Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can we go back to talking about the nano whip and blades that come out of your arms like Adam Jensen please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can we go back to talking about the nano whip and blades that come out of your arms like Adam Jensen please

I want to play an assault rifle dork but hope I am able to competently spec melee too

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

PST posted:

assume 7c Nickel is a founder member of Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging, a Klaliff in the KKK and a close personal friend of Tommy Robinson, now how do you think about him?

Using some weasely words at he front of your total misrepresentation of the events doesn't take away from the strawman.
Don't use 'well what if CD Red Projekt were actually reincarnated nazis, how would people feel about them then?' bullshit exggeration.

As I said before, arguye the issue, don't create an entirely false issue that's both easy to dismiss, and makes your entire point utterly redundant.

I'll make it easier

If you use a blatant, poo poo rhetorical fallacy to make your point, then your point is poo poo, do better, I believe in you, i'm sure you can.

Yes, when you change "Assume they are operating in good faith" to "Assume they are operating in bad faith" it does rather change things. For someone upset about a supposed strawman you do seem fond of them.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 13, 2019

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

7c Nickel posted:

Yes, when you change "Assume they are operating in good faith" to "Assume they are operating in bad faith" it does rather change things. For someone upset about a supposed strawman you do seem rather fond of them.

This was your original point, just to be clear:

quote:

Ok, so the artist has come forward with their defense.

"This is a dystopia and Corporations monetize everything in the future, including trans bodies. It is the Corporations exploiting everyone that is bad."

Ok, let's assume they're being completely truthful. I would then have to ask, if someone set out to make the statement

"Trans people are unnatural and their public presence is a sign of this future dystopia's moral failings. Look at this ad featuring a female presenting person with a giant highly detailed Tom of Finland bulge alongside a joke about "Mixing it up". Aren't you disgusted/maybe a little aroused?"

would there be anything different about the ad between those two statements? And if the answer is not really, are you sure you have a good enough handle on the subject to do this?

No one, even the lovely transphobic comments earlier in the thread, was saying 'Trans people are unnatural ' no one was saying that, at all. So you were, quite literally, creating a loving strawman (Because you used the words 'if someone set out to make the statement' ) that you both created the question of, and then answered.

(hint, and the reason why it's a strawman, is that when you say 'I would then have to ask, if someone set out to make the statement' no one was saying that. It's exactly as valid as me saying 'how would you think about 7c Nickel if someone came out and showed how he was a nazi...because no one is actually saying that, seriously, how loving hard is this basic matter of logic and rhetoric for you to understand?)

So please, please show anyone in this thread who used the words 'Trans people are unnatural and their public presence is a sign of this future dystopia's moral failings. ' because otherwise, you were entirely creating a false argument, you could argue against, for whatever loving reason.

As I said before, argue the actual issue, not your own imaginary bullshit no one was actually saying. And this is as me not being happy with CDRP on it, but your argument just weakens the entire issue, because it's so utterly loving poo poo.

PS monowhips are loving awesome, and I have no idea how they'll represent the critical failure where you cut off your own limb but i'm all down with that.

PST fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 13, 2019

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone know if there's a high quality version of the short gameplay trailer shown after the cg video?

All I've seen are rips from the conference stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-oELPobvo
Best quality I've found.

Maybe we need a thread for speculating about potential social issues in Cyberpunk 2077 and keep this thread to gameplay speculation. I feel this discussion has merit and is needed, I just don't want to dig through D&D slapfights on the Games forum.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

PST posted:

This was your original point, just to be clear:

No one, even the lovely transphobic comments earlier in the thread, was saying 'Trans people are unnatural ' no one was saying that, at all. So you were, quite literally, creating a loving strawman (Because you used the words 'if someone set out to make the statement' ) that you both created the question of, and then answered.

(hint, and the reason why it's a strawman, is that when you say 'I would then have to ask, if someone set out to make the statement' no one was saying that. It's exactly as valid as me saying 'how would you think about 7c Nickel if someone came out and showed how he was a nazi...because no one is actually saying that, seriously, how loving hard is this basic matter of logic and rhetoric for you to understand?)

So please, please show anyone in this thread who used the words 'Trans people are unnatural and their public presence is a sign of this future dystopia's moral failings. ' because otherwise, you were entirely creating a false argument, you could argue against, for whatever loving reason.

As I said before, argue the actual issue, not your own imaginary bullshit no one was actually saying. And this is as me not being happy with CDRP on it, but your argument just weakens the entire issue, because it's so utterly loving poo poo.

PS monowhips are loving awesome, and I have no idea how they'll represent the critical failure where you cut off your own limb but i'm all down with that.

If I ever make a statement that can be easily interpreted as being in support of Nazis you can and should rake me over the coals for it, even if I did not intend it that way. Because that would be a lovely statement.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

7c Nickel posted:

If I ever make a statement that can be easily interpreted as being in support of Nazis you can and should rake me over the coals for it, even if I did not intend it that way. Because that would be a lovely statement.

Well done on completely missing all the substantive points there. I think we're done now. Night.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

PST posted:

Well done on completely missing all the substantive points there. I think we're done now. Night.

Your point seems to be that if you completely change the meaning of my statements, it means something different. Good job. I never accused anyone in this thread of having those sentiments. I never accused CDPR of having those sentiments. I accused CDPR of producing a piece of art that has a super lovely reading because they're playing with incredibly charged imagery and don't seem to be doing it with enough finesse to pull it off

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 13, 2019

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

weg posted:

Maybe we need a thread for speculating about potential social issues in Cyberpunk 2077 and keep this thread to gameplay speculation. I feel this discussion has merit and is needed, I just don't want to dig through D&D slapfights on the Games forum.

Nah, that sort of setup never works all that well. Besides, discussing social issues in a game literally called Cyberpunk seems pretty loving appropriate since exploring those issues is kinda sorta the whole point of the genre it's named for.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Plus 1 for the separate thread for social impact.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Was it Cyberpunk where there were gangs of celebrity impersonators who got reconstructive surgery etc to resemble their idols? I imagine thats gotta factor into a quest at some point.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Hamelekim posted:

Plus 1 for the separate thread for social impact.

Dunno. How good of a selling point is it when you come to the Big Thread, full of skepticism, and wondering, "What are the flaws? What has the Goon Mind all twisted up and concerned about the quality of this product?" and then find out that it's this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Imagine if when you're walking around in Cyberpunk 2077 you come across two genderfluid cyborgs standing in front of the poster, complaining in exasperated tones about how lovely it feels to be objectified

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Was it Cyberpunk where there were gangs of celebrity impersonators who got reconstructive surgery etc to resemble their idols? I imagine thats gotta factor into a quest at some point.

Yes, and a bunch of them do it for Johnny Silverhand specifically

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, they're called poser gangs.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Dandywalken posted:

There's a gang called the Brady Bunch. It's what it sounds like it is.

Night City has some crazy poo poo in it and I'm very interested to see how much of that makes it into the game.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Whip is obviously superior. You can prob stunlock enemies who could belt your rear end if you had blades

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

We better get multiple Keanus

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you customize the car?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

esperterra posted:

We better get multiple Keanus

Is Keanu even a real person and not a figment of your Cyber-imagination like some sort of Tyler Durden? He glitches and becomes transparent in the trailer like he's a hologram

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Cyber psychosis

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I hope the quest options include wasting them for being imperfect clones, or helping them steal genetic material to become the perfect image of their idol.

Or you get to troll them by putting your BrainKeanu on speakerphone and having him talk poo poo to them.

I'm sure we'll get some fun quest choices, I remember there being quite a few amusing outcomes in Witcher 3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i saw that but it's not great quality, but thanks

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is Keanu even a real person and not a figment of your Cyber-imagination like some sort of Tyler Durden? He glitches and becomes transparent in the trailer like he's a hologram

it's cyberpunk, what do you mean by "real person"?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
If you help Keanu get his body back, does that make him Keanu Sleeved?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wicked Them Beats posted:

There's a gang called the Brady Bunch. It's what it sounds like it is.

Night City has some crazy poo poo in it and I'm very interested to see how much of that makes it into the game.

The most dangerous gang being psychotic clowns has to be in.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grand Fromage posted:

The most dangerous gang being psychotic clowns has to be in.

That sounds like copyright infringement

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is it bad that i almost wanna drop 250 for the collectors edition and that bomb-rear end statue

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

So the more implants you install, the crazier you get and the more Johnny Silverhands you see.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

He is not your imagination, but he is just an AI recreation of the real guy. And he is in your head Tyler Durden style.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Is it bad that i almost wanna drop 250 for the collectors edition and that bomb-rear end statue

probably.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

probably.

Yeah i mean i wont but it does look cool as poo poo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mike the TV posted:

So the more implants you install, the crazier you get and the more Johnny Silverhands you see.

"Wake up samurai, we've got a city to burn" is absolutely psychotic as gently caress sounding unless you're in shogun times, is all I'm saying.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Johnny Silverhand was also the frontman of the band "Samurai", for what it's worth.
Not that he is necessarily invoking double meanings and idioms here, given how little we know of his role.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hogama posted:

Johnny Silverhand was also the frontman of the band "Samurai", for what it's worth.
Not that he is necessarily invoking double meanings and idioms here, given how little we know of his role.

Wait is Johnny Silverhand the actual name of Keanu's character

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wait is Johnny Silverhand the actual name of Keanu's character

Yes.

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Silverhand

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"Wake up samurai, we've got a city to burn" is absolutely psychotic as gently caress sounding unless you're in shogun times, is all I'm saying.

I think it was still pretty bad back then.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish the voices in my head sounded like Keanu.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arglebargle III posted:

Tell me why I'm wrong. Why is it not gross hypocrisy to tell foreign people that their art needs to reflect American ideas of cultural sensitivity?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alright first off

if the game was reflecting american ideas of "cultural sensitivity" then there would be a lot more white hoods and burning crosses while complaining about people speaking foreign.

secondly

the game is set in america and is being sold in america

thirdly

get off your fake woke high horse you chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sidequest where you try to watch John Wick but oops you accidentally installed the bootleg John Wick AI program and now he's telling you to kill people