Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trig Discipline posted:

It was like ten years ago, the odds of it still existing somewhere are minimal. :-/

dang oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Always nice to see an org chart that doubles as a demonic sigil.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
A lot of psych/neuroscience conferences I went to had an obviously fake poster or two (not sure any fake talks got in, unless you want to count stuff that in "replication crisis" retrospect is obviously fake). Usually about ESP (pre Bem) and / or aliens IIRC. They were obviously fake because they were humorous or at least trying to be humorous. Usually the presenter wouldn't actually stand in front of the poster, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh one time a colleague did present a poster about sasquatch, but it was obviously a joke. He presented it while wearing a sasquatch costume, and a lot of it was written in first person.

How was it, compared to Chickens Chicken Chicken Chickens Chicken: Chicken Chicken Chickens?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

HerStuddMuffin posted:

And yes, those authors can mention those presentations in their CVs to give themselves a veneer of legitimacy. Sorry about the effortpost.

This was legit interesting, thank you for the context

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Never apologize for a good effort post

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Phy posted:

How was it, compared to Chickens Chicken Chicken Chickens Chicken: Chicken Chicken Chickens?

The general mood was fowl'd for the rest of the evening.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Can YOU decipher wtf these Prager U graphics are decrying

https://twitter.com/ASlavicViking/status/1163840598748610560

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This graph is actually pretty funny to look at because one of the things that helped the Nazi party rise to power in the early years is how they managed to steady the economy after all the post-WW1 instability, and then pissed it all away in WW2 and have the country end up right back where it was before they gained power. It's almost like fascism is unsustainable and can only show "growth" by destructive, short term strategies.

I'm sorry but this is one of my biggest pet peeves. The bad economy the Nazis rescued Germany from was not due to post-WWI hyperinflation but the Great Depression. The Weimar Republic fixed Germany's problems and everything was sort of fine and the Nazis lost elections for years and years and years. They only roared into power because of the Great Depression.

This is important because it says that the reason that democracy failed in Germany was not because of some German only situation. It was part of the world cataclysm. Every other country in the world had some sort of wackjobs waiting in the wings who tried to seize power during the Depression. In the USA we had Father Coughlin, Huey Long, and the Business Plot, all along the spectrum. All failed and we came through it in no small part due to FDR.

Do you see what I'm trying to say? With the idea of WWI --> Versailles --> Nazis you're talking about a specifically German problem. With the idea of Great Depression --> desperation --> Nazis you're talking about an international problem that could easily have hosed up the USA. In the 30's we had issues just as bad as Germany did.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Also the Nazis didn't actually fix the economy; their solutions were some fake unsustainable poo poo that required an infinite victorious war to keep going.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Adam Tooze’s The Wages of Destruction is an excellent treatise on the Nazi economy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Groke posted:

Also the Nazis didn't actually fix the economy; their solutions were some fake unsustainable poo poo that required an infinite victorious war to keep going.

also it's easy to declare you're at full employment if you decide one class of citizens are no longer people, fire them from their jobs, and give them to unemployed people

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Groke posted:

Really? I heard some of them were pretty final.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

HerStuddMuffin posted:

:dadjoke:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

:dudsmile:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Yeah, but they lied about that, too.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
https://twitter.com/foowombats/status/1163871194229161985?s=21

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

System Metternich posted:

Those "worries" sure didn't last long, did they

"Hitler - has he gone too far?"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Nice. Now make them graph the correlation between low subscriber count and high percentage growth.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/JTrofe/status/1164337353521029122?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The two left ones should be switched.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not sure the man has enough of an ideology to be placed firmly at any point on that axis.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Not sure the man has enough of an ideology to be placed firmly at any point on that axis.

It's supposed to be a guide to who people think killed Jeffrey Epstein, not a guide to where those people sit politically

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think Donald Trump would be an alternative centrist take

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

even if you think the two left ones should be swapped, i think the overall joke still works pretty well

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hello sir, i would like to purchase five happinesses

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

hello sir, i would like to purchase five happinesses

your money's no good here

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:vince:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Isn't he supposed to be one of those inbred posh British aristocratic horsefaced Lord types who openly want to throw working class people into industrial meat grinders

Why do they always turn out to be the most boorish ones, and why weren't they guillotined centuries ago

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Isn't he supposed to be one of those inbred posh British aristocratic horsefaced Lord types who openly want to throw working class people into industrial meat grinders

Why do they always turn out to be the most boorish ones, and why weren't they guillotined centuries ago

1. Yes
2. They are educated in a secluded elite institution which teaches them that other human beings are nothing more than cattle
3. The people who own all our national media also went to the same school so basically every newspaper is either neutral or a non-stop fellatio train on his party.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Whybird posted:

non-stop fellatio train

Mods?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Phlegmish posted:

one of those inbred posh British aristocratic horsefaced Lord types who openly want to throw working class people into industrial meat grinders

But you repeat yourself

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Phlegmish posted:

sadly the guillotine is a french idea, and if there's one thing the english working class hate even more than being oppressed by inbred posh aristocratic horsefaced fuckheads,

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Bring back the gibbet instead. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TinTower posted:

Bring back the gibbet instead. :colbert:

Nothing wrong with some good old English Drawing and Quartering. :britain: