Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Pro Target posted:

Additionally, he has a nice set of balls

The guy is blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

vanisher posted:

Do I buy a switch. Should I do this

yes, it is a good system with a good library and it is equally easy to play mario party on a big tv with your friends as it is to play mario party in handheld mode while you are having a poop

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

vanisher posted:

Switch is the best console since the N64, it might even be better than the SNES it has a good library.

I don't like the lite because I like using a TV with the Switch it's an important part of the console being chill getting sleepy? just pick it up and take it to bed. No more trying to keep your eyes open while getting to the save point wonder over to the save point while lying down and bed! Maybe you get even more tired. Well the switch is awesome about suspending games you can leave it asleep for months and it will come right back up with the game exactly where you left it even mid sword swing!

You may want to wait for the lite to come out anyway though, they are updating the base model at the same time with the newer hardware, which basically just amounts to a longer battery and less power draw.

That said I don't regret buying my launch one and the battery is plenty long especially since it's just USB to charge and you can get portable batteries for charging phones pretty affordably that work perfectly fine. A good sized external battery can give you a good 24 hours of play without charging the battery itself. The updated base model will likely also have a few changes to make modding harder so if you plan on modding it at all grab it now.

sig by owlhawk911

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

vanisher posted:

Yeah. They have games with a character named Mario and he's good and the games he's in are good.

There's one with a better battery so look for one with an all red box like in the picture here:
https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/08/02/revised-nintendo-switch-units-with-better-battery-life-now-out-in-the-wild/

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

pixaal

One note about the Switch, the Joy-Con joy sticks do wear out depending on what game you are playing and how hard you are tilting (if you hold up 99% of the time in game you are going to apply more force than needed and also over a long time and probably damage the pads). You can get a few thousand hours out of a stick after that you open the joycon up and replace it with a cheap $5 -10 Chinese equivalent, it's a really simple swap and plenty of guides.

Just keep it in mind for when you notice your stick is drifting. I have 2,500 hours on my launch joycons and have never noticed drift but people who note that they are rough with controllers mention them only lasting 400-500 hours. The Pro Controller doesn't have any stick problems so you should probably grab one of them.

It might be fixed in the new revision though according to what Jolo linked. If it is I might have to consider another pair.

Also grab a set of bright joy cons I constantly can't find my grey ones, everyone always swears the banana yellow ones glow in the dark, they don't, they are just super easy to spot even in a perfectly dark room with only the TV on. Since you have 2 tiny controllers in your hand it's easy to misplace one or the other when you get up to go the bathroom or if you put them down to hit the bong.

seriously, bright joy-cons are a must I basically never take my grey ones off the console anymore yellow and 2 pro controllers support enough players.

sig by owlhawk911

FreshCutFries

yeah, i get joycon drift, and there's probably like, 400 hours in them. i need to send them in. mario maker sucks when the cursor won't stop moving.

pixaal

Thingyman posted:

yeah, i get joycon drift, and there's probably like, 400 hours in them. i need to send them in. mario maker sucks when the cursor won't stop moving.

Nintendo is a bit of a pain about replacing them usually takes a few calls and they sit on them.

Kit on amazon includes 2 sticks and all the tools and screws you will need for $15, buy whatever sticks you want if you need another set.

I've looked a few times for a bulk deal on a lot of 50+ and just replace sticks as I need to and also have the ability to quickly replace friends sticks. It's a 3 minute job I've done plenty of ribbon cable swaps before the most difficult part is it feels like you are going to tear the cable in half when removing it (you wont) but you also don't care since you are going to throw the old stick in the garbage.

You should also make Mario Maker levels using the touch screen which the game goes into touch screen only mode when in handheld and editing a map.

sig by owlhawk911

Jolo

I bring good news!

quote:

Internal Nintendo Memo Instructs Customer Service to Fix ‘Joy-Con Drift’ for Free

The company will repair devices free of charge, even outside of the warranty period.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xzzva/internal-nintendo-memo-instructs-customer-service-to-fix-joy-con-drift-for-free

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

I mean. It's not good news that they're prone to breaking and require being sent in to be fixed, but it's good that Nintendo has realized there's a widespread enough problem that they're just fixing them now regardless of when you purchased them. I had an issue with my Switch Pro Controller where it just stopped working, wouldn't charge, wouldn't connect, just kaput. Nintendo replaced the controller a week or so later, but the warranty was just 6 months on it and I got in by a day. It's good that they're being more generous with the joycons. They're expensive!

vanisher

Gonna search for the red switch box will report back with progress

Jolo

vanisher posted:

Gonna search for the red switch box will report back with progress

If that box ain't red, drop your shades back down and do a kickflip on your way out.

Rockman Reserve

i can't believe how big this joycon drift thing has gotten, i am rough as h*ck with my switch (ama about breaking the little slide lock tabs on three joycons in a month*) and have had zero issues with stick drift. i bought an xbone controller back in 2015 when i built a new pc and it constantly registered up and slightly to the right....and so did the replacement i got. sometimes joysticks get weird and bad, sometimes they start weird and bad, i think people need to remember sometimes it is basically a little rubber nipple that we trick into shooting electricity when we massage it and there are a lot of small finicky parts involved. it's good that nintendo is fixing them free now but i think a lot of the buzz around this is maybe due to a few people at kotaku getting really riled up about it and trying to make it A Thing

*it was like $8 and 10 minutes to replace them myself with heavier-duty metal ones, it owned

Goons Are Gifts

Your Console Sucks but the switch is so loving great even I got converted into having one. It's the most innovative, most flexible, most fun console I ever touched (which means like, 3) and it might be possible that I will marry it as soon as this becomes legal and for as long as Nintendo doesn't come up with something even better which will be hard

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
the switch made me stop playing PC games. the only PC game i play now is return of the obra din but you know that poo poo is gonna get ported before too long.

LethalGeek

Nintendo quietly owned up to the joycon problem. If you call them they will try to the basic stuff and then no charge fix them. Course you'll still be out the controllers for a bit

....lol you have this function on?

Waste of space.

pixaal

Not like PS4 controllers last forever either their batteries just stop holding a charge and need replacing. Always something.

sig by owlhawk911

nut

did vanisher get the switch yet i cant take the suspense

vanisher

bee eater posted:

did vanisher get the switch yet i cant take the suspense

I did but I got it on amazon so I gotta wait one day

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Goons Are Gifts

Yay switch party!! :woop:

nut

count on vanisher 2 retrieve a switch from the depths of the jungle instead of just getting 1 on the innernet

Jolo

bee eater posted:

count on vanisher 2 retrieve a switch from the depths of the jungle instead of just getting 1 on the innernet

Lol this made laugh a bunch.

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't take it anymore.... people have to know the truth

you're not cool unless you own a switch!!!!!

vanisher

freakin king of the playground strolling up

no I can't bring it to school dad won't let me

Scaly Haylie

is marvel ultimate alliance 3 good? please advise

vanisher

Switch good

no buyers remorse - I'm glad Nintendo opened it up and there's so many games on it

nut

and i am glad for u

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bee eater posted:

and i am glad for u

*nodding solemnly*

Yes. Yes, indeed.

vanisher

zelda is good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

vanisher posted:

zelda is good

Zelda good as hell.

Speaking of I need to buy LttP now that I beat Zelda II like months ago lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Also guys, omfg, Battle Brothers is the current addiction for me

nut

i got fire emblem on the nintendo switch entertainment system (nses)

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I’ve been playing Odin’s Spear. It’s a definite plus that I don’t need to be any good to feel like I’m very good.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

vanisher

bee eater posted:

i got fire emblem on the nintendo switch entertainment system (nses)

is it full of emblems

nut

vanisher posted:

is it full of emblems

a gentleman never kisses and tells yes

Rockman Reserve

i am playing db xenoverse 2 when i get bored or frustrated with three houses and it's some good mindless fun

how on earth did trunks, whose defining character trait is "screwed up time, really badly" ever become a time cop?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

food court bailiff posted:

i am playing db xenoverse 2 when i get bored or frustrated with three houses and it's some good mindless fun

how on earth did trunks, whose defining character trait is "screwed up time, really badly" ever become a time cop?

Isn't he a pair of pants

pixaal

I don't really play fighter games but I played the story for the first Xenoverse and did some grinding and had fun for a solid 60 hours on PC. Xenoverse 2 I bought for PS4 and put maybe 10 hours in, I remember Kami's house constantly being under attack and you had to do it immediately to not lose some bonus / continue a quest but you had to do several missions between. It just turned into juggling and planning side missions and fitting a story mission in where I could. Or it at least felt that way and the primary reason I moved on.

I bought it around launch, it's also possible something else came out around that time too which led to this. I could have a bad opinion but I found the first one better based on my play time and my memory but there was also years between each and I don't remember either more than sit down and just have a fun time, neither was bad. I probably was just missing something in 2 or just tried to do everything at once and it became overwhelming.

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like mordhau but i find i only play games with strangers when my life sucks, so i sunk a bunch of hours in at release and now i rarely throw rocks at guys heads.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

beer pal

dicey dungeons

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

beer pal posted:

dicey dungeons

been waiting for it for a while bcuz i like terry's stuff but i don't get what u do in it