Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That conversation between Land and the other Black Falcon guy I forgot the name was actually pretty good. That's how to solve a conflict instead of bitching to the press. Still absolutely stupid maneuver from the Black Falcon driver, waving left and right on Döttinger Höhe like that.

I'm surprised though the cars manage to go with two wheels on the grass without problems. There was a similar situation yesterday where two SP9 cars ran up to a slower series car, and the front car tried to get away from the sidedraft of the slower car, pushing the other car on the grass, and he still overtook him. Truly excellent, world-class drivers in there, handling such a situation without crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

tuo posted:

That conversation between Land and the other Black Falcon guy I forgot the name was actually pretty good. That's how to solve a conflict instead of bitching to the press. Still absolutely stupid maneuver from the Black Falcon driver, waving left and right on Döttinger Höhe like that.

I'm surprised though the cars manage to go with two wheels on the grass without problems. There was a similar situation yesterday where two SP9 cars ran up to a slower series car, and the front car tried to get away from the sidedraft of the slower car, pushing the other car on the grass, and he still overtook him. Truly excellent, world-class drivers in there, handling such a situation without crashing.
I think they had a racing driver on yesterday, who explained that if you get two or four wheels on the grass, what you do is just keep accelerating and steer slowly back onto the track - anything else wrecks you.

The drivers, regardless of their gender, have balls of loving steel.
I wonder where they store them, though - because given their size, they gotta be problematic to bring around the track.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

I think they had a racing driver on yesterday, who explained that if you get two or four wheels on the grass, what you do is just keep accelerating and steer slowly back onto the track - anything else wrecks you.

The drivers, regardless of their gender, have balls of loving steel.
I wonder where they store them, though - because given their size, they gotta be problematic to bring around the track.

Same if you have a steer tire blow out in a truck. If you grab the brakes or countersteer hard, you roll.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
And the manthey porsche is hosed over by it's own stupidity.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

And the manthey porsche is hosed over by it's own stupidity.
It just absolutely sucks.

Who was driving at the time, do we know?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
:laffo:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

that perfectly capture's BMW's weekend

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lmfao, he's stuck to the wall

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Its part of the barrier now

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

he probably didn't even know what he hit until he got out.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
laffo at the marshall going to back of the Audi truck going "hmm do i have anything for this situation"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Friendship ended with rain, now perfect weather is my best friend.

e: that audi steam engine'd car

Powershift fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 23, 2019

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The moment a car enters the top 3 it either crashes or implodes or a combination of both.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

that's fuckin hooped.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

I've not seen much of this race but every time I've checked in there has been a huge wreck.
I woke up to a smoking hulk of something and a team looking very relieved but didn't get my audio turned back on for a few minutes :gonk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

all of the SP9 GT3 class cars are trying to lose the race through problems of their own making.

Le Mans last week was a run of perfect choreography and very little drama, Nurburgring 24 is making up for it in spades this year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/vy6S196.mp4

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 23, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nurb 24 2019: :catdrugs:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

harperdc posted:

Nurb 24 2019: :catdrugs:

It has been so good between the close racing and the wacky stuff.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It's kind of surprising a race like this still exists tbh.

Shumagorath posted:

I woke up to a smoking hulk

Nice

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I left the race playing on my tablet next to my bed and woke up hung over and looked over literally 1 second before that bmw hit the barrier and I thought I was having a hallucination.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Manta :unsmith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Awesome race, so so tired

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endurance racing always seems to deliver a lot of good races.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I watched far less of that than Le Mans but it delivered for every second. Looks like I'll be planning a bigger vacation for 2021.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Love watching these dumb long races.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That was sick. Gutted for big Kev :(

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

I watched like 15 hours of that race and the true winner was that Manta

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did someone flip over barrier at foxhole? Anyone got link to footage. Missed that

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bape Culture posted:

Did someone flip over barrier at foxhole? Anyone got link to footage. Missed that

It seems there was no footage of the actual incident. Just some aerial shots of the car upside down and over the fence. Maybe some fan got it on their cellphone though, who knows.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Bape Culture posted:

Nope, just pictures of the aftermath!

https://twitter.com/BaronVonClutch/status/1142707490662027264

https://twitter.com/MST_MarkusL/status/1142709024619749381

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

That was the same team that had their mechanics help rebuild the Manta when their own car wasn't in the pit.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Almost time to go to Watkins Glen. Forecasting possible thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday so that sucks. Feel free to say hi if you see me, I'll be the guy going full Crying Jordan when Timo Bernhard bins the #77 in the Esses around hour two

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is portimao going to be available to watch live does anyone know?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2521790901167240&id=100000090635143

:staredog:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

an oddly awful oud posted:

Almost time to go to Watkins Glen. Forecasting possible thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday so that sucks. Feel free to say hi if you see me, I'll be the guy going full Crying Jordan when Timo Bernhard bins the #77 in the Esses around hour two

Timo Binhard

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bape Culture posted:

Is portimao going to be available to watch live does anyone know?

https://www.youtube.com/user/24HSeries

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/RyanEversley/status/1144753747714879488?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Ollie grabbing yet another pole with another monster qualifying lap. I’m genuinely shocked at how fast both the Mazdas and Acuras are still