Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I did not mean to misquote him by putting”all” I was on my phone. I was simply pointing out that the people he was calling scum were different (except Hal) than the those he wants to dunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

my vote on Jen is 25 hours from my last post.

Also you acting like changing opinion on re-read is something suspicious, but wouldn't you also agree that I kind of had no opinion prior to my posts about Jen? I've been coasting because I had been lurking, and if I was on some dribbling meltdown, wouldn't shifting defensive suspicion fit that bill.

You're acting like these are new concepts to you, but you're no rookie anymore.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I did not mean to misquote him by putting”all” I was on my phone. I was simply pointing out that the people he was calling scum were different (except Hal) than the those he wants to dunk

my statement wasn't meant to accuse anyone of being scum, since it included literally everyone except 2 players. i said it partly to case siv and pmuch as town, but mostly to explain why i think votes have been stagnant

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

my vote on Jen is 25 hours from my last post.

Also you acting like changing opinion on re-read is something suspicious, but wouldn't you also agree that I kind of had no opinion prior to my posts about Jen? I've been coasting because I had been lurking, and if I was on some dribbling meltdown, wouldn't shifting defensive suspicion fit that bill.

You're acting like these are new concepts to you, but you're no rookie anymore.

I quoted all of your scum call-outs from day 3 like 10 posts up

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I quoted all of your scum call-outs from day 3 like 10 posts up

I saw, and my response is, my vote on jen is 25 hours from my last post.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I saw, and my response is, my vote on jen is 25 hours from my last post.

oh word you're right you didn't post at all for 25 hours

Mr. Humalong posted:

people I wouldn't vote today:

Miku - good effort, logical picks
binus - generally his scum meta is to lurk the gently caress out and he hasn't done that this game
siv - good effort, slightly less logical picks than miku but that's fine
gulag - I literally cannot ever read gulag and usually hope and pray someone else can
myself - I'm town and the detective

That leaves AA, Hal, Jen, PMush, Steak, and OMG.

AA - has gone from hard lurking, to defeatist attitude, to slinging everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what will stick, to hard lurking, to lumping jen and myself together as scum. usually I can discern some sort of logical thread from AA's playing but this game it's been like reading the scribbled ramblings of a madman, called his argument with Miku a "town slap-fight"
Hal - hard lurking, general Hal-ness
Jen - hard lurking, has posted some content which looked a lot better the first time I read it than the second, refuses to engage with the game
PMush - stubborn fixation on AA, called two people arguing a "town slap-fight"
Steak - frantic flip-flopping at deadline day 1, weird apology post at start of day 2, drive-by votes that seem suspicious, claims to have not been engaged with the game until like 20 minutes ago
OMG - gonna be honest I can't recall a single post of OMG's that sticks out to me. will reread

Fixed

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

oh word you're right you didn't post at all for 25 hours

Fixed

much appreciated hombre, I just like the record to stand true. :shepface:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

b-minus1 posted:

Okay, fair enough.

Do you have a specific reason for thinking tomm's vote on steak was noteworthy, or is that more of a hunch?

For now I'm willing to ##unvote

Ugh I am also phone posting and bbcode is such a huge pain in the rear end.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If I were scum I would prioritize killing the more active players in game, unless I thought someone had breadcrumbed a town pr. Based on tommunists posts it looked like he had a scum result on steak. Obviously that wasn’t the case, and anyone else is welcome to speculate about other reasons scum elected to kill tomm

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

b-minus1 posted:

If I were scum I would prioritize killing the more active players in game, unless I thought someone had breadcrumbed a town pr. Based on tommunists posts it looked like he had a scum result on steak. Obviously that wasn’t the case, and anyone else is welcome to speculate about other reasons scum elected to kill tomm

that kind of speculation is probably pointless because it leads into a wine cellar, but if what you're saying is "tommunist thought steak was scum and he's town, and died", that's as good a point as any

also on an entirely different note, assuming I do get executed when the bad avatar crew (AA and steak) grab vienna and a few buddies to jump on me, the reason I think gulag is town is because he (and cpig before him) has been in an unconfirmed masonry (at least from my end) with me from d1, and has used it for absolutely nothing beyond jokes

no attempted manipulation besides gulag declaring figurative jihad against aa before declaring a mistake, and, like, there's scum laziness and then there's town laziness

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
when I die the scumteam will be omg, steak, and poor, sweet hal

or vienna, aa, and, still, poor, beloved hal

who I'm going to vote for ##vote Hal because I deeply distrust the intent of his leading questions and think he's been dodging commitment to avoid suspicion

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am going to place my vote on steak, thus killing him.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

GulagDolls posted:

👍

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

spacing in vienna posted:

3 - his case on steak is "I bet scum thought tomm was a cop, since tomm voted for steak." I asked him what about tomm's vote jumped out at him as special -- several people voted steak D2, why would tomm be the one that scum would peg as cop? That wasn't shade; that was a legitimate question, because it's possible b- saw something about the way tomm voted that was different from the other pushes on steak D2. But I wouldn't know because this is yet another question he won't answer.
Alright, I somehow totally missed this post:

b-minus1 posted:

I think scum killed tommunist because they thought he was cop and had a scum result on mr steak. He really only posted reads on AA, who he did not really want to lunch, and Mr steak. Ended day with a vote on mr steak.Will quote relevant posts when I’m on my computer tomorrow
Granted, I can see why you my make some assumptions about alignment based on it, but given the rest of b-minus1's posting I don't think it's damning. I would like to point out that the we never saw follow-up regarding the text I've bolded.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mikujin posted:

"Hell yeah let's vote anyone whose not me." :rolleyes:

whats wrong wit hthat

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

people I wouldn't vote today:

Miku - good effort, logical picks
binus - generally his scum meta is to lurk the gently caress out and he hasn't done that this game
siv - good effort, slightly less logical picks than miku but that's fine
gulag - I literally cannot ever read gulag and usually hope and pray someone else can
myself - I'm town and the detective

That leaves AA, Hal, Jen, PMush, Steak, and OMG.

AA - has gone from hard lurking to defeatist attitude to slinging everything but the kitchen sink at the wall to see what will stick. usually I can discern some sort of logical thread from AA's playing but this game it's been like reading the scribbled ramblings of a madman, called his argument with Miku a "town slap-fight"
Hal - hard lurking, general Hal-ness
Jen - hard lurking, has posted some content which looked a lot better the first time I read it than the second, refuses to engage with the game
PMush - stubborn fixation on AA, called two people arguing a "town slap-fight"
Steak - frantic flip-flopping at deadline day 1, weird apology post at start of day 2, drive-by votes that seem suspicious, claims to have not been engaged with the game until like 20 minutes ago
OMG - gonna be honest I can't recall a single post of OMG's that sticks out to me. will reread

I'm going to say it. I read this post and agreed with it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Humalong posted:

binus is an extremely stubborn player who routinely refuses to engage with the game beyond quoting effortposts about him and replying with "lol"

You are never going to get effort from him unless he wants to provide it.
This was more or less the assumption I was working off of.

Mr. Steak posted:

the jen vote only got a tiny bit of traction BECAUSE of me lol
You are not the only person to accuse Jen of being scum. Quit trying to elevate your mediocre game.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Omg I can’t believe I mixed up the games I was in AGAIN

I don’t really buy into AAs “just go read humalong” bit but I do kind of agree on Jen, she had that pointless callout of me earlier that kinda led nowhere and really she’s kinda doing that scummy discredit people without casing them thing
Why do you not buy into it? Did you go read through Humalong's posting (disclaimer: I haven't)? While Jen certainly doesn't look good, I don't think anyone calling you out for being AWOL is deserving of incredulity.

Jen X posted:

when I die the scumteam will be omg, steak, and poor, sweet hal

or vienna, aa, and, still, poor, beloved hal

who I'm going to vote for ##vote Hal because I deeply distrust the intent of his leading questions and think he's been dodging commitment to avoid suspicion
Based on anything more than gut feeling/righteous indignation? This vote looks lovely.

GulagDolls posted:

Put up or shut up, you are a lot of white noise.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ok well now I'm not going to.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

Based on anything more than gut feeling/righteous indignation? This vote looks lovely.

I mean, there's a reason I asked him why he wasn't voting but instead casting aspersions like a day or two ago (time in this game is very strange)

because hesitance to commit to a particular course of action while trying to muddle the waters, and a sense of a vote as something best kept to yourself and not used to apply pressure, is a hallmark of a whole lot of scumplay, especially in cases where the player is semi-lurking and avoiding attention that way

if "this is a general trend I'm aware of with scum players, very much including my past self in multiple games, and Hal seems to be falling into this pattern, so logically Hal is more likely to be scum than an analysis made prior would show" is "gut", then, uh, okay?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

Ok well now I'm not going to.

I am beginning to wonder at this other level that you are playing mafia at. It does not seem to be a very good level. Perhaps you can find a staircase, and try a different level?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

rephrase your post in the form of words and I may decide to respond.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if anyone has the power to kill hal by shoving a statue onto him or something, please do so

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

if anyone has the power to kill hal by shoving a statue onto him or something, please do so

you do it coward

bet you won't

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just to remind everyone where we're currently at:

I will :siren: not :siren: be available at deadline (I will be able to check-in briefly about an hour prior, however).

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Jen X posted:

I mean, there's a reason I asked him why he wasn't voting but instead casting aspersions like a day or two ago (time in this game is very strange)

because hesitance to commit to a particular course of action while trying to muddle the waters, and a sense of a vote as something best kept to yourself and not used to apply pressure, is a hallmark of a whole lot of scumplay, especially in cases where the player is semi-lurking and avoiding attention that way

if "this is a general trend I'm aware of with scum players, very much including my past self in multiple games, and Hal seems to be falling into this pattern, so logically Hal is more likely to be scum than an analysis made prior would show" is "gut", then, uh, okay?

This is a reasonable take on Hal.

Was there a reason you cast aspersions on OMG and Mr. Steak, as well? Again, lack of content and context makes it hard to read into anything beyond surface level.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mikujin, i called jen out on d1 for acting scummy, and in fact i've only ever voted for 3 different people this entire game. i'm not calling my game more than mediocre but i'd like you to stop trying to invalidate me with weak claims like being wishy-washy or jumping on any vote that looks fine

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mikujin posted:

Alright, I somehow totally missed this post:

Granted, I can see why you my make some assumptions about alignment based on it, but given the rest of b-minus1's posting I don't think it's damning. I would like to point out that the we never saw follow-up regarding the text I've bolded.

Yeah i never had a chance to do that

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
K I'm leaving for a bit but I'll be back in an hour or two max and from then I'll be on for deadline.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

Was there a reason you cast aspersions on OMG and Mr. Steak, as well? Again, lack of content and context makes it hard to read into anything beyond surface level.

omg, I voted for before and have seen exactly zero since said vote to change my weakly formed opinion

mr steak is flailing at me and aa in a way that looks more like desperate desire for survival rather than genuine interest in finding scum, I think humalong is town for engaging w/the game a ton, my general townread list is close to the same as it was before for the same reasons as then (you, pmush, gulag porcine, binus,) vienna is entirely a gut call, and omg is on aa so he's probably not coaligned with him if one of them is scum (and steak is flailing at aa so they're also probably not coaligned scum)

which leaves the 2 hypothetical 3 person teams I posted about

could be 4 scum and steak or vienna are also baddies, I'd guess vienna in that case because steak's flailing, while not a town indicator, seems genuinely opportunistic and death bussing a scumbuddy in this way would be a very weird move

but I'm looking askance at hal more than anyone, and he doesn't require impromptu scumteam worldbuilding gymnastics to hazily consider evil

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

i once again reiterate my demand for the cowards aa and mr steak to change their avatars

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
buy me a gift cert, you coward.

also explain how i have been flailing? besides putting actual effort into the thread once i'm at risk of dying. I explained clearly why i voted aa out of necessity, and then i switched to you (jen) who i've been voting since d1. did all of you forget that? please check

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mikujin posted:

The problem with her take is that I had been gone for most of the last day and a half of in-game time and I showed up and made half serious half joke post about how was steak still alive after all the heat in him since D1. It’s not like I made a giant case or had spent many posts recently casting aspersions. I am sure if I showed up and just voted steak after saying nothing for days someone would have called THAT scummy

Jen jumped on the first post I made with the most basic scum case of all (said someone was bad and didn’t immediately vote them) and had nothing to follow up with or add to that read. It felt like someone jumping on low hanging fruit. And her further explanation that I was “muddying the waters and committing is kind of empty since steak had plenty of heat and was the main focus so there was no water to muddy and steak didn’t need another vote at that moment to really make him a focus.

If I had made a series of posts and then said that about steak and left without voting that would be one thing, but to jump on me for not voting on one of the first (or actually the first) post I made on a game day is just kind of BS

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

buy me a gift cert, you coward.

also explain how i have been flailing? besides putting actual effort into the thread once i'm at risk of dying. I explained clearly why i voted aa out of necessity, and then i switched to you (jen) who i've been voting since d1. did all of you forget that? please check

voting aa "out of necessity" is flailing, friendo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I'm caught up and while I think some of the above cases folks have made have merit, particularly against bminus and hal, i'm still confident AA is scum, and also confident that of the people with heat, AA is the one whose town flip would give us the most info

also, and this goes for both AA and Steak, being at -2 or -1 doesn't mean a thing if people are lurking. if anything, it softly supports the hypothesis of them both being scum, since there's fewer available people who will consider cases against them in earnest. i'd be willing to bet, assuming there's 4 scum, there's one scum vote on each of them and the other two are somewhere among the others

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok jen this is semantics, but what you're calling flailing isn't a scum tell. for one, any unsure town vote towards deadline is essentially "out of necessity" and also trying ti prevent a confirmed townie (oneself) from getting lynched at any cost isnt exactly bad gameplay

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

OMGVBFLOL posted:

. i'd be willing to bet, assuming there's 4 scum, there's one scum vote on each of them and the other two are somewhere among the others

i wrote the above having last looked at the votecount and seeing it at 4 and 4. taking some time to reread some folks

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm going to bed now but I will probably be up for a little while longer if we decide someone is a better flip than Steak. I'm heavily leaning Steak, but would be ok with AA or maaaaaaaaybe Hal (distant third option for me).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

ok jen this is semantics, but what you're calling flailing isn't a scum tell. for one, any unsure town vote towards deadline is essentially "out of necessity" and also trying ti prevent a confirmed townie (oneself) from getting lynched at any cost isnt exactly bad gameplay

I was just typing up this post

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's looking likely that i'm gonna be the "prevent a nolynch" death today. i hope i put in the effort to make my flip worth it for you guys. i think there's a lot of stuff you can read into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

it's looking likely that i'm gonna be the "prevent a nolynch" death today. i hope i put in the effort to make my flip worth it for you guys. i think there's a lot of stuff you can read into

3 hours is a lot of time. Work your magic steak