, and town shooting town d1 is unfortunate but also -- honestly -- hilarious.

Also in re: me this is only my second game back after a few years away, and last game I got lynched d2, so I'm not back in the groove yet.

CapitalistPig posted:

God forbid people have lives.

(We're on SA, I don't think any of us can claim to have "lives" ... ;) )

I get it, and it's entirely possible either or both of you just missed deadline, but I feel like it's also really convenient that so many people just faded out at the end of d1. Town and scum alike can have lives, or can space out on the deadline, but scum might also be watching and decide not to show up in an attempt to deflect heat and/or not vote for a scumbro, so I feel like it's worth poking at a little.

Tommunist posted:

Out of curiosity why didnt you mention me as someone who wasnt on at deadline?

I straight up forgot that you weren't. drat, neither was b-minus. You at least had a vote down, and b- had that vote on me that got switched around. Why weren't you on?

No wonder we no-lynched. Two players were on probation, Infi's work got crazy, and four others on top of that weren't around. We never had the numbers.

Hey AA, what changed between these two posts?

Mush actually looks good with her vote, don't know what that means tho

You did a 180 on Mush. Why?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
also i get that it's counterproductive to actually playing mafia but I miss all of the RPing, so please assume at all times that I'm sitting off to the corner, knitting while I eavesdrop and hope for juicy tidbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tommunist posted:

Pushing a read as a result of something that happened deep in joke phase seems like a real stretch and forced content
While lovely votes, accusations, and slap-fights are totally normal stuff to see during the opening 'joke phase' it's totally anti-town (or at the very least incredibly stupid) to encourage someone to off another player literally before some players have even posted in thread. I'm critical of Gene for more than simply that, but it's certainly not a great place to start.

I think "WOO SHOOT SOMEBODY" on D1 is as much a townie phenomena as a scum one. Dayvigs can't ever keep it in their pants, and town shooting town d1 is unfortunate but also -- honestly -- hilarious.
Same statement as above applies. Yes, I get that day-vigs often do stupid poo poo, but encouraging premature day-vig-ulation is dumb because they are so much more likely to hit a town player. Players exhibiting anti-town behavior shouldn't be ignored just because "Welp that's the way it goes."