Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
What, is there no route for us to complain that these were not the terms of the duel? We specifically challenged him to a fair fight when we were both recovered. Not to a fight tomorrow. Can't we come to the elders and reveal the whole deal with the Marbled Polecat death madra in our arm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

malbogio posted:

Admit we made a mistake.
H.

Decavo was recently injured badly enough to have trouble standing so our odds should be better than they were in the duel. I don’t feel great about beating up an injured and abused child to take their stuff but the alternative sounds deadly enough that we need to go all out.

You should probably assume Aracato has a plan and Decavo won't be at a huge disadvantage.

Added a bit to the update to make that clearer:

Papa says: " What I don't understand is why Aracato is forcing this now. Decavo still needs weeks to heal.”

Mama sounds tired “Why is simple, Aracato envies your prowess and hates my presence. He probably was only hoping to shame us, but the Marbled Polecat Matriarch gave him everything he wanted. For the timing, the Corazon Chamois healers can heal Decavo just like they did Hector. They'll demand an outrageous price, but any one of the gifts Aracato won today would satisfy them. Or he may find some other way to weight things in his favor."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

JT Jag posted:

What, is there no route for us to complain that these were not the terms of the duel? We specifically challenged him to a fair fight when we were both recovered. Not to a fight tomorrow. Can't we come to the elders and reveal the whole deal with the Marbled Polecat death madra in our arm?

You can publicly complain, but it's not going to do anything but make Pumie look weak. Terms were set and accepted by the Matriarchs of all five clans. Getting those five fractious women and Aracato to agree to anything is nearly impossible and here you'd be trying to get them to overturn a previous and very public decision which would make them look weak.

Spoilers, the Matriarch's are already aware that Pumie was wounded. The exact details of that would have been revealed to Pumie if she'd followed Elder Minaro around. Your parent's are aware of the vague outlines of the process as well, but Pumie isn't and since we're mostly playing from her perspective I'm trying to avoid cutaways to scenes that provide information she doesn't have.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

JT Jag posted:

I think it's too late for them to back out even if they sympathize, having made such a big show of things in front of everyone. They'd look foolish.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

H

Legit willing to die to get the win, fwiw, to keep our family from being exiled.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 1, 2019

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

LLSix posted:

1) What do you tell your parents?

"I felt sorry for Decavo, Mama. He looked so pitiful and weak, laying there after all the other children were done with him. I wanted to make him my friend, and, I didn't want to hurt a fellow Silver Bear any further."

"The only way I could have gotten him to a healer was to tell him we'll fight after we've both recovered. He hates me because he thinks I'm perfect little Pumie and all the Clan loves me. He's just a hurt and scared boy Mama."

"I don't think the Matriarch likes Aracato very much, she keeps wanting me to fight Decavo. If Decavo is getting help to heal, maybe the Matriarch can help us?"

LLSix posted:

2) What do Pūmič's parents decide to do?

Vote:

H.
Let Pūmič fight in the tournament; if we fight with honor, perhaps there are folks who will be willing to help us afterwards (because yeah, we're gonna lose this fight).

AND

Go see the Matriarch, see if she's willing to help.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
nothing we're going to say is going to make things better right now, but no apologies. this is Aracato being a gently caress. we did nothing wrong.

H

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
What a terrible trap.

H

But man, does L look tempting.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why's everyone so doom and gloom about this development? Don't you see that this is the start of Pumie's pathway to ultimate power?

Here's how I see things going:

First, we select Option I, and run off into the Valley.

Next, Pumie's parents die while defending Pumie from a Valley monster, giving us the "Dead Parents" genre-bonus.

Then, we are rescued by an eccentric but powerful old hermit who lives outside the bounds of society, and he takes in Pumie as a disciple, giving us the "Teacher is an Eccentric Wise Old Master" genre-bonus.

Everyone knows that Eccentric Hermits Living Outside Society have the strongest cultivation, so Pumie too will learn cultivation far beyond anything she could have learned with the Clans.

Finally, during our teens our master will die defending us from another Valley monster, giving us the "Dead Mentor Figure" genre-bonus.

With all these in place, we are finally ready to return to the Clans and destroy everyone who ever hurt us and everyone who gets in our way, starting from Aracato.

We shall then unify the Clans by killing all who oppose us, and lead our army out to conquer the rest of the world as the Undying Empress of Blood.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

As much as I'm tempted to go for the meta genre bonus combo, I can only vote for H.

The explanation is pretty simple. We were trying to make friends, and we thought the best way to get Decavo to the healers was to agree to fight him later. It is very silver bear to fight for friendship. We didn't expect to be fighting quite so SOON though.

I have a feeling Decavo isn't going to be too happy about this fight either. I doubt he wants to win against us while we're wounded and he's at full power, especially after we saved his rear end yesterday. Clearly what we HAVE to do is win, then as our reward, ask that our family get given the right to raise Decavo, as well as the extra resources required for both of us to progress. So that we don't get loving murdered by Aracato we'll probably have to let him keep at least some of the other treasures, maybe all. He'll likely argue that a promising cultivator like Decavo is worth his weight in madra, even if he doesn't really believe it.

Of course, that all relies on us winning. Now would be an EXCELLENT time to get a prophetic vision or sudden cultivation insight. If we get neither, we'll have to rely on the one single advantage we have: They didn't set any rules. We can bring the lightsaber with us. And genre bonus dictates that trying to learn how to use a weapon in the heat of battle is at least three or four times as effective as learning it calmly with a tutor.

Edit: Wow I completely misread the reward thing, on a reread. No yeah this is a lot more complicated than the stupid poo poo I wrote above. I still wanna fight tho. Everyone knows you only grow as a protagonist by fighting stupidly impossible fights.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 2, 2019

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

K - Apologize and leave the valley next spring

The elders of multiple tribes have it out for us and our parents. Our father pulls poo poo duty and gets almost no vital essence access, while our mother is shunned by her tribe-mates. Now a little rumor is enough that people think that we should be exiled if we loose a little public fight. We gain very little by staying here, while we could gain a lot by leaving the valley AFTER WE HAVE HAD TIME TO PREPARE and then we can try things that were deemed impossible by others.

Also, who knows how many people will decide that we have been treated unfairly and offer to join us?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

chin up everything sucks posted:

K - Apologize and leave the valley next spring

The elders of multiple tribes have it out for us and our parents. Our father pulls poo poo duty and gets almost no vital essence access, while our mother is shunned by her tribe-mates. Now a little rumor is enough that people think that we should be exiled if we loose a little public fight. We gain very little by staying here, while we could gain a lot by leaving the valley AFTER WE HAVE HAD TIME TO PREPARE and then we can try things that were deemed impossible by others.

Also, who knows how many people will decide that we have been treated unfairly and offer to join us?

FWIW, (almost) all the Matriarch's are being deeply unfair.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

They're really old cultivator types. This could easily be one of those "Make them fight to unleash their true power" scenarios. Old cultivators love that poo poo.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man the running commentary on that fight was dope. Nicely done LLSix.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Of course, that all relies on us winning. Now would be an EXCELLENT time to get a prophetic vision or sudden cultivation insight. If we get neither, we'll have to rely on the one single advantage we have: They didn't set any rules. We can bring the lightsaber with us. And genre bonus dictates that trying to learn how to use a weapon in the heat of battle is at least three or four times as effective as learning it calmly with a tutor.

Good reasoning on a fight vote. :hmmyes: H

Gosh I hope we can do it. Be a hero, Pumie and Wotjeo!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Reasoning: We stepped out of the ring because you told us to, but it was cowardly and wrong. We have to fight him for real in a fair match to put this behind us. We've been fighting, backbiting, avoiding, scheming over this pretty fued for too long. We needed to both have time to heal and train, then pit our skills against each other. Now something between us has been spoiled by old people interfering. We don't want to fight him now, it's another stupid cheating fight, but we have to. Now how do I win?

H but if they're cheating we should too, give her every advantage we can scrounge up, call in any favors we have left, including potions and borrowed artifacts.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
H Nothing else for it.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
h.

just try to kill him and be done with this. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Man the running commentary on that fight was dope. Nicely done LLSix.

Thank you. I hadn't tried something like that before. I'm glad it worked out.

JosephWongKS posted:

Why's everyone so doom and gloom about this development? Don't you see that this is the start of Pumie's pathway to ultimate power?

Next, Pumie's parents die while defending Pumie from a Valley monster, giving us the "Dead Parents" genre-bonus.

Then, we are rescued by an eccentric but powerful old hermit who lives outside the bounds of society, and he takes in Pumie as a disciple, giving us the "Teacher is an Eccentric Wise Old Master" genre-bonus.

Everyone knows that Eccentric Hermits Living Outside Society have the strongest cultivation, so Pumie too will learn cultivation far beyond anything she could have learned with the Clans.

Finally, during our teens our master will die defending us from another Valley monster, giving us the "Dead Mentor Figure" genre-bonus.

With all these in place, we are finally ready to return to the Clans and destroy everyone who ever hurt us and everyone who gets in our way, starting from Aracato.

We shall then unify the Clans by killing all who oppose us, and lead our army out to conquer the rest of the world as the Undying Empress of Blood.

:golfclap:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

JosephWongKS posted:

Lets go for ultra-combo I/Plan JWKS

I bought the first book in the Cradle series because you guys kept recommending it. I hope its as good as you say.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Chatrapati posted:

1. Let's just cry. This is way more complicated than we'd thought it would be, and how could we have known the consequences of our actions if we've never had to deal with a situation like this before? I don't know how else our parents would expect us to respond. 

CourValant posted:

"I felt sorry for Decavo, Mama. He looked so pitiful and weak, laying there after all the other children were done with him. I wanted to make him my friend, and, I didn't want to hurt a fellow Silver Bear any further."

"The only way I could have gotten him to a healer was to tell him we'll fight after we've both recovered. He hates me because he thinks I'm perfect little Pumie and all the Clan loves me. He's just a hurt and scared boy Mama."

"I don't think the Matriarch likes Aracato very much, she keeps wanting me to fight Decavo. If Decavo is getting help to heal, maybe the Matriarch can help us?"

malbogio posted:

Admit we made a mistake.

You start to cry as Papa and Mama lecture you. You’ve had a very bad, very confusing evening, and now Papa and Mama are yelling at you. It is just too much. You blubber out between throat-constricting sobs: “I felt sorry for Decavo, Mama. He looked so pitiful. So weak, laying there after all the other children were done with him. Decavo hates me. He called me thinks I'm perfect little Pūmič. He claimed all the Clan loves me even though they’re so mean to me. He thought I was going to attack him when I tried to help him up, like the only thing he believes in is violence. I thought if I promised to fight him later, he’d trust me more. Maybe if I fought him, it would be like speaking his language, and we could be friends."

Papa puts his hands on either side of the chair you are sitting in, surrounding you with his bulk and then presses his nose against yours. “Listen to me, Pūmič. Listen very closely. This is important.” Your tears run down your face and drip onto his nose and bristly iron beard. “When you want to make a friend you invite them to a spar. A duel is something you challenge an enemy to if you want to kill or humiliate. Do you understand the difference?”

You try to nod your head yes, but he’s so much bigger and stronger than you that you can’t move your head. You choke back your tears long enough to stammer out a “Yes, Papa.”

“Good.” Papa backs away but is still looming terrifyingly in his anger. Mama and Papa take turns lecturing you on everything you did wrong. Their anger is stoked by their fear for you; for the dreadful fight ahead of you. Fear that you’ll be mauled and scarred for life like the last girl to fight Decavo. They’re also afraid of what will happen to themselves, each other, and you, their precious little girl if you are exiled into what everyone knows is the unsurvivable wilderness beyond the valley.

They lecture you for what feels like all night and don’t begin to wind down until finally just how many tremendous mistakes you made begins to sink in and you stammer out: “I was wrong. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” It is, in the end, the only thing a child can say to her parents to reassure them; to let them that at least they won’t have to go through this again.

That night you dreamed of the sea that lies at the Western edge of the valley. You recognized it because you had come here once before in a dream. As before Wotjeo stands beside you and you both float in the sky as the largest storm you have ever seen rages around you.

You both plummet out of the sky with all the grace of a boulder. Waves ripple outwards as you crash through the surface of the sea. You and he are surrounded by water, but yet you still can breathe. Part of you is surprised that you are amazed that you can breathe. The retreating tide washes you and your brother Wotjeo far out to the sea. Above, the storm still rages. The water is relentless and cares not for the storm. It pulls you deep, deep beneath the tumultuous waves.

Here, in the lightless depths of the sea, all seems peaceful until you see a small Sea Eel rushing towards you. Even though there is no light, you can still see. Part of you is surprised that you are surprised you can see. The Sea Eel swims with its mouth eternally open, sucking down the water it swims in and consuming any vital essence that makes it this far from the sun.  

You too are sucked into the Sea Eel’s mouth. You are not surprised that you can be swallowed by a creature no larger than your finger, only terrified that it will eat you too. But when it’s gullet crushes you, you do not die. Instead, you become one with the Sea Eel. You see with its eyes, eat with its eternally open mouth, feel with its heart, and cultivate with its minute dantian.

At the young age of the Sea Eel that you now are, even younger than you were when you were Pūmič, it’s dantian is no larger than a speck of dust. As it/you swims through the sea, you/it feed on the minute amounts of vital essence that are diffused all through the water. Year after year, you absorb the vital essence of the water you swim in and wrap it around your dantian. Layer after layer you cover your dantian in vital essence. As you do, your dantian converts it into madra and swells outward to contain in. Layer by layer your dantian slowly grows, like an onion growing layers in slow motion. Each layer takes a year to form. After a decade your dantian has expanded enormously but is still smaller than the smallest fingernail of the you who was Pūmič, the Silver Bear girl child.

Decade after decade, you filter out the vital essence of the deep sea waters. Your dantian grows to the size of a fist, and still, it cannot contain all the madra within. Madra diffuses out of our dantian and out to your muscles and bones and organs. As they absorb the madra, your flesh grows stronger and more abundant. Still, you swim, and your diffusing madra is stretched out into a long tail behind you, your body growing and stretching to contain the madra streaming from you dantian.

Decades pile up and turn to centuries. You are as long and wide as a cave tunnel. You dantian is the size of a head, composed of layer upon layer upon layer of vital essence. Dozens of lesser sea creatures swim in your wake, feasting on the madra streaming in your wake.

Ahead you sense a bright spark of vital essence. You suck it down, along with everything else near your eternally open mouth, but you cannot swallow it. It is spiky and sticks in your throat. You try to crush it with your gullet, but cannot. You feel yourself being drawn up. Up towards the surface, you have never visited. You breach the surface of the water, and a storm rages at your back. Ahead is that which is not water, but between you and that which is not water, is a small lifeless piece of that which is not water with four strangely shaped creatures on it. They do not move through the water but instead stand on columns that they can pick up and put down on the lifeless piece of that which is not water.

When you wake up, you remember every detail of your strange dream. You know what you have to do. You do not know if you can defeat Decavo. Papa was usually right about who would win a fight, and he does not think you can win, but you know you are going to try. If two tiny humans can slay a spirit monster bigger than a tree, a spirit monster as huge as the cave complex your whole clan lives in, you can defeat one small boy.

Mama says nothing to you about the discussion you heard last night. You guess that they decided your best chance to survive is to fight, but your gut tells you it was a very narrow decision, and a hard one for them to make.

You say to Papa and Mama "I don't think the Matriarch likes Aracato very much, she keeps wanting me to fight Decavo. If Decavo is getting help to heal, maybe the Matriarch can help us?”

Papa looks at Mama. Mama looks at Papa. Papa shrugs. “Worth a try. I’ll speak to her after morning meditation. Which is about to start. We should hurry. Mama will do your hair when you get back.”

This morning is different from usual. Arely accompanies you both as you make your way to the central cave where the whole clan meditates. You look back as you leave the cave. Mama looks up from sharpening her stone knives to smile encouragingly at you.

When you arrive in the central cave, you see Decavo sitting near Aracato. Aracato has moved up closer to the front now that he’s won the tournament. His new place has only one family between yours and his. It makes your skin crawl to sit so close to someone you know is trying to kill you and your family, but he makes no hostile move as you take your seats.

The fight isn't until midday, so you have some time to prepare. The market will be open when you are done meditating.

1) Any bright ideas on how to tip the odds in your favor? Or at least balance them?
write in

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
LLSix, could you give us an inventory list of everything that Pumie currently owns and could potentially trade for a healing potion or other assistance? Thanks!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

LLSix, could you give us an inventory list of everything that Pumie currently owns and could potentially trade for a healing potion or other assistance? Thanks!

Sure. One of my reserved posts tracks this but is admittedly a little out of date. You don't have a lot. I've tried to show rather than tell that your family is relatively poor.

Inventory
Worn
Nice furs that are showing signs of wear as a result of recent fights and adventures
Belt
-small leather sack that blocks your madra sense containing
+ madra infused tin lump for practicing metal shaping on
-Belt pouch
+Topaz hilt (recharge Light Madra in 12 hours of exposure, enough to create a variety of weapons, currently "safed")

At home
Decent furs that are rapidly edging towards ragged as a result of multiple fights

Potentially
Significant low-tier resources if she wins the match
Anything Papa owns (weapons and armor mostly, he can't afford to go any lower on vital essence access)
Anything Mama owns (a very nice imbued robe for a copper cultivator, one pair of simple silver earrings)
Bed furs and miscelleaneous mundane furniture and other primitive household goods
Papa has an insanely nice collection of free weights, you name it he has it

Assorted relationships and people she might be able to hit up for assistance.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 3, 2019

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Can we get the peddler to unlock the weapon gem(if it's even allowed) or get something like a flail so we can swing something one handed which is our only weapon training

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Toughy posted:

Can we get the peddler to unlock the weapon gem(if it's even allowed)
Yes. Well, not the trader, he's busy, but Mama knows someone.

Toughy posted:

something like a flail so we can swing something one handed which is our only weapon training

You don't have any weapon training. Mina has a good number of practice weapons. She can get you mundane real weapons from one of her smith friends. They may not be willing to loan out anything good, but like, apprentice made junk, no problem. Under normal conditions no one in their right mind would give an untrained five-year-old an ax, but these aren't normal conditions.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 7, 2019

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Bright idea 1: get Mama to show us how to make a light spear with the crystal. Wait until Decavo beserk charges us and impale him with a suddenly manifesting spear.

Bright idea 2: talk to Decavo before the match, tell him this is unfair and not what we wanted, and he owes us one. Try to convince him to step out of the ring, or at least get in his head.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

LLSix posted:

1) Any bright ideas on how to tip the odds in your favor? Or at least balance them?

1) Papa is highly skilled and valued in the Clan, I'm sure the Matriarch doesn't want him exiled. Perhaps we can make a trade, a service rendered by Papa (something that needs killing) for help with this fight.

2)

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Bright idea 1: get Mama to show us how to make a light spear with the crystal. Wait until Decavo beserk charges us and impale him with a suddenly manifesting spear.

Bright idea 2: talk to Decavo before the match, tell him this is unfair and not what we wanted, and he owes us one. Try to convince him to step out of the ring, or at least get in his head.

These are great.

Impress on Decavo, "We saved your life when we could have ended it, and now you're letting Aracato punish my family. You know this is not what I meant when I accepted your challenge. Is this what honor means to you?"

3) Ask our fight trainer (I forgot her name), if there is a special technique she can show us to use specifically on Decavo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

One way or another we need to talk to Decavo and impress on him that this isn't fair.

If he feels guilty, it'll make Dream Mirror work far better on him than if he's enraged. If we use it on him when he's mad he might merely envision beating the poo poo out of us and continuing to do so.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I like this too.

I also think we should ask Felero's family for advice/free stuff. Would Minaro give us any advice? It all depends on how much time we have really.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Now that's not a bad idea. Good surprise and simple enough to execute on without a lot of spear training.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is an critical emergency, so we need to tap absolutely every resource, friendship and favour we can to get us past this crisis. This is what we should do:

1. [Redacted for being creepy, but it's quoted in other posts below as a rightfully permanent record of my shame.]

2. Go to the Healer Curada and offer her Pumie's services as an indentured assistant for a year if she'll fix up our hand now.

LLSix posted:

While the adults were talking you hope down and look into the tin goblet Healer Curada mimed dropping the needles into. When you get real close, you can hear a quiet moaning sound. Just when you're about to put your hand in the cup to try to touch the invisible needles again Healer Curada addresses you: "If you want to learn how to heal, stop by after the festival. It's not every day a new cub is born with hands steady enough to make a good healer. I'm not sure you've got what it takes to be my apprentice, but you should at least learn the basics. Off the both of you go. You're not the only one who wants to be well rested for the Luchamadra festival."

3. Ask Mama to approach the Crystal Butterflies that Papa saved, and offer to treat the life-debt they owe Papa as being repaid, if they'll give Pumie something to help her in her fight.

LLSix posted:

With that, you make your goodbyes and make room for the next well-wisher. As Papa plows through the crowd towards Hector, you ask him: “What did Rodrigo mean when he said you saved his Uncle’s life?” Papa grunts. “Not now Pūmiè. Today the only victories that matter are those won on this stage.” Mama briskly replies. “Nonsense. It’s a wonderful story, well worth being shared.” She doesn’t raise her voice as she continues but instead pitches it to cut through the crowd murmur so that everyone around can hear it.

“Five Crystal Butterflies were carrying back four of our clan members who had been nearly killed repelling a Water Leopard raid. The five carriers were named Lelo, Arlenne, Consuelo, Rubeno, Enriko, and Iso. Iso is the uncle of Rodrigo, today’s champion. Were it not for Guarnicio, none of them would be alive today. All five of them were wounded as well, though not so badly as their clan mates who could not walk on their own. Five Marbled Polecats attacked the five wounded Crystal Butterflies and would have slain them all, as well as the four wounded they were carrying. But bold Guarnicio happened to be hunting nearby and came running when he heard the sounds of fighting. Virtually single-handedly Guarnicio drove all five attackers to flight while Rodrigo’s Uncle and my own parents protected the wounded. On lightly armed Iron Silver Bear hunter defeated a pair of Iron Marbled Polecats backed by a trio of coppers. Guarnicio was nearly killed in the doing, but he saved the lives of nine Crystal Butterflies in the doing. It’s no wonder Rodrigo recognized your father, He probably heard that story at least once a month.”

4. Ask Mama to offer to provide hair-styling and make-up services to Amiya for a year, if she can give Pumie something to help her in her duel.

LLSix posted:

Amiya’s and Rubia’s hair shines a welcoming yellow even under the cool winter sun, or world yolk as some people call it, so it is easy to find them. Amiya gasps when she sees you. “Wow! You’re so pretty Pūmiè!” You tell her proudly, “Mama did my hair special for the festival.”

Amiya looks up at Mama with big round eyes “Do you think you could make me pretty too?” Mama smiles gently “If your mother agrees, you can visit our home tomorrow morning, and I’ll do both of you.” Amiya hugs both of you. “Thank you!"

5. Approach Felero's mother Suena and offer to share Pumie's duel prize (i.e. the vital essence access she will win if she beats Decavo) with Felero if she can give Pumie something to win the duel, so that Felero can have the resources to become an even great Dreamkeeper.

LLSix posted:

You dash over to join him but pull up short when you realize his mama, a Dreamkeeper named Suena, is with him. She greets you with a warm hug, “Good morning Pūmiè. Felero told me that you taught him the Dream Mirror technique that let him do so well in the tournament. Thank you.” She hugs you again. “Because of you, my son will have access to the resources he’ll need to become a great Dreamkeeper.”

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 4, 2019

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

JosephWongKS posted:

This is an critical emergency, so we need to tap absolutely every resource, friendship and favour we can to get us past this crisis. This is what we should do:

1. Go to the Crystal Butterfly Trader and offer to let him look at Pumie's ears for an hour after the duel, in exchange for a stone that can emit a sudden blinding flash of light when thrown upon the ground (or other single-use weapon that doesn't require training to use).

2. Go to the Healer Curada and offer her Pumie's services as an indentured assistant for a year if she'll fix up our hand now.

3. Ask Mama to approach the Crystal Butterflies that Papa saved, and offer to treat the life-debt they owe Papa as being repaid, if they'll give Pumie something to help her in her fight.

4. Ask Mama to offer to provide hair-styling and make-up services to Amiya for a year, if she can give Pumie something to help her in her duel.

5. Approach Felero's mother Suena and offer to share Pumie's duel prize (i.e. the vital essence access she will win if she beats Decavo) with Felero if she can give Pumie something to win the duel, so that Felero can have the resources to become an even great Dreamkeeper.

These are all great ideas.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

JosephWongKS posted:

1. Go to the Crystal Butterfly Trader and offer to let him look at Pumie's ears for an hour after the duel, in exchange for a stone that can emit a sudden blinding flash of light when thrown upon the ground (or other single-use weapon that doesn't require training to use).

I'd like to motion that we all veto this choice, because please let's just NOT GO THERE.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

CourValant posted:

I'd like to motion that we all veto this choice, because please let's just NOT GO THERE.

Agreed, we are NOT going there. Also most of these ideas are way above a 6 year old child - good ideas, but it's something the parents should be thinking of, not Pumie

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

No to prostitution of our ears, please

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

3 and 5 seem like no-brainers to me. 4 only if Mom is fully behind the idea. Definitely NOT 1, maybe 2 if we feel like we need it.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 4, 2019

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
:chloe:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why is 1 even an option?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Show Papa our techniques and ask how we should approach the fight.

Ask Mama who we should try to get help from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

No to prostitution of our ears, please

I’m going to veto the trader ear action. As the trader has repeatedly said, his interest isn’t like that.