Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm going to predict "it all happened in an autistic kid's snowglobe".

If the show ends in any other way it is a complete failure and the greatest crime in human history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Will Arnett wakes up and takes off a horse mask after a bender.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The last two episodes take place entirely inside Bojack's head and then we have to wait years for the End of Bojack feature film

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Will Arnett wakes up and takes off a horse mask after a bender.

It had better be THAT horse mask.

shame on an IGA posted:

The last two episodes take place entirely inside Bojack's head and then we have to wait years for the End of Bojack feature film

For a second I thought this was Archer.

...and now I'm pondering Archer/EVA parallels.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

shame on an IGA posted:

That's (too) much, man

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Bojack changes and lives alone in a new east coast community where he's well known for being an avid bowler or something.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

No. I don't know why people think that. The show has made it obvious, over and over, that there's no such thing as a definitive ending to anything. There's always the day after.

which is why if they go that route, it probably won't be the last episode and they'll spend some time establishing that the side characters all keep going with their own bullshit. BoJack dying isn't the end; it's just another speed bump for everyone else.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’d just be happy with a time skip where 50-60 year old Bojack is driving Hollyhock to her first rehab/mental health clinic and the cycle continues, but this time with Bojack as the guide instead of the constant wanton stooge.

I also feel like this season really needs to kind of be mostly about Mr. PB with Bojack relegated to some clever B plots and maybe a really good Todd episode.

I also really want a whole season where Bojack doesn’t do something morally reprehensible and indefensible to women. No more drugging them until they OD, or grooming them, or ruining their careers, or choking them. It would be amazing if they could find a different way to garner a deep emotional gut punch without just punishing the female cast for the sin of being in Bojack’s orbit.

...I also want to see a really trashy fight where Diane tries to talk her way out of something and Pickles just goes Jerry Springer on her rear end, so maybe I’m part of the problem lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bust Rodd posted:

I also really want a whole season where Bojack doesn’t do something morally reprehensible and indefensible to women. No more drugging them until they OD, or grooming them, or ruining their careers, or choking them. It would be amazing if they could find a different way to garner a deep emotional gut punch without just punishing the female cast for the sin of being in Bojack’s orbit.

You mean like season 4?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

You mean like season 4?

You mean the season where Bojack’s grandmother is forced to have a lobotomy after nearly killing his mother in a car accident to deal with the anguish of her dead son?

The season where his sister ODs on methamphetamines because their mother is drugging her?

Or is that the season where the Sugarman’s maid gets hosed by her boss and wants to have the baby and they force her to give it up for adoption?

Ok, you got me, I guess Bojack doesn’t do anything horrible to women in that particular- oh wait no he fucks his creepy super obsessed fan while he and Hollyhock are looking for clues about her mom.

I guess what I’m saying is “I sure hope Season 6 doesn’t aggressively punish all the women on the show in an attempt to secure an intense emotional reaction.”

Make something bad happen TO Bojack and watch what happens, because that will be the only way to test whether or not he’s changed for real.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Saucy_Rodent posted:

I really hope this next episode 11 doesn’t just have BoJack doing something slightly more horrible than the horrible thing he did in last season’s episode 11.

If the rehab doesn't stick then I'd expect horrible things to happen to Bojack in the next couple of seasons. That's why I hope that the show takes a slightly less misanthropic path and shows us that Bojack is actually capable of growth.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

emanresu tnuocca posted:

If the rehab doesn't stick then I'd expect horrible things to happen to Bojack in the next couple of seasons. That's why I hope that the show takes a slightly less misanthropic path and shows us that Bojack is actually capable of growth.

Bojack would not have gone into rehab at the start of the series. He's grown.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Obviously it's going to end with Bojack and Mr Peanutbutter's wedding.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think the ultimate growth would be if at some point Bojack had to do something nice for someone at great personal cost (emotionally and maybe physically but not financially) and not depicted as making a big deal about it. Like the writers are clever enough to show us Bojack doing something for someone else and not immediately turning around and going “Now give me a cookie for being a good boy!”.

Also if S6 has a Mr. Peanutbutter plotline that ends with Diane loving Bojack to make Mr. PB mad as was lightly hinted at this season I’m gonna blow my stack.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I hate the thread name change so much.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

MiddleOne posted:

I hate the thread name change so much.

Why are people even talking about bo jack in the tuca and birdie thead

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Obviously it's going to end with Bojack and Mr Peanutbutter's wedding.

Bojack and Mr Peanut butter at the SAME wedding!? What is this, a crossover wedding??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mr. PB is already at full Farnsworth levels, I can’t read any of his lines without hearing Paul F Thompkins

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Bust Rodd posted:

I think the ultimate growth would be if at some point Bojack had to do something nice for someone at great personal cost (emotionally and maybe physically but not financially) and not depicted as making a big deal about it. Like the writers are clever enough to show us Bojack doing something for someone else and not immediately turning around and going “Now give me a cookie for being a good boy!”.

Also if S6 has a Mr. Peanutbutter plotline that ends with Diane loving Bojack to make Mr. PB mad as was lightly hinted at this season I’m gonna blow my stack.

He agreed to do Filbert for Princess Carolina sight unseen just to help her out. It ended up costing him a lot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

prefect posted:

I'm going to predict "it all happened in an autistic kid's snowglobe".

If the show ends in any other way it is a complete failure and the greatest crime in human history.
30 Rock already did this with a great ending fakeout in the finale, it's one of my favorite last episodes of any sitcom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

It would be amazing if they could find a different way to garner a deep emotional gut punch without just punishing the female cast for the sin of being in Bojack’s orbit.
This, but real life and all women

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bust Rodd posted:

Make something bad happen TO Bojack and watch what happens, because that will be the only way to test whether or not he’s changed for real.

Bad poo poo happens to him all the time, even though almost all of it is his own doing. He fell off a loving building, lost his mother, and got addicted to opioids. He's constantly suffering physically and emotionally in the show, and the only reason the show punishes others, especially women around him, is because that's the only thing that actually seems to get through to him through his self-destructive haze. The only difference between him and those in his orbit is that the bad poo poo usually bounces off him because he's rich and already lives in mental anguish most of the time. You can't break what's already been broken.

Like what, would he need to lose his money, and thus the entire framing device of the show? Does he need to spend an episode falling down an especially long flight of stairs? Lose an arm somehow?

The times Bojack has been the most hurt are when he hurt others he cared about or someone threw his own actions back in his face. That's not a problem with the show, it's who the character is. He's a rich, famous white(?) man living in LA, and a self-pitying narcissist. He's often been protected from the deeper consequences of the lovely things he does because that's how LA and the world really work, and the women around him aren't because that's also what actually happens. The thing you're mad about is the point the show is making.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I think the idea is how would bojack react to someone else hurting him for their own personal gain. Think how he reacted to diane's book on him, how would he react to that kind of thing now? Has he grown at all since then?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Last episode follows Bojack as the can he's put in leaves the glue factory.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

What about a Bojack/Diane/Mr Pb threesome?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now that's a crossover episode.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

FactsAreUseless posted:

30 Rock already did this with a great ending fakeout in the finale, it's one of my favorite last episodes of any sitcom.

Shout out to the Community S6 board-game ending.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Bust Rodd posted:

The last episode of S4 speaks to this. After Bojack learns Hollyhock is his sister, he does a ton of footwork to find Henrietta. If his speech to Hollyhock's adoptive fathers is to be believed, he didn't have an ulterior motive...he just really wanted her to know and didn't seem to care how the information made it to her.

It didn't stop him from getting addicted to pills and nearly murdering his costar during a psychotic break later on, but he has on occasion shown growth.

PCjr sidecar posted:

Shout out to the Community S6 board-game ending.

That is the most Dan Harmon possible thing, that ending. A self-loathing and bleakly absurdist meta joke that crawls inside its own rear end as a form of therapy. (I think it's perfect, if that is unclear.)

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is deviant art still a thing? If so, they’ve probably got you covered.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What is this? A reacharound episode?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Last episode follows Bojack as the can he's put in leaves the glue factory.

With a voiceover as he's bought by someone for a 7 year old kid's school project, and he's giving commentary bitching about how dumb and unprofessional it looks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The series is gonna end with Marisa Tomei sneezing on Bojack.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The visualisation of coming to terms with childhood trauma as the adult self comforting the flashback child self seems like it should be cliched and corny but it still somehow manages to completely work.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I just finished Tuca and Bertie, and I gotta say, I could watch this animation forever. It is fun as hell.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm more stoked for another season of Tuca and Bertie than Bojack tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

I'm more stoked for another season of Tuca and Bertie than Bojack tbh

Extremely same

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Extremely same

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You'd think I'd be more invested in Bojack at this point but his arcs aren't... arcing, but birdshow grabbed me hard immediately, flew through some serious development in one season no sweat and yet has room for more.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Bojack is always fantastic, but yeah Tuca and Bertie is captivating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

It's depressing to me that tuca and bertie only has a 7.4 on imdb, though. Is it uncharitable to think that the people leaving one-star reviews are the same people who seem to have a burning disproportionate hatred for Diane? :v: