Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

God, I love this shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When are they gonna' get to the fireworks factory?

Seriously, in an episode where a lot of stuff happened, it still feels like nothing happened and we're killing time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

When are they gonna' get to the fireworks factory?

Seriously, in an episode where a lot of stuff happened, it still feels like nothing happened and we're killing time.

It's part 1 of a two parter.

So next week.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're gonna get a black mirror episode of Fitz and Simmons aren't we

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Not Coulson: she's only motivated by hate!
Daisy: what are you motivated by?
NC: Love....
Daisy and May looked surprised, maybe seeing the old Coulson somewhere ins..

NC:.... Nah, it's hate.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
If that truck doesn't get ghostrider'd by the end of the season, what was even the point?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That music was very "Mass Effect" whenever they were in space.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Can someone refresh my memory on the status/location of the monoliths? Were they destroyed?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the blew them up last season shortly after returning to the present.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if they're gonna retcon the fourth one (AKA the very first one) that was destroyed in Season 3.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Does it seem obvious to everyone else that the first thing they should do is blow up the tower? Then there's nothing for the truck to run into, and nothing to grow once the wig lady gets there.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Snowbunny! :3:

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Darth Brooks posted:

Does it seem obvious to everyone else that the first thing they should do is blow up the tower? Then there's nothing for the truck to run into, and nothing to grow once the wig lady gets there.

Quake could quake it apart!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

bou posted:

Snowbunny! :3:

Deke and Snowflake are hilarious and I love them. Much better than his creepy Daisy creeping.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Finally caught up I love this show.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sloth Life posted:

Deke and Snowflake are hilarious and I love them. Much better than his creepy Daisy creeping.

But this one is even creepier.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mymla posted:

But this one is even creepier.

Yeah, I feel like Deke doesn't realize that when she says she wants to see his soul pour out of him she means it literally.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope that the plot twist is that Snowbunny in this specific case is being metaphorical because Deke and her are hilarious together and they pretty much deserve each other.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quake saying "snowbunny!?" both sarcastically and in disbelief is amazing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, not-Coulson drove 17 hours across the US to get to the right spot to stop the shrikes, hopefully in time before Izel arrived.

Could they not have flown all his poo poo there in a fraction of the time and spent the rest setting up and preparing?

Maybe with a few very large containers of liquid nitrogen or other cold substances to spray over the tower?

Also - how did ancient Incans find out all that poo poo about her?

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Sarge specifically didn't want SHIELD coming with him, probably because he knew they'd try to stop him when/if they learned about his bomb.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, not-Coulson drove 17 hours across the US to get to the right spot to stop the shrikes, hopefully in time before Izel arrived.

Could they not have flown all his poo poo there in a fraction of the time and spent the rest setting up and preparing?

Maybe with a few very large containers of liquid nitrogen or other cold substances to spray over the tower?

Also - how did ancient Incans find out all that poo poo about her?

Either Ancient Aliens or they’re paving the way for Eternals being a thing in phase 4.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The movie part of Marvel and the TV part of Marvel aren't getting along right now... or ever, really.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Darth Brooks posted:

The movie part of Marvel and the TV part of Marvel aren't getting along right now... or ever, really.
So much to the point that movie Marvel has started a second television division that it WILL play nice with.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

And when they were blown up, they opened a portal to the "fear dimension." Then in this latest episode, Sarge mentioned that Izel comes "from a realm of fear and darkness." :prepop:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Not Coulson: she's only motivated by hate!
Daisy: what are you motivated by?
NC: Love....
Daisy and May looked surprised, maybe seeing the old Coulson somewhere ins..

NC:.... Nah, it's hate.

I had to pause after that one for a bit until I could catch my breath

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Snowflake wants Deke's soul all over her face.

I figured they were going to make it ambiguous on whether Izel was evil, but nope.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Is there any chance Coulson / sarge has anything to do with ghost rider ? I’ve forgotten, when Coulson became ghost rider I think he essentially said he had some deal with it but was it revealed what that was?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

teacup posted:

Is there any chance Coulson / sarge has anything to do with ghost rider ? I’ve forgotten, when Coulson became ghost rider I think he essentially said he had some deal with it but was it revealed what that was?

You can use the Rider to defeat Aida, but it's going to burn out whatever TAHITI did to bring you back and you'll die, that's the deal.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Snowflake wants Deke's soul all over her face.

I figured they were going to make it ambiguous on whether Izel was evil, but nope.

This show does ambiguous for exactly as long as needed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sunday at work posted:

You can use the Rider to defeat Aida, but it's going to burn out whatever TAHITI did to bring you back and you'll die, that's the deal.

Future Yoyo knew that Coulson was dying but I don't think that was specifically called as the reason.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

RareAcumen posted:

Future Yoyo knew that Coulson was dying but I don't think that was specifically called as the reason.

Coulson literally says exactly that when telling the team he is dying...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, I'm guessing that whatever demonic entity is behind Ghost Rider took Coulson's body when he died and revived him to be a solider in his army against the shrike and Izel. She seems demonic adjacent and could possibly be an enemy for that entity. Though Ghost Rider seems to not kill bad people, and Sarge doesn't seem to have any thing against killing anyone.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe the monoliths clone humans when they go through them. That’d be an interesting way to bring Ward back.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Teek posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing that whatever demonic entity is behind Ghost Rider took Coulson's body when he died and revived him to be a solider in his army against the shrike and Izel. She seems demonic adjacent and could possibly be an enemy for that entity. Though Ghost Rider seems to not kill bad people, and Sarge doesn't seem to have any thing against killing anyone.

Well the demonic entity behind the Ghost Rider is God, so.....that'd be an awkward conversation for the team to have.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulva posted:

Well the demonic entity behind the Ghost Rider is God

Which one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invalid Validation posted:

Maybe the monoliths clone humans when they go through them. That’d be an interesting way to bring Ward back.

You mean like that transporter theory that the "you" that materializes is a clone?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Rocksicles posted:

Which one?

The really big one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulva posted:

The really big one.

Got it, Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Mulva posted:

Well the demonic entity behind the Ghost Rider is God, so.....that'd be an awkward conversation for the team to have.

Mack: :smuggo: