Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Better have involved pooping in an article of gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I broke the refs stick feelings.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

easily the lamest reason to be suspended

are you going to pbr in february

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm looking at skating drills and there's a ton of squiggly lines that are being used that I do not understand.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sellouts posted:

easily the lamest reason to be suspended

are you going to pbr in february

Yep we're all signed up for broken bottle.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Don't bring any sticks you care about.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

Don't bring any sticks you care about.

Eh broke that one via spearing my own crotchular area about 2-3 weeks ago.

loving zam doors :argh:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sounds like you broke 2 sticks in that instance.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Fortunately it missed the ol' meat and potatoes by about an inch or two but definitely got up in the caveman area and just collapsed the hell outta that stick. They don't make those sticks anymore; I was marginally sad.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Last 12u practice of the spring season, played coaches vs kids.

Those little bastards skated harder against us than when they're playing for points!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I just hit the point where one of my kids is better at sport than I am. Few years of track and cross country and he can goddamn smoke me at a mile.

Hmm maybe I take that back. My daughters figure skate and they destroy me at that too. At least I can hockey stop better than them. Checkmate!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

I'm still better than my son, but some of his team mates are really good and are definitely better than me.

So I slew footed one of them in the face off circle :laffo:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
drat what kind of rear end in a top hat slewfoots a 4 year old

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

prom candy posted:

Marchand would

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah, I'd trip a baby.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

is the kid a bigot

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Pleads posted:

Yeah, I'd trip a baby.

Break his stick while he's struggling to get up, teach 'em some mental fortitude

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You ever tried to break a kid's stick? They're whippy as hell, you really gotta work for it. I had to use the goal post.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

prom candy posted:

He's 12, and can skate around/dangle me at will. He also thought it was hilarious.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah but can he skate backwa

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

How's his spreadsheet look?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
3 of my 4 defensemen aren't able to play in tomorrow's game against a team that's already crushed us once this season. :smithicide:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Ouch. We were really short last night too, across the bench. I know a few guys are on vacation all next week for the holiday.

Last night I played wing and a few shifts on D, which was pretty fun. It was one of those games where I was inches away from having points but just couldn't quite connect.

I managed to not slew foot any 12 year olds, too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Been off almost a full month due to vacation and surgery recovery. First game back Monday will be fun. Hopefully I can slewfoot some 12yos and break their sticks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is my style.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

I’m finally getting back to playing after at least a year off (moved down south and job traditions). Went to stick and pick today and goddamn do I feel great. I definitely need to attend a few more and get my skills back up.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Went to my normal practice session with my team here in town. Due to some travel stuff, and an injury to the normal starting goalie of our A team I got to play in net for the first time for them tonight. Played pretty decently making some timely saves and felt halfway decent about it all.

In the parking lot afteward was chatting with the team captains and was told that they're going to probably make the decision to have me replace the normal starting goalie because "if you have a better option you'd be stupid not to use it". That's fine by me because I don't mind playing in net but the starting goalie right now is one of those semi-psycho goalies who has to do everything a certain way in warm-ups, takes practices way too seriously if someone dares to try a wrap-around. So I'm not really looking forward to how he's going to react if/when he finds out this news.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sounds like he drinks a lot of hand sanitizer. Better not touch his loving Percocets.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

3 of my 4 defensemen aren't able to play in tomorrow's game against a team that's already crushed us once this season. :smithicide:

We amazingly managed to beat them 4-3 in a shootout. They crushed us 7-3 the first time we played them.

With about 30 seconds left in regulation, I had a one-timer on a wide-open net that I shot about two inches too close to the center of the net and the goalie just barely got there in time to deflect it away. :negative:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

sellouts posted:

Butts is it a private drop in?

Can’t believe anyone didn’t say something to him for you.

Yeah, private drop in.

It wasn't a blow-up hit, but folks noticed.

I wasn't really sure what I thought had actually happened, happened until a couple guys commented.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Thinking about doing one of the Laura Stamm power skating clinics - as a basic bitch skater, would it be worth my time or should I just skate like a dick at public skate (or both)?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

a mysterious cloak posted:

Thinking about doing one of the Laura Stamm power skating clinics - as a basic bitch skater, would it be worth my time or should I just skate like a dick at public skate (or both)?
I don't know if Laura herself is still running the clinics but she's been around forever and is one of the best. I'd go.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Power skating clinics will improve your game more than just about anything else.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Looks like I can't get my work schedule juggled enough to make it work. Arrggghh. Surely my patients can watch themselves for a few hours...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Only had 8 skaters tonight. Got out to an early 2-0 lead but clearly got tired and ended up losing 4-3 in OT.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Meanwhile we currently have 13 going tonight which of course means we're probably gonna get stomped 9-1 hah

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
one of my teammates got booted last night for calling a dude a human being. i've known him since we were like 10, he's a good dude if somewhat rough around the edges and isn't genuinely homophobic, i think "human being" is just kind of his go-to chirp from his junior hockey days that he has yet to grow out of.

anyway this wouldn't have been particularly remarkable except 1) the refs were swift and unequivocal in meting out justice, and 2) the dude in question, once he discovered why he'd been booted, instead of being petulant or angry, was like "i'll be damned, i sure am behind the times, guess I'd better stop saying that" and then went and apologized to the other team.

the entire sequence was kind of bizarre, it was like watching the world change just a little bit in real time.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

bewbies posted:

one of my teammates got booted last night for calling a dude a human being. i've known him since we were like 10, he's a good dude if somewhat rough around the edges and isn't genuinely homophobic, i think "human being" is just kind of his go-to chirp from his junior hockey days that he has yet to grow out of.

anyway this wouldn't have been particularly remarkable except 1) the refs were swift and unequivocal in meting out justice, and 2) the dude in question, once he discovered why he'd been booted, instead of being petulant or angry, was like "i'll be damned, i sure am behind the times, guess I'd better stop saying that" and then went and apologized to the other team.

the entire sequence was kind of bizarre, it was like watching the world change just a little bit in real time.

I understand this.

I grew up when "fag" and "human being" was the legit go-to, no thinking, insult in elementary school. People talk about how when you get pissed off you don't think right and just sort of go into a different state or whatever.

It took me a long time to really expunge fag and human being from my vocabulary because they're unacceptable to use, whether or not you intend them as a homophobic slur or whether it's just a insult you toss around because that's how you grew up.

Really your buddy should've been aware of this like... years ago but let's be real, he literally has the best response you could possibly want to that situation. Hats off to him for that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Duke Chin posted:

Meanwhile we currently have 13 going tonight which of course means we're probably gonna get stomped 9-1 hah

It was 7-1 - Shots were (allegedly) 49 to 6

I've been drat near playing D-only for the last 4 years so last night I played center on olympic-sized ice and that's the closest I've come to that pukey-feeling-from-running/skating in years hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've been trying to purge retard from my vocabulary for a while. You'd think deleting a word would be easy but you get caught in an instant and old habits bubble up. :argh:

On the ice I emulate Toews as much as I can, using gently caress as every word if possible.