Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

just lol if you all no lunch me for 3 days. Either get a new target or kill me already.

The new target is mr steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

I was legit kinda hoping that he'd scum self-hammer to deprive us a day and some info. I'm not going so far as to say that AA not doing that means he's town, but it's making me consider a second look (and other vote options).

I'm not sure I agree -- a scum AA might have decided to brazen it out, refusing to self-vote in the hopes that we'd fail to pull the trigger yet again.

Also I didn't hammer, because A: it felt weird to turbo two days before deadline and B: the cost-benefit of losing daytime vs actually managing a lynch required brainpower and I was too drunk for that kind of responsibility.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Who could have hammered, but didn't, and what does that say about their alignments?

Also, hum unvoted when we got to -1, which gives me town vibes on him.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

I think scum killed tommunist because they thought he was cop and had a scum result on mr steak. He really only posted reads on AA, who he did not really want to lunch, and Mr steak. Ended day with a vote on mr steak.Will quote relevant posts when I’m on my computer tomorrow

Was tomm the strongest push on steak D2? This theory is interesting, but I remember a few people came out against steak, so I'm not sure if attention would fix on tomm specifically. Which just means I need to reread.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Drink on sister :cheers:

Cheers bro. I stayed up watching random poo poo on YouTube and doing pucker shots, because I drink like a college girl.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

oh no i was JUST thinking it'd be scummy to kill the replacement immediately

Ugh okay I'm just looking for the tomm thing but wow this post it just sounds forced and weird.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

spacing in vienna posted:

Ugh okay I'm just looking for the tomm thing but wow this post it just sounds forced and weird.

Yet you won’t vote him. :thunk:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What if there is a detective ends the game after a certain period of time omg we gotta kill scum now

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Oh man I bet the detective is a one shot deathproof survivor

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

why are you rolefishing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

why are you rolefishing
Lmao

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How is mr steak still alive?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hal Incandenza posted:

why are you asking this and not voting for him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jen X posted:

why are you asking this and not voting for him

Slow your roll Gen, I just got back here and I was shocked no one had murdered him in my absence. My vote is important to me and I will place it when I am good and ready.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am fine voting Steak, for the record. I've had scum pings from them since late in day 1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

You're right, it does. I'm still leaning AA, but I could see Steak, I guess. As long as we kill somebody.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Who could have hammered, but didn't, and what does that say about their alignments?

is this a real question. everyone that wasnt voting and it doesnt say anything until we kill this mother fucker. now watch him be lynchproof

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote steak

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

The new target is mr steak
thats the same guy

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sheesh, I get busy for one day and you guys go off the rails. Catching up now.

GulagDolls posted:

##vote aa three people copy this post and put it into your something awful post window and then press the submit reply button
This is lazy and bad, but

Jen X posted:

##vote aa three people copy this post and put it into your something awful post window and then press the submit reply button

- signed, GulagDolls, Jen X, [YOUR NAME HERE], [YOUR NAME HERE (new person)]
... this is worse. Seriously. Your post-vote 'serious post' is also totally lacking because you make no real calls - you just say "yup some people are town scumhunting is hard I guess." That you follow it up by excusing yourself for assuming AA is scum in every game is just even more lazy.

I am inclined to vote you but

Mr. Steak posted:

jen x...come on.

##vote jen

This guy is still more likely to be scum, and his lazy non-value add posts are even more egregious.

Lol what content?
Any content i good content.

PMush Perfect posted:

I wanna vote AA because he's(?) been around but not really contributing through all of D1 and D2. I was also onboard for voting Pig before you replaced him.
I remain unconvinced that AA is scum, and there haven't been any arguments that would sway me on this so far.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

barring any new information, I'm not switching from AA. AA or bust

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah. but steak also switched away from him now that AA has some heat. and switched to one of the people voting AA. this lines up with my AAsteakscum theory
Vote Steak.

Eh. Get the info my flip provides. I am giving up now.

Byeeeeeeee
This is a lovely attitude. Be better than that.

b-minus1 posted:

Wtf AA is a terrible vote
Agreed.
AA's early play is awkward and I was initially leaning neutral/bad on them. Their continued conviction, and actual effort put into trying to piece together players' interactions, feels genuine. I strongly feel AA is likely to be town and do not feel it is in our interests to lynch them.

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote AA

That's -1. If a turbo's what it takes to get the game moving again, then let's loving do it.
I don't like this post/vote, and it leaves me conflicted given my early assessment that PMush was likely town. I'm sitting on it for now.

b-minus1 posted:

Ive played a tos a lot over the past few months. At the very least I expected the jailed person to receive a notification/pm that they were jailed even if nothing else happened to them. I’m pretty sure that’s what happens in most games with a jailor

Mr. Humalong posted:

typically you get "your action failed" if you have an action but idk how RF runs his action resolution

I haven't seen anyone be notified they were jailed before, though
Let's not go down this path; trying to meta-game the mod and speculate on roles is not productive.

PMush Perfect posted:

##unvote

Nobody hammered.

PMush Perfect posted:

PMush Perfect posted:

I was legit kinda hoping that he'd scum self-hammer to deprive us a day and some info. I'm not going so far as to say that AA not doing that means he's town, but it's making me consider a second look (and other vote options).
While I like the unvote and feel there's merit in doing it, following it up by asking everyone else for content while offering none is just pretending to produce meaningful content. There were several folks that could have hammered - myself included - but unless all those people were online skulking around hitting :f5: it's a fool's errand to read to deep into it. Of the folks that were actively posting around then:
  • AA - who I am happy did not self-hammer
  • Mr. Humalong - who actually unvoted to prevent something stupid
  • Spacing - was perhaps waiting on answers to previous questions asked of AA? Was interacting with b-minus
  • b-minus - correctly didn't rush a vote because the game is actually being played again and the pseudo-rush was dumb

Also, hum unvoted when we got to -1, which gives me town vibes on him.
Tentative agreement. But if AA should turn up scum (unlikely) the unvote deserved a lot more scrutiny.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because people have not reached the most sensible conclusion about Steak's alignment and/or are lurking egregiously (you). As a quick reminder, you are still not voting!

Ok that's me more or less caught up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nice post Mikujin, please don’t be scum.

I like Vienna steak and Jen x for scum.
Slight scum lean on omg and Pmush
Neutral on everyone else

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Dunk steak today, Vienna tomorrow. I like that plan

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

why are you rolefishing

I now understand why you made this post. I forgot everyone was assigned a specific flavor from the game and you got detective. Lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

my vote was good.

id kill steak. to be honest im just trying to get rid of those avatars.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol is this the war of the td losertars?

tbh i've thought about simply how frickin hard it's been to get a dunk on aa and that alone is making me suspect some scum protection going on. i mean, it really doesnt look like people are gonna want to switch off of him, and i dont want town to mislynch me, so ##vote aa

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I may have missed a post but I looked throughviennas post history for mentions of steak. And wow do these posts look like blatant scumbussing, especially the last one. Note that Vienna hasn’t interacted with steak the entire game, he is only mentioned in reads. If I thought someone’s “logic seems sideways” I would press them on it.

Mr. Steak: I got nothing. His logic seems sideways. No idea if that makes him scum. I could buy it? Idefk.
???? Leaning scum??

I'd switch to steak if that meant avoiding a NL?? We have 45 minutes.

We either need 3 for AA, 4 for steak, or to find another candidate entirely in 40 minutes.

Just to be clear, I feel better about steak than I do AA, I feel like his vote/unvote of me was genuine, but I'd still vote him to avoid a second NL.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Steak posted:

lol is this the war of the td losertars?

tbh i've thought about simply how frickin hard it's been to get a dunk on aa and that alone is making me suspect some scum protection going on. i mean, it really doesnt look like people are gonna want to switch off of him, and i dont want town to mislynch me, so ##vote aa

I’ve called you scum literally all day and you haven’t responded a single time. Not even a “lol”. wtf dude

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve called you scum literally all day and you haven’t responded a single time. Not even a “lol”. wtf dude

people have called me scum a lot but nothing worth defending myself against. i mean, give me a real case against me and i'll reply

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

People voting AA are like a list of scum in this game

##vote Mr Steak

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

Yet you won’t vote him. :thunk:

I haven't decided if I'm voting him yet. Somehow to you that becomes "won't" like I'm refusing.

We have more than 24 hours to go, I'm still chewing over your tomm-as-potential cop claim, and we almost turboed someone yesterday. I was away for a few hours and didn't want a vote down.

Why would scum focus on tomm, of everyone who mentioned steak D2?

Also you haven't answered -- a few people have asked what it is about AA's posting that makes you sure this is his town game. Can you elaborate? If you're seeing something specific that points to his meta, I'd like to know. I've only played one game with him.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

tommunist died because of this vote

im sticking to this

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

WAIT HE WAS VOTING STEAK

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

I may have missed a post but I looked throughviennas post history for mentions of steak. And wow do these posts look like blatant scumbussing, especially the last one. Note that Vienna hasn’t interacted with steak the entire game, he is only mentioned in reads. If I thought someone’s “logic seems sideways” I would press them on it.

Logic seems sideways is my way of saying most of his posts confuse me. He connects A to B and gets Q. It doesn't seem like he's deliberately forcing A and B to end up at Q, more like duh, guys, of course it's Q. I tilt my head at it, for I am confuse.

Either he is town with insane logic, or he's scum with insane logic, or possibly I guess he could be scum faking insane logic, but I've assumed it was just standard insanity, alignment notwithstanding.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lol.........uwaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH... ok kill steakman

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont think aa's posts are THAT Weird

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. steak, I offer now as the time for you to reveal yourself to be my confirmed town mason.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hal Incandenza posted:

People voting AA are like a list of scum in this game

##vote Mr Steak
Why do you think all the scum would gather on one person? And why AA? Since there's four votes on him right now but probably (hopefully) only three scum, which one of them is the town?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Mr. steak, I offer now as the time for you to reveal yourself to be my confirmed town mason.

Oh you

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think AA gathers votes magnetically rather than through any particular scum or town tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

you are in a hidden masonry...? or is this a meme lol