Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

drank a 22 of vanilla bean cider and smoked a gram of Klingon and I'm feeling fine y'all

It's like you had to fill in a couple of blanks to complete the sentence but didn't really have the right words.

Also, this video is as good as the description suggests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Godholio posted:

It's like you had to fill in a couple of blanks to complete the sentence but didn't really have the right words.

They don't sell 22oz fancy booze near you?

Grinding up some Scroopy Noopers to mix with some Purple Haze for a few evening joints. Might throw some Kilimanjaro terp jelly down the oil rig later. Need to hit the dispo tomorrow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This seems good here:
https://mobile.twitter.com/chhlss/status/1148470390076743680

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKlizBS9eA

banger. idgaf.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:lol:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Load-bearing hams.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If there's ever another dick coffee table book, that needs to be redone as a division patch on the cover, original on the inside.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If there's ever another dick coffee table book, that needs to be redone as a division patch on the cover, original on the inside.

There was already a way better quality 173d patch on the dick book

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What's the stupid part of why you joined??

I liked the military because it was the thing my mom was happy about and encouraged me to follow but I really believed in the koolaid about loyalty and honor and poo poo.

I feel really disappointed in my idealistic naivete. I was a dumb kid who truly believed in like real knights honor, and i think that idealism further alienated me from my peers.

gently caress man. loving twelve years of being listless.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Life's a journey, you'll never be wealthy, don't regret time you put into anything. Twelve years listless is more like twelve years of the military breaking you. Take every ache and groan to VA C&P (seriously, past 8 years in service, it's break it, bought it policy), and focus on something you enjoy now, hopefully for the foreseeable future. Live a life rich in stories and adventure, and take every goddamn penny the government will give you for being broken. Never feel guilty about it, never flaunt it, never take anyones' poo poo over it. Exist to find your own way, and gather some stories to tell nieces and nephews.

Without my dumb four year army stint, I wouldn't have a story to tell about a friend that was nailing a whore in her apartment while I drunkenly watched korean soap operas in her living room, and then we bailed before she could collect money. Moral of the story, get the money up front.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I never even did cool poo poo. I was just unmanaged anxiety and parental issues to the point where I still even to this day give off this like off putting nervous energy no one wanted to be around.

So I got left out of the loop on cool poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I exude that "leave me the gently caress alone" vibe all day, everywhere. There's nothing inviting about my personality or appearance. I'm a walking middle finger to society. But that doesn't mean I haven't found a little wedge of comfort at work, with a few neighbors, that sort of thing. Just find your vibe, gently caress everyone elses' problems with it.

Also you might have the 'tism touch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Honestly dude? I applaud you. I absolutely understand what you mean about having alienated yourself, drinking the kool-aid, etc. Most all of us did, but now we can have a laugh at our former selves and grow from it

And you know what? You’re self-aware.

Do you know how many people I see on Facebook that carry that childhood naivety of watching the Marine slay the dragon and all the other dumb recruitment poo poo we were fed our whole lives through pop culture.

People eat, poo poo, and breathe that. Wearing dumb passive aggressive moto shirts with their kids at Disneyland when they’re 400 lbs and got our ten years prior having done supply.

Some dudes I know served 20, some two years with a medical discharge having never done anything outside of bootcamp. But it bums me out because a lot of them still carry that “I did something you didn’t thank me for my service” vitriol and are just generally insufferable and the stereotypes we make fun of on here.

Mind the rant, I guess all I’m saying is you’re not oblivious—taking all that bs the grave and literally relying on it to fuel your life, self-worth, self-identity, and desire 30 years from now.

We’re all still trying to find our post-service place in society, but at least we’re not walking stereotypes.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 25, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
https://mobile.twitter.com/the_ironsheik?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I feel guilty sometimes for wearing an Annapolis shirt. It's my undergrad college so I wear it like most others would wear one.

But then I don't want that "thank me for my service" either or get into convos about what I did or where I was stationed. So I end up wearing my wife's colleges' gear more than my own.

I wear the ring about once every five years, usually at something formal with the wife when I also wear the wedding ring. I just hate wearing watches or jewelry.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just tell people you're a fan of the Navy if you want to wear it. Randos don't need to know the details.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Or just say you're a big fan of sailors.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bad Poster posted:

Or just say you're a big fan of seamen.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
True, I could dig the whole "stolen valor" vibe. Or that I'm a bear. Either way is good.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Watching Vice will definitely not make you feel better about being in, goddamn.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

guilty pleasures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRMHp7_kPec

:edits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgcdOVuX8Q

100% bangers

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 28, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Is it weird that I want to see the Tour de France?

With midgets on tricycles

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Put 6+ ft tall people in pedal cars and I'd watch.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2eUib5E57I&t=889s

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Don't see anyone getting mad at him for throwing an American flag on the ground like they did for that soccer player :thunk:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's OK because he first shot a redcoat with it.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Much better than the original

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

hello i have not posted here in literally years. i was telling someone recently about the deployed dick drawings book and i cannot find my copy. i will pay a whole lot of money to anyone who has one. thank u for ur service.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Define “a whole lot” I’ve got 2 copies of the first edition and one copy of the second edition.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

how do we get into this gip discord i heard about

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Click Beelay posted:

how do we get into this gip discord i heard about

easy there buddy there's already two kiwis no space for more

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

easy there buddy there's already two kiwis no space for more

too late! thanks man

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Define “a whole lot” I’ve got 2 copies of the first edition and one copy of the second edition.

ill give you $150 for both

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
gently caress you, McNally. You closing the CE thread ate about a 1500 word effortpost on gun control.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The system saves your last post draft, which you have now overwritten by posting.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
At least on the Awful app I thought the draft was specific to the thread.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bored As gently caress posted:

At least on the Awful app I thought the draft was specific to the thread.

It is, so you can go back and quote more posts. I don’t recall it not being thread-specific on browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EBB posted:

The system saves your last post draft, which you have now overwritten by posting.

I've never seen anything like this, what are you talking about?