Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Speaking of which, since I'm one of the few goons that stayed on Crystal, and since character creation on the other data centers is a crapshoot at best, would people be interested in a cross-world linkshell for Crystal goons? It's not quite as fancy as a Free Company, but if new players are going to be stuck on the non-cool worlds on our data center, we could at least help out with duty finder queues and such.

I would be interested, Having a way to help more people is always nice, and while I cant help for ShB stuff I did level a healer just in case. If ya need my character , look for a Zokhan Kharlu on diabolos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I'd be interested in joining up to a Crystal linkshell. That's where my main ended up because Excalibur was closed back when I first started playing. I'd be happy to help with queuing for things, too, since I'm maining WHM and get those nice healer queues.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

VHGS posted:

After you complete the story quest that's gated by finishing your role quest line, talk to that NPC again.

Does it just work for all related jobs? Would clearing the magical DPS line as SMN let you instantly grab gear for BLM and RDM?

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Yes, it explicitly says so after you do the role quest and talk to him again. Even better, if you lose your AF4 gear you can just talk to him again to get a new one, from the looks of it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

Does it just work for all related jobs? Would clearing the magical DPS line as SMN let you instantly grab gear for BLM and RDM?

It also requires that you have the achievement for hitting level 80 in that job, but otherwise yes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vermain posted:

It's because she's a villain with believably tragic motivations who is driven and determined to see her vision through. She's flawed - terribly flawed - and those flaws drive her deeper and deeper down the descent to Hell until she takes the final step. It's a pretty classic but compelling conceit, something that stands out moreso in a story where your other two villains share the same backstory of 'poo poo childhood turned them into a grinning anime psychopath'. There's only room for one Kefkaesque villain per FF title, please.

The way I see it, by the end of their stories Fordola blames no one but herself for what she became, and Yotsuyu blames everyone except herself for what she became.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Eight-Six posted:

It also requires that you have the achievement for hitting level 80 in that job, but otherwise yes.

And here I thought I'd have to spend time getting gear for SCH. Looks like the healer role quests will be a snap. (once I do every single job quest in one shot)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well you still have to get accessories and belts. All the belts.

Conveniently the EXDR dungeons only drop belts and accessories of the same level as the weathered AF (430, apparently we can't have nice :420: things)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Are you loving kidding me? He shows up out of the blue after the awesome end scene for Il Mheg and it's so he can reveal his actual name's loving Emet? That's the name my loving neighbor 5 doors down has.

On the other hand his entire persona is still the perfect sort of smug dickhead I can't help but enjoy hating in these sorts of games.

Seriously though I loving loved Il Mheg, the fey folk kick rear end when done right and the wide angle group shot with that line was loving amazing. Spoilers in that link obviously.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238186532220043264/595578088306245632/ffxiv_02072019_233418_327.png

elfposting to show off my new AF set, it looks so drat good (link just in case anyone wants to remain unspoiled on AF gear)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Uh, I finished Shadowbringers.

Wow, just wow.

Not much else to say, really, just wow.

Final trial: I DID SATELLITE BEAM THE GOD OF DEATH IN THE FACE THOUGH AND GET THE LAST HIT WITH A REASSEMBLED DRILL AND IT RULED.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Asimo posted:

Further red mage observations: Engagement has proved more useful than I anticipated, since even if it's 50 less potency than Displacement there's proving to be a lot of fights where it's just easier to park yourself on the boss' rear end and not eat a half-second animation lock. But I still can't figure out what the hell Reprise is supposed to be for. Enchanted Reprise is 220 potency melee... but costs 10 B/W mana so it keeps you from doing your finisher combo, and it's got a full-length GCD so it isn't even saving time over just casting jolt or dumping mana after a misfired combo or something. Is there something I'm missing, some sort of high end mana optimization thing that'd use it? :psyduck:

Well, for one thing - it’s a ranged attack. You’re supposed to use it for movement phases where you can’t stop to cast. Also useful after you double-cast and something has just a bit of HP left.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just got to Leviathan and feeling like I'm really missing out on this new expansion with everyone else :v: (I've been playing about 2 months). My entire FC keeps talking about how good it is and the new zones. I'm the sort of player that loves taking time too, so even when I get to HW I still wanna spend time in Ishgard, see the new zones and hear new music instead of rushing straight through. I'm never gonna see the end of this game

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just got to Leviathan and feeling like I'm really missing out on this new expansion with everyone else :v: (I've been playing about 2 months). My entire FC keeps talking about how good it is and the new zones. I'm the sort of player that loves taking time too, so even when I get to HW I still wanna spend time in Ishgard, see the new zones and hear new music instead of rushing straight through. I'm never gonna see the end of this game

HW is great, you'll enjoy it.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

youll probably get there before the end of the expansion.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Just got into Stormblood, and I've been enjoying it. Maining SAM still, and finally broke into the traits where I'm both not starved for Kenki and have Shinten to dump into it. Changed my rotation pretty good, I think.
I been playing Gunbreaker on and off for dungeons and stuff and really enjoy it. I do kind of wish the powder system had some mitigation tied to it as well. If they added a few more abilities that needed a cartridge, maybe it could have 6 cool little lights like a revolver, then.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cythereal posted:

HW is great, you'll enjoy it.

I keep hearing this! I really wanna start HW! I am also level 55 and I stopped unlocking new skills because I can't do the quests for them until I start HW!

I know I can buy a skip but I've come so far I just wanna see it to the end.

Tashilicious posted:

youll probably get there before the end of the expansion.

Aren't expansions like, 2 years apart though

It does feel like this one is getting a lot more attention than other ones though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

Well, for one thing - it’s a ranged attack.
Oh. Well, I missed that part entirely. Yeah that explains a lot.

EDIT: Ah, that's why. Enchanted Reprise is ranged, but Reprise itself isn't.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Let me also share how to get people in rando dungeons to say you are a good gunbreaker: Use Demon Slice and Demon Slaughter. :shrug:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Ibblebibble posted:

Amh Araeng is my favourite zone theme and you cannot make me get off this hill.

:emptyquote:

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I'm glad the FF14 Forums twitter was able to cheer me up today when someone complained about Rak'tika's BGM being racist.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

As a sprout who primarily plays White Mage and is still halfway through Stormblood, DNC is really intuitive. It's not like when I had to learn an iron-clad rotation to play BLM, it's basically just playing whack a mole while zipping around with En Avant and that seems really fun.

Note, I hate playing in melee unless I opt to Tank.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
What are some mods or add-ons that people use to not make /gpose look like crap when you screenshot?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I made it to 80 on MCH, though I'm probably doing pretty poor at it as I'm mostly playing by ear. It's been fun though, sorry to all the old MCH likers but I'm glad they revamped it.

I thought I would have a longer adjustment period to being a rabbit but I took to it almost right away.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
The trust system is really cheesing me off with this second boss in the second dungeon. Oh you're standing there well I'll just get right in front of you uselessly and oops we're all dead

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Surprised more people haven't mentioned that we're a partly rejoined Ascian. Is the implication that we're the 14th member of the Conclave? Also placing money on that we're one of Mom's original summoners.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does power scale in this? Can I solo Great Gubal Library at 73 Dragoon? I want an item in there.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Surprised more people haven't mentioned that we're a partly rejoined Ascian. Is the implication that we're the 14th member of the Conclave? Also placing money on that we're one of Mom's original summoners.

please mark what your spoilers are about

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

garfield hentai posted:

The trust system is really cheesing me off with this second boss in the second dungeon. Oh you're standing there well I'll just get right in front of you uselessly and oops we're all dead

There’s a reason the scions have needed you to carry them all these years.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Shnooks posted:

What are some mods or add-ons that people use to not make /gpose look like crap when you screenshot?

Most people use a variant of the Reshade framework called Stormshade, which enables various effects like DoF that are normally disabled in Reshade.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Firstborn posted:

Let me also share how to get people in rando dungeons to say you are a good gunbreaker: Use Demon Slice and Demon Slaughter. :shrug:

... and remember to turn on Royal Guard.

You know, I've been thinking about trying to level gathering/crafting, but I haven't touched it since ARR and I think my highest level crafter is like, 25. At this point it just seems overwhelming, especially since I'm still running on the assumption that you're going to need to level most of the crafting classes a fair amount of the way for the cross skills for whatever your 'main' is and god help you if you go Omni.

Aside from that, I'm at the point in Stormblood's MSQ that I've united the Steppe's people and beat up Garlean Team Rocket once again. I've not been super hot on the plot thus far, but that last dungeon and single player duty were both kind of rad set pieces, so I take back at least one bad thing I've said about the story.

Kind of thinking what I'll level for alts once I get closer to being caught up, right now I'm kind of leaning towards Machinist or RDM for DPS and WHM for healer. I had a 60 SCH, but I'm not terribly hot on them. I leveled it at the time because it seemed more convenient to do that than to separately level a healer and DPS, but it turned out I didn't really like SCH nor SUM. I don't really know enough about AST to really say anything about it, my big concern is that I would constantly forget about cards and on paper it looks like their personal damage contribution looks to be the lowest of the three healers (though it sounds like the way ShB is balanced, there's not going to be as many GCDs to spare pitching out damage so... :shrug:) but I don't know how it actually pans out in practice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh no

Oh no!

OH NO!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DeathSandwich posted:

Aside from that, I'm at the point in Stormblood's MSQ that I've united the Steppe's people and beat up Garlean Team Rocket once again. I've not been super hot on the plot thus far, but that last dungeon and single player duty were both kind of rad set pieces, so I take back at least one bad thing I've said about the story.
Yeah I think the Steppe is generally held to be the best zone in Stormblood.

I think in light of Shadowbringers SB is gonna look like the poor sister of the expansions, but they probably felt they had no choice, and they might not have felt there was enough compelling story content to do a full Othard expac. So, marry the two and get it out the door.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nessus posted:

Yeah I think the Steppe is generally held to be the best zone in Stormblood.

Not coincidentally, written by the lead writer for Shadowbringers who also did DRK and Ysayle.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Quoting myself from a few pages back:

small bird pudding posted:

Finished the shb MSQ last night. I liked Stormblood, but this was waaay better. Like, unbelievably so. I hope they can keep it up in the patch content over the next few years.

Major spoilers: So, if the WoL (and Ardbert) are the soul of someone our buddy in the DMV waiting room and Emet used to know, and the convocation lost a member in connection with the decision to summon Zodiark, presumably we have the soul of that 14th member and she was a big part of the summoning Hydaelyn crew? (And is Unulkuhai the same?)

And do you think Elidibus is going to pull the WoL from another shard to fight us or create fake WoLs from random echo havers?

Edit: Also, I wasn't one of the people clamoring for Viera to be added to the game, but I'm glad they did. The ears still take some getting used to but I'm so happy with how my WoL turned out. I'll have to get some screenshots later, I was too busy mainlining MSQ.

Additional spoilers regarding the end of the MSQ:

Following up on the assumption that we're one of crystalmom's original summoners, and noting that ol' man Emet freely admits the Ascians are tempered by Zodiark and we speculate we're tempered by Hydaelyn, are we permanently tempered? Given that we've presumably been born and reborn, and Ardbert was presumably also tempered by crystalmom. Is that a special power of stardad and crystalmom, or does it apply to other primals too? Because that would suuuuck.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Had anyone received their code email for the finalise, Mont, and other digital deluxe extras?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Cythereal posted:

Not coincidentally, written by the lead writer for Shadowbringers who also did DRK and Ysayle.

That makes sense. They should just let her write everything from now on. MSQ, quests, my wedding vows...

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

small bird pudding posted:

That makes sense. They should just let her write everything from now on. MSQ, quests, my wedding vows...

She deffo needs a raise and a promotion to just
Head Writer.
She and Koji can do all of the stuff and just have copywriters for the fluff.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Terper posted:

Some dude installing the Steam version of FFXIV
OH NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So, I bought the $200 Whale Edition of SHB.

I have 2 packages coming from SqEnix.

A 6lb package coming today, and a ~1.2lb package coming on July 6th.

I'm assuming that the 6lb package is the statue/physical goods, and the ~1lb package is the game box.

The game box with my product code.

So I can't activate my game til Saturday, while I have this whole week off from work for the holiday.