Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I want a real cross-country experience (viewed safely at home)

So, live coverage of the Barkley Marathon? Sure, I can see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDZdsqbcGTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Priceless.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The only way that could get better would be if the dog took a poo poo on the floor next to the guy and then the guy steps in it.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm thinking like large salted pretzel, I know there is ice cream with hard small pretzels but a large freshly baked soft pretzel with some ice cream sounds like it would be baller.
Or a pretzel cone!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm thinking like large salted pretzel, I know there is ice cream with hard small pretzels but a large freshly baked soft pretzel with some ice cream sounds like it would be baller.
Go to a mall or something that has a pretzel place and some sort of soft serve or something and find out.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretzel m&ms are good, but there's at least one per bag that is doughy and gross instead of crunchy and pleasant

gotta take the good with the bad I guess

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

pretzel m&ms are good, but there's at least one per bag that is doughy and gross instead of crunchy and pleasant

gotta take the good with the bad I guess

Indeed. Without darkness there is no light.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Baron von Eevl posted:

Nah, this is for the Hellraiser reboot.

Jesus wept.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

drat, that doco was great. Ultra running really isn't the sort of thing I'd usually be interested in but the bugfuck craziness of the whole deal is just :psyduck:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Nah, this is for the Hellraiser reboot.
You have to admit, it's quite the hook.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I believe the only noticeable increase in crime was in organized crime

Technically not the case. As buying alcohol was now a crime, and most people never stopped drinking alcohol the crime rate increased exponentially.

Also organized crime happened.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Boardwalk Empire started out as a good show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Boardwalk Empire started out as a good show.
One of my biggest TV disappointments overall, Buscemi is so good in it (and everything) but it just never really came together.

e: I thought this was the Breaking Bad thread in GBS, wtf PYF

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of my biggest TV disappointments overall, Buscemi is so good in it (and everything) but it just never really came together.

e: I thought this was the Breaking Bad thread in GBS, wtf PYF

Dang it.

I got a good recc for Boardwalk and I want to like prohibition era gangster shows.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I know i'm a negative human being but gently caress this guy. I never hoped someone would die more and was disappointed. This is so loving white.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really want that to be about a festival for burly gay hillbillies but the truth is probably a complete disappointment.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tony Snark posted:

I really want that to be about a festival for burly gay hillbillies but the truth is probably a complete disappointment.

You may begin crying:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Bear_Jamboree

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEFFpOwEIo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tony Snark posted:

https://twitter.com/mrbanksalt/status/1144372101412995072?s=21

The guy’s an obsessive Disney fan with a rumor blog that puts up basically everything he hears. After posting a rumor about the Enchanted Tiki Room being closed Disney had enough and their official blog said “Stop that. No we’re not.”

He’s currently corncobbing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

People went nuts when Mr Toad's Wild Ride got shut down in Disney World.

https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/toad/

People went nuts when Big Thunder closed. They revolted when they wanted to close the Matterhorn.

People are idiots.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Oddhair posted:

I originally read this as "freakishly baked" and I agree either way, big soft bagel with ice cream sounds pretty good, like fries in a Frosty at Wendy's.

Also, LEELOO:

MULTIPASSAPITLUM

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

MULTIPASSAPITLUM

Which branch of the 40k imperium of man is that.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/mrbanksalt/status/1144372101412995072?s=21

The guy’s an obsessive Disney fan with a rumor blog that puts up basically everything he hears. After posting a rumor about the Enchanted Tiki Room being closed Disney had enough and their official blog said “Stop that. No we’re not.”

He’s currently corncobbing.

That's what I thought, almost as bad as the 2002 movie.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
As someone who works in the theme park industry, I'd like to confirm what you're all thinking. We do read these crazy blogs, and then laugh at the obsessive weirdos.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kiimo posted:

People went nuts when Mr Toad's Wild Ride got shut down in Disney World.

https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/toad/

People went nuts when Big Thunder closed. They revolted when they wanted to close the Matterhorn.

People are idiots.

The people you're calling idiots are the Disney people who decide to close down beloved classic rides and attractions, right?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Gripweed posted:

The people you're calling idiots are the Disney people who decide to close down beloved classic rides and attractions, right?

Haha look at this weirdo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anyone who willingly visited Disneyland or a similar entertainment park as an adult without children should be incarcerated.

IMO.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elohssa Gib posted:

Jesus wept.

:golfclap:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

+

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Goddamn lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

When I was in elementary school we had a “news station” put on the classroom TVs occasionally. We had no choice, being trotted out in front of a camera to read a line off a card once or twice.

I was the one who announced Mr. Toad closing, since I’m in the Orlando metro area. My line was “Mr. Toad ride closes. Winnie the Pooh ride opens.” Then I walked out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gripweed posted:

How dare Disneyland shut down portions of Frontierland to build an entire goddam Star Wars planet! My beloved childhood!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kiimo posted:

How dare Disneyland shut down portions of Frontierland to build an entire goddam Star Wars planet! My beloved childhood!

Fandom doesn't care about your feelings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kiimo posted:

They shouldn't have to shut down old rides in order to build new ones. Disneyland should simply grow larger. It's not like we need Florida for anything else.

Frankly, I'm still pissed they got rid of the donkeys

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

LifeSunDeath posted:

Fandom doesn't care about your feelings

Neither do corporations hth

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Gripweed posted:

They shouldn't have to shut down old rides in order to build new ones. Disneyland should simply grow larger. It's not like we need Florida for anything else.

Agreed. Split Florida evenly between Disney and Universal. They'd both take better care of the Everglades and coastlines than the state government. The bar is that low.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gripweed posted:

But I'm talking about Disneyland which is in Anaheim and they had to buy office space from other companies to expand for Star Wars.

Agree on Florida though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gripweed posted:

They’ve got a certain percentage of land they’re keeping as wildlife reservations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

chitoryu12 posted:

They’ve got a certain percentage of land they’re keeping as wildlife reservations.

good, they should keep that percentage constant as they expand and consume the entire state.