Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah no that's not what I'm talking about. I'm asking how a town godfather could even exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Godfather as a role means you always cop as town. A town that always cops as town.........................is a town player.

So either you're scum or OMG is scum.

OMG spent the past game day hemming and hawing about how there have to be 4 scum and we've all doomed ourselves to losing, then came out with this rather garbage claim.

OTOH, it's a cop claim and you should always test cop claims.

##vote SiV

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Godfather as a role means you always cop as town. A town that always cops as town.........................is a town player.

OMG spent the past game day hemming and hawing about how there have to be 4 scum and we've all doomed ourselves to losing, then came out with this rather garbage claim.

##vote SiV

I guess there is the possibility of the re-direct as has been floated, but I find it unlikely. Too many perfect coincidences.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I guess there is the possibility of the re-direct as has been floated, but I find it unlikely. Too many perfect coincidences.

It's possible. There are at least two millers.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah no that's not what I'm talking about. I'm asking how a town godfather could even exist.

It exists as a miller-type role for rolecops

I have actually seen such a thing in fact

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

##unvote

What why are there at least 2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What why are there at least 2

Because we have one that flipped and me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*glowers at the sky*

Curse you, MODS!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

*glowers at the sky*

Curse you, MODS!

##unvote

Well, this just got dumb, or some of you are full of poo poo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##unvote

Well, this just got dumb, or some of you are full of poo poo.

AND some of you are full of poo poo.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ve been meaning to do this all morning, haven’t had a chance. Do omg’s posts about inf and steak reflect the rolecop results they received? We need to look at their post history to see if that is the case

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

GulagDolls posted:

you quote too many posts
I like to catch up in steam-of-consciousness posting. Let's people know where I stand.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so miku, after I explained clearly, is still butthurt that i made room for scum to make mistakes

top tier town play
There's a difference between criticizing your play and being offended by it. Please deflate your ego before you float off into space.

Mr. Humalong posted:

How do you have a town Godfather?
Town Godfather is effectively a Miller when you have a Town Rolecop. While it's not entirely common, I have seen it before.

It's simple. Dunk siv. If shes not scum dunk omg.

##vote SiV
I'm mostly on board with this, though with the caveat that the "If she's not scum" clause needs to be "If she's not a Godfather."

Jen X posted:

lol mikujin

I'll vote after work tomorrow prob
I figured I'd best advertise that I might :aaa: be absent from posting :aaa: or else OMG might call me a lurker again.

I believe "that" was with regards to OMG's claim. The remainder of this post is all woe-is-me and I don't buy it. You follow it up with another "I'm resigned to death, too bad I'm VT post."

GulagDolls posted:

How can you be VT and godfather. the math doesn't work out, I'm afraid.
This just might be your best post this game.

spacing in vienna posted:

Ugh mikujin if I quote you I have to post the whole rear end thing or else delete like a mofo just to get the part I want and gently caress that I'm on mobile.

So you blah blah blah'd my entire post into setup spec. Someone I had pegged as town got a wrong result on me ... and it's scummy to speculate on setup? Should I just blindly go "he scum then lol omgus"?
Yes, wildly speculating on the setup is purely distraction. It stops discussion of alignment and merit to lynching a player based on their play (and to a lesser extent, claimed results), and instead encourages players to consider instead "What would the mod do? What would I do if I were mod?" which is non-value add.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i picked inf n1 because, while we didn't have hardly fuckall to go on, I wanted to pick someone and he was bein a weirdo

i picked steak n2 because my main scum reads were AA and steak, and i felt more confident about Aa after the weird "fine just vote me areegh [wall of text]" meltdown, so i hedged

i picked you n3 because after steak's flip i was questioning everything

and yeah I wish i had more proof but rolecop is so often a scum role that i figured revealing it before I had something actionable would get me heat from town AND scum
These picks all seem reasonable.

On one hand I think omg is a stinky bullshitter. On the other I've had scum feels from siV for multiple game days.
Is there a reason you think OMG is bullshitting? I'm actually inclined to believe the latter, just because he's been - by and large - inactive/non-engaged until this "gotcha!" moment of theirs.

Here's why town godfather as Miller to rolecop doesn't make sense at all in this game. We already had a miller flip.

It was poopsie the cat, RIP mush. Learn I'm never your enemy. Geesh.
More setup speculation that, again, doesn't contribute. Arguing that a role doesn't make sense or couldn't possibly be in the game is playing the mod, not the players.

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote SiV
I've absolutely seen a Town Godfather before. I've also seen Scum Millers. Typically these pop up in games with role-cops. Again, though, setup speculation is not ideal conversation.

That said, I do agree that the we should test the claim.

As an aside, and with a little bit of a mea culpa here, given I've just been talking about why setup speculation is bad, in a 13 player game I'd be surprised to see a 4 player scum team rather than a 3 player team (maybe with some 3P non-kill role).

Mr. Humalong posted:

##unvote

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because we have one that flipped and me
Assuming you are, in fact, a miller, I don't see what that has to do with the possibility of a re-direct.

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve been meaning to do this all morning, haven’t had a chance. Do omg’s posts about inf and steak reflect the rolecop results they received? We need to look at their post history to see if that is the case
"Someone please play the game for me." :rolleyes:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^ alright, I just read through OMG's posts and there is actually a lot of good content. I agree with many of their reads, especially over the last two game days. I was looking to see if there was a change in their read of steak from d2 to d3 after learning that steak had a vanilla role. I can't really see one, omg was convinced (like i was) that steak was scum.

Everything in this claim strikes me as sincere:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

for some dumbass reason i'm a town-aligned rolecop. inf n1 came back vanilla, steak d2 came back vanilla, vienna n3 came back Godfather

i held back til now for a few reasons: there's a possibility of a scum redirector and I did draw attention to myself last night, which gave me pause. I wanted to see what happened in the thread when i made coy about it, figuring if i was redirected scum would press me to reveal my results, and if I wasn't redirected they'd either lurk or fake claim. the other reason is since I'm a rolecop, but town, and we've had a dead miller there's definitely some weird role poo poo goin on; is it weird enough to have a town godfather? that didn't make sense but I didn't have a hard confirm for alignment so I left vienna the opportunity to fess up if they had a bizzare role/alignment combo. the VT claim kinda wipes that out as a possibility imo. the claim of VT either means the result I got from vienna was right and they're a scum godfather, or I was redirected.

i reread vienna. i haven't decided how I feel about was I / wasn't I redirected. vienna's claim of VT is fishy but inconclusively so; there've indeed been several VT so far but it's the obvious choice for a scum fakeclaim.
I think we need to flip vienna.
either gulag or jenx is scum. claim unconfirmed masons. gulag claimed a nonsense role which fits with his scum meta
AA claims we would have learned information from his flip...
humalong claims miller (lol)
OMG town rolecop
b- VT
mikujin, no claim unless i missed it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

^^ alright, I just read through OMG's posts and there is actually a lot of good content. I agree with many of their reads, especially over the last two game days. I was looking to see if there was a change in their read of steak from d2 to d3 after learning that steak had a vanilla role. I can't really see one, omg was convinced (like i was) that steak was scum.

Everything in this claim strikes me as sincere:

I think we need to flip vienna.
either gulag or jenx is scum. claim unconfirmed masons. gulag claimed a nonsense role which fits with his scum meta
AA claims we would have learned information from his flip...
humalong claims miller (lol)
OMG town rolecop
b- VT
mikujin, no claim unless i missed it

Eh, that's only because I thought the players I was going against are guaranteed to be scum. I still feel scum tried to push me out, but I'm uncertain on who and what information would be gleaned from my flip. Always down to test it, morir es vivir, but yeah... SiV or JenX are probably best choices today imo with scrutiny on OMG if SiV as Mikujin pointed out is not a godfather not necessarily not scum.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ok b-minus I did the work for you.

Day 2 [N1 Infinituum: Vanilla]: Calls their read hot garbage. Given the lack of content I don't think this is super critical. That said, because Infinituum/Gulag#1 was also NKed, there's not really much to read into here. Call it a wash. Calls out Steak's play as being scummy.

Day 3 [N2 Mr. Steak: Vanilla]: Hard-cuts for AA as their pick. Suggests a possible Steak-AA scum team. Beyond that, doesn't really interact with Steak. Part of this, though, may be due to the fact that Steak was also by-and-large lurking.

Day 4 [N2 Spacing: Godfather]: Immediately plays the "GOTCHA" card.

I think OMG's play is pretty consistent for someone holding inconclusive results, especially so once they got some real ones. While unfortunate that two of his investigation targets were killed, it's worth remembering that as a rolecop OMG would not have real incentive to protect a "vanilla" via claim since they could just as easily shield scum (where a traditional cop could confirm alignments with results, if only posthumously).

I have no idea why people are suddenly backing off of Spacing because of the mere suggestion that a re-direct is in play. It's the mafia equivalent of sleight of hand - look at the distraction so we don't pay attention to what's going on. This is an easily testable investigation result and - as an added bonus - will confirm whether there's actually a re-direct in play.

##vote Spacing in Vienna

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote SiV

I'm with it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ok, extreme mea culpa again, but if Humalong is actually a miller as well, I think the town role-cop makes sense. They're not sniffing out traditional alignments (town/scum), but instead sniffing out traditionally town/scum roles - like miller and godfather.

Again, this is a speculative post so I don't think it bears the weight of any argument on its own, but it's at least an interesting notion.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mikujin posted:

Ok, extreme mea culpa again, but if Humalong is actually a miller as well, I think the town role-cop makes sense. They're not sniffing out traditional alignments (town/scum), but instead sniffing out traditionally town/scum roles - like miller and godfather.

Again, this is a speculative post so I don't think it bears the weight of any argument on its own, but it's at least an interesting notion.

The multiple millers kills me if true. Why would you do this opop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The multiple millers kills me if true. Why would you do this opop

I kind of suspect Opop went with a bit of role fuckery in this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote SiV before I somehow disappear and forget to vote

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I kept mum about my vanilla results because the only way that's useful is if they're scum and claim they did a night action. til then its just tipping my hand to scum, letting them know what claims they can't get away with, for no reason

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

well in inf's case it was also cause he was dead

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote siv lol

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

any last worms?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I will forget and fall asleep, so I’m just gonna hammer

##vote vienna

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Votecount for Day 4

spacing in vienna (5): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Mikujin, Anomalous Amalgam, Hal Incandenza, b-minus1, Jen X
Jen X (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Jen X, Jen X

Not Voting (4): GulagDolls, Mr. Humalong, OMGVBFLOL, spacing in vienna

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 17th, 2019 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 45 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

spacing in vienna, Lulu The Best Friend, Mafia Aligned Godfather, was locked in a closet D4

It is now N4

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
exit stage left, middle fingers skyward

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Jen X, Mikujin, Mr. Humalong

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 20th, 2019 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OMGVBFLOL, Madame Astra the Fortune Teller, Town Aligned Rolecop, fell off a ladder N4.

It is now D5

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 19, 2019

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That figures. RIP omg, you were a hero

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
:owned:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I love that this game had a town aligned rolecop. It is such an uncommon town role in Samafia games imo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

scum alignmentcop when

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

:ghost: didn't need a crystal ball to see that coming. if someone in town could have protected me but didn't ima haunt your rear end :ghost:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mikujin should be dunked next I think

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Mikujin should be dunked next I think

Sad but true

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

before we kill him, lets make a lot of posts for him to quote and respond to.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So... godfather in a game with a town rolecop and no other cop claim. Interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Get rekt scum