Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

WhyteRyce posted:

#empoweringwomen

I'm pretty curious what Aladdin's end game is dating that thirsty fat hag. Given they're staying in Qatar I'm assuming he'd be unable to get a green card out of it, she must have catfished the gently caress out of him.

The private eye milf on the other hand is pretty cute, I feel bad that she'll probably never be heard from again after a few weeks with the crazy eyes Tunisian guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My favorite online fan theory is that she accused Aladdin of being a two pump chump to fend off other women.

But micro penis Coltee still had fan girls so whatever

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

WhyteRyce posted:

My favorite online fan theory is that she accused Aladdin of being a two pump chump to fend off other women.

Tiny wangs, broken wangs, and two-pump-chumpies are what fuels patriarchal societal structures in general. If Aladdin is into Wahhabism or gets driven into it by her dildo purchase then we, as TLC viewers, and her, as a dork, are in for a ride.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

WhyteRyce posted:

Never underestimate the power of people just wanting to gently caress someone from off of TV.

Also I bet half of the appeal of the fangirls trying to ride Coltees tiny hog, is to be able to laugh about it/him with their friends afterwards.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Never underestimate the power of people just wanting to gently caress someone from off of TV.

Also I bet half of the appeal of the fangirls trying to ride Coltees tiny hog, is to be able to laugh about it/him with their friends afterwards.

How could you find it?! You'd have to use a jack to prop his gunt up.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Evelin

Please get that thing on your neck looked at

Like I'll send money

Just go see a dermatologist

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Everyone here really needs to figure out how to watch L(ove/ife) After Lockup, because honestly, it is something special.

The mormon woman got her LA born and raised ex-con husband to visit Utah, then all her friends immediately tried to get him to join the Church, then she stole his ID and debit card so he couldn't leave

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh nice so that couple might actually start getting interesting. I binged the ‘proper’ episodes in a few days (both seasons) but Life is still a drag. Maybe I should skip a few episodes if it’s starting to heat up. Season 3 now!!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Boxman posted:

Everyone here really needs to figure out how to watch L(ove/ife) After Lockup, because honestly, it is something special.

The mormon woman got her LA born and raised ex-con husband to visit Utah, then all her friends immediately tried to get him to join the Church, then she stole his ID and debit card so he couldn't leave

I just started watching love after lockup. Watching season 1 on Hulu US. I love Lamar so far, but I'm shocked that he would go for a Mormon woman.
The Canadian couple is boring as hell, though. I fast forward through their scenes. Does that storyline get any good?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They’re not in it much, but I still find it funny she tried to go into a visitation and they stopped her because she had drug remnants on her clothes.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
I have such a visceral reaction whenever I watch clips of Danielle. I just keep muttering "you stupid woman" to myself.

Why does she always make that dumb loving face when she talks, like she thinks everything's a giant joke

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Throwback Saturday
https://youtu.be/LNI_dP7DpgE

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Season 2 Episode 4 (around minute mark 14) -family ties Hulu

Darcy's all "asleep" in her bed when jerky Amsterdam guy comes in.

And my wife (former costumer in the theater) is all, "Yeah, it makes sense to go to bed with a full face of makeup and appear to be false eyelashes."

And I (former filmmaker) am all, "With a film crew in the room with her."

and then a boom shadow passes over her face..

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Started catching up with Before the 90 Days based on the descriptions from this thread. I was not disappointed.

Avery is the heroine in her own imaginary YLA novel.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Man Paul is just the most useless creature

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
House hunting in SA is brutal:

“If they want to get in, they will get in”
“If you just scream loud enough, someone will come around to help”

Jesus

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pedro has found someone he loves more than his sweet rig
And it is a horse

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Man Paul is just the most useless creature

The best scenes are always him scurrying around town in his bullet-proof vest and survival gear with the locals looking bewildered. And then the following conversation with karine after his job search fail:

"Pole, did you make college?"
:downs: " I went to college.. For a little bit. I studied sign language and Spanish"
*laughs* "do you speak any Spanish?"
:downs: *snaps* " no I don't, I took it!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm here for Jenny trying to hail a rickshaw and trying to get a job

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

AWarmBody posted:

I just started watching love after lockup. Watching season 1 on Hulu US. I love Lamar so far, but I'm shocked that he would go for a Mormon woman.
The Canadian couple is boring as hell, though. I fast forward through their scenes. Does that storyline get any good?

They don't make it past the season, I believe

I think the ones that stick around from season 1 are Clint & Tracy ("mah goddess" guy) and Scott & Lizzie (the guy who's bankrupted himself sending her money in jail).

I tried to look this up, by the way, and the show somehow doesn't have a wiki page. It's that trashy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The lady who hung around the bus station for hours waiting for the guy was supposed to be back in s2, but got pushed to s3 apparently.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Pedro has found someone he loves more than his sweet rig
And it is a horse

Pedro geeking out over horses and American cowboy culture makes this entire spin-off show worth it. The man just needs some happiness and we need to see that the man is capable of smiling

Also Thomas seems less terrible without Mama Chantel, and Mama Chantel seems much worse without Thomas.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I've finally dehumanized myself and faced to Family Chantal. Who the gently caress goes to a twerking class WITH THEIR MOM?!?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

WhyteRyce posted:

Pedro geeking out over horses and American cowboy culture makes this entire spin-off show worth it. The man just needs some happiness and we need to see that the man is capable of smiling

Also Thomas seems less terrible without Mama Chantel, and Mama Chantel seems much worse without Thomas.

what I really want to see is some more tables getting karate kicked

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Rhopunzel posted:

what I really want to see is some more tables getting karate kicked

I finally watched the donkey kick episode and I kind of loved it. If he hadn't kicked the food off, I bet that Family Chantel would've tried to go back to eating, pretending everything was immediately fine again.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Have they ever explained why Pedro calls Chantel "Pinky"?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We haven't worked out why they call CeAir 'Chantel' yet.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

EL BROMANCE posted:

We haven't worked out why they call CeAir 'Chantel' yet.

Because of the profound shame one feels when your siblings are named after nature, and you got stuck with CeAir (see air? sea air? suh-ayre?)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jr. posted:

Because of the profound shame one feels when your siblings are named after nature, and you got stuck with CeAir (see air? sea air? suh-ayre?)

Winter and River are not unusual names too, somehow the oldest got stuck with the worst name?

Also drat it I thought Thomas and River were not bad guys at the dude ranch. Either the dude ranch and Pedro's infectious happiness being around horses made all the difference or Mama Chantel is the poison of the family

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

WhyteRyce posted:

Also drat it I thought Thomas and River were not bad guys at the dude ranch. Either the dude ranch and Pedro's infectious happiness being around horses made all the difference or Mama Chantel is the poison of the family

You can tell just from the promos that, yes, yes she is.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Timothy dude got played when he let his ex convince him to send that picture of her and him to his Colombian long distance girlfriend. His ex giving him the ring that he proposed to her with so he can propose to the girlfriend added another time bomb for him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bobbie Wickham posted:

You can tell just from the promos that, yes, yes she is.

I can't tell if it's just them playing it up or if she's just terminally stupid but either TLC has some crack writers behind her lines or they lucked into a loving goldmine of ignorance

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Aw, geez, guys, I finally caught some of 90 Day Fiance: The New Class, and that girl Avery :( I think she was assaulted when she was younger and overcorrected by converting to Islam instead of dealing with it. The poor girl. Moving to Syria isn't going to make that pain and shame go away, sweetie.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Aw, geez, guys, I finally caught some of 90 Day Fiance: The New Class, and that girl Avery :( I think she was assaulted when she was younger and overcorrected by converting to Islam instead of dealing with it. The poor girl. Moving to Syria isn't going to make that pain and shame go away, sweetie.

Could you elaborate some on what gave you that impression?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I've never watched this show, but just went through a bunch of the thread and watched some clips, and the entire thing just seems off. It's not simple or quick to go through the K1 visa process, and it requires a butt-load of documentation proving that there is a relationship with actual physical visits to the person in the other country (there are some exceptions for religious or financial hardship reasons, but those come with their own relationship documentation requirements).

How do some of these people end up getting through the entire process with both Department of Homeland Security and the State Department when they don't really know each other and clearly haven't developed a relationship prior to the visa? It's really strange to me.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

WhyteRyce posted:

Winter and River are not unusual names too, somehow the oldest got stuck with the worst name?

River!
Winter!
CeAir!
Thomas!

With your powers combined I am...

The Mama Chantel!

(singing)
Mama Chantel, es muy malo,
Gonna cover Pedro with her vómito,
She's our narcissism magnified,
And she's fighting on her own side!

Mama Chantel, the antihero,
Gonna take the ratings down to zero,
Gonna tear the family all asunder,
So all the TLC cash she can plunder!

(Family chanting)
We're Family Chantel,
You can watch us too!
'Cause whoring on TV Mama makes us do!
Being a giant bitch makes for pay,
Here's what nasty Mama has to say:

"THERE'S... A... THEORY... OF... GRAVITY..."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Angela: Do I look like a thirsty bitch?!

I am Darcy complaining about Tom not matching his photos

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 19, 2019

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

tgacon posted:

Could you elaborate some on what gave you that impression?

The description of her as a party girl, the dramatic reversal by embracing a conservative form of Islam, and the way she talks about it. There's a moment when she says she wants "to just forget... everything that happened," and she looks away while she struggles for how to phrase it. Not "what I've done," or "those days," but a slightly sinister admission that something really bad went down.

It seems like her conversion is partly based on the appeal of enforced modesty and chastity, like she's protecting herself from a future assault. We live in a world of victim-blaming, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if a teenage girl who has been sexually assaulted blamed herself because "she was asking for it," "she put herself in that situation," etc. Some people react to that kind of trauma by overcorrecting, like stop socializing all together to avoid a situation that even hints at the possiblity of another assault. In Avery's case, she's gone all-in on a sex-negative culture, which incidentally or not, also abstains from alcohol. It seems like it's an about-face that lets her leave her past behind and make a clean break, and it's easier than confronting what happened, let alone confiding in her family and friends and facing their disappointment or possible blame.

Also I'm like one of those cancer-detecting dogs, but for PTSD.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

The description of her as a party girl, the dramatic reversal by embracing a conservative form of Islam, and the way she talks about it. There's a moment when she says she wants "to just forget... everything that happened," and she looks away while she struggles for how to phrase it. Not "what I've done," or "those days," but a slightly sinister admission that something really bad went down.

It seems like her conversion is partly based on the appeal of enforced modesty and chastity, like she's protecting herself from a future assault. We live in a world of victim-blaming, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if a teenage girl who has been sexually assaulted blamed herself because "she was asking for it," "she put herself in that situation," etc. Some people react to that kind of trauma by overcorrecting, like stop socializing all together to avoid a situation that even hints at the possiblity of another assault. In Avery's case, she's gone all-in on a sex-negative culture, which incidentally or not, also abstains from alcohol. It seems like it's an about-face that lets her leave her past behind and make a clean break, and it's easier than confronting what happened, let alone confiding in her family and friends and facing their disappointment or possible blame.

Also I'm like one of those cancer-detecting dogs, but for PTSD.

I really think this is correct. I knew a girl who converted to Islam for many of the same reasons (plus, she was having an affair with a married, Moroccan professor of hers.) In my friend's case, it actually did help her develop a framework and context for her life. She also didn't run off to loving Syria like goddamn Caro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That's very astute and I'm inclined to agree. Poor Avery :(