Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was told I should post Aphra here

she was until today a stray catte living on the streets of Boston. v skinny. now she is chilling in an air conditioned room getting all of the love.

thanks 2 forums goon street doc for bringing this baby's plight to my attention. she is currently laying in my lap purring and headbutting my hand so I will pet her instead of typing.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

she was until today a stray catte living on the streets of Boston. v skinny. now she is chilling in an air conditioned room getting all of the love.

thanks 2 forums goon street doc for bringing this baby's plight to my attention. she is currently laying in my lap purring and headbutting my hand so I will pet her instead of typing.

Hello Aphra!!!!!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Look at this beautiful girl! Thank you for taking her in. :3:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bertrand Hustle posted:

hello aphra!!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

gonna need a toe floof measurement of aphra

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

please continue

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hooray new cat! Way to go Aphra!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
jello-bee

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
we snuggled during stranger things :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Polio Vax Scene posted:

gonna need a toe floof measurement of aphra

Not much toe floof, but she has some ear floofs

Also she has big ol feets so I think she's gonna be a big kitty

She can't meow but she's super chatty, it just comes out like a whispered "maaahhh"

is that bad

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 25, 2019

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

She can't meow but she's super chatty, it just comes out like a whispered "maaahhh"

Teddy reborn

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hey

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

is that bad
What a sweetie.

Nope! She may become more vocal, with time. My Tanuki has always had a "rusty gate" voice, but purr-trills at Olympic levels.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm just hoping everything goes well, I'm super nervous because this is the first time I've had a cat all by myself. Spay/vaccine/checkup is next Thursday.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
She looks like a pro tortie and I'm sure in a month you'll be best buds.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

She's already decided I'm her person. Excellent yoscatte too; every time I leave my room, when I come back she's sitting in my computer chair.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm just hoping everything goes well, I'm super nervous because this is the first time I've had a cat all by myself. Spay/vaccine/checkup is next Thursday.

You'll do fine. Welcome to tortie club. Enjoy the ride. Always Be Catposting.

Current tortie mood:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Boogalo posted:

Current tortie mood:

Tortie twins!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Speaking of pro torties, Jezebel 'Cinnamon' departed this life today after a brief illness. She passed via euthanasia without any pain, we were there with her the whole time.

We don't really know how old she was, but she was at least 13 because we had her that long. She had a good long life and was never sick up until the last month or two. She hated living indoors and always tried to escape but she got to walk on a harness in the yard every so often.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Rest well Jezebel, pro as heck tortie.

Thank you for sharing her with us.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Speaking of pro torties, Jezebel 'Cinnamon' departed this life today after a brief illness. She passed via euthanasia without any pain, we were there with her the whole time.

We don't really know how old she was, but she was at least 13 because we had her that long. She had a good long life and was never sick up until the last month or two. She hated living indoors and always tried to escape but she got to walk on a harness in the yard every so often.

Rest well, fashion icon. You had a good run.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Battle scars. Busted teefie.

Not sure when this happened. I presume a while ago since it doesn't seem to be bugging him and the cats have been indoor only since Luna's miraculous return.

My guess is he fell off the roof. He liked to go up there. We live in a townhome so it'd be nearly 3 stories in some places.

E: Goddamn Toot Boot, sorry for your loss. She looked like a tough old gal. Glad you gave her a great life!

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 25, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jezebel :3:

You gave her a good life full of love and adventure, and a painless death surrounded by her family. We should all be so fortunate.

I miss my ex's cat Steve more than I miss my ex. She told me he loved me like nobody else except her. I was his dude. That stinky, diabetic little weirdo was missing half his teefies and gave me smelly love bites on my nose and always came up to say hi when I walked in the door. The best thing about Steve was that after he ate, he'd walk around the house talking up a storm, like he had to tell everyone how delicious his dinner was.

cats are weird and I love them

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Resting Lich Face posted:

Battle scars. Busted teefie.

Not sure when this happened. I presume a while ago since it doesn't seem to be bugging him and the cats have been indoor only since Luna's miraculous return.

My guess is he fell off the roof. He liked to go up there. We live in a townhome so it'd be nearly 3 stories in some places.

probably should get that looked at by a vet. the tooth could have been cracked further than you can see or have broken to a sensitive layer and might need to be removed.

good news is that they are perfectly fine with one fang:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

moew?

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Australian cat

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

A good catte. RIP, Jezebel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 23, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Woah, his winter floof has exploded and eaten his neck.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this is peak pepper

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hello Aphra! Welcome in!

She's beautiful! I'm sure you will do splendidly together.

(Is she named for Doctor Aphra?)

I submit my friend's cat Percy being a Long Boy

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
i loev aphra

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Sleepy girl

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
you gotta be well rested to put up with the abuses of three small children, even though they all are very well behaved with her.

she jumps up on the couch to hang out with the kids while they watch a movie now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

devmd01 posted:

she jumps up on the couch to hang out with the kids while they watch a movie now

:kimchi: