Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Anyone want to do a draft fantasy league before the league begins? Made a thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894382

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

If preseason is any indication (it isn't), United absolutely robbed Swansea by only paying £15m for James.

Good fee for a good player with one year left on his deal.

But given we're still supposedly only mulling over a £20m offer from Sheff Utd for Oli McBurnie, who has been on a three day bender (and been banned from at least one bookshop according to Alan Curtis' son) with our season starting on Saturday, it does look a bit cheap, yeah.

Game's gone mad.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Spurs broke their transfer record to sign Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon for an initial £55m earlier this month, but Pochettino said he is in the dark about any more signings. The manager, who swerved questions regarding the future of Danny Rose, said: “I am not in charge and I know nothing about the situation of my players. I am only coaching them and trying to get the best from them. Sell, buy players, sign contract, not sign contract – I think it is not in my hands, it’s in the club’s hands and [chairman] Daniel Levy. The club need to change my title and description. Of course I am the boss deciding the strategic play, but in another area I don’t know. Today, I feel like I am the coach.”

:qq:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don't think Spurs even has a director of football, so is Daniel Levy just playing literal Football Manager on the transfer market without talking to his manager? Pretty nuts.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0kq2gpgyme/

Blah. He'll be gone after this season if there's no silverware and this is going on behind the scenes

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Weaponized Cum posted:

Blah. He'll be gone after this season if there's no silverware and this is going on behind the scenes

He’ll be at Carrington as soon as Manu can’t mathematically make top four in December.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I find it amusing that his two best options to escape an overmighty team president who ignores his manager regarding transfers are somehow Man u and real Madrid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ian Holloway posted:

You’re not lucky, kid. You have earned it. And I am delighted for you. I know you have caused a few waves because Sheffield Wednesday fans were fantastic and they probably think you hate them, you don’t and I know you don’t. You couldn’t turn this one down, could you?

“Sunderland, they were never fair to you were they? There was always that little bit in the background that they knew you came from Newcastle.

“Brucey, to be honest with you, you got promotions four times. You are record holder from the Championship to the Premier League. You deserve that chance. I cannot believe saying it on air, and I am going to say it, that you never really got any chance at Manchester United. One of the best captains ever, I don’t understand it. Not being funny.

lol i want to see him at man utd next

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jose posted:

Can’t do it, he’s bigger than the club

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

Ian Holloway is permanently drunk on tractor wine

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Weaponized Cum posted:

If you're Levy, I have no idea how you look at this situation and don't immediately talk to Poch and find out exactly what he wants and make it happen.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Blinkz0rz posted:

If you're Levy, I have no idea how you look at this situation and don't immediately talk to Poch and find out exactly what he wants and make it happen.

If I had to guess I reckon Levy thinks himself a genius that got Spurs this far and Potch is a good coach, but nothing more and he can find another one if he decides to move on.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Raffles posted:

If I had to guess I reckon Levy thinks himself a genius that got Spurs this far and Potch is a good coach, but nothing more and he can find another one if he decides to move on.

I know we all love Poch, but Spurs have quite a good squad, and it’s not crazy to think that other managers might also do well with them.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I know we all love Poch, but Spurs have quite a good squad, and its not crazy to think that other managers might also do well with them.

I agree, but Levy appointed AVB followed by Sherwood so his track record is a bit spotty

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

From my perspective, the biggest confusion from the Levy "we are doing really well and maybe someone else can do a job" perspective, is the team probably isn't far off needing an overhaul anyway. This version of the squad probably doesn't have more than a season or two left in it anyway, before you are rebuilding. Why not let the guy who clearly wants to build a new squad, and was successful with the last group, take on the job again?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Poch doesn’t want to build a new squad, he wants to plump a gazillion pounds for Dybala, and Levy will never ever do any such thing.

Levy is the luckiest man in the world thaf Harry Kane happened to be born where he was

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

Poch doesn’t want to build a new squad, he wants to plump a gazillion pounds for Dybala, and Levy will never ever do any such thing.

Levy is the luckiest man in the world thaf Harry Kane happened to be born where he was

Meh, I will take Poch signing all the Argie's if it means that somehow one of Skipp, KWP, Roles, or Parrott come good, because he is an above average youth developer.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I’m an old man and my memory might be foggy, but I thought AVB did a good job for Spurs.

Pochettino seems like an exceptional Spurs manager given his tolerance for the transfer limitations the club has put on him and how far he has taken them. He does not seem to freeze players he did not originally target out and just gets on with it, which isn’t that common in any big top flight league. I hope Spurs aren’t taking that for granted because I think a lot of other managers would have either gone to total war with Levy through the media or just left by now.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
AVB did pretty good until they sold Bale and replaced him with like six players one of whom (Eriksen) was good and the rest of whom were varying degrees of crap.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Exactly what Spurs need, a dickwavering tantrum behind the scenes.

:sigh:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Exactly what Spurs need, a dickwavering tantrum behind the scenes.

:sigh:

What does dickwavering look like?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Bend over, I'll show you.

:dong:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

skasion posted:

AVB did pretty good until they sold Bale and replaced him with like six players one of whom (Eriksen) was good and the rest of whom were varying degrees of crap.

Oh man, I had forgotten about that window, that was amazing. They spent 100m on players and all but one were garbage. I remember Spurs fans being so unbearable about signing Capoue because he was a long-time Arsenal target, then he sucked.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jamie Vardy tried to trademark “Chat poo poo, get banged” but got denied.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Bend over, I'll show you.

:dong:

He’s gonna have a hard time seeing from that angle.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jamie Vardy tried to trademark “Chat poo poo, get banged” but got denied.

Patent poo poo, get denied.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

Oh man, I had forgotten about that window, that was amazing. They spent 100m on players and all but one were garbage. I remember Spurs fans being so unbearable about signing Capoue because he was a long-time Arsenal target, then he sucked.
To be fair at the time it seemed like they'd used that window really loving well, but then reality hit once the season started and lol.

I will say that I did enjoy how Levy played Sherwood after he got hired as caretaker that season. Once the team started playing well Sherwood started moaning in pressers about the ambiguity of his future and how he can't run a team if he isn't completely certain of where he'll be next year, so Levy gave him an 18 month contract to make him shut the gently caress up. Then he sacked him at the end of the season anyway.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Axya853UA

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Look down the next time you're about to climb on your fat mam lol

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bundy posted:

Look down the next time you're about to climb on your fat mam lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP Melwood
https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1156928084584685569

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I did waver before posting it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Tottenham Hotspurs.

Winners of the Audi Cup.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
they couldnt fit into the Volkswagen?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Not with all our silverware.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Tottenham Hotspurs.

Winners of the Audi Cup.

When's the parade?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CyberPingu posted:

When's the parade?

We're much too humble for that.

It wasn't in the budget :(

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Eric the Mauve posted:

Levy is the luckiest man in the world thaf Harry Kane happened to be born where he was was too poo poo for Arsenal's youth u10 team and got dropped.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/1157387173848657923

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don't think anyone has ever denied Lukaku's straight line speed, he's incredibly quick when he's running downfield. Ask him to take a touch at that pace and that's where everything is lost.