Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Hell yeah that sure was some symphogear.

Lessail posted:

that transformation sequence... this really is it huh

I love that it's gotten more and more complex each season.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It was a really fun episode and I liked it a lot, but I don't think it holds a candle to tank punching or the space shuttle reentry in terms of making me ridiculously hyped at a Symphogear season opener.

The fractally increasing complexity of the transformation sequences is absolutely hilarious though.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
shirabe figureskating in heelies (with girlfriend)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That episode was extremely good and also I hate it.

Leave Tsubasa alone you motherfuckers, she was having a great date with Maria and everything.

The production values continue to shine, too. The performance scene and the fight right after were both excellent.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 13, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The opening and direction this season seems to be a bit higher as the ship action scene had all sorts of neat visual flair

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also it's probably reasonably safe to assume that Milaarc isn't going to be making much of a face-turn after this, right? Show can be pretty forgiving, sure, but it's never been forgiving enough to cover "I murdered a stadium full of 100 thousand people in order to cause one person emotional trauma".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow they really pulled out all the stops this season, in more than one way. I keep waiting for the animation to stop being next-level but it never does. :stare:

Also this episode was highly unrealistic. At this point everyone in universe should be well aware you're putting your life on the line when you go to a Tsubasa concert and everyone there should be prepared to die at any moment for that sweet idol rock. :rock:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 13, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well that escalated quickly. You could maybe pull your punches a little bit, show.

Hibiki turning her scarf into power arms is going to own though.

I guess Carol probably still has the highest total count of murders, but still, drat. And either Maria or Tsubasa is going to extremely kill Milaarc.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 13, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I always wonder why people keep turning up to watch those concerts given the non negligible chance of being reduced to a fine bloody mist. Its sort of like Metalocalypse I guess but with jpop

Also heres hoping they keep the visuals because they have been top notch so far

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I was hoping for more S1 callbacks, but not like that :stare:

It's a bit of a change in formula that it's the second episode that really nails you to the chair instead of the action-packed first one.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
there's gotta be a better option than "wait for the helicopter" when a noise attack is happening

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lessail posted:

there's gotta be a better option than "wait for the helicopter" when a noise attack is happening

I was kind of hoping that Chris would shoot them all there

I feel bad for Tsubasa. Her lovely rear end grandpa is getting his dander up and now this? Oof

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Every second Evil Grampa Kazanari spends on screen leaves me more convinced that he's gonna be our True Villain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They delayed the season for the sake of animation quality. The assumption was that the animation was coming out looking rushed, but maybe instead it was coming out looking about the same as usual and they wanted the last season to blow people away? Because even compared to AXZ's best episodes, these episodes seem like the characters are more detailed and there's lots of little touches to the animation.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anime delays are (basically) good, I've decided.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I was kind of hoping that Chris would shoot them all there

I feel bad for Tsubasa. Her lovely rear end grandpa is getting his dander up and now this? Oof

at the very least i feel that hibiki should've taken off the single moment they were told of the attack at the concert

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tweet with slight spoilers: https://twitter.com/zoidzero1/status/1150165846720950274

What the hell did they do in Kirika's scrapped henshin?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hopefully those 10 seconds will be added in the BDs or something. As for the cut parts, probably more poledancing?

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Lessail posted:

They shot the team into space on ICBMs once, they should keep doing that

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I gotta say, I do appreciate this season immediately slamming its cards on the table and going "hey, this season's gonna have a lot of Tsubasa content motherfuckers." Feels like she hasn't done much of substance since S1, outside of GX's Bad Dad Adventures.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I gotta say, I do appreciate this season immediately slamming its cards on the table and going "hey, this season's gonna have a lot of Tsubasa content motherfuckers." Feels like she hasn't done much of substance since S1, outside of GX's Bad Dad Adventures.

I agree and am glad Tsubasa is getting some focus again, but they could have maybe not gone in quite so hard. Hopefully this is as grim as things get, because woof.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 14, 2019

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
so CR subbed a couple of Kirika's lines as just "Death", was that uh, accurate?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
She goes 'Dess' as a verbal tic so probably not, although that's obviously the pun given her look.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the pun is that 'dess' sounds like both how a japanese person would pronounce the english word 'death' and also sounds like the japanese word 'desu,' which is a general japanese verbal copula with no super specific meaning. Subbing it as just 'death' is kinda clunky but it is also what she's saying.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To be honest it's not a bad localization choice and pretty on brand for Kirika

Also it's not just the animation that's got some extra polish but the direction also got some extra touch well. The action scenes/concert stuff all interesting layouts and tricks usually saved for movies like Nanoha or big Precure mid season/end of season fights

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Ah, I see. Thanks.

I appreciate how hard Kirika tries.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

To be honest it's not a bad localization choice and pretty on brand for Kirika
I'd just leave it unsubbed, frankly, but that's just me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just noticed from the opening that the villains represent a Frankenstein's Monster, a Werewolf and a Vampire.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also yeah the Remnants are probably the most evil villain team we have had. Millaarc also apparently mind flayed Tsubasa or was going to as it's one of her powers.

But I like that even the artist said that Millaarc won't be forgiven.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also yeah the Remnants are probably the most evil villain team we have had. Millaarc also apparently mind flayed Tsubasa or was going to as it's one of her powers.

It was pointed out that that was the artist saying that and not necessarily what will happen in the show, but that being said it would take quite a lot for that to happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chumbler posted:

It was pointed out that that was the artist saying that and not necessarily what will happen in the show, but that being said it would take quite a lot for that to happen.

I know that, but I would assume most of the staff agrees with him.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Millaarc's actions here....might be the most vile single act any villain's committed in the series to date? Like other villains might have more cumulative blood or pain on their hands, but as far as one big shot goes, Millaarc's gotta at least be the worst we've seen from anyone besides Adam, and Adam got punched until he exploded.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, Millaarc's actions here....might be the most vile single act any villain's committed in the series to date? Like other villains might have more cumulative blood or pain on their hands, but as far as one big shot goes, Millaarc's gotta at least be the worst we've seen from anyone besides Adam, and Adam got punched until he exploded.

Adam did not kill innocents on screen to spite the heroes for fun. Not that he was not a right bastard.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

MonsterEnvy posted:

I kinda get the feeling that whatever she did with that will bear fruit later, because otherwise why go to all this trouble? Just to get under one member of SONG's skin? That's Joker levels of mayhem with petty motivations, and I doubt her boss (if she's the boss, which she seems to be, because she's going to be fighting Bikki) would sign off on that it didn't accomplish anything

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Adam did also not kill innocents on screen to spite the heroes for fun.

He was an implied pedophile and serial fedora wearer, tho :v:

To be very slightly fair to Millaarc, I imagine her goal was to make Tsubasa vulnerable to whatever her mind-whammy thing is. Maybe they're trying to read her mind, or make a sleeper agent out of her, or neutralize an enemy she outright said she can't beat in a straight fight. I'm sure it'll come back up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also

Why the gently caress did they taunt the happy fun ball disturb the corpse, idiots! :argh:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

On villains: other than Adam, they've pretty much all got to do a last-minute heroic sacrifice type thing. Even Carol, who probably had the highest kill count (though she did fry her brain first).

Spiritus Nox posted:

Every second Evil Grampa Kazanari spends on screen leaves me more convinced that he's gonna be our True Villain.

SONG's greatest failing to date is not finding a way to get that guy fired.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tweet with slight spoilers: https://twitter.com/zoidzero1/status/1150165846720950274

What the hell did they do in Kirika's scrapped henshin?

We got the tame version? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dzhay posted:

On villains: other than Adam, they've pretty much all got to do a last-minute heroic sacrifice type thing. Even Carol, who probably had the highest kill count (though she did fry her brain first).

And Maria/Kirika/Shirabe, ofc.