Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

rear end cobra posted:

what is this, tell me more

Any talk of it gets shut down pretty quickly because I think an assault legit took place, but basically goons signed up to date each other in E/N then one day it vanished without a trace and now if you talk about it you just disappear into nothingness welp gotta go cya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

rear end cobra posted:

what is this, tell me more

Think there was 1 date that didn't end horribly because they were well adjusted people. There were about a dozen total. It was a long time ago I don't remember much. If you've got archives you might be able to find the various disaster threads. There were some post-date trip summaries but I really only remember vague stuff.

Grem posted:

Any talk of it gets shut down pretty quickly because I think an assault legit took place, but basically goons signed up to date each other in E/N then one day it vanished without a trace and now if you talk about it you just disappear into nothingness welp gotta go cya.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
hell, TLC would run it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TLC's producers have a 6th sense for digging nuggets of gold out of a sea of garbage. I mean I thought the gambling addict would be terrible but boring but then we get this solid exchange out of the episode

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't remember a terrible lot about the details of each individual date in Goon Love, but I do remember one that defined reading along for me. Normal goon girl shows up, meets goon. After the date the goon man talkrd about how the girl was super embarrassed to be on a date and really awkward. Shortly after she posts her account, and this dude was basically being the most obnoxious online man possible, shouting, upon their meeting "Hello, I'm a goon! We're both goons! From somethingawful! The internet!" and other weirdo poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grem posted:

I don't remember a terrible lot about the details of each individual date in Goon Love, but I do remember one that defined reading along for me. Normal goon girl shows up, meets goon. After the date the goon man talkrd about how the girl was super embarrassed to be on a date and really awkward. Shortly after she posts her account, and this dude was basically being the most obnoxious online man possible, shouting, upon their meeting "Hello, I'm a goon! We're both goons! From somethingawful! The internet!" and other weirdo poo poo.

Don't doxx me

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

How are you all watching Love After Lockup? I have a cable streaming sub but I don’t think it includes WETV and I don’t wanna but the seasons on Amazon.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My memory of Goon Love is the Best Love is that it was the place where I learned of Two Worlds.

Basically Two Worlds was one of the goons asking for a date, but was being awkward about it, and one of the other posters in the thread kept making GBS threads on him for, what we though at the time was no reason. Eventually a mod said "explain why you are making GBS threads on this guy or get banned", so she did, and all the stories, (wanking over facebook pictures as punishment if you were rude to him, and worse stuff), came out

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Anime Store Adventure posted:

How are you all watching Love After Lockup? I have a cable streaming sub but I don’t think it includes WETV and I don’t wanna but the seasons on Amazon.

I'm a Hulu peasant and only have season 1 so far and will have to patiently wait for season 2 to get there one day.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
We watch it the most painful way possible, she mirrors the awful wetv website to our Apple TV. It disconnects randomly about 7 times an episode.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ll have to look. I think Spectrum has an upgraded streaming package for a few more dollars where you can pick a few extra channels on your own and I wonder if that would let me. Then again, maybe it would be a wash to just buy the seasons on amazon. I think I have Hulu through Spotify so I could at least catch the first that way.

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

It's a bit of a gamble but I can ussually find the newest episode on youtube

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

lowly abject turd posted:

It's a bit of a gamble but I can ussually find the newest episode on youtube

It's on Hulu, I think. I want to say that that's where the wife found it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

WeTV is included in Youtube TV, at least in my market.

This episode is also spectacular. The crackheads got into a huge fight then started making out 5 minutes later. The insane controlling guy went over to chat to the guy with obvious rage issues to demand custody of his wife's child and they got into a fist fight that was probably the most scripted scene I've ever seen in one of these shows. The Mormon woman is absolutely convinced that this trip to utah will convince this LA guy (who said he "used to be crippin' hard) "yes, this is the place for me"

We haven't even gotten to the guy who threw the engagement ring into the ocean or the story of the two women who are inexplicably fighting over the former inmate.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
drat I really need to find a cheap way to watch season 2!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you happen to have AT&T cellphone service season 2 is on demand with their free live TV streaming service that exists for some reason with a FireTV app.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nickle and Azan will never even be in the same country together, let alone get married

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
sure they will she just needs to give him some more money to start a store and before you know it they’ll be wed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
can someone summarize and highlight the best parts of azan and nickel for me because my only knowledge of them is through TLC's select clips on youtube and they seem like :piss:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

The White Dragon posted:

can someone summarize and highlight the best parts of azan and nickel for me because my only knowledge of them is through TLC's select clips on youtube and they seem like :piss:

The White Dragon posted:

Azan is 55% attracted to his fiancé Nickel. That about wraps it up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Azan is gay and using Nickel as a cover so he doesn't get stoned to death in Morocco.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Divine Styler posted:

Azan is 55% attracted to his fiancé Nickel. That about wraps it up.

Lazy

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
she’s big a little bit

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Nickle and Azan will never even be in the same country together, let alone get married

Calling it now, she is going to go over there on her own accord and "surprise" him.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Not being able to watch this: what does she get out of this at all?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Money and social media followers?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
She gets to tell whoever will listen about :siren: MY FIANCE :siren:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seeing Coltee and Debbee break down when Larissa's boyfriend popped in was great.

Also Pao trying to be a high school mean girl to Ashley only to realize how bad that looked and hard pivoting to trying to support her

Also who knew Andrei and Coltee would get along and see eye to eye so well?!?!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhyteRyce posted:

Seeing Coltee and Debbee break down when Larissa's boyfriend popped in was great.

It was extremely weird how he was sitting a few inches off camera so he could immediately jump in after someone mentioned him. Colt, of course, took the bait and got extremely upset.

None of these relationships are going to work out, and they all know that. They're all trying to destroy their former partners on a public forum in an attempt to make themselves look like the "good guy".

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Extra Large Marge posted:

It was extremely weird how he was sitting a few inches off camera so he could immediately jump in after someone mentioned him. Colt, of course, took the bait and got extremely upset.

None of these relationships are going to work out, and they all know that. They're all trying to destroy their former partners on a public forum in an attempt to make themselves look like the "good guy".

There’s some comments that Larissa is the dudes beard. Also a post that was deleted from the guy stated that they are both using each other and that’s ok with him and her.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
yeah it seemed like he was more interested in good old Dr. DUI than larissa

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It probably should be allowed since he spent an entire two seasons gaslighting her so giving her 10 minutes to do so should be fair game.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I felt bad for Colt

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol don't

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Colt wanted a subservient wife he could control with a green card and instead he got Larissa. The guy is a weirdo who's totally responsible for everything happening to him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Colt wanted a subservient wife he could control with a green card and instead he got Larissa. The guy is a weirdo who's totally responsible for everything happening to him.

*stares at you and drinks from a cup like no one ever before*

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Piggy Smalls posted:

I felt bad for Colt

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
hes a dreamboat

maybe dreamyacht in that pic

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Piggy Smalls posted:

I felt bad for Colt

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Donovan Trip posted:

hes a dreamboat

maybe dreamyacht in that pic

Garbage barge with Cap'n Debbie at the helm. There be a green card buried somewhere in the heap, have at it ladies!