Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah seems like Vienna but a couple things just pinging me

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if steak flips town it's almost endgame so don't hold back if you got town abilities and have been laying low

Kind of a weird post if you had rolecopped him as vanilla

Also your "anything to tell the group" post at Vienna is strange, like did you just want her to get scared and say she was the godfather? Why all the mystery and drama since there was no answer vienna was going to give you that was going to stop you from claiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I'm going to be out for the next several hours for Father's Day, so I'm going to scribble some quick thoughts and come back to this later.

Your explanation was straightforward enough, and it's a weird claim, which makes it a bit more plausible to me. Easier for you to fake claim cop if you're just scum going for a frame than to come up with town rolecop. Unless that's the point??

I really don't like that you only have results on players that have already flipped, though. Can you explain why you chose the targets that you did? I need to reread your posts and see if they make sense in context of your claimed investigations.

Town godfather would make sense as a Miller role to a rolecop, if anyone wanted to claim. I agree a bus driver is unlikely, but we've yet to see any scum flips. If town has a rolecop, I doubt scum has one, and with a town jailer flipped, I doubt there's a scum roleblocker. That feels like overlap.

I don't know where I end up on this. I'm going to need to reread. More when I'm back from seeing Dad.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Right I forgot to add

Mr. Humalong posted:

We should test this claim by voting Jen

GD, if JenX dies, do you leave the game?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that depends. are you going to kill her.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah seems like Vienna but a couple things just pinging me

Kind of a weird post if you had rolecopped him as vanilla

Also your "anything to tell the group" post at Vienna is strange, like did you just want her to get scared and say she was the godfather? Why all the mystery and drama since there was no answer vienna was going to give you that was going to stop you from claiming

isn't "vanilla" also a scum role?

also i explained my coyness already. are you just skimming?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Sounds like it could be. Vanilla is also what a godfather would likely claim

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jen X posted:

love you too

but vienna is probably scum, yeah

lol, I'm not trying to be mean, but it's been less than town if you're town. MAYBE, just maybe, I'm a tiny bit biased because you always set your phasers to DESTROY AA AT ANY COST, and as such I wonder...

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think my role would be pretty busted if jen was scum.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

HELLO I WILL LITERALLY VOTE ANYONE

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

OMGVBFLOL posted:

the day just started dude. you worried?
No, you're more or less making my point for me. I'm not worried about anything because it's the beginning of the day. My problem with your post was already summed up pretty well by Hal, actually:

Hal Incandenza posted:

There's no real merit to the dramatic 'Got anything to say? :smug:' play if you're planning to claim results on them later on. The masturbatory ego stroke is just pointless given you've done little else this game.

But hey, congrats on probably finally being useful. :golfclap:

(More on this later since I'm handling everything in chronological order as I read.)

b-minus1 posted:

You don’t seem particularly concerned that town is very close to losing the game. At this point not claiming is scummy af. I’m vt btw. Just realized I hadn’t claimed
This post rubs me the wrong way - you are expressing assumptions about the game set-up that town players do not have.

Mr. Humalong posted:

We should test this claim by voting Jen
If a non-traditional 3P role losing the game would result in them leaving we probably shouldn't lynch Jen solely based on testing it - assuming all claims are truthful, we lose a town player and an additional vote that is motivated to assist the town.

While I think the claim is obviously absurd, there are better reasons to lynch Jen (previous day's play). But...

See, why couldn't you have just lead with this? There's some actual thoughtfulness, but I don't know how much merit that is in speculating about the setup. I mean this insofar as we have no reason thus far to suspect there is a bus-driver or redirection based on anything anyone has said in thread.

That said, if there is odd role shenanigans going on, I do not see a reason for Spacing to counter-claim VT as opposed to just claiming town godfather. Assuming no redirection roles (which I do), Spacing is lying about their role rather than owning up to weird role shenanigans.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

mikujin and bminus are frontrunners for scum under the redirection theory. mikujin pressed me to claim asap and has lurked ever since, and bminus freaked out and spammed posts

the occams razor vienna is scum theory is still afloat but I need time to weigh the two.
There was nothing wrong with calling out your ~subtle~ play as unhelpful. That I had better things to do on Father's Day weekend than play Mafia should not be an indictment of lurking, either. Heck, I even made mention I'd be absent (though longer than expected because my wife rocks).

Just looking for clarity here: you are currently deciding whether you've caught someone in a lie or whether there's a bus-driver at play?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Redirection just seems unlikely, I dunno
Agreed.

A lot of setup speculation to distract from the conflict in claim.

b-minus1 posted:

thanks for clarifying. i find it unlikely that there are 4 scum in a 13 player game. with that said, i dont think we need to wait until deadline to vote. not saying we should turbo vienna, only that we don't need to stress out near deadline. vienna is toast
Earlier you assert we are on the verge of losing, now you're confident we are not. You advocate for not withholding votes, but also you don't vote despite seemingly being confident you know what's going to happen. I don't know how many fences we have seen in this game but you have sat on all of them.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Traditionally, vanilla is the role for anyone without a power role.

:siren: It is unlikely I'll be re-visiting the thread again today. Trying to make this abundantly clear. :siren:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

:ninja: Re-reading Spacing, OMG, and b- is on my to-do list for tomorrow. :ninja:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you quote too many posts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

so miku, after I explained clearly, is still butthurt that i made room for scum to make mistakes

top tier town play

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

then again i have a history of thinking up labyrinthine solutions to simple results so gently caress if I know

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

OMGVBFLOL posted:

then again i have a history of thinking up labyrinthine solutions to simple results so gently caress if I know

Same

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mikujin, obviously it sucks that he haven’t dunked scum, but yes I do feel better knowing that someone has a result on my top scum read. If we hit scum today then we have a shot to win.

Here, I’ll vote ##vote Vienna

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

How do you have a town Godfather?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's simple. Dunk siv. If shes not scum dunk omg.

##vote SiV

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

What

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mikujin posted:

I do not see a reason for Spacing to counter-claim VT as opposed to just claiming town godfather.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lol mikujin

I'll vote after work tomorrow prob

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jen X posted:

I 100% do and entrust my life to his gentle hands

Are you being serious here? If so, why?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That's a hell of a thing to hide. I mean I believe it because I had siv pegged for scum at one point and have since latched onto jenx because of her awful play in this game

What is the "that" in "that's a hell of a thing to hide"?

Also you had me pegged as scum because ... I voted for you.

Nobody is bothering to read or case this game, just shuffling along and doing whatever.

It's simple. Dunk siv. If shes not scum dunk omg.

##vote SiV

Like this. This is bad and you should feel bad. When I flip town, it's possible omg pulled a fast one. It's also possible that he got bad intel. Omg should not be an auto lynch. How can you not realize that?!

You want to dunk me, whatever, that's probably inevitable at this point, but maybe actually try to play the game, here, before we run out of people.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you're asking a lot of questions when you could, as scum godfather, join forces with me

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

that depends. are you going to kill her.

Sunshine I am almost definitely getting lynched today, and I'm VT to boot. How on Earth do you think I'm going to kill anyone?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

He doesn't accept your explanation and would like more.

Also I asked you a few questions. Why haven't you answered them? I want to know why you picked the targets you did, and whether you acknowledge that it's convenient for you that all of them but me already flipped.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hum. Are you reading the pages? This came up.

Is anyone reading anyone else's posts?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

How can you be VT and godfather. the math doesn't work out, I'm afraid.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ugh mikujin if I quote you I have to post the whole rear end thing or else delete like a mofo just to get the part I want and gently caress that I'm on mobile.

So you blah blah blah'd my entire post into setup spec. Someone I had pegged as town got a wrong result on me ... and it's scummy to speculate on setup? Should I just blindly go "he scum then lol omgus"?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's worth a shot

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

spacing in vienna posted:

He doesn't accept your explanation and would like more.

Also I asked you a few questions. Why haven't you answered them? I want to know why you picked the targets you did, and whether you acknowledge that it's convenient for you that all of them but me already flipped.

i picked inf n1 because, while we didn't have hardly fuckall to go on, I wanted to pick someone and he was bein a weirdo

i picked steak n2 because my main scum reads were AA and steak, and i felt more confident about Aa after the weird "fine just vote me areegh [wall of text]" meltdown, so i hedged

i picked you n3 because after steak's flip i was questioning everything

and yeah I wish i had more proof but rolecop is so often a scum role that i figured revealing it before I had something actionable would get me heat from town AND scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hum. Are you reading the pages? This came up.

I just reread and no, it didn't.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmmm. Need to think about a few things. Will have to wait until tomorrow ##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
On one hand I think omg is a stinky bullshitter. On the other I've had scum feels from siV for multiple game days.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

for some dumbass reason i'm a town-aligned rolecop. [...]

the other reason is since I'm a rolecop, but town, and we've had a dead miller there's definitely some weird role poo poo goin on; is it weird enough to have a town godfather? that didn't make sense but I didn't have a hard confirm for alignment so I left vienna the opportunity to fess up if they had a bizzare role/alignment combo.

Town godfather would make sense as a Miller role to a rolecop, if anyone wanted to claim. I agree a bus driver is unlikely, but we've yet to see any scum flips. If town has a rolecop, I doubt scum has one, and with a town jailer flipped, I doubt there's a scum roleblocker. That feels like overlap.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I just reread and no, it didn't.

:eng99:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Here's why town godfather as Miller to rolecop doesn't make sense at all in this game. We already had a miller flip.

It was poopsie the cat, RIP mush. Learn I'm never your enemy. Geesh.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

What if it was scum death miller

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

What if it was scum death miller

I see your knight, and I claim it with a pawn.

It like the presence of a town godfather would make little sense in the context of the mostly straight forward game we've been playing.

Augfwarinf this convoluted theory is ludicrous, but I see your move gulag the elder.

What makes most sense is SiV got caught by a straightforward role cop and is scum godfather. Even explaining the possibility of a town godfather on her part is asinine.

Regular cop receives a town result.
Role cop would just receive role name.

But... why would there be a town godfather? Why not just claim Miller early on, or after the mush flip.

I feel like those would have been the strategically more viable options.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

six word poem, summarizing this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I see your knight, and I claim it with a pawn.

It like the presence of a town godfather would make little sense in the context of the mostly straight forward game we've been playing.

Augfwarinf this convoluted theory is ludicrous, but I see your move gulag the elder.

What makes most sense is SiV got caught by a straightforward role cop and is scum godfather. Even explaining the possibility of a town godfather on her part is asinine.

Regular cop receives a town result.
Role cop would just receive role name.

But... why would there be a town godfather? Why not just claim Miller early on, or after the mush flip.

I feel like those would have been the strategically more viable options.

Holy poo poo, I didn't bring it up. Omg did. In his post. Which I actually read. I replied to him, and to the idea, with, hey ok, I guess it could exist, in some weird way. Because I was trying to see if I could see the logic in his reasoning, because I'm trying to determine his alignment.

I'm not "town godfather" and never claimed to be. There is no town godfather. But hum asked how it was even possible and missed that we already had that conversation. So I quoted it.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

six word poem, summarizing this game