Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's been a while but in Mankind Divided doesn't Jensen go back to the police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
He joins interpol, so sort of

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I can't believe squeenix rushed it out and monetized that game. I've never been happier to cheat engine something in my whole life.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's cause the manga author is a loving perv. Seriously.

The original manga is actually pretty terrible. Stand Alone Complex is way better and removed a lot of the dumb/creepy stuff. Like the fact that despite being a high-ranking member of an elite counter-terrorist FBI-esque organization, she somehow had to pay her bills through cyber-prostitution. Its why Arise was a garbage fire series that tried to convince you it was ok for most of the Section 9 members to be terrorists, because while they did actually massacre a bunch of children, there was a cover-up about the children being terrorist children. I think it directly contradicts a 2nd Gig episode, too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It can't contradict 2nd GIG. It's a different universe.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I love SAC and 2ng GiG and (to a lesser degree) Solid State Society.

I watched the first movie...once, as a teenager. Didn't even watch the rented copy a 2nd time, despite being a huge teenage anime nerd at the time. I've never seen the second movie. Not much interest in doing so. 0 interest in the live action movie. 1% in Arise. I think I read two or three manga issues (as published by Dark Horse, back in the day).

I'm fine with this state of affairs.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Any new rumors or news on when the pc specs will be released? Also is preorders of physical copies for pc out yet?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ughhhh posted:

Any new rumors or news on when the pc specs will be released? Also is preorders of physical copies for pc out yet?
We're getting more info (probably just the E3 demo footage) in August at PAX. Beyond that I don't think we know more. Maybe we'll start talking about what the demo ran on then and what the recommended specs might be.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
If any of those game companies doing story driven games had the balls for it, they'd fork the storylines into at least two completely different ones based on a decision (or a set there of) at a specific point in the game. You'd still interact in the same world, so they'd use the same assets. VA is maybe an issue. Like this they could spin a normal crime story as well as this potential Psycho Squad one.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Combat Pretzel posted:

If any of those game companies doing story driven games had the balls for it, they'd fork the storylines into at least two completely different ones based on a decision (or a set there of) at a specific point in the game. You'd still interact in the same world, so they'd use the same assets. VA is maybe an issue. Like this they could spin a normal crime story as well as this potential Psycho Squad one.

Isn’t this Witcher 2’s most memorable aspect?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Combat Pretzel posted:

There isn't really a reason to do this. It's an enormous waste of resources for a long game that people aren't likely to replay, and players care less about the magnitude of the impact that they can have than the number of impacts they can have. That's why Deus Ex is still so beloved, it has a very large number of small variations you can make to the same core plot, and the game reflecting on those small actions rather than big ones is really what makes a game immersive.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Forking plotlines and different endings based on early-ish decisions only really work with some kind of NG+ system IMO. I really hope someone asks CDP what happens when you beat the game, mechanically speaking.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's been a while but in Mankind Divided doesn't Jensen go back to the police?

Yeah as a double agent. One of the first things you do in MD is try to bug your boss's secure phone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh poo poo, I just remembered a cyberpunk gun did get adopted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4DPz-Eo88

So you know the XM-29 OICW? Gigantic combination of an assault rifle and a semi-auto 20mm grenade launcher with an electronic sight for airburst grenades. The US declared it too expensive and too heavy, so the project got split into two parts. The XM8 assault rifle got sold to the Royal Malaysian Navy but otherwise has no success at all. The XM25 grenade launcher got limited use by the US, but budget cuts got the project canceled again.

South Korea said "gently caress that".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEP70tU-Vdc&t=224s

They put a nearly identical gun into service as the K11.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

So you know the XM-29 OICW? Gigantic combination of an assault rifle and a semi-auto 20mm grenade launcher with an electronic sight for airburst grenades. The US declared it too expensive and too heavy, so the project got split into two parts. The XM8 assault rifle got sold to the Royal Malaysian Navy but otherwise has no success at all. The XM25 grenade launcher got limited use by the US, but budget cuts got the project canceled again.

I literally only know this gun because it was originally meant to be in Half-Life 2 but ended up getting cut from there too once Valve figured out nobody would be using one, not even aliens. I always thought it was cool but actually looking at it, it's kind of terrible and clunky and really, really ugly.

That said the idea of a computer-aided overly complicated targeting system supporting an onboard airburst grenade launcher in a regular assault rifle is indeed cyberpunk as all hell, imo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The thing about the old Psycho Squad concept for the game is, I'd really love to play an AD Police game and that's almost exactly how I'd imagine that would turn out.

I'm still happy for a broader story about crime and corps and a mcguffin. It feels very true to the genre. There's a lot of room for double and triple crosses. Or my favorite staple of Cyberpunk fiction were you get home from a job and you think you might be in the clear and suddenly your car explodes and there's a cyborg ninja in your apt.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Late but the G11 is fully operable in VR with H3VR and loving hell that gun is a goddamn hoot. You load the mag in through the front and turn a loving crank.

Also Neofeud is 5 bucks on Steam right now and incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAMJgs5euA

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 29, 2019

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Combat Pretzel posted:

This is exactly what Witcher 2 does, and while it's kind of an interesting novelty, it also made me think it's probably not the greatest idea to lock out half the game in a given playthrough. I appreciate that they did it and it does have some fun aspects (like seeing the same situation from two different sides on two playthroughs), but I'm not sure it makes sense to do it again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Dying Light 2 devs were saying around 50% of their game will be locked off for any given playthrough by the choices made.

A little bit of that in 2077 interviews too actually.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Choices branching you off into different routes is a lot less interesting than a bunch of smaller choices having potentially unforeseeable (barring spoilers) ramifications throughout the entire run.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4DPz-Eo88

South Korea said "gently caress that".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEP70tU-Vdc&t=224s

They put a nearly identical gun into service as the K11.

Thanks, I was unaware this channel existed - I know very little about guns but am still enjoying it. The USFA ZiP .22 gun is particularly hilarious. It has the looks to be in a near-future game, preferably as a terrible joke, random chance of blowing your fingers off while trying to use the charging bolts.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Neurosis posted:

Thanks, I was unaware this channel existed - I know very little about guns but am still enjoying it. The USFA ZiP .22 gun is particularly hilarious. It has the looks to be in a near-future game, preferably as a terrible joke, random chance of blowing your fingers off while trying to use the charging bolts.

The ZiP .22 is firearm history for all the wrong reasons.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

chitoryu12 posted:

The ZiP .22 is firearm history for all the wrong reasons.

I can't think of another modern-ish gun that has a design feature that makes it inherently unsafe.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Shooting Blanks posted:

I can't think of another modern-ish gun that has a design feature that makes it inherently unsafe.

As originally issued, the L85 had a whole list of them.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Shooting Blanks posted:

Depends what you consider inherently unsafe. Since most guns are to at least some extent designed for fighting, a gun that is likely to fail is inherently unsafe because the other guy is going to shoot you. By that standard, most gun designs are unsafe and wind up only being treated as toys.

Even by a more strict standard, there are tons of absolutely terrible firearms out there. Taurus made a pistol with the excellent feature of randomly firing when shaken. The Zip is pretty unique though, especially considering their plans to make a stock that would let you shoot yourself with the gun, then use a medical kit stored in the stock to attempt to avoid dying.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

This meme should probably use the Cyberpunk 2020 logo

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Chippin in by Samurai.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

pretty phoned in but It's better than I thought it would be

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It reminds me of a couple things I can't quite put my finger on

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
So Keanu plays in Rage Against the Machine but Worse, uh?

Eh, the song is not great but it's fine.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I remember other variants in older trailers so maybe there will be a better covers of it in game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
How dare they not get Atticus Finch and Trent Reznor

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

So Keanu plays in Rage Against the Machine but Worse, uh?

Eh, the song is not great but it's fine.

Nah, Keanu’s band was dogstar, dude hung up the bass a while ago

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

can i buy it on itunes?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
CDPR just uploaded the video today so it could be soon - although every variation might be held for a Cyberpunk soundtrack deal. Might wanna look up David Sandström or Kristofer Steen, they were involved and could what its released under right now?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's no Wyld Stallyns, but it's alright.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

thats some weak poo poo

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Yea, the sound mix leaves much to be desired...the style's right tho so *shrug* It's aight I guess. Did actually like the previous year's version more tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, hopefully that version didn't get axed and is just a cover by another fake band. If Johnny Silverhand Wants to Burn the Machine was as popular as the game's lore suggests, I wouldn't say no to several versions of Chippin In in different music styles.