Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
there’s always the dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

ufarn posted:

there’s always the dlc

Can't wait for the Cyberpunk IKEA Furniture DLC set.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Norton the First posted:

Do you know what the people who make a fortune in Night City do? They leave Night City for a place that isn't a shithole.

Best ending is Mechwarriors 2: Mercenaries where you performed heroically in the critical battle that held back the Clans, saved the Inner Sphere, blah blah blah, but more importantly you got enough C-Bills to live on a sweet-rear end mega-yacht sipping cocktails.

with that beer can you call a ‘mech?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. i think thats what the opening plot is gonna be about street rat V trying to make all the eddies. but then you stumble onto the chip that has silverhand living inside it and switches tracks

yep. my guess is it will also be arasaka(or their decedent company since i think arasaka got hosed bad after the 4th corperate war) and militech having another cold war and each trying to get the chip. that and silverhand wanting to take a match to the whole shithole system.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It starts off with V just trying to get rich or die trying, and but then s/he gets pulled into something much, much larger then that once Silverhand comes into play.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Can't wait for the Cyberpunk IKEA Furniture DLC set.
We all know cyberfashion and cyberinterior decoration is the endgame if these people now what they're doing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll be the dissenting opinion and say It's like loving impossible to find an apartment in a major city in a reasonable amount of time unless you are fabulously wealthy. In 50 years, inside a corporate hellscape mega-city? I imagine that mobility in your living situation is probably way more difficult and way more tuned to the setting. Honestly, the fact that your in-game apartment isn't one of those Japanese bunk-hostels is a testament to how much V and their partner scrimp and save. Like the space we see them wake up in the first trailer would be like 900 a month in Philly and 2,200 a month in Brooklyn, which means coasting 3+ in San Fran today.

So imagine how crazy space itself will cost in the megacrowded super future.

Also, if you want to play dollhouses, go play Minecraft or Animal Crossing. The best kind of in game home decoration is when your space passively accumulates trophies, junk and weapons from the missions you've completed. Kill a weird boss? His jacket is now draped over the kitchen chair. Break down a weapons manufacturer and steal their poo poo? The next time you go home there are new weapon mounts on the walls. Whether or not these provided in game benefits would be huge, like you can always leave your apartment with full shotgun ammo now because you just stole a lifetime's supply, etc.

If the apartment is just a static hole in the wall safe space that never changes I'll be bummed. Maybe it's based on your class? So like a Solo just has shell casing and whetstones and bullseyes with forks and screwdrivers sticking out of them pinned up, but Techie's would have an increasing mass of cables and monitors slowly accumulating across every surface.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Just lol if you don't combine the best of both worlds and get a foldable ikea cyberchair grafted on your buttcheeks

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

An increasing mass of shell casings and forks slowly accumulating across every surface.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I thought the map was larger than Witcher 3 with added verticality?

:five:

Well on the other hand if it's true, that bike & car whip rear end compared to a horse. It probably will be possible to get to wherever you need to go without too much time. I feel like the place is pretty goddamn dense like in the 45 min demo you blow past a ton of stuff that might not just be set dressing.

ty

Julius CSAR posted:

I dunno if this has already been answered or not since I'm still reading through this thread, but I will answer this as I have much experience with aviation electronics.

These are called "Cannon Plugs" and they do three things: 1) they have the rotating threaded collar because aircraft can experience dramatic vibrations in flight (espc low altitude or high speed/high G military stuff) so they prevent the connections from severing by a cable becoming unplugged and risking losing essential aircraft functions 2) they are "keyed" in that each cannon plug twist ring has notches that align with only one connector on the part they go to i.e. Plug J5 connects to connector lug J5; 3) the large plastic sheath for the connector pins keep the pins from being damaged during time sensitive parts changes, which are important if you're turning aircraft for either passenger service or bomb carrying. Also they're usually self ratcheting which is dope.

This is neat. I've seen them used for like car related poo poo but super wrong so that the cords get all frayed and hosed up. What are they normally for, like data? I get the feeling that it wouldn't even be that it would be like "flap go up" signals or whatever, like real redundant no loving around poo poo.

Stanky Bean posted:

Always cool seeing new plug types, never even seen that manufacturer before. In the world of camera and audio I am used to seeing fancy swiss made fischer or lemo connectors for small stuff. They have like a locking shroud you need to pull back to disconnect (these look like a nightmare to make, they are tiny as gently caress)

or amphenol bayonet connectors in bigger bulkier one off bullshit

aren't those lemos expensive as gently caress too? like the one I posted would cost a few cents or not even a buck or w/e

Eraflure posted:

Just lol if you don't combine the best of both worlds and get a foldable ikea cyberchair grafted on your buttcheeks

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Future companies will just convince us that standing everything is the way to make a futuristic fashion statement to get people convinced that it's great to live in a sardine can-sized apartment

Also 2020's description of Night City kinda remind me of other cities where people move a lot and everyone is very much a tenant a hair away from transience.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Zaphod42 posted:

4kp60 is a fool's errand anyways IMO. 1440p144 is soooo nice for action games. Silky-smooth action is the way to go man. Especially since 1440 with TAA looks pretty dang close to 4K.

I have come to realize this. Need a 27" 1440p monitor though :p

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Slap a Cyberpunk 2077 logo on this and you've got a meme image ready to go

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Corben Dallas has the same apartment during all of Fifth Element so its no big deal :cheeky:

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I have come to realize this. Need a 27" 1440p monitor though :p

Make sure it has gsync or freesync!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Zaphod42 posted:

Corben Dallas has the same apartment during all of Fifth Element so its no big deal :cheeky:

Make sure it has gsync or freesync!

The Acer Predator 21:9 3440x1440 Gsync monitor is probably the best hardware I've ever bought, and I think it is even outclassed now since mine can only do a paltry 90 fps :rolleyes:

Ultrawide (or 21:9 aspect ratio) is definitely the king's ratio.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Why get a chair grafted on my rear end, that's where the rocket launcher goes.

Just lock your cyberlegs to sit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Okay so I just heard a reviewer from E3 say "you can play through the whole game without firing a shot" and I really hope that's true

I probably won't be a pacifist on my first run even if you can, but if you even have the option it means the game has to have lots of roleplaying alternatives which bodes extremely well.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

aren't those lemos expensive as gently caress too? like the one I posted would cost a few cents or not even a buck or w/e

Yep they are extremely pricey just looking at digikey at non bulk pricing, a random 5 pin lemo is about 38 bucks for just the male side for a single one. Even buying in bulk they run way up there. To bring it back into line, I personally may not go for lemo connectors in my cyberjacket. Definitely runs up the cost

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the 2020 rulebook, most people don't have homes, and sleep in those mini-pods or on a small inflatable bed they carry around on their backs with all their other life essentials.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Okay so I just heard a reviewer from E3 say "you can play through the whole game without firing a shot" and I really hope that's true

I probably won't be a pacifist on my first run even if you can, but if you even have the option it means the game has to have lots of roleplaying alternatives which bodes extremely well.

Maybe they just mean that you can sword arm your way through the game instead.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1139337984317149185?s=21

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Taintrunner posted:

From the 2020 rulebook, most people don't have homes, and sleep in those mini-pods or on a small inflatable bed they carry around on their backs with all their other life essentials.

Yeah, take your average goons Minnesota 43k computer janitor salary and you live in the most expensive part of San Fran. Welcome to Night City.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Hengsha / Alice Garden are the images that come to mind for me for this sort of setting.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That roboarm... Is it possible to become Rex 'power' Colt, Cyber commando? That would be my dream for this game.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Lookin for the pros/cons on CD ProjeKt Red

Pros: made the witcher series; still in early evolution of studio; still beloved by players

Cons: had some transfolk problems? also sure to become the blizzard of 2025

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Farrier Theaks posted:

Pros: made the witcher series; still in early evolution of studio; still beloved by players

Can we please not start this again

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Farrier Theaks posted:

they make v i d e o g a m e s

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Not having customizable apartments, or the chance to get that downtown Penthouse is kind of a bummer, considering this was supposed to be a Rags to Riches kind of story.
I think a rags to riches story would run rather against all that stuff they're talking about the corporate boot stamping down on people, the upper class having power and the rest having done, and so on.

"Congrats! You made it, you're part of the privileged corporate class now, here's your penthouse! Turns out social mobility exists!"

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Elukka posted:

I think a rags to riches story would run rather against all that stuff they're talking about the corporate boot stamping down on people, the upper class having power and the rest having done, and so on.

"Congrats! You made it, you're part of the privileged corporate class now, here's your penthouse! Turns out social mobility exists!"

Yeah a classic cyberpunk story ends in basically the same way as a lovecraftian story, with the protagonist having had a glimpse at the machinations of beings far more powerful than he can comprehend and feeling lucky and scarred that they managed to survive.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aside from the setting, Chinatown is an extremely cyberpunk story.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand, look at this kickass art from the Night City sourcebook

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Re: W3 combat chat. I’m taking a CP2077 release date as a deadline and motivation to finish W3 (I’m only lvl 6!) and uh, yeah. The combat is clunky. There’s definitely a rhythm to it and given I don’t really know what I’m doing w oils and potions, etc. I can see how the slow strafing gets old. Especially on bosses with beefy health bars.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Look Sir Droids posted:

Re: W3 combat chat. I’m taking a CP2077 release date as a deadline and motivation to finish W3 (I’m only lvl 6!) and uh, yeah. The combat is clunky. There’s definitely a rhythm to it and given I don’t really know what I’m doing w oils and potions, etc. I can see how the slow strafing gets old. Especially on bosses with beefy health bars.

Dodging is way better than the lovely strafe iirc

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Look Sir Droids posted:

Potions make a HUGE difference in fights

Oils too must mostly the enhanced ones

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

new poster brosephs

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1140272823132254208

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
want that helmet but anyone can easily control u just by grabbing the handle and shoving your head wherever they want you to go

doesn't even take into account any brain hacks

course this also applies to the tubes, anybody could just rip that poo poo, that's why you don't see too many life forms with tubes going out and back in like that. Huge vulnerability if it gets caught.

Actually the guys head is actually a drone that interconnects with a human looking cyberbod, there is no helmet

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The guy is either very short or the woman is very tall.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yes please

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Geralt is one of the fastest things in the game. If you're moving slowly you're Doing It Wrong. Pick your fights; you can because you are faster than virtually everything in the game. Watch your footwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The guy is either very short or the woman is very tall.

they're both huge af look at the size of the car!