Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Incessant Excess posted:

Not sure exactly what the policy on links to indexers is but there is a private (minor) one open for registrations today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/

Top post at the moment.

It's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
So OP has not posted in this thread since 2016. Think we can get a new thread started because there's more options than SAnzb out there now.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm in the process of switching servers. Since I'm doing that I'm going to use Sonarr instead of Sickbeard. All the media lives on external drives. Will I need to individually add shows back to Sonarr or is there some kind of way I can point Sonarr to the TV folder and it will suck in all my shows?

I'm staying with SABNzbd; can I just install it and then copy the config file? Easier than going through all the individual settings changes I've made over the years. I'd be doing this right now but forgot to turn off the sleep setting and so I can't remote the server. duh.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

porktree posted:

I'm in the process of switching servers. Since I'm doing that I'm going to use Sonarr instead of Sickbeard. All the media lives on external drives. Will I need to individually add shows back to Sonarr or is there some kind of way I can point Sonarr to the TV folder and it will suck in all my shows?

Yes, there's a setting to import existing series on a disk.

porktree posted:

I'm staying with SABNzbd; can I just install it and then copy the config file? Easier than going through all the individual settings changes I've made over the years. I'd be doing this right now but forgot to turn off the sleep setting and so I can't remote the server. duh.

Yes. I don't know the specifics since it's been a year since I did the same, but it's possible.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Hello Spaceman posted:

Yes, there's a setting to import existing series on a disk.
I'll look for that option, I had only seen ability to add a single series at a time. Thanks.

edit: All done, I see how it works now; it reads all the 'shows' below the directory level you select, and then you add them or not in the list. If you add them they disappear from the list. Which is still a little tedious, but better than the grunt work of individual selection.

A fair warning, all your quality will be set to ANY, but you can select all your shows and modify that to the quality you normally use.

Also, regarding SABNzbd; I took everything from %LOCALAPPDATA%\sabnzbd and all I lost was my history; all the settings stayed. I did have to fix the category directories as they were referring to a computers specific path.

porktree fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 7, 2019

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Does anybody know any script for nzbget for renaming the files you download? For example media files.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Billa posted:

Does anybody know any script for nzbget for renaming the files you download? For example media files.
That's what library management tools like Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr are for. I'm sure there are also scripts thrown together by the stubborn few who refuse to use the fully automated tools, but they won't be as functional or be as well supported.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

wolrah posted:

That's what library management tools like Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr are for. I'm sure there are also scripts thrown together by the stubborn few who refuse to use the fully automated tools, but they won't be as functional or be as well supported.

I've downloaded Radarr and I'm trying to set it up, and even though I read the instructions I don't know what I am doing. My indexer (dognzb) doesn't show in the indexer tab, and the only thing I've accomplished is linking NZBGet.

Any tips for a newbie with Radarr please?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t have dog in my arsenal, but I imagine it runs on newznab so you just need to set it as custom newznab, grab the api key and point it in the right direction. If dog has a forum, search radarr and someone will undoubtedly have made a post about it before.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
yeah, Dog is just https://api.dognzb.cr and the API key from your Dog account.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Billa posted:

I've downloaded Radarr and I'm trying to set it up, and even though I read the instructions I don't know what I am doing. My indexer (dognzb) doesn't show in the indexer tab, and the only thing I've accomplished is linking NZBGet.

Any tips for a newbie with Radarr please?

Just a little suggestion, set up NZB Hydra and feed dog into it. Then feed hydra into Radarr/Sonarr. It sounds silly but it makes adding new indexers a breeze.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Also the dog API is crap and will just fail for no reason a lot of the time

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Quick FYI in case anyone is stupid like me: if your speeds are slow for what seem like no reason, it may be that you put your download folder onto an external USB HDD. I was wringing my hands over why it was maxing at like 30 MB/sec or something for days until I finally realized. Good grief.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sweet humblebrag ;)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

You need under 250mbps to max out an external USB drive as far as I can tell dude, if you consider that some unattainable god speed then I don't know what to say. Thanks for being a dick though.

It's just a funny scenario and for me at least, confused me for almost 2 weeks. I laughed pretty hard when I realized the problem.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you think saying humblebrag in terms of getting 30 megabytes out of notoriously stingy Usenet providers with a winking smiling is ‘being a dick’, then I don’t know what to say.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Taima posted:

You need under 250mbps to max out an external USB drive as far as I can tell dude

Are you using a USB 2.0 drive, or perhaps some really mediocre 2.5" drive. Any modern 3.5" external on USB 3.0 should be able to do 100MBps easy.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

How do I make Sonarr rescan the downloads folder? This was easy with Sick.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wanted -> Manual Import

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it doesn’t check download folders as such, but communicates with your download tool so it knows what to expect* and moves on completion. The ‘checking a folder’ sounds more like the Factory function that got removed a while ago, so if you’re seeing that without a ton of warnings on it saying it’s way outdated you need to update the software.

Manual Import as above will pick up everything and let you file it as you need.

* although it always confuses me, usually radarr I believe, when it grabs a file then gets confused by the output file and doesn’t know what to do.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Mustache Ride posted:

Wanted -> Manual Import

EL BROMANCE posted:

Manual Import as above will pick up everything and let you file it as you need.

Thanks - worked perfect. I was worried also because I'll manually have SAB grab some episodes, and wasn't sure how I'd get them into Sonarr, but now I know. I really like the way SAB and Sonarr talk to each other.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Is it safe to buy premium in nzbgeek?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sonarr/Radarr will sometimes lose track of the completion of a download in SABNZBD and wont post process on its own. the status bar always shows as completed with 00:00:00 remaining in Sonarr, but it just wont move the file and rename, and needs a manual import run.

the easiest way I have found to get around this is to simply have SABNZBD categories and have all TV stuff sent to a TV folder, which is then in my recent directories for manual import. So i just select the folder, hit import manually and have it pick up anything thats in there that hasnt yet moved.

its annoying but works.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Is Radarr working for anyone? I've got it setup, tested everything and as a final shot added a movie that fit the criteria to be matched. I was on dog and so I told Radarr to do a search. It came back with no results. Over night and still no movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't have dog so I can't test that aspect, but everything looks normal on my end. I mean, it's installed software that usually prompts you to update, so there's not many circumstances where *it* will suddenly stop working out of nowhere. The movie you're doing a search for is definitely appearing on dog? and you've tried a few different films just in case it's that one particular one that's causing an issue? You've pressed the 'Test' button in the indexer setup and it's reporting everything is good?

There's always a possibility there's something wrong with their API at the moment, see if anyone on their site is reporting similar issues.

e: 'Enable Search' is YES in the indexer setup too, right?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

porktree posted:

Is Radarr working for anyone? I've got it setup, tested everything and as a final shot added a movie that fit the criteria to be matched. I was on dog and so I told Radarr to do a search. It came back with no results. Over night and still no movie.

Do a manual search, it'll show you all matching entries and if it has a red icon you can mouse over that and see why it's not downloading.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't have dog so I can't test that aspect, but everything looks normal on my end. I mean, it's installed software that usually prompts you to update, so there's not many circumstances where *it* will suddenly stop working out of nowhere. The movie you're doing a search for is definitely appearing on dog? and you've tried a few different films just in case it's that one particular one that's causing an issue? You've pressed the 'Test' button in the indexer setup and it's reporting everything is good?

There's always a possibility there's something wrong with their API at the moment, see if anyone on their site is reporting similar issues.

e: 'Enable Search' is YES in the indexer setup too, right?

Yes, the movie is/was there, I will try a couple of movies. Haha, it is plugged in; ie, I have pressed the test button and its' working, and enable search is on. I'll play around with it some more, maybe use nbz.su instead of dog and see what happens.

Also thanks wolrah.

edit: Welp, it's working now. Tried several different movies and no issues. Thanks.

porktree fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 13, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

porktree posted:

Yes, the movie is/was there, I will try a couple of movies. Haha, it is plugged in; ie, I have pressed the test button and its' working, and enable search is on. I'll play around with it some more, maybe use nbz.su instead of dog and see what happens.

Also thanks wolrah.

edit: Welp, it's working now. Tried several different movies and no issues. Thanks.

Excellent! And yeah I totally forgot it might not be obvious to hit that 'manual search' button that Wolrah mentioned, it's second nature when you get used to it - especally as I don't trust automatic when there's a bunch of releases out already, as people label like poo poo and it can confuse the software.

Always gotta start with the most obvious issues, shame we couldn't nail what stopped it from working originally but hopefully everything is in sync now.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
nevermind

sedative fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 14, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sedative posted:

There's a new provider reselling UsenetExpress called UsenetPrime. They currently have a special on 500GB blocks for $1, 1 TB blocks for $3 and monthly unlimited for $3 https://usenetprime.com/usenet-special/

UsenetExpress is a Tier 1 provider, so it's worth buying a block from UsenetPrime if you don't already have UsenetExpress imo.

Just a heads up, I just bought a block and it's not working with my username. Filling out a support ticket now. I only used my PayPal and used a completely new password, but who knows. :shrug:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Silly Burrito posted:

Just a heads up, I just bought a block and it's not working with my username. Filling out a support ticket now. I only used my PayPal and used a completely new password, but who knows. :shrug:

Yeah sorry, that's why I edited it out. I signed up for a $1 block and it's not working. The password for the site isn't the same as the password for the news server, but they don't tell you that password anywhere. They seem to have jumped the gun a bit on their grand opening.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Are you using a USB 2.0 drive, or perhaps some really mediocre 2.5" drive. Any modern 3.5" external on USB 3.0 should be able to do 100MBps easy.

Yeah that's a good point I probably have a poo poo external drive, it was a Costco special 6GB drive a while ago so it could very well be USB 2.0.

EL BROMANCE posted:

If you think saying humblebrag in terms of getting 30 megabytes out of notoriously stingy Usenet providers with a winking smiling is ‘being a dick’, then I don’t know what to say.

I mean not to be that dude but I'm seeing 60MB/s out of Newsgroup Ninja with the $2 a month plan or whatever got posted recently so if people are having issues getting above 30MB I guess I would recommend them.

I've also heard that NZBget can offer better download speeds compared to SAB but I've never actually tried it.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

sedative posted:

Yeah sorry, that's why I edited it out. I signed up for a $1 block and it's not working. The password for the site isn't the same as the password for the news server, but they don't tell you that password anywhere. They seem to have jumped the gun a bit on their grand opening.

Does raising a support ticket work to get hold of that password?

I signed up his morning and suffered the same issue, the email they send doesn't actually list the login details and I can't see it anywhere on the site.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

norp posted:

Does raising a support ticket work to get hold of that password?

I signed up his morning and suffered the same issue, the email they send doesn't actually list the login details and I can't see it anywhere on the site.

I had trouble finding the username too. Once you login on the site, click on services then click on your plan. It'll display the username there.

As for the password, I contacted support and he told me part of some password that wasn't the one I signed up with, so they're generating their own passwords and not giving it to us. People in the reddit thread said if you reset your password on that page that displays your username the new password starts working about 10 minutes later. I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Another fun fact, their password reset functionality is broken too.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

norp posted:

Another fun fact, their password reset functionality is broken too.

Try the password reset after clicking on your plan on this page https://usenetprime.com/portal/clientarea.php?action=services I waited a few minutes and the new password started working. That changes the password for the news server, not the site login. What a mess!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Yeah, I've messed up my site login password and can't log in at all.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

sedative posted:

Try the password reset after clicking on your plan on this page https://usenetprime.com/portal/clientarea.php?action=services I waited a few minutes and the new password started working. That changes the password for the news server, not the site login. What a mess!

Yeah, I had used some chars that I wasn't sure would work as password, so I changed the password, and a few minutes later, sabnzbd was able to connect.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Is there a way in Radarr to start a download without going into the download and click on "Search"? Forgot to say that I've already have the file in my Radarr, but it doesn't start downloading unless I click on the little search button.

Billa fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Billa posted:

Is there a way in Radarr to start a download without going into the download and click on "Search"? Forgot to say that I've already have the file in my Radarr, but it doesn't start downloading unless I click on the little search button.

If it's monitored and there's a valid entry, you're just waiting for the task to run again.