Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dias posted:

The Hot Ones interview with SCSA is great if only because at one time they do the beer catching spot and Sean misses one of the cans and Austin clearly goes into "motherfucker imma stunner you" face as soon as it happens.

SCSA demonstrates the utter ease of a experienced promo at the start too. Interviewer asks if he can take hot food, Austin:

1. Talks up his toughness in the past.
2. Creates a doubt that he can take it now.
3. Invites the viewer to stick around and find out.

Three seconds, hook set, ready to watch the rest of the video. Utter basic poo poo that 99% of the current roster can't do because Vince can't do it either and he's feeding them their scripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Molestationary Store posted:

Putting NXT against AEW is some kamikaze poo poo. Velveteen Dream rules but are people going to tune in for him over Moxley and Y2J?
I would over Jericho but not Moxley.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

weren't there reports that murdoch was personally responsible for bringing smackdown over? or that he personally attended the meetings or something?

edit: yeah https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wrestling-rights-shakeup-fox-nabs-wwe-espn-signs-ufc-nbc-gets-raw-1115156
i.e. they're both chuds

Vince and Murdoch can both sit in their little clubhouse because they're not respected at the cool kids paedophile cabal table.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Djarum posted:

I am kind of surprised there isn’t a channel doing Z-list movies at night anymore. That format seems like it would be a cheap winner.

EPIX Drive-in and as previously mentioned El Rey are both great for this. I have a basic sling package and I don't get El Rey anymore but still get EPIX Drive-in

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

RAW back to two hours?
The thing Is that legit the WWE doesn't have anything on AEW so all this changes could end hurting themselves more than the competition
Strange times indeed

That's my thought they'll end cannibalising themselves.

Also, they will sacrifice the freshness of new talent on Raw and Smackdown.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider also added that it would be live on the USA Network. From Full Sail University every week.

I was told NXT wrestlers at the talent meeting before the NXT taping were told two weeks at Full Sail and two weeks on the road.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The reaction Gargano and Ciampa got when they debuted on Raw this year is a good sign of how NXT will do in the ratings

The debuted in Lafayette, Lousiana or something to be fair.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRhjWm8Dmg

Good news, he didn't call the fan a homo this time.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWE Star CM Punk

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bradzilla posted:

WWE Star CM Punk

Can you imagine how angry that headline must make him?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Liquid Communism posted:

Can you imagine how angry that headline must make him?

in my experience police don't mind being called cops

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m gonna guess they went to USA and said for the same money you’re giving us now, let’s drop raw to two hours and we’ll give you two hours of NXT on Wednesday.

This whole thing stinks of WWE being super desperate to counterprogram AEW to the point of self sacrifice.

Jerusalem posted:

Holy loving poo poo :stare:

He also countered his daughters claims with a statement that said something akin to “we tried to hide her extramarital affairs with these two guys” and proceeded to name two dudes from the Bachelor Franchise that she was loving.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m gonna guess they went to USA and said for the same money you’re giving us now, let’s drop raw to two hours and we’ll give you two hours of NXT on Wednesday.

This whole thing stinks of WWE being super desperate to counterprogram AEW to the point of self sacrifice.

He also countered his daughters claims with a statement that said something akin to “we tried to hide her extramarital affairs with these two guys” and proceeded to name two dudes from the Bachelor Franchise that she was loving.

I can't imagine raw going to 2 hours at this point, but I can totally imagine them giving NXT to USA for free

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tomahawk posted:

I can't imagine raw going to 2 hours at this point, but I can totally imagine them giving NXT to USA for free

Well I know WWE has been wanting to get rid of the third hour in the last little while. I guess they did some market research and found out the third hour was too much. Five years too late there guys.

I could see either scenario really.

I do wonder how they are going to try and replicate the AEW sell outs since you know they are going to try and cheapen that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Raw is in the Twin Cities this week, a market that usually sells out for Raw or Smackdown.

They are not selling any seats in the upper deck :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Raw is in the Twin Cities this week, a market that usually sells out for Raw or Smackdown.

They are not selling any seats in the upper deck :getin:

Check my post history in this thread for something that may be a factor in this :v:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_cNk4JI34

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Vince is just trying to keep NXT close to ratings with AEW, right? He's not expecting to beat them right?

...what is NXT beats AEW in ratings? Could you imagine?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've become a big fan of the Reliving Wrestling series. Here are the last two episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5kSRKBVz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtISom0CPI

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NXT last time on USA with huge promo could only get 800,000 viewers and this was when NXT wasn't completely buried on the main roster. Topping that is going to be super hard given NXT has been pretty much shown to be chumps every week on RAW

2 weeks at Full Sail and 2 Weeks on the road is going to be fun since it's increased work and I doubt they'll increase NXT guy's pay. Minor league contracts with a major league schedule and no upward momentum (and if the show bombs than the talent is going to be extra screwed). NXT contracts going to seem like a millstone soon

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An amalgamation of all the rumours from a scoopster account that is largely correct.

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1162752527743553536

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Molestationary Store posted:

Putting NXT against AEW is some kamikaze poo poo. Velveteen Dream rules but are people going to tune in for him over Moxley and Y2J?

well it is a good way to sabotage some of your last remaining good product by having the crazy old man poke at it every week and also make it look way more like the rinky-dink third rate production it is compared to AEW's weekly stadium shows, so the future is... interesting for nxt.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

NXT will be cool for a while, up until maybe the Rumble or so, just based on momentum. But the other brands are going to leak all over it consistently and WILD CARD RULEZ will make it feel increasingly less special.

Plus the main roster bookers will see NXT-style matches and be like "No, no, all wrong. You need to do one or two moves, then pause for upward of 30 seconds before another move. Always pausing. Long and lasting pausing." and they'll feel 100% justified in this. After all, some hooting idiot thought Buddy carrying Roman for 10 minutes was a 4 star match.

You'll also have wayyyy too many champions just roaming around between the three shows. Women's tag champs, NXT women's champ, NXT champ, NXT NA champ, NXT UK champ, NXT Tag Champs, SD Women's champ, SD Tag Champs, IC Champ, Heavyweight Champ, Raw Tag Champs, Raw Women's champ, US Champ, Universal Champ, 24/7 Champ

7 hours of weekly programming to make all of those champs appear distinct, strong, special, and engaged in compelling and unique feuds. Plus the other 175~ wrestlers on your roster.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That is some seriously not big big news. Who gives a poo poo?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

GrimGypsy posted:

NXT will be cool for a while, up until maybe the Rumble or so, just based on momentum. But the other brands are going to leak all over it consistently and WILD CARD RULEZ will make it feel increasingly less special.

Isnt the rumor right now that the wild card is going to end once SD goes to fox, with the exception of the 24/7 and the Womans tag team titles, from my understanding the fox contract doesnt officially start till october which would mean that NXT on fs1 (i think this is the rumor) wouldnt start till the week SD moves so wildcard would no longer matter

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NXT in its prime like 2 years ago could have def given AEW a fair run but as of 2019, the product has had too many of its stars poached too soon + a lot of storylines are either rushed or stale. It's better than RAW/SD but nowhere near the excellence of how it was 2018 to early 2019. People like Almas, Black, Kairi, Nikki, etc were rushed into the main shows for no reason and could have supported NXT longer. gently caress, even Asuka had to literally ABANDON her title, giving the rub to NOBODY, and hurting Ember's development. Ember is another one who was moved up with zero fanfare, too.

NXT will be limping into October and AEW can and will loving obliterate them in that timeslot.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean I think NXT is going to bomb ratings wise but it getting a major TV slot is major news for a lot reasons

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
WWE used to be way smarter about NXT callups, you'd have people hanging around for quite a while and actually having storylines and poo poo, nowadays they drop by for a cup of tea and get called up to try and inject new life into the struggling main brand shows.

In a sense that's ok considering NXT is supposed to be developmental and a lot of those wrestlers were definitely main roster ready even before being hired, but if they're now trying to get NXT to be their "super-indie" brand they're gonna have to actually let people chill there unless they have a REALLY good plan for them in the main roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider casually confirming that, like the 24/7 title, this was USA's idea/they came to WWE, not the other way around

PWInsider posted:

In regard to the potential of WWE NXT moving to the USA Network, there are some within WWE who believe USA is a done deal and it's just a matter of time before the deal is announced. There had been interest from FOX but USA came to the table over the last several weeks. I should caution that others have shot down that anything is close to done.

Also rovert was right

quote:

We can confirm that there were NXT staff who were told this week in Florida to be prepared for a longer show and that things would be changing very soon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

7 hours of weekly programming to make all of those champs appear distinct, strong, special, and engaged in compelling and unique feuds. Plus the other 175~ wrestlers on your roster.

Fun fact: KUSHIDA wasn't at the NXT tapings. First time he got to experience Creative Has Nothing For You

He debuted for the company a little over 4 months ago

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Fun fact: KUSHIDA wasn't at the NXT tapings. First time he got to experience Creative Has Nothing For You

you think he was mad that ospreay AND shingo were both in the g1 (although i guess shingo doesnt count cause he was always going to be moved up to heavy)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shiksa posted:

you think he was mad that ospreay AND shingo were both in the g1 (although i guess shingo doesnt count cause he was always going to be moved up to heavy)

if you're a wrestler and you buy into wwe's bullshit in 2019 you have no right to be mad or complain about how they use you imo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I have no idea what KUSHIDA thought was going to happen. His ceiling in WWE is getting occasional storylines on 205 Live, which I guess is fine if that's what you really want to do

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 17, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kushida thought Gedo was never gonna let him go heavyweight so he might as well try something else. Same poo poo happened with Ricochet.

Gedo is great most of the time but he lost two top tier talents for literally no reason and now they're both doing gently caress all in WWE. It sucks.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Yeah I get it but like, WWE isn't going to let him go heavyweight either, and they treat their juniors so much worse

Especially now that Vince is getting more influence on NXT, he's pretty hosed

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

Yeah I get it but like, WWE isn't going to let him go heavyweight either, and they treat their juniors so much worse

The money might be better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

They've pushed him strong to this point and it was just one taping. The taping was mostly NXT Takeover fall out. A show he wasn't on. Will be on the USA Network soon.

He's working an EVOLVE loop soon too.

rovert fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 17, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

I wish he'd gone to AEW instead of WWE but, like.

"Company you've been in for a long time that you know isn't gonna give you the push." vs. "Company you haven't been in where you probably won't get the push but who knows, something weird might happen and hey, look at all those zeroes." :shrug:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Kushida thought Gedo was never gonna let him go heavyweight so he might as well try something else. Same poo poo happened with Ricochet.

Gedo is great most of the time but he lost two top tier talents for literally no reason and now they're both doing gently caress all in WWE. It sucks.

Ricochet was going to go WWE anyway since that seemed to be his dream but not moving Kushida up was an error

but yeah he's going to be stuck in NXT and 205 live probably forever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hopefully WWE can help change things in Saudi Arabia more quickly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

I wish he'd gone to AEW instead of WWE but, like.

"Company you've been in for a long time that you know isn't gonna give you the push." vs. "Company you haven't been in where you probably won't get the push but who knows, something weird might happen and hey, look at all those zeroes." :shrug:

Like shiksa said, Ospreay and Shingo were basically immediately given G1 runs after he left. You can excuse it with "well both are getting moved up to heavyweight, one of which just happened officially" but Ospreay's whole thing all year has been Juniors Can Hold Their Own Against Heavyweights, and it's fair to at least wonder if KUSHIDA would have been part of that if he stayed for one more year

Worst case, he'd have made the same choice a year later, for more money because now WWE's in a war that's going to make them overpay everyone they want