Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of this Keanu Reeves business has made me want to check out the John Wick trilogy. I've never seen the movies. I love him in the Matrix movies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh friend you are going to have a good time.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I said come in! posted:

All of this Keanu Reeves business has made me want to check out the John Wick trilogy. I've never seen the movies. I love him in the Matrix movies though.

John Wick is extremely cool and good.
The first one is p much perfect, and while the sequels are sorta messy at times they run on rule of cool when needed in the good way and own. Keanu puts a lot of effort into doing his own stunts and it shows.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I’m going to see 3 right now!

If you don’t mind violence, which I assume you don’t if you’re in this thread, they’re just fun as poo poo, very self-aware movies.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gah I really want to see the digital version of these posters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

Yes please, they are all amazing looking.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

frajaq posted:

gently caress I want to frame them all.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

frajaq posted:

Here is one:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1139547806421651456

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The stars on her leg are almost exactly like that one chick who got them all over her face and then melted down regretting it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“Sponsored Entropism” would be a decent username.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What is the most cyber punk computer case?

I'm thinking a filthy milk crate but the components are all water cooled with monolithic blocks of chromed metal

There would be plenty of extremely weird peripheral connections like modern monitor and a fuckin dot matrix printer or some poo poo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm thinking a filthy milk crate but the components are all water cooled with monolithic blocks of chromed metal

There would be plenty of extremely weird peripheral connections like modern monitor and a fuckin dot matrix printer or some poo poo

A human body, peripheral cords sticking out of gashes in the body to jack directly into the implants. Whether it's more cyberpunk if the body is alive or dead I'm not sure.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The milk crate is made out of PCBs, rebar, and strips of worryingly-organic looking polymer that always appears to be set.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A cinder block with big slow turning fans pushed into it. The cords and poo poo go in from a small hole in the side. The other cell of the block has a small 4" crt crammed into it and whenever someone jacks in the fans go from slow to turbojet and the crt has to be degaussed.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
My brain refuses to accept a car with two front axles.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
they're already real irl

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

they're already real irl

How well does that car drive?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

"The 1970s produced some wild innovations in F1, none stranger than the six-wheeled Tyrell. The idea was that four small front wheels created less drag, more brake-disc area and a bigger tyre-contact patch. The reality was that despite driving it to first place in the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix, Jody Sheckter described it as ‘junk’."

the purple one has this blurb:
"The genius of Tyrell struck a chord with Robert Jankl, owner of retro-curio sports-car maker Panther, inspiring him to make a six-wheeled supercar that same year. The ludicrous claimed 200mph top speed was matched by a price that could have put a couple of Ferraris in your garage, but fortunately Panther went bust before anyone could be quite that stupid."

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm going to at least try Cyberpunk's customization. Mass Effect's only produced true monsters for me so I always went default.

If I can't turn my pc into a hideous patchwork golem then I'm not going to bother. Turning femshep into a revenant creature of nightmare was half the fun of ME.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Collateral posted:

If I can't turn my pc into a hideous patchwork golem then I'm not going to bother. Turning femshep into a revenant creature of nightmare was half the fun of ME.

The devs have said they're working on the character creation being malleable and on top of that having the opportunity to change out cosmetic parts on your robo head. I bet you'll be able to make an absolutely gross PC. I want my first run to have some exposed metal and poo poo. Just 100% terminator mode.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

JBP posted:

The devs have said they're working on the character creation being malleable and on top of that having the opportunity to change out cosmetic parts on your robo head. I bet you'll be able to make an absolutely gross PC. I want my first run to have some exposed metal and poo poo. Just 100% terminator mode.

BEEP BEEP. SAMURAI-BOT 4000 CHALLENGES YOU TO AN HONOR DUEL. PLEASE RESPOND.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

BEEP BEEP. SAMURAI-BOT 4000 CHALLENGES YOU TO AN HONOR DUEL. PLEASE RESPOND.

*hail of gunfire*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not many games have a completely customizable face generator anymore. though maybe i just haven't been playing the right games.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

JBP posted:

I fully plan on mine just being as lumpy as possible

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I wonder if we'll get a stat transfer system or cosmetic slots for clothing. I really hope we're not forced to sacrifice fashion for stat boosts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

JBP posted:

Futurama mods now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

chitoryu12 posted:

Futurama mods now.

Oh boy I can only wait for the mods.

God I love mods

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

KakerMix posted:

Oh boy I can only wait for the mods.

God I love mods

This thread is a great place to hang out if you want to see mods

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JBP posted:

That would be cool I just really hope you will be able to play this in third person. The environments look good and I haven't seen a lot of the game but the limp looking combat and cringe design decisions are putting it in "buy it used after the price drops" territory for me so far. It kind of looks like Mankind Divided with a motorcycle

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't expect it to be Doom or Stalker and it doesn't look as bad as Fallout but everything I've seen so far just seems so "PC RPG" and I guess I'm not the target audience for that gameplay style. I just wish there was a game with a setting and a bit of depth like this that had responsive, substantial combat and I will be happily surprised if this is it

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And all that stuff about positive minority representation in the game is "our games aren't political" style PR weaseling

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cyberpunk is inherently political, I have no idea where you’re getting that from.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

puve posted:

That would be cool I just really hope you will be able to play this in third person. The environments look good and I haven't seen a lot of the game but the limp looking combat and cringe design decisions are putting it in "buy it used after the price drops" territory for me so far. It kind of looks like Mankind Divided with a motorcycle

You can't play in 3rd

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah there's no way you'll be able to play this game in third person even if you somehow mod it in. Way too many indoor environments

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm not too worried about the combat in this game. The combat was the worst part of Witcher 3 and the combat in Witcher 3 was pretty good.

Actually the underwater combat was the worst part of Witcher 3.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's too bad if they confirmed it will be 100% first person, sort of takes a lot away from any potential character customization. There are plenty of third person games that have indoor environments so I doubt that's the reason. The combat in Witcher 3 wasn't bad but it wasn't great either imo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe this game will have lots of reflective surfaces.

Oooh what if there are side quests that are only available when you become suitably visually modded, like there’s gangbangers who won’t even talk to you if you still look human, that would be sweet.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe this game will have lots of reflective surfaces.

RTX BABY!!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Oh friend you are going to have a good time.

Watched the first movie today. What an amazing action flick! The cinematography was incredible and so well done, it makes the action sequences extremely intense and realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
2 and 3 huff too many of their own farts and sacrifice good action cinema rules for bad crappy world-building but the fight scenes remain very enjoyable...

Almost exactly like another famous Reeves trilogy HMMMMMM