Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Arglebargle III posted:

Geralt is one of the fastest things in the game. If you're moving slowly you're Doing It Wrong. Pick your fights; you can because you are faster than virtually everything in the game. Watch your footwork.

Yeah, I’m sure I am. I just would prefer to not have to spam a button to move faster the slow af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Stanky Bean posted:

Always cool seeing new plug types, never even seen that manufacturer before. In the world of camera and audio I am used to seeing fancy swiss made fischer or lemo connectors for small stuff. They have like a locking shroud you need to pull back to disconnect (these look like a nightmare to make, they are tiny as gently caress)

or amphenol bayonet connectors in bigger bulkier one off bullshit

re-pinning cannon plugs loving sucks fyi

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This is neat. I've seen them used for like car related poo poo but super wrong so that the cords get all frayed and hosed up. What are they normally for, like data? I get the feeling that it wouldn't even be that it would be like "flap go up" signals or whatever, like real redundant no loving around poo poo.

typically they are used for electrical power, or major data buses and multi-plexing. The only really good thing about working on B-1s was the fact that it was one of the first aircraft to use heavy multi-plexing and not having to do constant wire maintenance is a really good thing. The plugs with super small pins are usually video lines though "video" could mean anything from the actual video display to the process of converting radar emissions to to little icons. It's all very "low-high-low" tech.

thread content: I can't get enough of this poo poo

I think I'm going to start playing "Uplink: The Hacker Elite" again just to tide myself till this releases. Also gonna watch "H4CKERS" about a million times

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

they're both huge af look at the size of the car!

I get what the artist was really going for here, but the perspective really is all sorts of weird. Making it look like they are gigantic.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah, I’m sure I am. I just would prefer to not have to spam a button to move faster the slow af.

Amazing how many people don't realize you hold down A to run in combat.

Yet another reason to be suspicious when you hear how bout W3 combat is.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arglebargle III posted:

I liked W3 combat because I'd just use that big overhead attack or the spinning twirly dance then watch heads and arms fly around. I'm also one of the hyper nerds that played on death march painstakingly applying oils and reveling in potion crafting screens.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Um excuse me no, the combat is bad because I found out that you can spam attack on the lowest difficulty and ignore every other fun tool and technique and it is boring tyvm

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

That actually makes a lot of sense. It starts off with V just trying to get rich or die trying, and but then s/he gets pulled into something much, much larger then that once Silverhand comes into play.

i mean silverhand is literally the joker from arkham knight meets handsome jack from the tell tale borderlands series.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Silverhand is a vet, and I thank him for his service. Or at least admire all those who made the Long Walk. They must have great calves!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Um excuse me no, the combat is bad because I found out that you can spam attack on the lowest difficulty and ignore every other fun tool and technique and it is boring tyvm

:golfclap:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It is pretty unfortunate that TW3's potion/bomb/etc mechanics don't really matter until you hit death march, tbh. Even hard mode is easily dealt with using just swords and some signs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-you-can-complete-cyberpunk-2077-without-ki/1100-6467750/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

Yes! Confirmed!

quote:

You Can Complete Cyberpunk 2077 Without Killing Anyone

Based on what we've seen since the game's unveiling, it looks like you'll encounter plenty of shady characters and will have the ability to take them out in a number of creative and deadly ways. But as we learned during a behind-closed-doors gameplay presentation at E3 2019, you can also get through the entire game without killing anyone at all.

While we only saw a little bit of stealth during the Netrunner portions, CDPR made it clear that you will be able to play the entire game peacefully if you so choose. You will be able to sneak, hack, and otherwise avoid combat scenarios, though it's not clear if there are situations where you have to fight if, say, things go terribly wrong and you fail to sneak around properly.

I'm excited

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That's really cool as far as RPGs goes!

On the other hand they scrapped childhood heroes for character creation, so even less customization about your background :negative:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i've seen that confirmed in multiple interviews (e:non lethal playthrough)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 17, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

frajaq posted:

On the other hand they scrapped childhood heroes for character creation, so even less customization about your background :negative:

Ah what I thought that was the lynchpin thing. Is anything about this game's RPG elements bedded down holy poo poo...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Julius CSAR posted:

re-pinning cannon plugs loving sucks fyi

typically they are used for electrical power, or major data buses and multi-plexing. The only really good thing about working on B-1s was the fact that it was one of the first aircraft to use heavy multi-plexing and not having to do constant wire maintenance is a really good thing. The plugs with super small pins are usually video lines though "video" could mean anything from the actual video display to the process of converting radar emissions to to little icons. It's all very "low-high-low" tech.

thread content: I can't get enough of this poo poo

I think I'm going to start playing "Uplink: The Hacker Elite" again just to tide myself till this releases. Also gonna watch "H4CKERS" about a million times

This makes me want to finally do a tabletop RPG set in the 90s where hacker characters actually have to go around with 40 pounds of clunky equipment.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Julius CSAR posted:

Uplink is great.

And you mean the 90s agelina jolie movie? I don't think there's a 4 actually. But that is my favorite bad movie. There's so much hilariously bad/great about it.

Hack the planet!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Yes, YES

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Zaphod42 posted:

Uplink is great.

And you mean the 90s agelina jolie movie? I don't think there's a 4 actually. But that is my favorite bad movie. There's so much hilariously bad/great about it.

Hack the planet!
I watched the director's cut of this movie, which is just the movie but with 45 minutes of watching a guy trying to get his linux laptop to output to the projector at the computer club movie night.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zaphod42 posted:

Uplink is great.

Hack the planet!

You're right there isn't a 4 :(

but looking up on the wiki I found this gem that basically explains why I love this movie, because it's fantasy

quote:

Roger Ebert gave the film three out of four stars and wrote, "The movie is smart and entertaining, then, as long as you don't take the computer stuff very seriously. I didn't. I took it approximately as seriously as the archeology in Indiana Jones"

Hackers is great

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean silverhand is literally the joker from arkham knight meets handsome jack from the tell tale borderlands series.

I'm going to throw in Farscape because, though not a game, it did it better than both of those.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LostRook posted:

I'm going to throw in Farscape because, though not a game, it did it better than both of those.

probably. i just mean he is a ghost man in your head.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

frajaq posted:

I had a suspicion that would happen once Keanu was Silverhands. Damnit I wanted an insane 1909 imperial Japanese ghost AI friend

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

I had a suspicion that would happen once Keanu was Silverhands. Damnit I wanted an insane 1909 imperial Japanese ghost AI friend

Yeah. hosed up :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Glenn Quebec posted:

same.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was hoping for the big Beat Takeshi reveal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JBP posted:

I was hoping for the big Beat Takeshi reveal.

Lady Gaga's supposedly in the game. Might be some other celebrities.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
To be sure, Silverhands is the better character and yeah we kind of know what kind of person and personality a loving imperial officer is going to have but it would have been absolutely bonkers

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7_oyCZqj0

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rinkles posted:

Lady Gaga's supposedly in the game. Might be some other celebrities.

It would be a pretty big reveal if they show another celebrity at gamescom. It's been rumored, as you said, and Keanu did come out of left field...

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I'm curious if you can still go full Corpo in this game if Silverhand is always gonna be a big player. Can't imagine he would be happy getting stuck into the head of the next Corpo God or whatever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'm curious if you can still go full Corpo in this game if Silverhand is always gonna be a big player. Can't imagine he would be happy getting stuck into the head of the next Corpo God or whatever.

He might start giving you poo poo or whatever. Or the game might actually be a character action game with RPG elements since they've spent money on Reeves being your mate and haven't shown off dialogue or story to people much.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

They do a good job breaking down most of the best/worst moments.

Uh, Mr. The Plague?

Lmao the skateboarding. The floppy discs. "Ugh, hardcopy!"

SO much I love about this film. Cereal Killer. No names! We are nameless man!

Crash override. Zero Cool. Acid Burn.

HACK THE GIBSON

The soundtrack is really good too, and I listen to it at work sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV78vobCyIo

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Taintrunner posted:

On the other hand, look at this kickass art from the Night City sourcebook

if I can't get H O M E B O Y pants in 2077 I'm deducting half a star

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JBP posted:

He might start giving you poo poo or whatever. Or the game might actually be a character action game with RPG elements since they've spent money on Reeves being your mate and haven't shown off dialogue or story to people much.

They've talked up reactivity, some of it very impressive sounding, but it's unclear how that extends narratively.

They have confirmed multiple endings, though, for what it's worth.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Looks like DX:HR style "you can choose not to kill anyone... except for the obligatory boss battles, obv".

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 17, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Xander77 posted:

Look like DX:HR style "you can choose not to kill anyone... except for the obligatory boss battles, obv".

I hope you can hack, dialogue or just loving run from anything in the game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Looks like DX:HR style "you can choose not to kill anyone... except for the obligatory boss battles, obv".

Hopefully nothing as bad as that. Those bosses were outsourced and were so hamfistedly implemented that the developers later released a patch to fix them.

It takes a lot of effort to gently caress up bosses that badly.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

They do a good job breaking down most of the best/worst moments.

Uh, Mr. The Plague?

Lmao the skateboarding. The floppy discs. "Ugh, hardcopy!"

SO much I love about this film. Cereal Killer. No names! We are nameless man!

Crash override. Zero Cool. Acid Burn.

HACK THE GIBSON

The soundtrack is really good too, and I listen to it at work sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV78vobCyIo

The soundtrack actually was so good they made like 2 extra soundtrack cds to sell.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

For all the things I've seen about the game I just appreciate the amount of daytime footage. Like, pretty much every cyberpunk piece of media takes place exclusively at night and it makes sense I guess but this goes a long way to make it look like an actual real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Different start locations depending on your lifepath similar to Dragon age Origins:

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-badlands-nomads/

“You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there, being part of a family of the Nomads,” Sasko explained. “You could call them a tribe that is living in cars and they’re just driving over Badlands."