Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Chicken liver is great what are you on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

As someone who does occasionally eat weird parts like hearts and jowls, a lot of it is about the preparation, taste, or smell. If you give someone haggis without telling them what it is, they'll probably eat it without complaint. Or my aforementioned chicken hearts that are indistinguishable from beef or pork on a stick. But then you try eating fried chicken liver and gizzards and it's just horrible, with weirdly chewy textures and badly pungent flavor.

Of course it's all about the preparation. Gizzards are supposed to be made in confit (slow cooking in duck fat)

The same applies to all food. Steamed brussels sprouts smell like rear end but sautéed they are delicious. Cooking good food is a learned skill

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spankmeister posted:

Chicken liver is great what are you on about.

They taste like grit and metal to some people apparently, but then I just boil a whole container of them in salt water and eat them like meat popcorn.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

that’s where baby carrots come from

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tony Snark posted:

They taste like grit and metal to some people apparently

That happens with just about every liver if you overcook 'em, in my experience.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The trick for chicken livers is to soak them overnight in milk to pull all the piss and metal flavor out of them, and then sear them hard without overcooking.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The trick for chicken livers is to soak them overnight in milk to pull all the piss and metal flavor out of them, and then sear them hard without overcooking.

Is there a way to remove the metal and retain the piss?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Soak them in piss after the milk

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

In 'things surprisingly not from The Onion'

(Alright, the article mentioned select BKs will have ST swag available to buy, but also this)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

As someone who does occasionally eat weird parts like hearts and jowls, a lot of it is about the preparation, taste, or smell. If you give someone haggis without telling them what it is, they'll probably eat it without complaint. Or my aforementioned chicken hearts that are indistinguishable from beef or pork on a stick. But then you try eating fried chicken liver and gizzards and it's just horrible, with weirdly chewy textures and badly pungent flavor.

fried chicken livers and gizzards own

thanks for coming to my ted talk

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"give me your sins"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I have been eating grilled beef marrow for the last 30 years. It's a classic brasserie dish (just like steak tartare). But I have also been eating pork feet, ears and brain, veal liver and kidneys, and snail with garlic. Also all popular dish from French/Western european cuisine that Americans would probably think are disgusting

No it's not a new fad and it's delicious

None of that is a new fad in the US, either.

But marrow is currently having a surge in popularity here, perhaps because some municipalities have banned (and there is a lot of outcry against) foie gras.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

"give me your sins"

Usul has ordered a big one!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Boomer recipes always impress me with the sheer number of ingredients and amount of preparation put into creating utter garbage.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

chitoryu12 posted:

Boomer recipes always impress me with the sheer number of ingredients and amount of preparation put into creating utter garbage.

I'm the raisins in the picture that are not involved anywhere in the recipe.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wtf :randno:

Peanut butter and raisin sandwiches are legit, though.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I'm the ultra-specific instructions on how to freezer-pack the sandwich to take into work.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

I knew the probe would happen soon, but not like this. Not like this.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Would

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Usul has ordered a big one!

Again, it is the recipe.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I don't recall you being offered a choice in re: Peanutty Baconwiches

BMX Ninja posted:

I'm the ultra-specific instructions on how to freezer-pack the sandwich to take into work.

Love the Peanutty Baconwiches. Hold them.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I knew the probe would happen soon, but not like this. Not like this.

More like Sandwich Jackboot.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Randaconda posted:

Hell to the yes. Putting my little box of Sunmaid raisins into my peanut butter & jelly sandwich is a comforting childhood memory.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress yes I would

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Kraft Potato Fudge thing is a joke, though there are really recipes for fudge with mashed potatoes in them.

This looks delicious, also NO PIZZA RULES

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

AlbieQuirky posted:

This looks delicious, also NO PIZZA RULES

There's no pan-style browning/crispiness around the sides -- I don't trust it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the pizza casserole might be good, but I can't tell what's in it based on the pic.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Apparently this is a thing

Kraft Salad Frosting

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

What's nice about screaming and sobbing for forty five unbroken minutes is that it really clears up the sinuses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDzDukmSsE

Edit: if you're just shooting for most efficient misery per second then skip to about fifteen minutes where they defrost a turkey in the microwave through the magic of tin foil

Edit2: I lied I did a terrible lie the misery lives short of twenty eight minutes in and its name is PORK SAUSAGE RING

DoombatINC has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jun 14, 2019

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

TofuDiva posted:

Apparently this is a thing

Kraft Salad Frosting

Eh, that kind of salad dressing is more accurately described as salad frosting imo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

In 'things surprisingly not from The Onion'

(Alright, the article mentioned select BKs will have ST swag available to buy, but also this)
God I hate Stranger Things now

e: it's not the whopper that did it, more the general oversaturation of merchandise, but this is where I finally post about it as I'm sure you've all been waiting for

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The light toss with the hand mixer then mixing it later with a tablespoon amuses me. Like they threw a bunch of random mixing methods on little strips of paper in a hat and pulled a random one out and that's just how they decided.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picnic Princess posted:

The light toss with the hand mixer then mixing it later with a tablespoon amuses me. Like they threw a bunch of random mixing methods on little strips of paper in a hat and pulled a random one out and that's just how they decided.

Step 1: get out the thing you have to plug in and that you hate cleaning the most
Step 2: dip lightly into food, remove
Step 3: unplug, stow cord, clean everything

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Heard y'all like ketchup on your hot dog pizza sandwiches