Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

dogstile posted:

poo poo even when i'm playing QP in overwatch people still get really loving mad we're not running their perfect comp.

Overwatch has like a DOTA grade community though. Apex Legends is pretty chill I reckon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Overwatch is full of 12 year old kids who will eventually screech in the mic when things aren't going their way and 40 year old depressed losers who probably cry or beat their wifes after loging out

Speaking about EU servers tho

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why the gently caress are people still (or ever) playing overwatch

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Because despite everyone's constant bitching the game itself actually runs really well and its super accessible.

Which can also be said about fortnite, so I guess its not really good praise. The point is ranked doesn't keep the salty edgelords in, people are always salty when they're losing. How many dudes in apex immediately DC when they're downed even if you've killed 6 dudes and are on your way to pick them up? How many rage when you "steal my purp armour bitch" when you're in the middle of a fight and your armour is busted? That's still going to happen.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Fart Car '97 posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/c60fhp/second_season_2_trailer_better_quality/

Season 2 trailer leaked. Huge map changes. New prefabs, entire areas got art overhauls. Titans on the map. Flyers in cages and on the map, though no indication of how we can interact with them. Wattson. New Skydiving emotes. Very good skins. Ranked mode.

Gonna be dope~

uh I don't see anything about titans???? That would be dope though

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I wonder if those skydive emotions or w/e will be unlockables too. While typing this I'm thinking: ofcourse they will be.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

leviathans~

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

I wonder if those skydive emotions or w/e will be unlockables too. While typing this I'm thinking: ofcourse they will be.

They already said they're dropping trash like badges and stat trackers from the S2 battlepass, so those emotes are probably one of the replacements.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Wattsons finisher looks real violent

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

How! posted:

Wattsons finisher looks real violent

But her ultimate looks pretty weak? In the trailer there was an enemy just casually walking through the electric fence.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

shut up blegum posted:

But her ultimate looks pretty weak? In the trailer there was an enemy just casually walking through the electric fence.

That's not her ultimate, that's her tactical. Her ult is that giant pylon thing that's effortlessly swatting away a gib ult.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Why they gotta do Gibby like that in the trailer :mad:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

I think he meant Leviathans.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

J posted:

he didn’t put the dome down for the finisher, he got what he deserved

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

J posted:

Mirage dies like 3 times in the trailer tbf

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Overwatch has like a DOTA grade community though. Apex Legends is pretty chill I reckon

I once had a guy not revive me on my team because I had first pick and picked "his Lifeline" and yelled "That's what you get!" at me as I bled out which was the most psychopathic thing I've ever had happen to me in any game,

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Mirage is the best

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I once had a guy not revive me on my team because I had first pick and picked "his Lifeline" and yelled "That's what you get!" at me as I bled out which was the most psychopathic thing I've ever had happen to me in any game,

I’ve been lucky with my pubbies I guess. I’m pretty rubbish at shooting (Destiny 2 gunplay has way more AA), but slowly getting better. I matched with some great Argentinian dude yesterday who had thousands of kills and would stop to coordinate attack plans with me. Wish I played with more goons, because actually playing as a team was awesome- but it seems like I only ever have 1-2 friends online at any given time.

Also I swapped to a Lifeline main but all my skins are rubbish.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

I’ve always wondered if it’s like this in like OW or R6:S too or if it’s just an Apex phenomenon.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Hm, I didn't see any hint from the trailers what the mysterious new inventory slots are used for.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Look again, they've been removed.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Once had a guy not revive me because he was "too good". We hot dropped and I got killed after knocking someone. The whole time this dude is on mic about how good his stats were and how garbage we were, saying he wasn't gonna get us up. To be fair he won the hot zone after which I asked "are you really not gonna revive us?" "Nah bro, sorry don't need you." I'm sure he's a very pleasant person irl.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Scoss posted:

Hm, I didn't see any hint from the trailers what the mysterious new inventory slots are used for.

They were going to be ammo bandoliers for all the ammo types + grenades, which is one of the reasons they reduced shotgun stack ammo. Would be absolutely pointless in the current design.

I liked both those trailers, and am very excited to play Season 2.

Noctone posted:

I’ve always wondered if it’s like this in like OW or R6:S too or if it’s just an Apex phenomenon.

It's 100% happened to me in Rainbow 6.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 27, 2019

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

dogstile posted:

Because despite everyone's constant bitching the game itself actually runs really well and its super accessible.

Which can also be said about fortnite, so I guess its not really good praise. The point is ranked doesn't keep the salty edgelords in, people are always salty when they're losing. How many dudes in apex immediately DC when they're downed even if you've killed 6 dudes and are on your way to pick them up? How many rage when you "steal my purp armour bitch" when you're in the middle of a fight and your armour is busted? That's still going to happen.

I legit had a pubbie get passive aggressive for taking stacks of light ammo before he could since I was in the building before him. "Oh your gonna take my ammo? Cool."

We werent in combat. It was unlooted runoff. No one had made ammo requests. There were hundreds of rounds in the area.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Once had a guy not revive me because he was "too good". We hot dropped and I got killed after knocking someone. The whole time this dude is on mic about how good his stats were and how garbage we were, saying he wasn't gonna get us up. To be fair he won the hot zone after which I asked "are you really not gonna revive us?" "Nah bro, sorry don't need you." I'm sure he's a very pleasant person irl.

He did say sorry :shrug:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

shut up blegum posted:

He did say sorry :shrug:

https://usebombswisely.com/sorrytojet

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The cinematic trailers always make me a little sad that the in-game graphics aren't in that style. I really like that bright, crisp, painterly aesthetic.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I think the comparative better manners in this game are due to the fact that when you lose, you tend to lose quickly. In OW you can have a bad round which makes you very likely to lose and/or tilts one of your teammates so that they become unbearable for the duration of the match but you have to finish out the match which could take another 10 minutes or more. In Apex you pretty much just die and return to lobby, there's way less time for people to get pissy once things start going badly. Ranked probably will make this worse since there will likely be a penalty for dc while you can still be respawned. Forcing players to wait for the respawn timeout will give them plenty of time to get rude.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The worst part of multiplayer games is, has always been, and will always be, the players.

codo27 posted:

Why the gently caress are people still (or ever) playing overwatch

It's the worst fast paced team based objective based shooter, except for all the other ones.

Unless Valve ever decides to make Team Fortress 3, Overwatch is kinda the only viable game in its broader niche.

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 27, 2019

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

blastron posted:

The cinematic trailers always make me a little sad that the in-game graphics aren't in that style. I really like that bright, crisp, painterly aesthetic.

Yeah, I think the game looks pretty great but then these come out and you just think, drat, what if? Can’t dwell on what could have been, though. Instead it makes the cinematics a special treat.

BTW, people who got to try out Wattson at the EA Play event have said that defibrillator thing Wattson does is how her revive animation looks in-game. Cool that they gave her a custom animation like that.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They should give them all custom animations to "reboot" Pathfinder.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They should give them all custom animations to "reboot" Pathfinder.

Knocked down pathfinder should have static on his screen, and a few slaps to the side to revive

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Plank Walker posted:

Knocked down pathfinder should have static on his screen, and a few slaps to the side to revive

He can make this noise with every slap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqztd7uMvVI

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
New ranked is a good thing too

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I was looking at the lobster tank at the grocery store last night and I was thinking how funny it would be if trump were placed inside with them with the rubber bands removed from all the lobsters and used to restrain him instead. The same goes for this guy.

Where were you all last night around 8 EST? I had to play with pubbies and I very nearly went into convulsions after a while. Culminating in a game where we landed water treatment, ring was northwest. I pinged to go to the west complex from there, they ignored and went east, away from the ring. I just went on my merry way without them and they were killed, and then some redneck sounding guy named Cromulent or something called me a pussy and that he would report me for the same. I've become engrossed in Terraria again this week, looking forward to relaxing on the weekend playing that and coming back fresh for S2 next week.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 28, 2019

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

codo27 posted:

I was looking at the lobster tank at the grocery store last night and I was thinking how funny it would be if trump were placed inside with them with the rubber bands removed from all the lobsters and used to restrain him instead. The same goes for this guy.

Where were you all last night around 8 EST? I had to play with pubbies and I very nearly went into convulsions after a while. Culminating in a game where we landed water treatment, ring was northwest. I pinged to go to the west complex from there, they ignored and went east, away from the ring. I just went on my merry way without them and they were killed, and then some redneck sounding guy named Cromulent or something called me a pussy and that he would report me for the same. I've become engrossed in Terraria again this week, looking forward to relaxing on the weekend playing that and coming back fresh for S2 next week.

Trying to avoid too much burnout before season 2 with some Yakuza.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah right now between seasons it feels as though only the people who reaaaaally give a poo poo about this game are playing. And they are generally much better than i so im waiting for the season to draw back more people my level

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

ZeusCannon posted:

Yeah right now between seasons it feels as though only the people who reaaaaally give a poo poo about this game are playing. And they are generally much better than i so im waiting for the season to draw back more people my level

That is weird because I had my best game in a long while last night, 8 kills ~1500 damage. Flubbed it at the end and came in 2nd. The first guy I killed had a gold helmet, gold backpack, and gold armor. The second or third guy had a digi threat. Up until the last squad it felt like I was playing against bots. The gold backpack is so goddamn good.

I was disappointed to learn that the battle pass is over, I thought it didn't end till the 2nd.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yes, aside from being weighted down by dummies I was on a bit of a roll before I became too frustrated. I had a 4 kill match as caustic, carrying a pf and wraith. If it had been goons on my team, or some other bipedal, neurally active life form, maybe we could have won. A couple of kills almost every game. Sometimes you're just on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Trying to avoid too much burnout before season 2 with some Yakuza.

Aside from popping in to see the Flyers I haven’t played in the few weeks since I completed the BP/Hunt stuff. I love the game but I can’t pass up the opportunity to play something else. I want to get one last look at pre-disaster Kings Canyon but also gotta squeeze in as much AC Origins as I can.