Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

akadajet posted:

did star citizen come out?

that can be kind of a personal question,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they released something

whether it counts as a game or as a successful release depends on who you ask and how many spaceship jpgs they own

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I actually "own" a "spaceship" in that "game" because a friend of mine is a True Believer even though I have no interest in ever playing it.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

The Fool posted:

I actually "own" a "spaceship" in that "game" because a friend of mine is a True Believer even though I have no interest in ever playing it.

same but because I’m a gullible idiot and I keep it as a mark of shame. a memento moroni if you will

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soricidus posted:

a memento moroni

i thought this was something you keep after you stop being a mormon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

same but because I’m a gullible idiot and I keep it as a mark of shame. a memento moroni if you will

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

remember someday that you will be a gullible moron

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Stymie posted:

i thought this was something you keep after you stop being a mormon

:golfclap:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Agile Vector posted:

remember someday that you will be a gullible moron

i have a boney moroni to remind me that someday ill be a skeleton moron.

but a skeleton moron who can dance

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Firewall vendor: I spent the better part of the 90's making sure VTC/VoIP protocols were correctly handled
VTC vendor: OK first I need you to disable all those VTC ALG's and open up >1023 UDP and TCP inbound from the Internet

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
that’s just classic VTC vendor

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i hope http/3 takes over everything and the only open port on the internet is 443/udp

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

fun docker fact i learned today: Dockers whose ports are exposed on machines exposed to the internet (but the port in question otherwise blocked), will allow traffic through on the given port. I'm told for iptable reasons.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
you don't have to do that. you can explicitly bind the container to a specific host ip address, for example 127.0.0.1, instead of 0.0.0.0.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
docker explicitly manipulates the docker iptables chain when you expose a port (so that it can translate to the virtual networking).

you can still block a port you just need to make sure your rules are before the docker ones.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you don't have to do that. you can explicitly bind the container to a specific host ip address, for example 127.0.0.1, instead of 0.0.0.0.

its more that its the default behavior

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also just make sure to have sensible rules blocking in your FORWARD chain before the ones that forward to DOCKER.

you shouldn't be just trusting whatever defaults your distro has set for its iptables configuration anyways.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
people get really mad if your program requires them to give an explicit ip to bind to instead of just defaulting to 0.0.0.0

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
all software should bind to localhost by default

but the only thing I would add is that no software should be allowed to bind to any other interface. just do away with it, no good has ever come from it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wait, hold the gently caress up! Something contained in docker can DoS the host simply by opening a port?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
no, only when you start the container with docker run and publish the port. programs inside the container can bind to whatever they want to, but only on the exposed 172.* interface it has.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Security podcasts. Go.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Potato Salad posted:

Security podcasts. Go.

you’re not my supervisor

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I quite like trash future. I'm not sure how security related it actually is but its the first thing I thought of.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Boiled Water posted:

I quite like trash future. I'm not sure how security related it actually is but its the first thing I thought of.

heh, any podcast with an episode titled "Same poo poo, different organ farm" deserves a try

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Boiled Water posted:

not on spotify :(

e: oh hello podbean

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Potato Salad posted:

heh, any podcast with an episode titled "Same poo poo, different organ farm" deserves a try

there's also en entire episode dedicated to the insanity that is the juicero

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Potato Salad posted:

Security podcasts. Go.

I like Risky Business but I am a layperson

https://risky.biz/

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

DrPossum posted:

I like Risky Business but I am a layperson

https://risky.biz/

once they quoted one of my posts about gently caress-ups at the Australian Bureau of Statistics so take that for what it's worth lol

edit2: this one i think https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771497&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=191#post463231022

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 3, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

once they quoted one of my posts about gently caress-ups at the Australian Bureau of Statistics so take that for what it's worth lol

I vaguely remember this post

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

for what it's my source was legit as was the deets however i only found about it after the fact second-hand.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
They gave me a shoutout for goatseing patreon's corporate slack

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/dominion-national-discovers-breach-9-years-after-it-happened/

quote:

The breach may have occurred almost nine years ago, on August 25, 2010, and was uncovered only recently following an internal alert. After the discovery, steps were taken to clean the affected servers.

Few details have been made public, but the company assesses that the systems accessed without authorization included information like names and postal addresses, dates of birth, email addresses, social security numbers, taxpayer IDs, bank details (account, routing numbers), as well as member ID, group, and subscriber numbers.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Potato Salad posted:

Security podcasts. Go.

Security Now :twisted:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
spin rite but the next version will be able to reverse cryptolocker

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
youtube is mass removing videos and channels with "instructional hacking and phishing" content in their new policy update - lots of good videos being ethered today

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
are they actually removing them or just de-monetizing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

are they actually removing them or just de-monetizing them?
We aren't talking about nazi hate speech here, so probably the former.