Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

John Dyne posted:

That's just Namor boosting them. I imagine the four of them would run really well on their own; we don't know what they can really do so maybe they need a healer, who knows. It sounds like Sue is gonna give barrier like Rescue, though.

I'm also taking into account all the buff gaining, stripping and debuff removing. All handy in War Offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Any alliances have openings? It's looks like we're full up in I am goon and I have a buddy who wants out of his pubbie alliance

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Insanely full. We have two goons in the discord waiting too. Your friend can always come chill with us there. We are trying to help everybody with questions, advice and just talk some marvel stuff here and there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT I misread the title as the GoH thread.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 13, 2019

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It'll be real bizarre if we eventually have to resurrect one of the dead alliances.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Might have to we’ve been shockingly active for months now.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
What breathed life back into the game?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Inertia and a hardened core of sunk cost.

Hi I just cleared 450 days played.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Not me. I kicked the habit and I feel great. Great.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

thuly posted:

Inertia and a hardened core of sunk cost.

Hi I just cleared 450 days played.

Yuup. I justified this stupid game to myself because it enabled me to completely drop Marvel Puzzle Quest. I just traded heroin for cocaine.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
This game wishes it was cocaine. It's meth. And probably lovely meth made in one of those prone-to-explosion garage methlabs.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

RosaParksOfDip posted:

This game wishes it was cocaine. It's meth. And probably lovely meth made in one of those prone-to-explosion garage methlabs.

i'd say meth usage is probably more socially acceptable than this. This is more like hate watching a show you've been watching for years. "This sucks and i hate it, but i've stuck with it this long..."

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh it’s not that bad. It’s pretty mild as far as F2P goes. You won’t be at the top without whaling but you can still be competitive without spending money. It’s a good looking game for what it is and pretty fun when you got a good alliance going.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game rules

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
P sure I posted this before:
Allowing mission autoclearing without the use of premium currency has earned them near infinite goodwill from me.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Anals of History posted:

Yuup. I justified this stupid game to myself because it enabled me to completely drop Marvel Puzzle Quest. I just traded heroin for cocaine.

The requirement to buy slots for characters in Marvel Puzzle Quest is infinitely more aggressive when it comes to having to pay real money than Strike Force.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

Friendly Fire posted:

The requirement to buy slots for characters in Marvel Puzzle Quest is infinitely more aggressive when it comes to having to pay real money than Strike Force.

Yeah, this game has insanely bad deals, but also none of them are needed at all, whereas trying to play Puzzle Quest without at least dropping a bit for roster slots is painful.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

This autokick bug is hilarious. The global chat is an endless stream of lost kids looking for their parents. The reddit forums are filled with people screaming. If airplane or medical device manufacturers approached QC the way Foxnext does, we'd all be dead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
At least they give you a bunch of gold/shards/mats when they do.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So, we had a thing happen in war today.

Note: this was in security, which has engi over it so it's double buffed.

They could have attacked barracks or medbay at any time, which were both vulnerable. They... didn't.

I didn't include the boosts; assume any time they attacked with a 100 strength squad it was to clear a boost.

:psyduck:

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 16, 2019

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That is legendary. I had a 17 defense victory run in medbay yesterday (including a bold last stand by a solo vision), but 38 is insanity. Incredible.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
giRaf to be renamed the Wall.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Invisible Woman legendary event will supposedly require the Sinister SixFive at 5*.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here it is to be exact:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Lol rip

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've already got them all to at least three stars, so that's a start I guess.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So any easily farmable villain team that counters the Defenders, and also allows you to unlock Shuri and part of a good AW offense team. Actually pretty nice of them to throw a bone to new players.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
A new goon alliance has been formed. Modoktors Join up if you are homeless. Once my raid is over I will leave my current pubby alliance and join

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
Im not sure if the search is case sensitive, but it’s MODOKTORS

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just to make it official as noted above, YES! Rah will be leading the charge as we have a lot of goons displaced and had a long waiting list for the three main ones (seriously, can't believe we are still super active in this game to have 3 full goon alliances where we can't kick anybody).

So, a 4th has been formed called MODOKTORS. This is an extremely newbie friendly alliance and for all the goons who don't have a home. If you don't have a home, I'm strongly encouraging you to come here. It's going to be chill and just a good place to hang in a safe space with goons.

We're all still deeply enjoying the game, many of us completely F2P (we got some whales too of course) but if you took a long break, come back. If you are still playing here and there and need a goon home, MODOKTORS is what's up. The discord channel is still heavily active and we have all formed a really fun family from this game. They're friendships I know I'll have forever as a goon, just like from Marvel Heroes and all those other Marvel games (and other games!) played.

Come one, come all.

https://discord.gg/FpcuPXM

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Going ahead during this extended maintenance to catalog A.I.M.'s extensive rework.

A.I.M. Assaulter posted:

Villain, Global, Tech, Blaster, A.I.M., Minion
==================================
Submachine Gun
Attack primary target for 160% damage + apply Bleed.
Attack primary target for 160% damage + apply Bleed for 2 turns.

Hyperdose
3 Energy, starts with 3
Gain Speed Up for 4 turns + Heal Block for 2 turns. Fill Speed Bar by 60%.
Attack primary target for 250% damage.
If this character has a negative effect, Bonus Attack the primary target for 125% damage per negative effect on the target.
Gain Speed Up for 4 turns.

Juicer
Gain +15% damage and +10% Max Health.
On Turn, change Speed Bar by +20% for self and adjacent A.I.M. allies. Gain +15% Damage and +10% Max Health.

A.I.M. Infector posted:

Villain, Global, Bio, Controller, A.I.M., Minion
===================================
Puncture
Attack primary target for 270% damage. Pass any negative effects on this character to target. 70% chance to apply Offense Down, Defense Down, or Slow to target.
Attack primary target for 270% damage. Transfer all negative effects on this character to the primary target + apply a random negative effect.

Biohazard
3 Energy, starts with 3
Gain 3 random negative effects for 2 turns. Heal self for 10000 Health + 20% of Max Health.
Change Speed Bar by +75%.
Heal self for 10,000 Health + 20% of Max Health.
Gain 2 Counter. Apply 2 Counter to adjacent A.I.M. allies.

Metabolism
Gain +10% Speed and +15% Max Health.
On Turn, gain 2 random negative effects for 2 turns.
Gain +10% Speed. Gain +15% Max Health.
On Turn:
- If Offense Down, gain Offense Up for 2 turns.
- If Defense Down, gain Defense Up for 2 turns.
- If Slow, gain Speed Up for 2 turns.

A.I.M. Monstrosity posted:

Villain, Global, Bio, Brawler, A.I.M., Minion
=================================
Bash
Attack primary target for 280% damage. Apply Defense Down for 1 turn.

Sudden Evolution
3 Energy, starts with 3
Gain Offense Up for 3 turns + Defense Down for 2 turns. Heal self for 3000 Health + 5% of Max Health.
Gain Offense Up + apply Offense Up to adjacent A.I.M. allies for 3 turns.* Attack primary target for 300% damage. This attack cannot miss.
*Offense Up only happens before attack at ability level 7

Growth Spurt
On Turn, 50% chance to Heal for 10% of Max Health.
On Spawn, gain Defense Down.
On Turn, Heal for 20% of Max Health.

A.I.M. Researcher posted:

Villain, Global, Skill, Support, A.I.M., Minion
===================================
Wounding Shot
Attack primary target for 280% damage + apply Offense Down for 1 turn.

Surgery Drone
3 Energy, starts with 3
Heal lowest Health ally for 7000 Health + 15% of this character's Max Health. Apply Offense Down to that ally for 2 turns.
Heal lowest Health ally and adjacent allies for 7000 Health + 15% of this character's Max Health + flip Bleed on lowest Health ally and adjacent allies.

Antidote
On Turn, 25% chance to convert 1 negative effect on each of 2 allies into a positive effect.
On Turn, choose 1 random ally to apply 1 random positive effect from this list: Offense Up, Defense Up, Speed Up, Regeneration, Deathproof, Deflect.
If ally is A.I.M., choose 2 random positive effects from the list.
When a negative effect is applied to an A.I.M. ally, fill this character's Speed Bar by +20%.

A.I.M. Security posted:

Villain, Global, Tech, Protector, A.I.M., Minion
====================================
Takedown
Attack primary target for 270% damage. Apply Slow for 1 turn.
Attack primary target for 270% damage. If Ability Blocked, attack primary target for 470% damage instead. Apply Slow.

Charge Capacitor
3 Energy, starts with 3
Gain Taunt for 1 turn + Slow for 2 turns. Heal self for 8000 Health + 10% of Max Health.
Gain Taunt for 1 turn + Slow for 2 turns. Heal self and adjacent A.I.M. allies for 10,000 Health + 10% of Max Health. Clear Speed Up on Self.

Immunization
Gain +10% Max Health and +15% Resistance.
On attacked, if Scientist Supreme is an ally, when above 75% health, transfer 1 negative effect from self and each A.I.M. ally to the attacking enemy.
Gain +10% Max Health and +15% Resistance.

Scientist Supreme posted:

Villain, Global, Tech, Support, A.I.M.
=============================
Serum Pistol
Attack primary target for 160% damage. Apply 2 random negative effects to primary target.
Attack primary target for 240% damage. Apply 2 random negative effects to primary target.

Field Trials
5 Energy, starts with 5
3 Energy, starts with 3
Convert 4 negative effects on each ally into the equivalent positive effect.
Flip 4 negative effects into positive effects for all allies.
Apply 2 Regeneration to self and all A.I.M. allies.
Increase the duration of positive effects on self and all A.I.M. allies by +1, up to a maximum of 3.

Retro Vaccination
3 Energy, starts with 3
Heal all allies for 3500 Health + 5% of this character's Max Health. All allies & all enemies will receive 1-3 random negative effects for 2 turns.
Heal all allies for 3,500 Health + 5% of this character's Max Health. Apply 2-3 random negative effects to all non-A.I.M. allies and all enemies for 2 turns.
Gain +50% Extra Focus per each A.I.M. ally for this attack.

Mad Science
On Turn, 25% chance to Revive an ally with 20% Max Health. A.I.M. allies Revive with 30% of Max Health instead.
On Spawn, change Speed Bar by +10%, +10% per A.I.M. ally.
On Turn, 25% chance to Revive an ally with 20% Max Health. A.I.M. allies Revive with 30% of Max Health instead.
On Turn, grant 1-2 Ability Energy to all A.I.M. allies with a negative effect.

And the new A.I.M. character:

Graviton posted:

Villain, Global, Bio, Controller, A.I.M.
===========
Gravity Well
Attack the primary target for 250% damage and Bonus Attack for 100% damage per negative effect on the target.

Crushing Force
3 Energy, starts with 3
Attack the primary target for 300% damage. Apply +2 Slow, up to a maximum of 5 to the primary target and adjacent allies. If Scientist Supreme is an ally, apply Bleed to the primary target and adjacent allies.

Singularity
6 Energy, starts with 6
Attack the primary target for 300% damage + 100% additional damage per negative effect and apply Stun.

Weight of the World
When an enemy drops below 50% health, increase the duration of their negative effects by +1, up to a maximum of 5.
A.I.M. Minion allies gain +20% Damage and +20% Max Health.
In War, on Turn, change the Speed Bar of the enemy with the highest Speed by -25%. When an enemy drops below 75% health, apply Disrupted.

There's some bug-fixes and text changes, Wolverine's Slice and Dice gains "Does increased damage on the first attack if Phoenix is an ally. If Cyclops is an ally, all secondary attacks will have 100% Crit Chance. This attack cannot be countered if Psylocke is an ally.", and we've got kits for Invisible Woman and Agent Coulson.

Invisible Woman posted:

Hero, Global, Bio, Protector, Fantastic Four, Marvel 80th
==========================================
Cosmic Rays
Attack the primary target for 290% damage and then Barrier self for 10% of this character's Max Health.

Bending Light
Clear 2 negative effects from self and all allies. Apply Stealth to self and all allies. Apply Defense Up for 2 turns to self and all allies. Clear Stealth from the highest Health ally, then apply 3 Deflect and Immunity for 2 turns to the highest Health ally. Clear Stealth from all enemies.

Psionic Shields
Apply Offense Down for 2 turns to all enemies.
Barrier all allies for 40% of this character's Max Health.

Hard Light
When an enemy attacks a Fantastic Four ally with Barrier, attack that enemy for 250% damage.
Gain +20% Max Health.
Fantastic Four and Namor allies gain +20% Max Health.

Agent Coulson posted:

Hero, Global, Tech, Controller, Avenger, S.H.I.E.L.D.
=========================================
Night-Night Gun
Attack primary target for 230% damage + Chain to 2-4 adjacent targets for 180% damage. Change Speed Bar of primary and secondary targets by -20%.

EMP Punch
5 Energy, starts with 4
Attack primary target for 200% damage. Attack all other enemies for 150% damage.
On War Defense:
- Transfer 4 positive effects from primary target to all non-Minion S.H.I.E.L.D. allies.
- Flip all positive effects on primary target.
Remove all positive effects from all enemies.
Apply Slow to all Tech enemies.

Teamwork
7 Energy, starts with 7
Apply Offense Up to all S.H.I.E.L.D. allies.
On War Defense, clear all positive effects from the enemy with the most Damage.
Apply Defense Down and Taunt to the enemy with the most Damage.
Call 2 allies with the most Damage to attack the enemy with the most Damage.
Attack all enemies for 280% damage.

The Agent
If Coulson drops below 50% Health, change Speed Bar by +60% for S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic.
On War Defense:
- Gain +40% Max Health.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. allies gain +40% Max Health.
- On Spawn, apply Immunity to all S.H.I.E.L.D. allies.
- Gain +120% Resistance.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. allies gain +120% Resistance.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 1, 2019

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I Am Goon has several slots we'd love to fill! We're generally laid back, and I'd much rather have a warm body than none so don't worry too much about being swole! If you are swole then that's even better!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

I Am Goon has several slots we'd love to fill! We're generally laid back, and I'd much rather have a warm body than none so don't worry too much about being swole! If you are swole then that's even better!

Level 45 Bingus looking for love in all the wrong places here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

Level 45 Bingus looking for love in all the wrong places here.

Join discord and come on down!!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Starting up a new alliance, Roxxon Oil. Newbies and casuals welcome.
e: Strike that, got into I Am Goon!

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 10, 2019

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Starting up a new alliance, Roxxon Oil. Newbies and casuals welcome.

Were the current ones that have space not available for you? I only ask because I know I AM GOON and Modoktors have space and they don’t care if you’re super active or not.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I just sent to I am goon

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Nice, gotcha both! Welcome to the warm and mediocre embrace.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I was just happy to walk into 5k raid rewards that I had never seen before in my months of pubbie playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It took me a couple of weeks to get my phone screen replaced during which time I got booted from Catman's. Looks like i am goon and modoktors are completely full. Any other goon alliances remaining with open slots for a casual player?